PDA

View Full Version : Manu vs Harden Comparison Video

deibero
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
very well done video... i see a lot of similarities in their games... i just think at this point manu is a much better passer and playmaker, but harden could get there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgoOS1FGcmw&feature=youtu.be

UgoOS1FGcmw

Beanzamillion21
05-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Same player. Many will give Harden the edge because he is young. I give Manu the edge because he has been here before and knows what to do.

timvp
05-22-2012, 05:00 PM
:lol Well put together video.

The differences between the two:

-Harden isn't a good defender. This was Ginobili's worst defensive season and he was still a better defender than Harden.

-Prime Manu was a better athlete than Harden will ever be.

-Harden better ballhandler, Ginobili better passer.

-Harden more durable and better at getting to the line.

-Ginobili more creative but also more turnover-prone.

-Harden probably already has a Ginobili-level basketball IQ but he doesn't yet have his otherworldly instincts.

-Ginobili one of the clutchest basketball players ever. Harden was anti-clutch (even worse than Bonner) up until this playoff run.

I'm not sure Harden will ever reach Prime Manu but he definitely has a chance because right now he's three years younger than Manu was when he entered the NBA.

2012 Harden vs. 2012 Ginobili is going to be very interesting to watch. A neutral observer would say Harden has the advantage going into this series. Personally, I'm confident that Ginobili is up for the challenge.

TMTTRIO
05-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Oh and another difference. Manu is the only player out there that has the guts to smack a bat in mid air.

DMC
05-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Both good players. Manu is battle tested and highly decorated. Harden is promising.

BillMc
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
When Harden knocks flying rodents out of the air, then I'll be impressed...

kobyz
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Harden is a smart player but right now he doesn't come close to the knowingness of the game of Manu, i also feel manu's leadership and toughness are much better overall!

OZWIN
05-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Although Harden is much younger I still feel Manu is just as good even right now. They are going to be huge factors and whoever does better off the bench is going to be so key in this series.

kaji157
05-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Ginobili can go Superstar mode anytime without him coming of a streak or even on a game he is sucking, i donīt see Harden having that Superstar Gear Ginobili has just yet, he seems en route to gain it.

By the way, courious stat i came across while looking up these two, Ginobili has not taken more than 15 shots in the same game at any point this season.
It is more extrange that the one game he took 15 shots (for 24 points) was in the first game of the season in a W against Memphis.
And to close out this weird stat, other than that single game, Manu never took more than 13 shots.

Gotta say, this explains in some way why Manu is somehow still looking for his game a bit.

rascal
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Manu is on the decline. Harden is on the ascent.

slick'81
05-22-2012, 06:59 PM

no question harden is a borderline superstar right now

manu is just manu in spurts

Proxy
05-22-2012, 07:00 PM

In what aspects do you see Harden improving more than the level he's already reached? He's a solid player, but I haven't necessarily seen him improve upon any of his weaknesses in a technical sense and I don't foresee him ever reaching the level of skill that it would take to carry a team... Manu has been at that level.

He was at that level before he broke his hand. There's no reason to think anything is serious is working against at this current time from being at that level from earlier this season other than the time spent out of the rotation during the team establishing it's chemistry.

ALVAREZ6
05-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Great video :tu

Really pumped for this series, it'll be one to remember.

porscha
05-22-2012, 07:10 PM
no wonder Chinese media call him black manu :lol
:flag:

therealtruth
05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Harden is a more consistent third scoring option at this time. Hopefully the reason Manu isn't is because of our depth.

silverblackfan
05-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Great find and well put together video. I like that old man Manu is getting some love from the younger players. Harden is explosive and strong, but I believe in Manu's God Mode setting. When that switch is flipped it is a wonder to behold.

Flip the switch, Manu.

Flip it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the video, deibero. :tu

Pop described Manu as one of the most super-competitive players of all-time, up there with MJ in terms of competitiveness. I see the same thing.

If anything can break Manu from his slumber, it will be the challenge James Harden presents. I have confidence Manu will rise to the occasion.

JRHernandez88
05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Can't wait for this match-up but young Harden is a beast though. Maybe this is what Ginobili needs to come out of his slumber...

UZER
05-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Harden is a smart player but right now he doesn't come close to the knowingness of the game of Manu, i also feel manu's leadership and toughness are much better overall!

Nice. I was trying to describe this exact thing to a co-worker.

It's the intangible understanding of the moments in games...when to slow it down...when to push the pace...when a three will swing momentum...when a three will be the dagger...when to pass to a teammate that needs a confidence basket.

Harden makes good plays in a game because he reads and reacts to what the defense gives him. Manu makes good plays in a game with the understanding of why that play is needed.

05-22-2012, 10:46 PM
harden can destroy manu if manu isn't careful. harden's defense was pretty solid on kobe so he can definitely defend when motivated. plus he's left handed so he knows all of ginobili's lefty moves. manu looked tired and old against the clippers while harden was dominant against the lakers. spurs will need manu to negate harden's effectiveness to win this series.

DAF86
05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Anybody can look good guarding Kobe nowadays, all he does now is take fade-away jumpers, no matter who is guarding him. If you at least get an arm up you will look like you're making him take a tough shot.

ace3g
05-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Going to be lots of Manu-Harden comparisons this series -- but not in terms of beard. Manu: "I've tried. Mine doesn't get that good."

urunobili
05-23-2012, 03:15 PM
where are the Harden sick blocks Ginobili style in the video?

BlackSilver
05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
The whole Harden is like Manu discussion reminds me of when Ruben Patterson went around calling himself Kobe Stopper because he had one good game defending him.

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
yup harden is the younger, better ginobili at this point

CGD
05-23-2012, 05:06 PM
thats pretty awesome

Old School 44
05-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Other than they are both left handed, I REALLY don't see many similarities.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/tcatz/JamesGino.jpg