PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs fail to win the title this year...

Magua
05-23-2012, 12:40 AM
What will you have to live for?

This question is for San Antonio residents only.

baseline bum
05-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Seeing Kobe go down in flames tbh.

Venti Quattro
05-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Probably thinking they'll bank on their go-to move: The Spurs having more rings than the Mavs, despite Dallas being an infinitely nicer place to live.

CitizenDwayne
05-23-2012, 01:05 AM
Probably thinking they'll bank on their go-to move: The Spurs having more rings than the Mavs, despite Dallas being an infinitely nicer place to live.
Hmm...sad truth, that.

Russo21
05-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Watching LeBron lose in the NBA Finals is always entertaining. If the Spurs go down that usually fuels my interest a little bit watching him choke.

After basketball season i usually start following football which has reached the 1/3 of the season mark by that time. My Football team hasn't won a championship since 1966, losing in the final in 1997 2009 and 2010 :-(

So yeah that's what i do :) But here's hoping we go all the way.

JustSpurs
05-23-2012, 01:27 AM

You've never lived in Dallas. It blows.

DeadlyDynasty
05-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Watching LeBron lose in the NBA Finals is always entertaining. If the Spurs go down that usually fuels my interest a little bit watching him choke.

After basketball season i usually start following football which has reached the 1/3 of the season mark by that time. My Football team hasn't won a championship since 1966, losing in the final in 1997 2009 and 2010 :-(

So yeah that's what i do :) But here's hoping we go all the way.

You're a Packers, Colts, and Steelers fan?

davidbowie
05-23-2012, 03:35 AM
honestly i have very little in my life. i have nothing to look forward to and very few things make me happy these days. i'm a failure. if the spurs were to lose this round or in the finals i'd be really depressed.

hooperflash
05-23-2012, 04:05 AM
I'm confident we'll win but I'd work on MY game more and hope to meet Kawhi at a camp, tbh

slick'81
05-23-2012, 04:07 AM
next season

Darkwaters
05-23-2012, 04:55 AM

You must be one of those that assumes that everyone wants to live in Los Angeles. It's not as simple as Los Angeles>Dallas>San Antonio. You couldn't pay me to move anywhere near LA. Dallas would be acceptable, but I would undoubtedly prefer San Antonio to them all.

pgardn
05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
We got to see some of the best TEAM basketball for this franchise ever. Dallas had more to be proud of last year than just winning it all. It was the way they won it. They had parts that worked very nicely together, they were a pleasure to watch. They moved the ball around nicely, found the open 3 or any easy layup. Their team D was excellent. The Mavs won playing the game the right way.

Amazingly there are some people who actually like to watch the game played well. The Kobe iso, the Lebron bull run with a foul to the basket gets very old. This has been a great season to view very good TEAM basketball for Spurs fans.

For some its only the outcome that matters. Imo the 99 Spurs were a very hard team team to watch for the entirety of the game. Play very good stifling D, that was fine, but the offense was bland. We did not move the ball nearly as well, were not very good shooters, we just ground teams into sand. It was almost an afterthought that we were going to win. It was too easy and done in a way that was very one-sided; D up, who cares about making a shot, we will win regardless.

Yuixafun
05-23-2012, 07:33 AM
My family, girlfriend, friends, future.

Live the now for the promise of the infinite.

Love Love

noles1983
05-23-2012, 08:06 AM
You must be one of those that assumes that everyone wants to live in Los Angeles. It's not as simple as Los Angeles>Dallas>San Antonio. You couldn't pay me to move anywhere near LA. Dallas would be acceptable, but I would undoubtedly prefer San Antonio to them all.

THIS

That shit hole of a city LA needs to fall into the ocean already.

Legacy
05-23-2012, 08:23 AM
The San Antonio Spurs will win it ALL this year. End of fucking story.

:flag:

Agloco
05-23-2012, 08:24 AM

Nothing. I'll go throw myself into the "muddy creek".

Legacy
05-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Nothing. I'll go throw myself into the "muddy creek".

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Dex
05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
tacos

Spursmania
05-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Get ready for next year and hope we can keep Diaw and Green.

I have lived in Austin for several years, and worked in Houston and Dallas quite a lot. While they can be nice to visit, without a doubt, we made San Antonio our home because we love it here and the family values are second to none. Oh and the tacos, of course!:lol

LA is nice to visit. My brother in law who is an engineer lives there. He is currently taking a sabattical from work and is taking acting classes and doing small modeling jobs. All he takes care of now is his body, his face, etc... You couldn't pay me to live in LA except visiting is fun. I wouldn't want to raise my kids there. The traffic alone is enough to substantially take away from your quality of life. But to each his own.

Seems to me, those who don't know San Antonio are the first to criticize it. It's a great place to live.:toast

SpurinDallas
05-23-2012, 08:51 AM
All Spurs fans can be grateful we aren't Warriors fans

Leetonidas
05-23-2012, 09:37 AM
San Antonio is a pretty nice place to live imo, as long as you live on one of the non-b3aner or black sides of town. I mean obviously there's b3aners everywhere but as long as you're outside loop 410 you should be okay. as far as visiting SA it kinda sucks, there's nothing to really do as far as tourist attractions go (Alamo is boring imo and wgaf about the missions) but as far as living here it's not too bad tbh I like it better than living in the bay area (not weather-wise though)

Spur|n|Austin
05-23-2012, 09:55 AM

I'd live in SA over Dallas any day. People in Dallas are DBAGS.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I barely remember living in San Antonio, granted I was 6 years old. I don't think I would ever go back though tbh. I would also never live in LA because that place is just shitty. Then again I'm pretty spoiled since I've lived on O'ahu for the past year and a half.

703 Spurz
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM

What about the people who like the Spurs that don't live in Texas? Then what?

Keepin' it real
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Feeling far superior to you.

Keepin' it real
05-23-2012, 11:25 AM

I'm about to move to Dallas from San Antonio. It's for a job, but that's it. I've been to Dallas many times ... I hate it.

It's a concrete jungle.
Houses are overpriced and have very small yards.
No diversity.
People are stuck up.
The Mavs and Cowboys play there.

'Nuff said.

Horse
05-23-2012, 12:33 PM

Well........Your mom! That's what I live for.