PDA

View Full Version : Interesting scoring-related factoids on Tiago Splitter

Steve-O-Matic
05-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Among qualifiying players (ex: Manu didn't play enough to qualify) this season...

On a per-minute basis, Tiago Splitter was fourth in the NBA among centers in scoring this season, trailing only Al Jefferson, Tim Duncan and Andrew Bynum.

He was third on the Spurs in scoring rate (Parker, Duncan).

He was 40th in the league in scoring rate, among all players.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-24-2012, 11:29 PM
None of that surprises me at all given the connection he has formed with the Spurs' guards on the PNR - he is a superb roller and mover without the ball, and that means easy scores. Also, after being a poor finisher in his rookie season, Splitter has really learned how to finish in his second season with a variety of fakes and reverses that rarely get blocked any more.

KaiRMD1
05-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Imagine how he'll be next year with the playoff experience. How old is he anyway? I ask because I'm too lazy to google it

therealtruth
05-25-2012, 12:18 AM
He's definitely one of the Spurs most effective players on offense. I'm not sure why he isn't used more.

freetiago
05-25-2012, 01:06 AM
needs to be paired with tony more
when manu went down and tim was resting tiago/tony had some of their best games together
i think it was a game vs the hornets where parker had like 14 assists or something before the half was over
mostly because of the tony/tiago pnr
was watching highlights of TPs 42 point game and tiago was setting a lot of good screens for him