PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect to see THE Manu Ginobili against the Thunder?

angelbelow
05-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I hope so, because we're going to need him to play consistently.

He wasn't very good against Utah, he was better but inconsistent against LA, lets hope hes dominant against the Oklahoma.

So far, causes for concern:

-Ginobili is shooting a lowly 40% from the field.
-47% of his field goal attempts have been from beyond the arc but his accuracy is only 25.7%
-He's average just 11.2 points.
-Despite his 10 assist 1 turnover in game 3 against the Jazz, hes averaging 4.5 assists to 2.4 turnovers. I think that reflects the sloppiness hes currently being plagued with.

Reasons to believe: "He's Manu Ginobili" - :pop:

ducks
05-25-2012, 12:09 AM
this team is deep
spurs do not need the great manu or close to the finals mvp manu
they do need the good manu and not the turnover manu though

the problem with this team is it is to deep for one player to really go for 40 and 10 assist

like other teams have to do to win in postseason

ducks
05-25-2012, 12:10 AM
those turnovers he has is because he tries for all the great plays instead of just making the good play

Pedobear1
05-25-2012, 12:10 AM
ducks

slick'81
05-25-2012, 12:14 AM
cj9gVPka4eY

ducks
05-25-2012, 12:15 AM
one reason spurs got sj is because of manu play this year or lack of playing

lrrr
05-25-2012, 12:49 AM
Manu plays as well as he needs to for the Spurs to win. The last month or so, the Spurs have been winning handily, he hasn't felt the need to step up his game. Kinda like 2007 against the Cavs.

If and when the chips are down, that's when I expect Manu to bring it.

I always felt that Manu needs his competitive juices to be flowing to get the most out of himself, and recently, well, there hasn't been a lot of competition for the Spurs.

CitizenDwayne
05-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Manu plays as well as he needs to for the Spurs to win. The last month or so, the Spurs have been winning handily, he hasn't felt the need to step up his game. Kinda like 2007 against the Cavs.

I always felt that Manu needs his competitive juices to be flowing to get the most out of himself, and recently, well, there hasn't been a lot of competition for the Spurs.
I hope you're right.

It would also be nice to see Jack get going again. Since the first game against Utah, he hasn't really done much.

PublicOption
05-25-2012, 12:58 AM

I hope we play Lebron and Wade. Then Manu and Tony will show the World who the best team really is.

PublicOption
05-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Hm9Y-vqZsEo

PublicOption
05-25-2012, 01:01 AM
cCbcdPmc4Bg

PublicOption
05-25-2012, 01:02 AM
a little something for the teams left in the playoffs.

hCqefcY7lpI

angelbelow
05-25-2012, 01:06 AM
this team is deep
spurs do not need the great manu or close to the finals mvp manu
they do need the good manu and not the turnover manu though

the problem with this team is it is to deep for one player to really go for 40 and 10 assist

like other teams have to do to win in postseason

Manu has to play well for us to have a good shot at winning this series. He doesn't need to average 25 points but he can't average 11 points on 40% shooting with almost half his shots coming from beyond the arc.

If the big 3 play consistently well and our bench performs up to the standard that we are all used to, the Spurs should take care of business in 6.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2012, 01:07 AM
^I loved that block on KG as much as anybody...KG is such a piece of shit, and I'm sure getting blocked by an old bald whitey who he has half a foot on did nothing for his confidence :lol

PublicOption
05-25-2012, 01:11 AM
KFU-wXsRhic&feature=related

angelbelow
05-25-2012, 01:19 AM

I hope you're right too. Manu is a rhythm player so I find it hard to believe that he can just coast and turn it on whenever he wants. I was hoping he would find his rhythm against the Jazz.

The 2007 example is a good one. He shot pretty poorly all postseason long. But the major difference was that found ways to contribute on offense, for example he went to the line nearly 6 times a game and averaged 2 3-pointers made.

ElNono
05-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Manu will do what's needed to win... lol doubters

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Manu is a better player when under pressure with everything on the line. I think his brain switched into coasting mode during both of the past two series, but I think he's going to go out with a point to prove against Harden (aka Manu 2.0) and OKC (a real threat). Watch as he raises his game and plays Harden to a standstill.

I think we'll see at least one classic "all-court Manu" game: 13pts, 7rbs, 8asts, 4stls, 2 charges taken and clutch FTs, and another where he splashes 5 3s and scores high-20s.

lrrr
05-25-2012, 01:45 AM
I hope you're right too. Manu is a rhythm player so I find it hard to believe that he can just coast and turn it on whenever he wants. I was hoping he would find his rhythm against the Jazz.

The 2007 example is a good one. He shot pretty poorly all postseason long. But the major difference was that found ways to contribute on offense, for example he went to the line nearly 6 times a game and averaged 2 3-pointers made.

Yeah, definitely a rhythm player, but it only takes one 3 to swish through the net to get that rhythm (mojo) going!

Legacy
05-25-2012, 06:07 AM
cj9gVPka4eY

That theme always makes me bawl like a little baby. :cry:cry:cry

I'm not worried about Manu.

He will be back...

Oh yes... he will be back.

http://k44.kn3.net/taringa/1/2/0/7/1/4/49/bkjosgfsdd/EBE.jpg?4579

Ginofan
05-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Same ol ducks. :lol

Manu will be fine, there's no reason to doubt him. He hasn't stepped up this post season because we haven't needed him to. I'm sure when the going gets tough he will be right there spurring (hehe) us on to victory.

shorttotry
05-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Manu has been cold the past two series, but I have no doubt that when called upon, he will deliver. After all, he's MANU FUCKING GINOBILI!

hater
05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Emanuel Harden vs. James Ginobili!!!!

100%duncan
05-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Manu will do what's needed to win... lol doubters

NoNo with the major goods.

xellos88330
05-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Hopefully the Spurs get Manu a few easy ones to start. Then Manu will have his rythym.

Matty2Cool
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
This isn't 2005 anymore Manu hasn't been Manu for a LONG time. Luckily we don't need huge numbers from him anymore to win.

ViceCity86
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
We could probally beat OKC with 2012 playoff Ginobili so far,but we won't beat Miami.We need some of that 05 playoff,08 reg season and first 5 games of 2012 Ginobili.

Jumi
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I really don't see a problem with his performance thus far except for missing the wide open threes. I believe TP will feed him in his sweet spots to get him going. I have no doubt that he'll be at his normal "helter skelter" level for this series. It's game time!!

dbestpro
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
one reason spurs got sj is because of manu play this year or lack of playing

Yeah, I'm sure if Manu was playing at an MVP level, there would be no way they would have dumped RJs contract with an extra year for SJax.:rolleyes

angelbelow
05-25-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't doubt that Manu will step up to the challenge. But I disagree with those who are saying we don't need him to play well to beat the Thunder.

Legacy
05-26-2012, 07:13 AM
8LTgStJw9ao

emanueldavidginobili
05-26-2012, 10:38 AM
This isn't 2005 anymore Manu hasn't been Manu for a LONG time. Luckily we don't need huge numbers from him anymore to win.

...2007/2008 was his best scoring season of his career he was going off left and right, and last year he was an all star, 3rd team all NBA getting game winners, virtually led us to the best record in the west. Even from the start of this season he came out on fire..so I dont know where you get Manu hasnt been Manu for a LONG time

Fabbs
05-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Manu is a better player when under pressure with everything on the line. I think his brain switched into coasting mode during both of the past two series, but I think he's going to go out with a point to prove against Harden (aka Manu 2.0) and OKC (a real threat). Watch as he raises his game and plays Harden to a standstill.

I think we'll see at least one classic "all-court Manu" game: 13pts, 7rbs, 8asts, 4stls, 2 charges taken and clutch FTs, and another where he splashes 5 3s and scores high-20s.
While i certainly hope you are right, I'm concerned the other may happen.
We have plenty of "other" players who have stepped up. Green, Splittsville, timely SJax.

I hope its not a case of where Manus ego gets the best of him and he forces stuff too much to the detriment of the team. Yes yes yes "he only knows one way to play" -that's bullshit (not you Ruff) as Manu certainly has many facets at times depending on the opponent. While i agree Manu is best when he is balls out, he's been hurting the team at times with his mini Kobme trips down the floor. We don't need him horking up repeated trey bricks when others are open with plenty of time is on the shot clock and driving the ball to the rack or passing is the better option. Manu is at his best when he is in Team Spurs mode -doing a bit of everything all at the right time.

Ditto on D. Fine if he wants to go for the steal but not all the time and not to the detriment of the team. He did that several times vs Clippers and as Bledsoe sped right around him and scored. Frankly I'm glad Del Negro pulled Bledsoe and featured a ballhoggy 85% CP3 down the stretch.

Just sayin. Be Manu but don't be MiniKobme Manu.
Realize you've lost a step since SuperManu of 2005 and that's okay.
If we Champ with Green or Neal or Splitts or whomever being the bomb factor in a game or two, so be it.

ie Stevie Kerr 2003.
Bob Horry
etc.

TheSkeptic
05-26-2012, 11:03 AM
While i certainly hope you are right, I'm concerned the other may happen.
We have plenty of "other" players who have stepped up. Green, Splittville, timely SJax.

I hope its not a case of where Manus ego gets the best of him and he forces stuff too much to the detriment of the team. Yes yes yes "he only knows one way to play" -that's bullshit (not you Ruff). While i agree Manu is best when he is balls out, he's been hurting the team at times with him mini Kobme trips down the floor. We dont need him horking up repeated trey bricks when plenty of time is on the shot clock and driving the ball to the rack or passing is the better option. Manu is at his best when he is in Team Spurs mode -doing a bit of everything all at the right time.

Ditto on D. Fine if he wants to go for the steal but not all the time and not to the detriment of the team. He did that several times vs Clippers and as Bledsoe sped right around him and scored. Frankly I'm glad Del Negro pulled Bledsoe and featured a ballhoggy 85% CP3 down the stretch.

Just sayin. Be Manu but don't be MiniKobme Manu.
If we Champ with Green or Neal or Splitts or whomever being the bomb factor in a game or two, so be it.

ie Stevie Kerr 2003.

Just to piggyback on this one, I also think Manu needs to cut down on his turnovers this upcoming series. OKC is the kind of team that would have a field day on the fastbreak if we let them and honestly, I wonder if the turnovers weren't also part of the reason why our bench didn't perform to its usual standard last series. Neal clearly can't be trusted to run the bench by himself so we'll need Gino to be sharp and for the Spurs to not give possessions away.

The shot selection will also have to improve but I can live with missed shots in the flow of the game as long Manu's in "Team Spurs Mode" so to speak.

OZWIN
05-26-2012, 02:30 PM
I feel he will show up big in this series...especially game one. Knowing OKC has a really good sixth man off the bench as well he will show up big. I have a good feeling about Manu in this series...and after all it could come down to who has the bigger game out of Manu and Harden.

LakerLanny
05-26-2012, 05:08 PM
I think Manu has become a little too 3 point happy.

He needs to get back to driving the ball to the basket and making plays for others.

And I think he will, I expect him to outperform Harden by a wide margin in this series.

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I think his low 3pt% and volume of shots being from 3 is a little bit deceptive because he's frequently the guy who takes the "last second half court shot", and jacking up a three once or twice a game near the end of a quarter to create a 2 for 1 situation (where the brick really doesn't actually hurt since it gets a possession back due to clock management).

That said, it's still probably low 30's anyway. Maybe 31-32% on "real threes". So he definitely needs to step it up. We need him healthy in the Finals for sure, but I get the feeling OKC is better and going to be a tougher out than Miami, so we're gonna need him to return to form now, not later.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2012, 06:31 PM
i give him the benefit of the doubt he doesnt costs us...

smeagol
05-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Manu has become a little too 3 point happy.

He needs to get back to driving the ball to the basket and making plays for others.

And I think he will, I expect him to outperform Harden by a wide margin in this series.

Even the mythical Lanny believes Manu will be alright . . . Doubting Spur fans :ihit

BackHome
05-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Two Things and We Win:

1. Limit Bonner to no more then 10 minutes a game.
2. Have Manu handle backup PG - DO NOT MAKE NEAL HANDLE THE BALL!!!

therealtruth
05-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Two Things and We Win:

1. Limit Bonner to no more then 10 minutes a game.
2. Have Manu handle backup PG - DO NOT MAKE NEAL HANDLE THE BALL!!!

It's interesting that the only playoff series we win are ones where Bonner doesn't play that much. In the playoffs we tend to win in spite of him.

Sean Cagney
05-27-2012, 01:17 AM
It's interesting that the only playoff series we win are ones where Bonner doesn't play that much. In the playoffs we tend to win in spite of him.

Oh no doubt, this is the truth. I truly felt he should get limited minutes for a while now, if he is is the game and not hitting get him out! He doesn't do sh*t else sides hit some threes because he sucks on D etc. He is a bench player, worth 5 a game or so in mins, thats IT. THATS IT THATS IT.

KRA-Z
05-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Obi Wan Ginobili. No worries, the force is strong with this one. As it is with his fellow jedi Tony Skyparker, and Mace WinDuncan.

angelbelow
05-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Even the mythical Lanny believes Manu will be alright . . . Doubting Spur fans :ihit

Another weak post. Look I'm trying to raise the bar and generate discussion. If you, elnono have nothing to contribute just stay out.

Not once did I "doubt" Manu. I post his struggles but still said that I believe he will step up.

ginobili fan
05-27-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't worry at all.
Manu will be great this series.
James Harden who ?

dbreiden83080
05-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Manu needs to be consistently good but not great. That is why the Spurs are so good these days is the depth. They needed to add pieces so that Manu and Tim did not have to be all world in a 7 game series to have success.. If we win the series the depth will be the difference..

dunkman
05-27-2012, 11:08 PM
In game 1 he was better than Durant for OKC.

Legacy
05-27-2012, 11:29 PM
He looked absolutely beautiful out there tonight!!

:flag:

smeagol
05-27-2012, 11:40 PM

Eat shit, A-hole!

Yuixafun
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
So many naysayers enjoy the crow

same ninny's probably saying spurs in 7 or 6... it's gonna be a dogfight blah bla blah

we're 9/10 on these young thunders recently

they don't know what's up yet.

There's a difference between a championship core that's grown and vastly experienced vets, then young up and coming talent who haven't proven shit but have won some series....

Spurs fans with chicken hearts wtf.

ya'll might as well wave thunder flags if you gonna doubt our main guys.

I can understand being concerned, concern leads to higher concentration and understanding of a problem and a desire to improve.....

but doubting is loss of faith and confidence, no good energy comes out of that.

So fuck you doubters go away.