PDA

View Full Version : What are the Chances Potato Head Gets Canned?

Calispursfan11
05-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I would say 90-95% tbh after the way the Fakeshow was manhandled by OKC and his inability to discipline man-child Bynum. Tater is done in LA. No?

Venti Quattro
05-22-2012, 07:41 PM
kind of low.

slick'81
05-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Gotta give the asst. Coach 1 more season

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Like 5% little jimmy aint gonna fire his boy

midnightpulp
05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
None. The Lakers were two choke jobs away from likely winning this series, so Jim Buss will look at that as something of a success, justifying his decision to keep Brown. Furthermore, I think the Lakers have a variety of problems that can't simply be solved by a head-coaching change. They need a bench, athletes, and shooters.

DMC
05-22-2012, 07:49 PM
I would say 90-95% tbh after the way the Fakeshow was manhandled by OKC and his inability to discipline man-child Bynum. Tater is done in LA. No?
We (NBA Forum) predicted it when he was hired.

DMC
05-22-2012, 07:50 PM
None. The Lakers were two choke jobs away from likely winning this series, so Jim Buss will look at that as something of success, justifying his decision to keep Brown. Furthermore, I think the Lakers have a variety of problems that can't simply be solved by a head-coaching change. They need a bench, athletes, and shooters.

I'm going to disagree with this.

Magic, who's part owner, already pointed it out. When the word gets "leaked", it almost always happens. It will happen. Lakers have never been a team to settle for "almost". They will shitcan everyone and suck a dick to try to get back to the Finals.

InRareForm
05-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Not the coach's fault.

Vinny erroneous to Clippers > Mike Brown's erroneous to Lakers

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-22-2012, 08:39 PM
5% sounds about right. Kobe got enough shots to challenge for the scoring title, so he probably would like seeing Brown come back. That should create a little job security. The holes in the roster got exposed worse the coach. They have to move Gasol, if they can turn him into some PG help and/or bench depth then the pressure goes up on Brown in a big way.

DMC
05-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Kobe doesn't want Mike Brown. He wants to run the triangle. Kobe will lobby to try to get someone who will run it.

ChrisRichards
05-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Here's the thing.

LA overachieved this season. They were a Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol turnover from actually winning that series. They had to face a young Thunder team that has been playing for 3 years. In hindsight, the Lakers had a short training camp and additionally they implemented 2 new key players in the system. They were a victim of a new coach trying to figure out a new set of players into a flawed system. Its flawed but Brown can make it work. Brown overall did a great job coaching a team going through a whole set of changes. That being said, I truly believe LA will give him a fair shot for a full training camp next year and then make a decision.

Truth is no other coach can bring out the best in some of these Laker players and no coach will make Kobe change his approach to the game. Heck, Phil Jackson with all his glory failed to squeeze something out of them last year.

Changing coaches at this point is a lateral move, even if that coach is Jackson, Sloan or any of the Van Gundy's. What LA needs is athleticism and reliable shooters. These are two things LA needs more than a new coach to level their playing field next year.

Leetonidas
05-22-2012, 10:03 PM
lol at MWP calling him a fat ass :lmao

"Mike wasn't out there guarding Kevin (Durant)," World Peace said. "That was me. Kevin scored on me. Mike didn't throw turnovers at the end of the game. Mike didn't miss a 3-point shot, I missed a 3-point shot. Mike didn't come in out of shape."

World Peace then caught himself.

"He did come in out of shape," World Peace said with a smile. "Actually, he is a fat-ass."

Kai
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
No way it happens after they stood up for him after Magic's comments.

Calispursfan11
05-22-2012, 11:47 PM
kind of low.

Maybe a little.

ducks
05-23-2012, 01:04 AM
a new system without training camp one season
mike brown is not the best coach but he had by far less talent then phil jackson did

IronMaxipad
05-23-2012, 01:26 AM
0%

LkrFan
05-23-2012, 01:42 AM
lol at MWP calling him a fat ass :lmao

They even showed it on SportsCenter! :rollin

#AMNESTY :lol

DMC
05-23-2012, 07:47 AM
No way it happens after they stood up for him after Magic's comments.

SVG says hello

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Brown gets to start next year as coach. Only way he doesnt finish it, if we greatly under-achieve. Disagree that Lakers over-achieved this past season. Disagree we under-achieved. We were what are record says we were, the third best team in the west, no better no worse. unfortunately with the Bulls and Heat also being better than we were that puts us at 5th or 6th best in the NBA. Lakers could of beat every team besides those 5 including the Pacers, Celts sixers. Clips. But all of those teams would of pushed us to six or 7. So we are closer to those teams then we are to the Spurs/OKC/Heat/Bulls*

*Bulls without rose we could beat ...

Sportcamper
05-23-2012, 10:43 AM
a new system without training camp one season Ducks gets it...:tu

Coach Brown is a nice guy, a good family man & well liked by Jim Buss…He needs another year to learn the Lakers system…I expect to see him 30 lbs lighter in Riley hand made suits carrying a Phil Jackson playbook by training camp….

Trill Clinton
05-23-2012, 10:49 AM
according to my source, he'll be retained.