PDA

View Full Version : Who knew Democrat voters were such racists?

Yonivore
05-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Kentucky, Arkansas primaries: Is it racism? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/whats-the-matter-with-kentucky/2012/05/23/gJQAMF5hkU_blog.html)

So far, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Arkansas, and Kentucky primaries have seen an unchallenged incumbent President lose around 40% of the vote to nominees ranging from an incarcerated felon to "uncommitted."

In all four states, they are closed primaries meaning only registered Democrats may vote in them.

But, to the Washington Post, this is a sign of racism?

Got it.

George Gervin's Afro
05-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Kentucky, Arkansas primaries: Is it racism? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/whats-the-matter-with-kentucky/2012/05/23/gJQAMF5hkU_blog.html)

So far, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Arkansas, and Kentucky primaries have seen an unchallenged incumbent President lose around 40% of the vote to nominees ranging from an incarcerated felon to "uncommitted."

In all four states, they are closed primaries meaning only registered Democrats may vote in them.

But, to the Washington Post, this is a sign of racism?

Got it.

did obama win these states in 08?

TeyshaBlue
05-24-2012, 09:56 AM
did obama win these states in 08?

Irrelevant to the OP, tbh.

Ignignokt
05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
he won north carolina and west virginia i thought. Both of which had closed primaries where obama almost lost to an incumbent.

George Gervin's Afro
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Irrelevant to the OP, tbh.

it's relevant because he lost both of those states by 18 to 20 points so to make a big deal of this is silly.. and irrelevant.

Arkansa by 20 points

WV by 23 points...

Get back to me when 40% of CA or NY vote against him then maybethere is a point to start a thread.

Yonivore
05-24-2012, 10:27 AM
it's relevant because he lost both of those states by 18 to 20 points so to make a big deal of this is silly.. and irrelevant.
An unchallenged incumbent President losing 40% of the primary vote is no big deal?

Why didn't those 40% of Democrats just stay home and not participate?

George Gervin's Afro
05-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Arkansa by 20 points

WV by 23 points...

Get back to me when 40% of CA or NY vote against him then maybethere is a point to start a thread.

because you moron he's not going to win those states..stop playing stupid

George Gervin's Afro
05-24-2012, 10:29 AM
An unchallenged incumbent President losing 40% of the primary vote is no big deal?

Why didn't those 40% of Democrats just stay home and not participate?

I don't know yoni... do you? Why should I care about a state that he is not going to win?

TeyshaBlue
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
I think it's noteworthy when a identified population, Democrats in this case, eschew an incumbent candidate by a significant percentage.

In the macro view, I agree. There is no impact since Obama likely wasn't going to carry those states anyway. But in the micro, it's interesting.

z0sa
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Definitely fascinating... a moot point? Maybe. Or maybe it indicates democrat support for Obama is even lower than expected. Too many of these types of circumstances added up could be a big deal come November, considering the "Anyone but Obama" drive the right has been making for some time now.

Yonivore
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
because you moron he's not going to win those states..stop playing stupid
So, why did 40% of the registered Democrats bother to come out just so they could vote against him?

So what if he's not going to win those states?

Yonivore
05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't know yoni... do you? Why should I care about a state that he is not going to win?
Well, if he's lost 40% in states he's not going to even win -- how much is he losing in states he carried in 2008?

ChumpDumper
05-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Eh, I'd prefer to see the total number of votes this time around compared to last time before drawing any conclusions. Not that its important enough to look up.

There might be a large difference since it's uncontested this time.

Yonivore
05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Well, if he's lost 40% in states he's not going to even win -- how much is he losing in states he carried in 2008?
Let "The Hill" answer:

Rocky path for Obama in Colorado (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/229265-rocky-path-for-obama-in-colorado)

President Obama on Wednesday swept through Colorado, where he faces serious headwinds in his effort to retain an evenly split battleground state that went Republican in 2000 and 2004 but heavily supported the president’s 2008 campaign.

The conventional wisdom since then has been that the ever-rising Hispanic population in Colorado has made it more likely that Obama can keep its nine electoral votes in his column. But political observers say Colorado is very much in play given the state’s slight rise in unemployment last month and Obama’s low approval ratings among voters focused on the economy.
It's the economy, Stupid!

TeyshaBlue
05-24-2012, 11:25 AM
There might be a large difference since it's uncontested this time.

That's a fair point. If there is no other candidate, why bother voting in a primary?

ChumpDumper
05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
That's a fair point. If there is no other candidate, why bother voting in a primary?Protesting the incumbent seems like a pretty good reason, if one is so inclined.

boutons_deux
05-24-2012, 11:41 AM
That's a fair point. If there is no other candidate, why bother voting in a primary?

People vote in primaries often emotionally. In the real election, they vote their pocketbooks.

mavs>spurs
05-24-2012, 12:44 PM
dems are closet racists who feel shameful of themselves and try to make up for it by pandering to minorities and destroying the republic

ChumpDumper
05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
:lol As graduation looms, m>s has gone full retard.

johnsmith
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
People vote in primaries often emotionally. In the real election, they vote their pocketbooks.

So you think everyone that voted for Obama in 08 was voting with their pocketbooks?

johnsmith
05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
And who the fuck says pocketbook?

Wild Cobra
05-24-2012, 03:21 PM
I think what's important to note is there was no appreciable about of money, campaign ads, etc. If these people had money to spend, they possibly could have won.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
I think what's important to note is there was no appreciable about of money, campaign ads, etc. If these people had money to spend, they possibly could have won.Won what?

A primary no one else bothered to show up to?

If they had money, it would have been contested and the Obama campaign would have contested it.

TeyshaBlue
05-24-2012, 04:17 PM
And who the fuck says pocketbook?

:lol