PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest: Mike Brown did come in out of shape. Actually, he is a fat a$$

scanry
05-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Joe McDonnell

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — One year ago, following a second-round playoff sweep by eventual NBA champion Dallas, Kobe Bryant met with GM Mitch Kupchak and then-coach Phil Jackson for his exit interview. Afterwards he spoke at length with the media, saying he wasn't done as a player, would definitely be healthy for the 2011-12 season, and that the Lakers would be back to contender status. He spoke for more than 30 minutes, then some more as he walked to his car.

On Tuesday, following another second-round loss, this time in five games to Oklahoma City, the Lakers confirmed that not only wouldn't Bryant talk to the media, but that his exit meeting would come later in the week, possibly at a lunch with Kupchak and coach Mike Brown.

Let the speculation begin.

If Lakers fans are hoping to hear from their hero, they might have to wait until the Olympic team begins its workouts — if he plays.

Is Bryant sick of talking about the shortcomings of his teammates — especially Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, both of whom he called out for what he felt was their lack of effort? Does he fear that winning the sixth NBA title he covets so passionately may never happen? With Bryant turning 34 in August, and the Lakers as a whole getting older, is he poised to demand that Kupchak make major moves, or if not, trade him to a team that can win now?

The first one is a no-brainer — Kobe almost certainly will try to change the direction of this team. Playing on creaky knees and heading into his 17th season with a body that has a ton of basketball mileage on it, he knows he has only a few more shots at another ring. A promise by management to sate the ultra-competitive Bryant's thirst for a better supporting cast might be the only way to avoid an uncomfortable — and uncommunicative — summer.

We might get an indication of Bryant's intentions when Kupchak and Brown address the media following the final exit meeting on Wednesday. Tuesday's first meeting was with Metta World Peace, who started his media session by claiming that the Lakers are the best team in basketball. Really.

“The best team in the NBA lost in five (games),” World Peace said. “The best team in the NBA should be up 3-2 and playing (Wednesday). But the better team took advantage of the moment, took advantage of their time. They seized it, grabbed it and held on to it, so we have to find a way to hold onto our moments.

“We had those guys beat — fairly easy. Fairly easy we had those guys beat. But that's the difference in a team that's been together and then added a Derek Fisher, versus a team that hasn't been together (long).

“(Oklahoma City) was amazing. Pretty amazing.”

He also endorsed Brown to continue as coach, despite a number of run-ins between the two.

“Mike didn't make turnovers at the end of the game,” he said. “Mike didn't miss 3-point shots; I missed 3-point shots. Mike didn't come in out of shape. You know, he (actually) did come in out of shape. Actually, he is a fat a**,” he said, laughing. “But it was the players, not coach.”

Note to Metta: Calling your coach a fat a** — even jokingly — not a brilliant thing to do.

MWP also talked about the possibility of the Lakers using their amnesty provision to waive him and sweep the remaining $15 million on his contract off the books.

“It's something you'd have to ask them,” World Peace said. “For me it's easy: The Lakers did a lot for me and I like it here, but whatever's best for the Lakers — me not being here, if it's best for the Lakers, it's good for me.

“The Lakers did nothing but great things for me. I got a championship, which is something I always wanted. It's not about me, it's what can make the team better.”

Ramon Sessions, the other Laker who spoke Tuesday, said Kupchak and Brown let it be known that they would like him to exercise his player option and remain with the Lakers.

“It was 100 percent clear leaving the meeting that they want me back,” Sessions reported, and said he'd also like to stay with the team but hasn't made a firm decision about the contract. He's due to make $4.55 million next season.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/05/22/12/Lakers-offseason-of-big-questions-begins/msn_landing.html?blockID=733820&feedID=3709

Screw Lose Ron at it again. Not surprising at all. :lol

Sportcamper
05-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Artest is a very scary man...

lefty
05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
What an inoffensive faggot

mavsfan1000
05-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Haha. Classic stuff from World Peace.