PDA

View Full Version : HD online streams?

edgar
05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know of any high definition game streams that occur online? If not HD, something that I can stream to a good size TV without the video looking too choppy. My brother in law doesn't have cable and we wanted to see it at his house by streaming it of the internet somewhere. I mean I'll pay if I have to. Thanks I'm advance.

Slomo
05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Yes, nba.com's league pass broadband or if you're not in the US, International League pass Broadband.

I watch all the games live on my 55" LCD and the picture quality is quite close to HD.

This are also the only legal online streams for NBA games, so please do not ask for others.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I believe the following is the case in the USA -- you are talking USA right?

If you don't have a cable/satellite subscription, there is no (legal) way to see the WCF or ECF games online. ESPN3.com (PC) or WatchESPN (mobile app) will let you stream the ESPN games but only if you also subscribe to an affiliated cable network. TNT is streamed over the Time Warner Cable network to iPads, but I don't know of any other way to stream TNT.

In general, watching an NBA game over an Internet stream is an iffy thing. If you have a responsible provider (i.e. not a random pirate site), a good Internet connection, you MAY get near-acceptable quality.

Cable or satellite HD is way, way better.

If I were you I'd go to a sports bar with your brother-in-law to see the games.

The NBA Finals will be on ABC and thus you can pick it up with an antenna, if you're in range of your local station.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-24-2012, 11:46 AM
LP Broadband has the playoff games? I didn't think they did.

Dex
05-24-2012, 11:48 AM

I'd be pissed if I shelled out the dough for LP, and didn't get to watch the games that really matter.

As for whether that is the case or not, I cannot confirm or disconfirm.

z0sa
05-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Just hit up a bar dude ...

Slomo
05-24-2012, 11:53 AM

ILP has all the playoff games live and available for replay later.

Not sure about LP though.

_jin
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
ILP has all the playoff games this season, unlike previous years when there were blackouts (I remember being pissed because I paid the playoffs package and could not watch a conference finals or finals game because they were all broadcast over here)

slayermin
05-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Some of the playoff games are on ESPN3.

AlleyOopNazi
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
the next series is all TNT. there should be a bunch of TNT Overtime online video however they haven't listed any games on their site for TNTOT yet. The quality is better than ESPN3 IMO. The catch is you can't view the normal broadcast cameras, but they give you the option of either watching the mosaic of 4 camera views, cameras focused on a certain player for each team, the "action cam" which is generally baseline and sideline crew, or the Shot Clock/Backboard cam. The Backboard cam is interesting.

edgar
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Well i was really looking forward to the Spurs vs Thunder series. Do you know if TNT overtime shows the actual game feed? Im leaning more towards overtime being just cameras on certain players and coaches.

:depressed

ChumpDumper
05-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Well i was really looking forward to the Spurs vs Thunder series. Do you know if TNT overtime shows the actual game feed? Im leaning more towards overtime being just cameras on certain players and coaches.

:depressedOT shows pretty much all the camera views except the main midcourt view but has all the play-by-play and commentary. No replays either, even when they are in the studio at halftime. It does have more of a raw, at-the-game feel.

Plumblbw
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
ILP has all the playoff games live and available for replay later.

Not sure about LP though.

Yep, agreed.

I assume it was ILP I bought, but basically I just went onto NBA.TV and bought the playoffs package for around 45 notes. So far, I've been able to watch any game I wanted to either live or on replay (although more on replay through the week!).

LakerHater
05-24-2012, 05:24 PM
http://www.tntdrama.com/sports/nba/playoffs12/

therealtruth
05-24-2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.tntdrama.com/sports/nba/playoffs12/

They give you weird camera views and don't show replays but it's better than nothing.