PDA

View Full Version : SA v OKC - series predictions

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-24-2012, 10:51 PM
So, this thread is about making predictions for the series - not just who you think will win, but things you think will occur, who will win certain matchups, etc.

I'll start by predicting that Manu, who has been mostly below par for him since returning from injury, will break out and remind us how brilliant he is in this series. I think his overwhelming competitive instincts will overwhelm the malaise and break him out of his slump, and that he and Harden will play each other to roughly a draw.

TMTTRIO
05-24-2012, 11:01 PM
I expect the Spurs to come out of this but again I don't expect a whole lot out of Manu. As long as Manu doesn't turn the ball over a thousand times and can do some of the little things it'll be good.

Brutalis
05-24-2012, 11:05 PM
I see Jax having some big games and San Antonio taking it in 6. The biggest thing in my mind other than staying healthy is taking care of the first two games at home. Going up 2-0 heading to OKC would be huge.

Em-City
05-24-2012, 11:09 PM
At one point, Gary Neal will get benched after shooting a 3-pointer on a fast break.

Stephen Jackson could inadvertently elbow Harden in the head while wrestling for a rebound.

The camera will pan to Kendrick Perkins shedding a single lonely tear sitting on the OKC bench.

Tim Duncan will receive a tech in game 3 for flashing the "wide-eyes" to a ref.

westbrook will have an over-the-top celebration on a fast break dunk while the thunder are down 16 points in the 4th.

Brutalis
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
At one point, Gary Neal will get benched after shooting a 3-pointer on a fast break.

Stephen Jackson could inadvertently elbow Harden in the head while wrestling for a rebound.

The camera will pan to Kendrick Perkins shedding a single lonely tear sitting on the OKC bench.

westbrook will have an over-the-top celebration on a fast break dunk while the thunder are down 16 points in the 4th.

If Neal was wide open, or didn't give it to an open guy under the basket then Pop doesn't care. He wants them to shoot if they are open, period. He's been quoted saying something along the lines of "if you pass up open shots you're benched" roughly.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-24-2012, 11:15 PM
BTW, I see Spurs winning in 6 one of two ways:

SA SA OKC OKC SA SA
or
OKC SA SA OKC SA SA

The first game worries me the most because of the way we always come out rusty after more than 3 days of rest.

Another prediction: both teams will come out rusty in the 1st half of game 1, both will make 10-12pt runs, but the half-time score will be within 4pts.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Nice! That's the spirit!

More from me:

Westbrook will gift the Spurs one close game by making at least two terrible decisions in the final 4 mins of the game.

Ibaka will have a 7 or 8 block game, but we will win it.

Dipshit OKC crowd members will heckle the Spurs with "boring", and at least one will call Neal a "rapist". However, mostly the OKC crowd will just be loud and otherwise well-behaved (I respect the OKC crowd - they're the most enthusiastic in the NBA right now).

05-24-2012, 11:21 PM
series will be tied 2-2 when the spurs come back to san antonio. then they realize they need to get their game in order and will win the final two games.

bigfan
05-24-2012, 11:36 PM
OKC is damn good but I say Spurs in 6. If we win the first two then Spurs in 5.

Em-City
05-24-2012, 11:36 PM
If Neal was wide open, or didn't give it to an open guy under the basket then Pop doesn't care. He wants them to shoot if they are open, period. He's been quoted saying something along the lines of "if you pass up open shots you're benched" roughly.

i'm aware of this, however, each time he does it on a fast break you can see pop jumping up & down all pissed off, because he didn't make the pass while bringing it up in the first place...

.. then the shot goes in & he shuts the fk up :D

Em-City
05-24-2012, 11:41 PM
and at least one will call Neal a "rapist".

i don't really think neal's past is common knowledge around the league, since it happened before he was in any form of spotlight.

silverblackfan
05-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Spurs in five. Lose the third game to OKC, mainly due to great fans and a bit of home cooking.

Perkins will attempt to lay some heavy wood on Tony, but end up pissing him off.

Manu will turn into Video Game Manu at some point and remind us of how valuable he is to the team.

Durant will get a ton of calls, but will have you appreciating how damn good he really is.

Very fun series for all.

Unless the Spurs have an injury. </anti-jinx>

slick'81
05-24-2012, 11:50 PM
spurs in 7

KD4MVP
05-24-2012, 11:53 PM
It will basically depend on the first 2 games.

If SA wins both, Spurs in 5.

If not, OKC in 6 or SA in 7.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Spurs in 5. The story of the first two games will be how Durant is being stymied by the Spurs' tough defense - like LeBron in the first two games of the 2007 NBA Finals - but Durant will score 35 and 33 points in Games 3 and 4. Spurs will eventually pull away though.

Game 1 - Spurs win
Game 2 - Spurs win
Game 3 - Thunder win
Game 4 - Spurs win
Game 5 - Spurs win

OZWIN
05-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Spurs in six...if it goes seven then OKC will win most likely.

baseline bum
05-25-2012, 12:10 AM
I think OKC gets the split in games 1-2, the board freaks out, then the Spurs get the split in games 3-4, with homecourt ruling the rest of the series and the Spurs winning it in 7.

ducks
05-25-2012, 12:13 AM
I predict pop outcoaches the thunders whole team
I predict the bench will decide the series and not the great 3 on each team
I PREDICT spurs in 5 if they win the first 2 games otherwise 6

Manu-20
05-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Spurs are a matchup nightmare for the thunder spurs in 4 or 5.

phyzik
05-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I'll take the Barkley route and say Bonner has a big series....

just for the fuck of it.

ElNono
05-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Spurs in 6...

- Spurs will blow a big lead in one of these games
- Spurs will shoot poorly from downtown in one of these games
- Scott Brook will eventually move Sefolosha to the bench

Russo21
05-25-2012, 01:39 AM
I'll take the Barkley route and say Bonner has a big series....

just for the fuck of it.

I actually do agree with Chuck and think Bonner will be very important this series. Let's hope he has his game face on. Bonner will draw Ibaka out of the paint allowing Timmy to rule Perkins one on one.

The rest of the NBA will finally realise this spurs team aint boring.

Spurs in 4

easjer
05-25-2012, 01:45 AM
While all logic impels me to think there is no way this is less than a 6 or 7 game series, for some reason, my gut has been saying 5 games for days now. I think they will mostly be close, hard-fought, nail-biting games that come down to clutch execution in the final 2-4 minutes, but I think 5 games.

The traditional game for the Spurs to drop would be game 3 (which, in 5 games would be SA-SA-OKC-SA-SA) because it would be must-win for OKC and the first home game for them, etc.

But I will buck that and say the Spurs drop game 2, giving OKC a boost of confidence that makes them more cocky than they should be going home. In turn, the Spurs will be even more laser-focused and refuse to drop game 3. It will be close, but the Spurs will put it away. Game 4 will be the most tense of the series, with OKC trying hard to tie it up and the Spurs trying hard to grab the advantage - comparable to game 5 of the 2005 Finals. When the Spurs manage to pull it out, OKC will begin to crumble and with the Finals in sight, the Spurs will not drop the last game (and their victory will be aided by a rattled OKC team in which too many players try too hard to be responsible for their comeback, ensuring discord and heroics that end badly for them).

Or, you know, not. :lol But that is how I can see it going down, as another option to the traditional 6 game series scenarios that are being proposed.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-25-2012, 01:46 AM
I think we'll see at least one classic "all-court Manu" game: something like 13pts, 7rbs, 8asts, 4stls, 2 charges taken and clutch FTs; and another where he splashes 5 3s and scores high-20s.

mudyez
05-25-2012, 02:21 AM
At one point SA will trail by one in games (probably down 0:1 on sunday)...but will come out on top after all!

Kendrick Perkins will basically be pulled from the rotation after two games, because we will make him run all over the court, while not accounting for him on the other end at all.

Either Jackson or Manu will make a gamewinner.

The series MVP wont be an OKC-player nor Parker nor Timmy (think Green, Leonard, Manu or even Splitter)

After the series Leonard will be officially introduced to the "Big4" by a random ESPN analyst.

Bill Simmons will be seen in a KG jersey attending one of the games.

The biggest SA-victory party after the series is over will be in Seattle.

racm
05-25-2012, 02:22 AM
If Spurs wins first two games they will win the series.

Spursmania
05-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Spurs win in 5.

tesseractive
05-25-2012, 04:19 AM
I think OKC is a terrific team, but I think the Spurs are playing on a completely different level right now. Spurs in no more than 5, with 2 double-digit wins and at least a couple of minutes from Patty Mills and the third unit.

Basketball Power
05-25-2012, 08:33 AM
We have owned this team the 2 years, last time we played them we had no Manu, SJAX, Diaw, and we blew them out of their own gym

Spurs in 4

rascal
05-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Spurs in 7. The Spurs would have lost to the Lakers but OK City is the better matchup.

The Spurs have yet to be tested and will drop game 1 when they get an awakening in how much better the Thunder are than what the Spurs have seen so far in the playoffs.

The Spurs experience from their core players and vital home court advantage in game 7 push the Spurs to the Finals. OK City is still a year away from making it past the WCF.

GrandeDavid
05-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Manu has a couple of good scoring games, the Spurs win the series in seven games.

Keepin' it real
05-25-2012, 08:50 AM
I predict being under the influence by the time game 1 tips off. It's gonna get rowdy baby!!!

cheguevara
05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Like Hollinger, El Che has to follow his calculations to the teeth. :cry

OKC in 6.

Although I must say it's a close one. Hopefully the trigonometric equations were wrong by a thousandth of a decimal and the correct choice then would be Spurs in 6.

Brazil
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
If Spurs wins first two games they will win the series.

no shit ?

Dr Cox
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I could see Spurs in 5 but I think Thunder will win one close game and one game the Spurs will be off and the Thunder will be on (Game 1 vs. Lakers)

There is no way this team loses 4 games in two weeks...I really cannot see it.

Spurs in 6.

100%duncan
05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Like Hollinger, El Che has to follow his calculations to the teeth. :cry

OKC in 6.

Although I must say it's a close one. Hopefully the trigonometric equations were wrong by a thousandth of a decimal and the correct choice then would be Spurs in 6.

:cry like we care :cry

eric365
05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Daequan Cook will start the second half of Game 1 instead of Sefolosha

Durant will score a lot more than Westbrook

Parker will have big assist numbers but not big scoring numbers

Blair will play in this series, and not only in garbage time

Bonner wil miss a ton of wiiiiiiiiiiide open 3pts shot

urunobili
05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Spurs in 7

100%duncan
05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Daequan Cook will start the second half of Game 1 instead of Sefolosha

Durant will score a lot more than Westbrook

Parker will have big assist numbers but not big scoring numbers

Blair will play in this series, and not only in garbage time

Bonner wil miss a ton of wiiiiiiiiiiide open 3pts shot

Is this even a prediction right now?

hater
05-25-2012, 09:19 AM
San Antonio Thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Antonio in 7

eric365
05-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Is this even a prediction right now?

Bonner is making 43,8% of his 3pts attempts this playoff

That's a very good number

Facts
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
So, this thread is about making predictions for the series , but things you think will occur,

Tim Duncan will find the salty tears of Kobe Byrant to be a delicious, revitaliting half-time drink.

100%duncan
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Bonner is making 43,8% of his 3pts attempts this playoff

That's a very good number

I hope he fucking keeps that up. Will be big against Iblocka

Facts
05-25-2012, 09:45 AM
So, this thread is about making predictions for the series - not just who you think will win, but things you think will occur, who will win certain matchups, etc.

I'll start by predicting that Manu, who has been mostly below par for him since returning from injury, will break out and remind us how brilliant he is in this series. I think his overwhelming competitive instincts will overwhelm the malaise and break him out of his slump, and that he and Harden will play each other to roughly a draw.

Overall odds of the Spurs winning the series is 2:1
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/05/24/spurs-emerging-as-popular-betting-choice-for-nba-title/

Spurs are favored very slightly ahead of the Heat to win their fifth trophy.

If the Spurs win, I predict a lot of people in San Antonio will have more money.

100%duncan
05-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Overall odds of the Spurs winning the series is 2:1
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/05/24/spurs-emerging-as-popular-betting-choice-for-nba-title/

Spurs are favored very slightly ahead of the Heat to win their fifth trophy.

If the Spurs win, I predict a lot of people in San Antonio will have more money.

Son, you don't predict. You can't.

Venti Quattro
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
San Antonio in 6 games.

Facts
05-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Son, you don't predict. You can't.

There are a lot of actuaries who would disagree with that. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuary)

Obstructed_View
05-25-2012, 11:07 AM
On a mission. Spurs break 100 all four games.

ViceCity86
05-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Spurs in 6

mando6599
05-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Spurs sweep in 5, with the refs and David Stern stealing game 4 from the Spurs for more commercial revenue! Ha!

mando

2centsworth
05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
If the spurs play up to their potential, okc doesn't have the d to stop them. Plus, if the spurs control the boards it's game over spurs in a sweep..

I predict utter domination and this spurs team going down as one of the greatest ever

The Great Fantastic
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
This will be Kawhi Leonard's true break-out series. Durant will score, but less effectively. Lastly, those tough game-winning shots that Durant has been hitting, the one or two chance(s) he will get in this series, they won't fall vs. Kawhi.

CubanMustGo
05-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Spurs are something like 39-4 with TP starting. They're not going to drop 4 of 7 to even a very good OKC team.

SA in 6 with Manu being Manu for a couple of games.

stxspurs
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Kawhi will crack a smile
Blair will get on the floor
Tony goes apeshit
Durant can't miss
Perkins delivers hard foul
Pop gets tossed
Spurs in 6

Nathan89
05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I predict Kawhi will hold Durant under 20 points in atleast 1 game.

tlongII
05-25-2012, 04:18 PM
4-1 Thunder.

tesseractive
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Kawhi will crack a smile

No way. Still another series to go.

therealtruth
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Before the playoffs we really didn't know how DG or KL would respond. Yet, they've shown the ability to be able to rise up to the occasion. I am curious to see what else they show.

blkroadrunners
05-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Still not certain about this series, but if I had to choose, I'd say Spurs in 6:

- Gary Neal will average close to 11 ppg this series
- Leonard will average 36 mpg this series
- Someone on either team will get injuried
- Matt Bonner will have two good offensive games

Nathan89
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Neal will have a 20+ point performance.

Mr Fundamental
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Spurs in 6

Kawhi will shine.

Legacy
05-25-2012, 05:45 PM
No way. Still another series to go.

:lol

SnakeBoy
05-25-2012, 06:02 PM

SA SA OKC OKC SA SA
or
OKC SA SA OKC SA SA

The first game worries me the most because of the way we always come out rusty after more than 3 days of rest.

After carefull consideration, I see Spurs winning in one of two ways:

OKC (blowout) SA SA SA SA

or

Spurs SWEEP

That's not to disrespect OKC, but the more I've thought about it the less I think this series will be as close as everyone predicts.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Thunder will win game 1. Spurs fans will panic. But the Spurs will right the ship and take a 2-1 lead in the series.

Aztecfan03
05-25-2012, 06:10 PM
It will basically depend on the first 2 games.

If SA wins both, Spurs in 5.

If not, OKC in 6 or SA in 7.

so one game will create a 2 or 4 game swing?

Horry Hipcheck
05-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Spurs could either hit the ground running and run OKC out of the building, taking G1 comfortably, G2 in a tight one, lose G3 by around 10, win G4 narrowly, and win G5 by around 10.

OR

We get a real series, tight games throughout, split Games 1 and 2, OKC takes 3, Spurs take 4, 5, and 6 or OKC takes 6 and Spurs close it out at home in 7.

Barring injury, I don't see the Spurs losing 4 out of 7 even though the Thunder are quite talented.

KD4MVP
05-25-2012, 06:58 PM
so one game will create a 2 or 4 game swing?

Yes, i don't see them beating SA 4/5 times if they go down 2-0.

So they have to take one of the first 2 games if they are to win the series.

ezau
05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Spurs in 6. We'll take the first two games before the Thunder ties the series in Games 3 and 4. We'll wrap everything up in 5 and 6.

Rummpd
05-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Spurs in 5 +/- game - would not be surprised by a sweep or a 6 game series. Sooner or later Spurs going to have a bad half they cannot recover from and these are not your Clippers or Jazz, but Spurs are the far better team and moving on to the finals.

therealtruth
05-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Spurs in 5 +/- game - would not be surprised by a sweep or a 6 game series. Sooner or later Spurs going to have a bad half they cannot recover from and these are not your Clippers or Jazz, but Spurs are the far better team and moving on to the finals.

The Clippers took 3 out of 4 against the Thunder during the season yet really couldn't even scratch the Spurs. I think everything points to this being the Spurs series to lose.

KaiRMD1
05-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Tiago Splitter will get dunked on, blocked and come up big in separate games.

Tim Duncan will react to a foul call

Popovich will punch the scorer's table.

Tony Parker will shrug.

Kawhi Leonard will smile

SpursDynasty
05-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Spurs 4-0. Enough said. Won't be a hard series at all.

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2012, 09:12 AM
4-2 spurs. one of the okc win will be with kevin durant's last minute shot.

pgardn
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Old Manu, we pull it out.

Present Manu, no idea.

Hope Im wrong on the present Manu as an actual important factor in the series. Cause I dont see a change coming.

If Manu can crack the middle open with drives, and hit his 3's, we are in very good shape. This will give us another option to open the can up on them in case Tony is harassed, possibly doubled to relieve him of the ball. The appropriately used double could put pressure on Tony to make the right decision late in a possession. Or Green, Leonard, Diaw to become mistake free playmakers.

Hope Im horribly wrong on everything but the first sentence.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Spurs in 3.

jk

The ADMIRAL 50
05-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I think this series is gonna be a huge challenge; OKC is the best opponent left in the playoffs by a wide margin, they are rolling right now, and the Spurs are gonna have to be firing on all cylinders to make this happen.

That said? I still see this is SA in 5. My brain is telling me this when I wouldve expected my brain to say 6 or maybe even 7, but as objective as I can be I see it as a 5 game series. Spurs will protect homecourt, win a game in OKC, and close it out at home. Its just really hard for me to envision us losing at this point, we have been on a level I have never before witnessed.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
This is going to be a battle.. OKC scares me in about 100 ways... Either team can win on the others floor and likely will have to. Spurs in 6 or 7 all i can say is thank god if there is a game 7 it will be in SA..

Russ
05-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Both teams are well-rested.

Both teams are healthy.

Under those circumstances, the better team will win.

That's my prediction (for better or worse).

TJastal
05-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Game 1 - SA
Game 2 - OKC
Game 3 - OKC
Game 4 - SA
Game 5 - OKC
Game 6 - SA
Game 7 - SA

mVp
05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
On a mission. Spurs break 100 all four games.

This!

Russ
05-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Game 1 - SA
Game 2 - OKC
Game 3 - OKC
Game 4 - SA
Game 5 - OKC
Game 6 - SA
Game 7 - SA

Wow. :wow

If you wanna parlay that sequence, you could pay off the national debt with a one dollar bet.

TJastal
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Wow. :wow

If you wanna parlay that sequence, you could pay off the national debt with a one dollar bet.

LMAO!

It's going to be a 7 game series, that I can almost assure you. OKC is a good team and they will get alot of calls their way.

Here's what my crystal ball says: Spurs will come out guns blazing and take game 1, but have a let down in game 2 which will cede momentum for game 3 at OKC in which the thunder will be revved up from their home crowd.

Realizing they cannot lose the next game and go down 1-3 the spurs will come out very aggressive and take the crowd out early in game 4 and tie the series up at 2-2. Exhausted from that effort the spurs head back to SA and have another let down. Now, down 2-3 and facing elimination the big 3 bring it all to the table and grit out a tough win in game 6. Game 7 back to SA where the spurs finally close it out with the help of the home fans and their combined playoff expierience.

LakerLanny
05-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Spurs in 5 games, OKC gets one at home.

slayermin
05-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Spurs in five!

DeadlyDynasty
05-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Spurs in 7.

timvp
05-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Spurs in 5.

Gary Neal hits some big shots.

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/praying-dog10.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
05-27-2012, 01:22 AM
Spurs in 5.

Bet?

timvp
05-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Bet?

My inner GNSF won't allow me to potentially jinx the Spurs. I apologize.

DeadlyDynasty
05-27-2012, 01:33 AM
No worries.

Naelven
05-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Spurs in 5

Thunderlane
05-27-2012, 05:24 AM
I think the Spurs will be swept.

Everyone expects a epic and competitive series but the Spurs will be shocked just like they were in the 2001 WCF.

Oklahoma City in 4.

Спурс_Фан
05-27-2012, 05:54 AM
https://twitter.com/jadande
If Spurs can't lose when down 24 on the road, when will they lose?

Maybe in november! SPURS IN 4

rascal
05-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Spurs in 7

Game 1: OK City
Game 2: SA
Game 3: SA
Game 4: OK City
Game 5: SA
Game 6: OK City
Game 7: SA

Wrong already!!!!

Obstructed_View
05-27-2012, 09:28 AM
I think the Spurs will be swept.

Everyone expects a epic and competitive series but the Spurs will be shocked just like they were in the 2001 WCF.

Oklahoma City in 4.

The Spurs' second leading scorer was injured the previous series in 2001. Good luck with that.

Jimcs50
05-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Spurs win games 1,2,3 and 5.

I was thinking sweep, but I think Holt will insist on getting one more home game to make some cash.

TP will be leading scorer for Spurs, Manu will shoot over 40% from downtown to get rid of his slump. TD will average a double double, and Leonard will hit game winning points in one game.

rascal
05-27-2012, 10:17 AM

I was thinking sweep, but I think Holt will insist on getting one more home game to make some cash.

TP will be leading scorer for Spurs, Manu will shoot over 40% from downtown to get rid of his slump. TD will average a double double, and Leonard will hit game winning points in one game.

TD hits the game winner in game 3. That is a series swing changer as the Spurs steal a game in OK City at the buzzer.

Jimcs50
05-27-2012, 06:43 PM
TD hits the game winner in game 3. That is a series swing changer as the Spurs steal a game in OK City at the buzzer.

I accept that prediction.:)

LakerLanny
05-27-2012, 07:11 PM

What's up Jim?

Long time no talk!

Admidave50
05-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Spurs in 6!

Game 1 - Spurs
Game 2 - Thunder
Game 3 - Spurs
Game 4 - Spurs
Game 5 - Thunder
Game 6 - Spurs

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2012, 07:24 PM
My inner GNSF won't allow me to potentially jinx the Spurs. I apologize.

You should put a bet on OKC as emotional insurance, and for the reverse-jinx factor. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Some more series predictions:

At some point in the series Splitter and Collison will get double techs after a shoving match.

Tim will average 17/11/2, shoot around 50% and give the Thunder frontcourt fits with his fundamentals.

Jax will get hot in one game, probably game 2, 3 or 4, and drop 22 or so, and he'll be the major reason we win that game.

TP and Westbrook will both have excellent series (except the game Westbrook will gift us at the end) and basically play each other to a draw.

thispego
05-27-2012, 07:31 PM
lol ok

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2012, 10:36 PM

Game 1 to Manu! ;)

SA SA OKC OKC SA SA
or
OKC SA SA OKC SA SA

Another prediction: both teams will come out rusty in the 1st half of game 1, both will make 10-12pt runs, but the half-time score will be within 4pts.

Rusty until the 3rd Q, but close enough.

I think we'll see at least one classic "all-court Manu" game: something like 13pts, 7rbs, 8asts, 4stls, 2 charges taken and clutch FTs; and another where he splashes 5 3s and scores high-20s.

Well, he only splashed 3 3s, but also close enough.

;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Now, game 2 predicitons...

I think we'll be a lot better in the game 2, take a double digit lead in 2nd Q. OKC will run at us in the 3rd, then we'll stabilise it with the bench and win by low double digits.

Danny Green will hit a couple of 3s, so will Matt Bonner.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Bump.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Need to win the next one to go confidently into OKC, so what are your predictions?

Mine:

We can be sure Brooks won't sit Ibaka in the 4th again. In fact, I wonder why he plays Perkins (a good post defender) rather than Ibaka (a great help defender) when the lineup goes small ball. I predict we'll see a lot of Ibaka from here on out.

Also, with more Ibaka on the court, we'll see more Duncan on the block taking it at him (especially in smallball lineups with no Perkins) and using fakes to get him in the air and go to the line.

Danny Green will find his mojo in game 2 - he won't contribute overly much (maybe a couple of 3s and a few boards), but he won't be a massive black hole either. Oh, and he'll pull off a sweet block on Westbrook at some stage.

Manu and Harden will play a draw in game 2 - both will have good games but neither will stand out.

Jax will be in foul trouble all game, but Kawhi will do an excellent job in his place.

Neal will continue to hit timely shots - his 7pts in the 4th were crucial to the game 1 win.

The Manu/Jax-Splitter PNR will continue to kill their second team and be an easy feast of points for the Spurs' bench.

Durant 35
05-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Got to admit if you guys do win tonight then I think it is as good as over...for the simple fact we would need to win 4 out of 5. It wouldn't surprise me if we won both home games but winning two more times after that would be a tall order.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Bump.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:23 AM
I was right that:

Brooks would play a lot more Ibaka in smallball.

Green would find his mojo (but only for the first half).

Manu and Harden would both have good games (only Manu's was in the clutch when it mattered).

Wrong about the rest.

But we won, and it was a superb game, so who cares??? :lol

Predictions for game 3?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:24 AM
BTW, this was from the OP of this thread:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 01:01 AM
See Manu's primal scream at the end of this youtube? That's what Pop was referring to when he described Manu as one of the most fearsome competitors in the world, up there with MJ in his level of competitiveness.

kwRyIqlwKCc

Manu lives for pressure.

therealtruth
05-30-2012, 02:44 AM
See Manu's primal scream at the end of this youtube? That's what Pop was referring to when he described Manu as one of the most fearsome competitors in the world, up there with MJ in his level of competitiveness.

kwRyIqlwKCc

Manu lives for pressure.

I'm just glad that wasn't Bonner taking that 3. And people claim there is no such thing as clutch shooting or being able to make pressure shots.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm just glad that wasn't Bonner taking that 3. And people claim there is no such thing as clutch shooting or being able to make pressure shots.

I've read the study that's all based on and it's poor stats. Doesn't properly examine the phenomenon of clutch or streak shooting, just states there's no association between a player making one shot and the next.

Anyone who has watched sports or gambled for a while understands hot streaks.

Thunderlane
05-30-2012, 03:38 AM
I was wrong. I apologize.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 06:45 AM
I was wrong. I apologize.

Fair enough, accepted. :tu

But see, you don't really need to apologise for anything. We fanatical Spurs fans on ST have been watching this juggernaut build momentum for about 3 months now, and some of us have seen it happen 4 times before, so we know no-one else bothers to watch our team, and we're used to the underestimation. Every year the Spurs have won the ring they've been 15-1 at some stage. No-one ever sees us coming until it's too late. And here we are. :smokin

PS You might win game 3, but I think we'll sneak game 4.

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm confident we will win game 3... We need to.

Don't think we can win series but making it a series and winning at least 1 game is important.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm confident we will win game 3... We need to.

Don't think we can win series but making it a series and winning at least 1 game is important.

I think you will too. We used a lot of physical energy to win these two games, have to fly up there and be ready in a short turn around time. Coupled with that the emotional energy expended to win two games this intense, your fantastic crowd, and friendlier home whistles (although they don't get much friendlier than they were to your guys in the 4th today... sheesh!), and I think you'll win game 3.

Beware game 4 though - I think that's when the Spurs will come a huntin! ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-01-2012, 03:22 AM
So, no surprises there. OKC won game 3 just as I figured they would - we were tired, a step slow, made poor decsions all night and never really looked in the game after the 1st Q. Not surprised at all.

Game 4 will be a knock-down, drawn-out brawl. This is the one the Spurs probably targeted to win after taking two at home, and unless the Thunder blow them out in the first half (a possibility if TP can't adjust to Sef's length), I think it will go down to the wire.

My predictions:

(longshot) Manu might start to shock things up, and Pop may shorten the rotation and play both Tony and Manu long second half minutes if it's close going into the 4th.

Neal, missing since 4th Q of game 1 (when his 7 points were crucial), will come up big in this game with some timely 3s and end in mid-double figures in points.

Splitter will rebound with one of the 12/6/3 nights we love him for where he and the second team guards pick the D to pieces.

Timmy will struggle offensively all night but at some stage score 6 or 8 straight. He'll have the kind of all-round game that won us the ring in Game 6 of 2003 (though not at that level) - one of those 14/13/5/4 kinda games.

Diaw is also due a big game.

Durant will go for 40 and almost will his team to victory.

Some numpty like Cook or Fisher will get hot at just the wrong time for the Spurs but it won't be enough.

Spurs by 2 in a nail-biter... or we'll get run out of the building. :lol :oops