PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams sees no longevity in playing for Dallas

Bynum's grey hair
05-23-2012, 10:19 PM
For the Lakers, Williams could be a possibility if Howard is not. A source close to the three-time All-Star said he would be interested in joining the Lakers, though it would have to be via a sign-and-trade deal. (Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions, who was acquired from Cleveland at the trade deadline, has a $4.5 million player option for next season.) The source said Williams' preference, however, is for the Nets to improve the roster sufficiently enough that he can feel good about staying put rather than fear a repeat of this season, when they finished 22-44. As for Dallas, which sacrificed its best chance to defend the title by preserving salary-cap space last summer in anticipation of this free-agent class, the source said of the Mavericks: "There's no longevity there." If owner Mark Cuban can clear enough space to sign a worthy sidekick for Williams, though, then maybe Williams would join his hometown team after all.

Gasol might very well be the Lakers' big man on the move as opposed to Bynum, too. The 31-year-old still has very good value around the league, though the fact that he has two years and $38.3 million left on his contract could scare away the many teams that will be trying to shed salary in preparation for the more punitive luxury tax that begins after next season.

There's a bank in every city, but good luck banking on what's next for the Lakers or Magic. The smart money, as I see it, is for the Howard-Bynum swap to happen.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/05/23/howard.bynum/index.html#ixzz1vjUJ8Ds9

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 10:25 PM
good it wasn't a good move for us anyway without dwight

mavsfan1000
05-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Cuban is a fucking idiot for not resigning Chandler.

Stalin
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
shocking

irishock
05-23-2012, 10:34 PM
How do you go from Chandler to Steve Nash?

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 10:34 PM
who the fuck gives deron william the max like an idiot is the question

mavs need to do dirk a service, trade him, and rebuild

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
How do you go from Chandler to Steve Nash?

i will not watch a single game or support this team in any way if they sign nash

mavsfan1000
05-23-2012, 10:36 PM
who the fuck gives deron william the max like an idiot is the question

mavs need to do dirk a service, trade him, and rebuild
No thanks.

jeebus
05-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Because Deron leaving Utah turned them into a lottery team with no future while Deron turned the Nets into a great team with a gorgeous new logo. Let his ass stay where he's at and rot there.

LiamNeeson'shero
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Cuban is a fucking idiot for not resigning Chandler.

this.

rayjayjohnson
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
shocking

this.

morons who thought he'd go for this are morons.

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 10:39 PM
No thanks.

you need to worry about your team and how rose is going to be when he returns rather than the mavs, thanks

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2012, 10:39 PM
People who thought Derron would be a game changer are stupid.

Mavs should get a defensive center resign Marion, and use that Cuban money to get young defensive athletes.

They won a championship without anything resembling a decent point guard, so

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
mavericks need to just realize that there is absolutely noooooooo solution via free agency that is going to put us into contention. just another 1 and done at best...so why not save yourselves the trouble, do the right thing for dirk, and rebuild? the faster they do this the faster we can be back into contention.

mavs>spurs
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
People who thought Derron would be a game changer are stupid.

Mavs should get a defensive center resign Marion, and use that Cuban money to get young defensive athletes.

They won a championship without anything resembling a decent point guard, so

marion is still under contract

mavsfan1000
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
mavericks need to just realize that there is absolutely noooooooo solution via free agency that is going to put us into contention. just another 1 and done at best...so why not save yourselves the trouble, do the right thing for dirk, and rebuild? the faster they do this the faster we can be back into contention.
Dirk for Rose. Make it happen.

irishock
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Dirk for Rose. Make it happen.

LOL at trading the most loyal superstar in the league that carried the franchise for 14 years.

Mavs fans, how classy.

mavs>spurs
Rose is done..what's a gangbanger who's game primarily centers around freakish athleticism going to do without an ACL?

mavs>spurs
LOL at trading the most loyal superstar in the league that carried the franchise for 14 years.

Mavs fans, how classy.

nah i say we trade him to a contender and let him get more rings..that is the right thing to do.

BRHornet45
05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
sons its hilarious how all these thugs like Deron and Dwight want to play for the hip hop team of the NBA (Brooklyn Jiggas)

what a bunch of hood rats and speaking of Dwight Howard's hypocritical, dumb ass ... who in their right mind would want to leave the beautiful state of Florida (and their no state income tax) for shitty ass Brooklyn? oh wait ... Jay Z has a minority ownership of the team and every home game will basically be like the Vibe Awards. my bad

mavsfan1000
05-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Which are the Bulls. ;)

Josepatches_
05-23-2012, 10:53 PM

Another what?

How many titles you won in your history? It seems that you always were a contender.
If you can win one more who cares about future. If you were a loser team again that's what you always were. At least you would have 2 titles.

Bynum's grey hair
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
sons its hilarious how all these thugs like Deron and Dwight want to play for the hip hop team of the NBA (Brooklyn Jiggas)

what a bunch of hood rats and speaking of Dwight Howard's hypocritical, dumb ass ... who in their right mind would want to leave the beautiful state of Florida (and their no state income tax) for shitty ass Brooklyn? oh wait ... Jay Z has a minority ownership of the team and every home game will basically be like the Vibe Awards. my bad
BR knows deep down he would trade his bad taste in women to get both on his shitty ass team.

BRHornet45
05-23-2012, 10:56 PM
BR knows deep down he would trade his bad taste in women to get both on his shitty ass team.

false

son I wouldn't want either of them. Dwight is the only one worth paying money to for his talent on the court, but he is a weak coward and his off the court issues wouldn't be worth it.

mavs>spurs
Another what?

How many titles you won in your history? It seems that you always were a contender.
If you can win one more who cares about future. If you were a loser team again that's what you always were. At least you would have 2 titles.

when i say "1 and done" i mean a first round exit. there is nothing in free agency that is going to get us any further than the first, maybe 2nd round.

mavsfan1000

Yep Deron is definitely a wigga.

BRHornet45
05-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Yep Deron is definitely a wigga.

son its cute watching him try so hard to be a real hard soulja. I mean he even got all of those ghetto ass tats and fronts harder than Kenyon Martin, but at the end of the day he is more of a white boy than anything else. Its cute though to watch him try so hard though.

ElNono
05-23-2012, 11:26 PM
/insert cubes "fuck" gif

UZER
05-23-2012, 11:35 PM
This is why I hated when the spurs would try to plan cap space for the big free agents two years down the road. So many things change in those years leading up to it and you can lose out like they spurs did. I felt like they wasted a few of duncans potential championship years with this philosophy.

pass1st
05-23-2012, 11:41 PM
So, unless Nets get Dwight then D-Will is heading to Lakers?

I guess it's an improvement, an expensive one that probably won't pay off unless another big move is made.

Axe Murderer
05-23-2012, 11:44 PM
i will not watch a single game or support this team in any way if they sign nash

This. I'll even pull a lakaluva and jump ship. No way will I support a team that blew up their championship core for an over the hill Steve fucking Nash

clambake
05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
chandler is not the only reason mavs won.

pass1st
05-23-2012, 11:48 PM

A big reason, though

LkrFan
05-24-2012, 12:02 AM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2012, 01:00 AM
why u wanan go after this clown who drove out his coach then got traded, sending the mormons back to a scrub team....amazing how in short season the jizz got rid of their starting 5 okur, boozer, ak47, deron

mavsfan1000
05-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Yeah I know. Stevenson's clutch 3's against Miami, Barea attacking the basket, and the whole team basically being a year younger.

Sean Cagney
05-24-2012, 02:11 AM

LOL probably, him and his average ass white girls he likes which are a joke to most of us for those on his team! I am sure he would! Dude just has bad taste though so maybe not......:lol

BRHornet45
05-24-2012, 02:35 AM
LOL probably, him and his average ass white girls he likes which are a joke to most of us for those on his team! I am sure he would! Dude just has bad taste though so maybe not......:lol

this coming from a man who gets his kicks by choking his chicken like there is no tomorrow to pictures of Greta Van Susteren

don't step to me Sean Cagney

TE
05-24-2012, 02:39 AM
this coming from a man who gets his kicks by choking his chicken like there is no tomorrow to pictures of Greta Van Susteren

don't step to me Sean Cagney

:lmao BR with the hammer

The Reckoning
05-24-2012, 04:25 AM
in all honesty...

who didnt see this coming? all the dallas fans i talk too were either hoping cuban didnt go full retard or are delusional as fuck.

100%duncan
05-24-2012, 05:16 AM
This is why I hated when the spurs would try to plan cap space for the big free agents two years down the road. So many things change in those years leading up to it and you can lose out like they spurs did. I felt like they wasted a few of duncans potential championship years with this philosophy.

This tbh. I feel like Mavs are being the 09,10 Spurs. Getting "shell of his former self" players like Jefferson for us, Carter and Odom for you. And wasting your best player's years like what they did with Timmy's and what your FO is doing with Dirk now.

Latarian Milton
05-24-2012, 05:22 AM
bynum for howard would be a one step forward two steps back for them lakers tbh, DH just another overhyped star and isn't guaranteed to function better in lakers' system then bynum does. dude's offensive skills are very limited and his D is pretty much overrated as well

Crytek
05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
A source close to the three-time All-Star said...

I don't know this guy... but until it's coming from multiple sources (http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/07/08/tbj-exclusive-multiple-sources-uncovered/), go with Williams (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7959842/brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks-deron-williams-says-know-yet)

"I just hate that people think they know where I'm going, because I don't know where I'm going," said Williams, who isn't allowed to talk with other teams since he hasn't opted out yet. "So there's no way for them to know, or assume that I'm going to Dallas or that I'm staying here. I don't know. There could be another team that comes into the picture."Either way, decent TJs by Deron and Dwight, although Lebron set the Bar pretty high.

Venti Quattro
05-24-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't get some Lakers fans' infatuation for Dwight given that he doesn't want to play here and he will not be a better choice due to his lack of an offensive game.

Pelicans78
05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Deron doesn't give the Mavs longevity either. He's fat, out of shape, plays no defense, shots less than 40% and is not a top 5 PG anymore.

Kai
05-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I still think Deron and Dwight end up together.

z0sa
05-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Hopefully Cuban thought this one through a little better than that.

mavs>spurs
05-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Deron doesn't give the Mavs longevity either. He's fat, out of shape, plays no defense, shots less than 40% and is not a top 5 PG anymore.

this, i'm not impressed with him at all

djohn2oo8
05-24-2012, 01:10 PM
They'll end up together for sure. Right now the Nets are in control, especially if they land a top 3 pick. However, as fucked up as Orlando is right now, they'll probably look around at more teams willing to "rent" Dwight to see if they'll get more value in return. If Dwight is traded to a rental team before the draft, I could also see Deron going to that team in a SnT.

coyotes_geek
05-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Agreed. In Brooklyn.

I look forward to the fight between Deron/Dwight and Melo/Amare to determine which New York area franchise with a severly flawed superstar core can tease their fans the most before inevitably coming up short year after year.

midnightpulp
05-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Great fuckin' post, son.

crc21209
05-24-2012, 04:16 PM
:lol Cuban sacrificing a season hoping for Williams is gonna blow up in his face now....

Stalin
05-24-2012, 10:30 PM

thats why you wanted him to be part of the Triple D Dynasty :lol

mavsfan1000
05-24-2012, 10:50 PM
:lol Cuban sacrificing a season hoping for Williams is gonna blow up in his face now....
Or maybe that was a cop out for his true intent. Greed.

mavs>spurs
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
thats why you wanted him to be part of the Triple D Dynasty :lol

ive said all along that he's only worth it IF he comes with dwight. deron by himself doesn't make any sense, but if you have dwight you try to put the best talent possibly around him. deron while not worth a max contract, is still all the market has to really offer right now. He definitely wouldn't be a bargain deal in terms of how good a player is compared to how much he makes, but talent wise he's still the best pg on the market. does that make sense or am i talking to a wall?

tesseractive
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't get some Lakers fans' infatuation for Dwight given that he doesn't want to play here and he will not be a better choice due to his lack of an offensive game.

Say the Lakers trade Pau for Deron and Bynum for Howard more or less straight up. Now, instead of 3 stars whose offensive games totally fought with each other last season, you have 3 stars whose games complement each other in a conventional pick and roll offense like Brown uses.

Williams and Howard are both pick and roll players, and Williams is definitely a guy who can run an offense. So Williams is creating off the screen, getting Howard easier baskets than Jameer Nelson is going to, and creating opportunities for other spots on the floor. Run plays designed to make it impossible to defend the pick and roll and still offer any kind of help on Kobe, and you've suddenly got Kobe taking much easier shots for most of the game off catch and shoots and cuts, but they're mixed in with a natural offensive flow that spreads the ball around.

Then when Kobe starts straight up demanding the ball late in the game, he has his pick of positions, because he has an elite point guard making the pass, and Dwight Howard setting brutal screens.

Meanwhile, Howard is a one-man wrecking crew on the boards, and he's utterly relieved that he only has to be the second banana, especially during crunch time. Both Williams and Howard are elite defenders pretty much full-time, so you're putting the hammer down on the other end of the court.

You still need a decent power forward with at least 15' range (for the mini-MLE) and better guys off the bench, but if you've got three legit stars who can play together, you're 80% of the way to a team that's not going to look nearly as disjointed as this year's model.

Stalin
05-24-2012, 11:18 PM
ive said all along that he's only worth it IF he comes with dwight. deron by himself doesn't make any sense, but if you have dwight you try to put the best talent possibly around him. deron while not worth a max contract, is still all the market has to really offer right now. He definitely wouldn't be a bargain deal in terms of how good a player is compared to how much he makes, but talent wise he's still the best pg on the market. does that make sense or am i talking to a wall?

:lol Triple D Dynasty

mavsfan1000
05-24-2012, 11:22 PM
:lol Bosh

Stalin
05-24-2012, 11:26 PM
:lol Bosh

:cry:cry

mavs>spurs
05-24-2012, 11:26 PM

that's telling me i guess u know when you got nothing else to say and your original comment were found to be baseless

fuckin spur fans these days

Stalin
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
your previous comment bored me, so i didn't bother replying to it, tbh

mavs>spurs
05-24-2012, 11:39 PM
you bore me bye

Stalin
05-24-2012, 11:42 PM
lol

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Just curious, why do you support Joseph Stalin/the Soviet army?

Kai
05-25-2012, 12:49 AM

>implying anybody on the NBA Forum was alive back then.

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-25-2012, 12:54 AM

Give it a couple months and you'll be sucking his dick..... just like a flip flopping azz ho

ElNono
05-25-2012, 01:02 AM
>implying anybody on the NBA Forum was alive back then.

sup scro, when is #2 seed Rockets playing? Sunday?

Kai
05-25-2012, 02:08 AM

Got a bye all the way to the finals. :lobt2:

Donkeybong
05-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Say the Lakers trade Pau for Deron and Bynum for Howard more or less straight up. Now, instead of 3 stars whose offensive games totally fought with each other last season, you have 3 stars whose games complement each other in a conventional pick and roll offense like Brown uses.

Williams and Howard are both pick and roll players, and Williams is definitely a guy who can run an offense. So Williams is creating off the screen, getting Howard easier baskets than Jameer Nelson is going to, and creating opportunities for other spots on the floor. Run plays designed to make it impossible to defend the pick and roll and still offer any kind of help on Kobe, and you've suddenly got Kobe taking much easier shots for most of the game off catch and shoots and cuts, but they're mixed in with a natural offensive flow that spreads the ball around.

Then when Kobe starts straight up demanding the ball late in the game, he has his pick of positions, because he has an elite point guard making the pass, and Dwight Howard setting brutal screens.

Meanwhile, Howard is a one-man wrecking crew on the boards, and he's utterly relieved that he only has to be the second banana, especially during crunch time. Both Williams and Howard are elite defenders pretty much full-time, so you're putting the hammer down on the other end of the court.

You still need a decent power forward with at least 15' range (for the mini-MLE) and better guys off the bench, but if you've got three legit stars who can play together, you're 80% of the way to a team that's not going to look nearly as disjointed as this year's model.

Damn, you got me kind of hard.

Stalin
05-25-2012, 12:28 PM

The better question is why dont you support Stalin and the Glorious Red Army? Stalin is the most successful dictator in history, he won the greatest war in history, and saved the world from the evil nazis. You should be thankfull for you freedoms today, otherwise venti and dd wouldn't be the only ones screaming Seig Heil! today. IMO TBH

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-25-2012, 01:10 PM
The better question is why dont you support Stalin and the Glorious Red Army? Stalin is the most successful dictator in history, he won the greatest war in history, and saved the world from the evil nazis. You should be thankfull for you freedoms today, otherwise venti and dd wouldn't be the only ones screaming Seig Heil! today. IMO TBH

Let's see, the Soviets outnumbered the Nazis while the Eastern Front was being fought. Winning with a numerical advantage, I'm hugely impressed....

Let's see, the United States has a GDP of $14 trillion today, nearly ten times that of Russia's... :lol

The United States has a defense budget of over $500 billion, while Russia's is, what, less than $100 billion? :lol

The Soviet Union got split into many separate nations at the end of the Cold War :lol

Even Poland, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia, and Slovakia have a higher per capita nominal GDP than Russia... :lol

And didn't the Soviets commit a lot of war crimes during World War II?

Unrelated question, but how'd you end up rooting for the Miami Heat anyway?

Goran Dragic
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
This Stalin shtick really gets under a lot of people's skin...

Stalin
05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
This Stalin shtick really gets under a lot of people's skin...

:lol indeed

mavsfan1000
05-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Time for a Hitler troll. Btw Mr. Stalin. Who do you prefer more? Prokofiev or Shostakovich?

Stalin
05-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Time for a Hitler troll. Btw Mr. Stalin. Who do you prefer more? Prokofiev or Shostakovich?

hitler troll would be amusing, and don't care for classical, tbh

mavsfan1000
05-25-2012, 08:12 PM
hitler troll would be amusing, and don't care for classical, tbh
Stalin met with both those composers. He said their music had too much dissonance and they had to be careful what to play. Tbh I didn't use to like Classical either. It kinda grows on you over time. At least it did for me. I still don't like Wagner and basically all Operas.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Mavs lol

GuerillaBlack
05-27-2012, 09:08 AM

Rockets winning the lotto this Wednesday tho...

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Rockets winning the lotto this Wednesday tho...
How? we're picking 14th and 16th.

GuerillaBlack
05-27-2012, 10:21 AM
How? we're picking 14th and 16th.

The lotto is this Wednesday.