PDA

View Full Version : help please!

purple_blaze_98
05-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi guys,

I normally don't post but I need help! I'm a Spurs fan living in Chicago & I'll be going to my first playoff game on Sunday. Questions: what time can I get in the AT&T center in order to get autographs? where are the best spots in the arena for maximum player exposure (tunnel, etc.) pls. help! I want pictures w/ the players, esp. GINOBILI!! thanks!! :flag:

also: I would appreciate suggestions of things to do in SA :)

celldweller
05-22-2012, 11:38 PM
ebay

celldweller
05-22-2012, 11:39 PM
jk, welcome to San Antonio!

chunticakes
05-23-2012, 12:06 AM
you won't be able to get autographs. early this season following a game i asked sean elliott for an autograph as he walked out the tunnel. he basically told me to fuck off. :rollin

Libri
05-23-2012, 12:28 AM
also: I would appreciate suggestions of things to do in SA :)

To plan your visit, check out the visitors bureau at www.visitsanantonio.com (http://www.visitsanantonio.com/index.aspx).

capek
05-23-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure if you'll just be able to go down to the tunnel area to get autographs. When I went to the finals in '05, all you needed was that your seats be in that area, and if you got there early you could get your position and get autographs. I got the whole '05 championship to autograph my Spurs hat that way, plus Gervin!

But in '07, I got tickets in the same area, but when I went over to get some more autographs, the ushers wouldn't let me in the area, and said there was some type of lottery system you had to win in order to stand down there.

I'm not sure if that's changed since then. Personally, I thought it was bullshit. I drove in from Houston, got there two hours early, and they basically told me to fuck off. I don't know how you'd get current information on this, but at least be prepared that you might get there only to be turned away. :(

capek
05-23-2012, 02:13 AM
George Gervin wouldn't sign either

:depressed

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/capek/Untitled.jpg

:king

DAF86
05-23-2012, 08:00 AM
you won't be able to get autographs. early this season following a game i asked sean elliott for an autograph as he walked out the tunnel. he basically told me to fuck off. :rollin

Not sure if serious. Sean doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

purple_blaze_98
05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
thanks for the replies! :)

jn77
05-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Doors open two hour proior to tip off, our seats have to be in the lower bowl, last time we went to conferance finals they only allowed you down bu the tunnel with wristbands. The ushers block the tunnel at the end of the quarters and halftime. Last two games manut, tim and tony did not sign, they left through the visitor tunnel so no one would ask. it's much easier during the regular season. Sorry to bear the bad news. I worked out there all season, and part of my job was that area.

Jim

OZWIN
05-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Just expect a jam packed basketball game and a lot of screaming. As far as autographs go...you might get lucky.

purple_blaze_98
05-23-2012, 09:15 PM
thank you!... our seats suck but i was hoping to get there early enough for pix. i did the same thing in chicago when they were here & was able to get a pic w/ manu. i'm hoping to get another one w/ him in SA.

Spursfan092120
05-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I've gotten many autographs from Sean...Gotten them from Tony, Manu, Tim, Bruce, etc. Don't go throwing out bullshit like someone's a bad guy. Security doesn't allow it anymore. Has nothing to do with the players.

Spursfan092120
05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Not sure if serious. Sean doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

He's not that kind of guy.

TwelveGs210
05-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Things to do in SA.. Swim in our shifty zoo water creek, fuck a few fat chicks, end night at Chachos. Rinse and Repeat steps two and three.

robino2001
05-24-2012, 11:29 AM
from the Spurs STH update email today...

Player Tunnel Railings Update
For all remaining playoff games, doors will continue to open two hours prior to tip-off; however, access to the player tunnel railings (home and away) will be restricted. Thank you for your understanding.