PDA

View Full Version : If every current roster this season were in their prime...

Road Warrior
05-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Who would have the best team?

I'm thinking Boston with a prime KG, Allen, Pierce, and with Rondo being in his prime

Also Dallas with a prime Dirk, JKidd, Vice Carter, and Shawn Marion would be scary.

OldSilentHill
05-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Spurs sweeping all teams.

Just imagine Duncan and Ginobili at their best. There you have 3 FMVP with Parker.

Muser
05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Dallas or Boston

JamStone
05-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Dallas would smash like Hulk

baseline bum
05-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Prime Kidd couldn't shoot like TOSB Kidd though, so I don't think Dallas would be all that great. Spurs/Lakers/Celtics would be the top 3.

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
^prime dirk and obviously Marion and carter could all run on the break with him though

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I say Boston, but it's close with Mavs. The reason I give Boston the edge is because of defense. Boston could roll out a small defensive lineup of prime KG, Avery Bradley, Rondo, Pierce and Pietrus. People forget he is on that roster and though no star in his prime Pietrus was a good defender too. KG, Ray Pierce in their primes pack plenty of offense I take Boston. Young KG does a decent job on dirk, Avery Bradley does his best on young Vince and Prime Kidd though a better driver was a worse shooter than he is now ....Marion would kill that line-up on the glass though ...

Fpoonsie
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Starting 5, I'd go w/ Boston.

1-8,9, I'd go w/ Dallas.

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Spurs would probably be second because a prime spurs also has great offense and defense plus they get Diaw and SJAx in their primes. Both had pretty short primes but in optimum position I think Spurs are better than Mavs.

Lakers in prime gets DPOY Artest, young Kobe and Pau ...Drew before his knees exploded. I know he has improved but I would take that trade off. Heck we even get Barnes in his Gstate days .... but I say: 1. Boston or SAS 3. Lakers 4. Mavs But I would have no problems switching the first two or the last two.

Also others to consider:

Heat (Big 3 plus young Juwan Howard, Battier, pre-injury Haslem)
Knicks (Pre knee surgey Amare, Melo, Sacramento Bibby, JR smith, Baron Davis, Jeremy Lin, Tyson)

Screw that no defense but Knicks maybe at least top 3 ....on paper. Not sure how a team with 3 dyanamic PG's and so many shitty defenders would beat those other squads but they would be fun to watch ...

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Knicks are really good on further reflection: Prime Amare, Melo, Tyson, Baron and Bibby is a nasty starting 5 tbh ... again no defense but wow. Bibby could shoot Barin couldd pentrate drive and finish. Tyson blocking shots and cleaning the glass. amare dunking like lake and hitting high post jumpers like KG.

Tyson would hate playing with such lazy defenders he may choke out one of those guys ...

Fenix
05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Spurs would probably be second because a prime spurs also has great offense and defense plus they get Diaw and SJAx in their primes. Both had pretty short primes but in optimum position I think Spurs are better than Mavs.

Lakers in prime gets DPOY Artest, young Kobe and Pau ...Drew before his knees exploded. I know he has improved but I would take that trade off. Heck we even get Barnes in his Gstate days .... but I say: 1. Boston or SAS 3. Lakers 4. Mavs But I would have no problems switching the first two or the last two.

Also others to consider:

Knicks (Pre knee surgey Amare, Melo, Sacramento Bibby, JR smith, Baron Davis, Jeremy Lin, Tyson)

Screw that no defense but Knicks maybe at least top 3 ....on paper. Not sure how a team with 3 dyanamic PG's and so many shitty defenders would beat those other squads but they would be fun to watch ...

the knicks are actually a top 3 defensive team this year after Lin took over

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Lin would not play much with prime Davis and Bibby in the backcourt. Knicks defense inproved because Bibby, Melo and Amare were out for part of that sreak. I love Davis, but he was no great defender either even in his prime ...

Latarian Milton
05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
bynum has yet to reach his prime and you don't know how damn great the prime version will be, the prime kobe was a true god and he would make a fearful combo with bynum tbh

mavs would be talented as FUCKED if all their TOSBs rejuvenate but none of them fills the gap at C, contract whore would still be their #1 option at this position

rayjayjohnson
05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
spurs.

TP currently in prime
Duncan in prime was phenomenal
Ginobli prime would probably not matter.

pass1st
05-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Boston, prime Allen/Pierce/KG + a good pure PG in Rondo. Can't really fuck with that, they can play defense, shoot and dominate the paint.

After that, probably Dallas/Spurs/Lakers in any order.

MavDynasty
05-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Dallas with prime odom?

MavDynasty
05-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Marion would be raining bootleg 3s from the corner :lol

Venti Quattro
05-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Dallas with prime odom?

Or even just det Odom that won 2 rings with LA.

tesseractive
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Knicks are really good on further reflection: Prime Amare, Melo, Tyson, Baron and Bibby is a nasty starting 5 tbh ... again no defense but wow. Bibby could shoot Barin couldd pentrate drive and finish. Tyson blocking shots and cleaning the glass. amare dunking like lake and hitting high post jumpers like KG.

Tyson would hate playing with such lazy defenders he may choke out one of those guys ...

I think the guys on that team would end up fighting each other to death over the ball.

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 06:09 PM
prime knicks would beat all if it was the first round because baron davis would rain 1 legged bootleg fadeaway threes from half court all day..then they'd eventually get taken out in subsequent rounds imho

tesseractive
05-23-2012, 06:20 PM
spurs.

TP currently in prime

Prime Duncan would be the best player in the Prime league, and TP would have Prime Ginobili, Jax, and Diaw to spread the floor and provide threats off the dribble. That creates a lot of space for prime Duncan on the block. Sick team.

Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo all in their prime is a murderers row.

Tough call overall -- nobody on that Celtics squad is stopping Duncan, but nobody on that Spurs team is stopping Garnett either, I don't think.

MavDynasty
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Dem hawks would have a strong guard rotation with craphouse and Tmac off the bench. That's like 60 points

naico
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Atlanta to be considered?

Mc Grady and Stackhouse in their prime + Joe Johnson, Horford and Smith to round out main 5.

MavDynasty
05-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Beat you :lol

DAF86
05-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Tony, Manu, Jack, Diaw, Duncan.

Kidd, Carter, Marion, Dirk, Haywood.

Sessions, Kobe, Artest, Pau, Bynum.

Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Bass, Garnett.

Pretty close tbh, but if this version of the Spurs can do what they're doing with TOSB Duncan, Manu and Jack I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

MavDynasty
05-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Last years mavs would've been sick

Kidd, Terry, Peja, Dirk, TC, Caron

irishock
05-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Kidd, Carter, Marion itself could own the league. The reason the Nets never got past the 2nd round was because their third fiddle was RJ.

Venti Quattro
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
The question is if Carter gives it his 100%.

tesseractive
05-23-2012, 06:34 PM
The question is if Carter gives it his 100%.

Not against a team that knocks him down once or twice. :lol

VBM
05-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Phoenix is pretty sick with prime Nash, Michael Redd and Grant "the original next Jordan" Hill. They'd get eaten up in the post though, although they could run small with Josh Childress at the 4.

jestersmash
05-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Mavs, Celtics, Spurs, Heat in no particular order.

jestersmash
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
And actually, I momentarily forgot the Lakers have Artest.

Prime Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Artest. Yeah that's pretty solid. I'd throw them into the mix as well.

resistanze
05-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Celts.

LiamNeeson'shero
05-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Spurs
Mavs
Suns

Mal
05-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I`ll go with Spurs. Prime Duncan will be the best player considered. Plus he`d got prime Manu, current Parker, prime Jax, Diaw. And bunch of roles. He won championship with much worse surrounding.

Then there would be Celtics. Scary big 4, but without any significant help.

Dallas with primes Dirk, Kidd, J-Terry, Carter.

Lakers with younger Kobe, Artest before brawl, younger Pau and Bynum. But still no bench and help outside this 4 guys.

Miami with current James, Bosh. Younger Wade, Battier, Miller, Howard, Haslem. Pretty deep and scary team.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
even in their primes, you still need to play as a team to win

baseline bum
05-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Mavs, Celtics, Spurs, Heat in no particular order.

No way on the Heat. They essentially are already prime Heat (:lol Juwan Howard ever being shit) and don't look all that good.

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 09:52 PM
No way on the Heat. They essentially are already prime Heat (:lol Juwan Howard ever being shit) and don't look all that good.

Howard was no superstar but for a couple years he was an 18 and 8 guy ... I just think his stupid contract and the expectations that came with it... plus injuries did him in ...

Josepatches_
05-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Duncan in his prime was clearly the best player.

Spurs with him at his prime won to a prime Garnett,prime Kidd or Nowitzki.....

Miami would have a shot too. Mike Miller wouldn't suck and Juwan Howard was pretty good. Shanne Battier would help much better on offense and defense.

But Spurs would win all

100%duncan
05-23-2012, 10:03 PM
:lol Just give us Prime Duncan, clowns.

baseline bum
05-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Howard was no superstar but for a couple years he was an 18 and 8 guy ... I just think his stupid contract and the expectations that came with it... plus injuries did him in ...

Howard was Charmin-soft and put up about as empty of numbers as you'll ever see in this league: like a better Drew Gooden.

Killakobe81
05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Howard was Charmin-soft and put up about as empty of numbers as you'll ever see in this league: like a better Drew Gooden.

I dont dispute that Bum, just saying he can score ... grab a few boards.

naico
05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Beat you :lol

:toast

Kai
05-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Boston Wins the Championship. Dallas is beastly though.

BlairForceDejuan
05-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Spurs.

prime duncan GOAT
prime parker
prime long haired hulk mode manu

game over.

xellos88330
05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
That would be friggin awesome to see. Now that would be great NBA basketball.

TheRealCB
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
2011 Dirk,prime Kidd,Carter,Marion,Odom,Jet

It would be an amazing WCF between Spurs-Mavs...Boston would just toy with the east before getting to the finals.

MavDynasty
05-24-2012, 02:21 PM
2011 Dirk,prime Kidd,Carter,Marion,Odom,Jet

It would be an amazing WCF between Spurs-Mavs...Boston would just toy with the east before getting to the finals.

Tbh 2011 dirk was badass but I liked young athletic n!gger dirk circa 2003 where he sprinted up and down the court with the ball and popped transition 3s in someone's grill

baseline bum
05-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Tbh 2011 dirk was badass but I liked young athletic n!gger dirk circa 2003 where he sprinted up and down the court with the ball and popped transition 3s in someone's grill

2003 Dirk was Nash-level defensively. I would much rather have 2006-2012 Dirk.

thispego
05-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Prime Kidd couldn't shoot like TOSB Kidd though, so I don't think Dallas would be all that great. Spurs/Lakers/Celtics would be the top 3.

what is tosb?

thispego
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Kidd, Carter, Marion itself could own the league. The reason the Nets never got past the 2nd round was because their third fiddle was RJ.

huh?

MavDynasty
05-24-2012, 02:41 PM
One of my favorite games ever that featured n!gger dirk and prime Duncan

Dirk-38 points 15 boards
Duncan- 40 points 15 boards

DGsybGalwOQ

MavDynasty
05-24-2012, 02:43 PM
2003 Dirk was Nash-level defensively. I would much rather have 2006-2012 Dirk.

Yeah, his defense was awful. He has definitely evolved his game from a fast outrun you and shoot player to a slower break-you-down via triple threat/post player

Robz4000
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Bulls with a 2011 Derrick Rose, mid-2000s-Pistons Rip, not-completely-worthless Boozer, Noah, and their ridiculous D would be up there too. Not to mention Brian Scalabrine...

cheguevara
05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
If you include Odom, Mavs hands down.

otherwise,
Spurs over Boston. Prime DUNCAN

benefactor
05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Boston. Spurs/Lakers/Dallas would all be scary but all three would still be playing for second.

cheguevara
05-24-2012, 03:08 PM
:lol Just give us Prime Duncan, clowns.

this

mingus
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Spurs with blair with both acls would dominate the league

Latarian Milton
05-25-2012, 05:07 AM
06' dirk was the best he's ever been tbh, even the god-like one last year was not as good as the german allah who carried a shitload of fucks into the NBA finals in 06

DMC
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Prime Gortat fortifying prime Nash though.

Kidd K
05-25-2012, 12:44 PM

The Knicks were already high in the defensive standings because of Chandler. Don't give matador Lin credit for Chandler's work. The Knicks were much better defensively when Lin went out. Don't play revisionist historian. . .Lin was getting destroyed game in and game out by the opposing PG (any time he actually played one who was worth anything, which wasn't that often).

Lin would not play much with prime Davis and Bibby in the backcourt. Knicks defense inproved because Bibby, Melo and Amare were out for part of that sreak. I love Davis, but he was no great defender either even in his prime ...

Baron Davis was actually a terrific defender in his prime. Stop lying.

OZWIN
05-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Boston, Dallas, and the Spurs.

rascal
05-25-2012, 06:15 PM
spurs.

TP currently in prime

Spurs would not be much better than what they currently are.

jimbo
05-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Also others to consider:

Heat would also have prime Eddy Curry which isn't a joke. Him + Juwan Howard or Bosh would be crazy. And maybe prime Wade if you want to consider that. Toss in prime Mike Miller who would actually knock down some of these wide open 3s he gets. PG position is still really weak though.

Top tier would probably be
Spurs
Celtics
Lakers

Next tier
Mavs
Heat
Knicks

But any team on this list could win on any given night with that much talent. Just a matter of who's hot.

tesseractive
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Spurs would not be much better than what they currently are.

Umm, no. If you dropped Prime Tim Duncan into this offense, it wouldn't even be fair. He's feasting right now because he's seeing fewer double teams because teams key on Parker and are playing catchup with the motion offense. The ball usually only goes into the post only when Timmy has a mismatch. Which is perfectly fair given his age.

But replace him with Prime Duncan, and suddenly he's destroying anything that isn't a well-positioned double team, and using the motion to make it even harder for teams to deny him his spots down on the blocks. And with Diaw moving around the perimeter like crazy, swinging a double team down onto Duncan is nearly impossible without giving other players more or less all day to shoot.

And Manu at his peak was a freaking assassin, and an above average defender who made a ton of brilliant plays. We haven't seen nearly as much of that lately, but take the current offense, plus Prime Duncan on the block, plus the peak of Manu's form? Not even fair, tbh.

Meanwhile, on the other end, Prime Duncan is what, a Top 5 All-Time help defender? Somewhere in that zone. He's wreaking complete havoc, and making 4 superior wing defenders look even better than they do already. And pulling down a crazy number of boards besides.

Remember those 8 1/2 minutes when we outscored the Clippers 24-0? With Prime Duncan backing everyone up, all those wing defenders, and an offense that can't possibly be stopped? Runs like that are just another day at the office against an average NBA team.

Against other Prime teams like Boston, Miami, and Dallas though -- that's where it gets harder to figure. But I like our chances.

Latarian Milton
05-25-2012, 07:53 PM
the all-prime version miami wouldn't be much better then we currently are tbh, our niggas are all right in their primes and we're set to win