PDA

View Full Version : Tired of all the OKC Nuthugging going around by Spurs fans

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, OKC is a great team with freakish speed and talent. But, geez, give our boys some credit too. We are an all around well oiled machine, the likes of which OKC has not been able to solve for a while now. We've gone into OKC and left with a win. We've blown them out in San Antonio. I'm all about respecting your opponent, but the over respect is killing me already.

Where's our edge? We've gone full force against Utah and the Clips but when OKC won, everyone took a step and and gave a collective *woah* with their hands up in the air. Screw that chickensh*t noise. What fun is there when you prepare for the worst but hope for the best?

It wouldn't surprise me if we beat these clowns in 5 games. Sunday can't get here fast enough. :flag:

mando6599
05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree, OKC is a very good team, but our Spurs are much better and that's why they'll win in 4 or 5, IMO.

mando

2centsworth
05-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Respecting your opponent or having a healthy fear of your opponent should only apply to the players and coaches. As crazed fans we do and say just about anything to keep us from throwing-up.

Kidd K
05-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Respecting your opponent or having a healthy fear of your opponent should only apply to the players and coaches. As crazed fans we do and say just about anything to keep us from throwing-up.

Exactly.

Fans, you're not gonna jinx them by enjoying the moment. If you don't talk crap now, you're missing your chance to enjoy your team winning. After you win, everyone's just gonna be like "yeah yeah they won. . .but they won't next year!". So you gonna get your trash talk in now folks.

Be excited, don't be scared. The Spurs are dope this year and nearly 100% healthy. We didn't barely make it to the WCF. We steamrolled our way here. . .this is what it's like to be favored for once. :P

hater
05-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I respect class.

Durant = class

Westbrook = class

Harden = class

Ibaka = class

Perk = every decent family has a crazy obnoxious uncle, just ignore him

baseline bum
05-25-2012, 01:23 PM
LOL overconfident Spurs fans. The Spurs are playing great basketball which is why I think they'll win this series, but it blows me away how many fans think they're playing the Clippers again.

ViceCity86
05-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Spurs should dominate stretches of the game when Thunder's subs are in the game,but if it's a tight close game in the 4th quarter.A talented 4-some of Durant Westbrook Harden and Ibaka can be formidable.They had dominated 4th quarters in these playoffs vs Lakers and Mavs.

I think Spurs overall depth will win 2 games by double digits.How they do in close games is yet to be determined.

ViceCity86
05-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Spurs should dominate stretches of the game when Thunder's subs are in the game,but if it's a tight close game in the 4th quarter.A talented 4-some of Durant Westbrook Harden and Ibaka can be formidable.They had dominated 4th quarters in these playoffs vs Lakers and Mavs.

I think Spurs overall depth will win 2 games by double digits.How they do in close games is yet to be determined.

OZWIN
Exactly.

Fans, you're not gonna jinx them by enjoying the moment. If you don't talk crap now, you're missing your chance to enjoy your team winning. After you win, everyone's just gonna be like "yeah yeah they won. . .but they won't next year!". So you gonna get your trash talk in now folks.

Be excited, don't be scared. The Spurs are dope this year and nearly 100% healthy. We didn't barely make it to the WCF. We steamrolled our way here. . .this is what it's like to be favored for once. :PSpurs were favored when the big three kept winning the championships some years ago...but yeah they are all healthy now and ready to go. This is going to be a good series and if it goes seven I will not be surprised at all.

SpurinDallas
LOL overconfident Spurs fans. The Spurs are playing great basketball which is why I think they'll win this series, but it blows me away how many fans think they're playing the Clippers again.

True, we aren't playing the Clippers, but we aren't playing the 72-10 Bulls or the 1992 Dream Team either.

2centsworth
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM

The point is we're fans, so overconfidence doesn't mean anything to the outcome. Hence, anything is fair game as a fan, whatever keeps you from vomitting or eating all your finger nails.

hater
05-25-2012, 01:31 PM
The point is we're fans, so overconfidence doesn't mean anything to the outcome. Hence, anything is fair game as a fan, whatever keeps you from vomitting or eating all your finger nails.

one thing is confidence in your team. Another thing is being a delusional homer (see lakerfan)

IMO it's pathetic to think Spurs are so much superior to the Thunder. This is gonna be a good series and the San Antonio Thunder will prevail!

baseline bum
05-25-2012, 01:31 PM
True, we aren't playing the Clippers, but we aren't playing the 72-10 Bulls or the 1992 Dream Team either.

If they were they would go out in 5 or maybe 6 in the first scenario and get swept in the second, so that's a pretty strange argument to make.

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
If they were they would go out in 5 or maybe 6 in the first scenario and get swept in the second, so that's a pretty strange argument to make.

It really isn't a strange argument. Everyone acts as if OKC is unbeatable and we bring nothing to the table.

We are definitely beatable, but it's not like we snuck into the WCF. This Spurs team is taking names.

It feels like the first Spurs-Lakers game this season where we lost at home. I felt we were giving the Lakers TOO MUCH respect, and we never even made it close that night. The next 2 games, we remembered who we were and we took care of business, rather easily too.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2012, 01:38 PM
lol hyperbole by homers.

If you're not interested in people trying to do honest analysis of strengths and weaknesses, don't click on the threads.

spurspokesman
05-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I respect class.

Durant = class

Westbrook = class

Harden = class

Ibaka = class

Perk = every decent family has a crazy obnoxious uncle, just ignore himHater I was with you until harden. Harden - instigator. He engages in needless trashtalk. Before the artest incident I predicted he would eventually meet his match. Not that I agree with artests response but harden clearly initiated that incident.

2centsworth
05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Hope out team isn't as soft as some of the fans. Spurs in 4-5 because my eyes don't lie.

2centsworth
05-25-2012, 01:43 PM
lol hyperbole by homers.

If you're not interested in people trying to do honest analysis of strengths and weaknesses, don't click on the threads.
Analysis with a pound of fear. Hollinger has this one right

ShoogarBear
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, what did you say before last year's Memphis series, when a lot of people were also pointing out that it wasn't going to be easy?

thunderfan
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM
OKC's players are really pretty stand up and classy individuals and I don't know of anyone on the SA roster that is not. Trash talk is cool as long as it doesn't cross a certain line. I'm not really sure I quite understand wanting to photocrop penises on photos of Harden with his mouth open (as I strangely read in a thread here), but a little trash talk is cool.

2centsworth
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, what did you say before last year's Memphis series, when a lot of people were also pointing out that it wasn't going to be easy?
If you haven't figured out the difference between this team and last years team you have a lot of catching up to do.

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
This may be our last real chance at a Title and I'm not gonna waste it singing the praises of OKC and just HOPE our teams competes every night.

hater
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Hater I was with you until harden. Harden - instigator. He engages in needless trashtalk. Before the artest incident I predicted he would eventually meet his match. Not that I agree with artests response but harden clearly initiated that incident.

I have no problem with a little trashtalk. Seriously if Harden was a Spur he'd probably be the favorite of all.

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM

When Manu got hurt in PHX I knew our chances were crushed. Thats the difference here. We're healthy and rolling. Enjoy the ride.

thunderfan
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Hater I was with you until harden. Harden - instigator. He engages in needless trashtalk. Before the artest incident I predicted he would eventually meet his match. Not that I agree with artests response but harden clearly initiated that incident.

Harden's a good guy. Harden is an instigator, to a degree, but that's limited to conveniently getting in a guy's way as he did with Artest. Do I think it's a classless move? Not really. I mean I've seen him do it a few times and I'm not 100% on board with it, but he's not a cheap shot artist by any means. He's a pretty clean player. He's not chest bumping guys, throwing elbows, holding jerseys, taking cheap shots, etc. This is not unique to the NBA though, what he does. Guys are always "getting in the way" or bumping into a guy a little off made shots in transition. Harden doesn't really talk shit on the court. He's not a mouth. He just plays. I've seen him run his mouth a little after being on the receiving end of a hard foul, but he's a pretty quiet player out there.

thunderfan
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Perk's an asshole and I wouldn't like him if he weren't with OKC, but ask any teammate he's had and they'll say he's about as good as it gets. Perk and Ibaka are about the last 2 guys in the NBA I'd want to get in a scrap with..especially Ibaka. He's cool as they get and he's a clean clean player, but I wouldn't fuk with that guy if it came down to it. He's the real deal. This isn't an act. I really think he was about to eat Carter for dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFSt20VVxgw

tediousj
05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
OKC's I'm not really sure I quite understand wanting to photocrop penises on photos of Harden with his mouth open (as I strangely read in a thread here), but a little trash talk is cool.

Its the internet. What's there to understand.

thunderfan
05-25-2012, 02:12 PM

No..it's people...on the internet...with thoughts of placing penises in another man's mouth. Pretty lame. Now, if one is a homosexual and has those thoughts, that's their business...but placing one on the photo of another player is a diff story.

TE
05-25-2012, 02:20 PM

No, it's spurstalk. Only posters who have an extended amount of time in lurking and/or posting understand and don't bicker about it.

spurspokesman
05-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Harden's a good guy. Harden is an instigator, to a degree, but that's limited to conveniently getting in a guy's way as he did with Artest. Do I think it's a classless move? Not really. I mean I've seen him do it a few times and I'm not 100% on board with it, but he's not a cheap shot artist by any means. He's a pretty clean player. He's not chest bumping guys, throwing elbows, holding jerseys, taking cheap shots, etc. This is not unique to the NBA though, what he does. Guys are always "getting in the way" or bumping into a guy a little off made shots in transition. Harden doesn't really talk shit on the court. He's not a mouth. He just plays. I've seen him run his mouth a little after being on the receiving end of a hard foul, but he's a pretty quiet player out there.
Harden is a great player. I just say needlessly because he sticks his nose where he shouldn't. Like the kobe incident when he jumped in kobes face. I said right there and then that it would catch up to him and he does instigate often. Bottom line is you like him if he's on your team and scoff when he's an opponent. Respectfully so.

hater
05-25-2012, 02:26 PM
manu is a great player. I just say needlessly because he sticks his nose where he shouldn't. Like the kobe incident when he jumped in kobes face. I said right there and then that it would catch up to him and he does instigate often. Bottom line is you like him if he's on your team and scoff when he's an opponent. Respectfully so.

fify

SA210
05-25-2012, 02:29 PM
A lot of defeatist attitudes around here, tbh

Blake
05-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Id give the Thunder about a ghost of a chance to win this series

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Id give the Thunder about a ghost of a chance to win this series

Well played, sir. :toast

Blake
05-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Well played, sir. :toast

:lol

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Westbrook = class

lolwhut? :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Anyway, respecting OKC isn't nuthugging. I think we have to respect them a good amount and not think we are automatically going to win this series just by showing up. This series will be pretty tough, and being overconfident is stupid imo. But regardless, it's not like us fans are the ones that are going to be on the court facing the Thunder, so it doesn't really matter. Just because you're confident doesn't mean the team knows they will win just by playing their normal game.

The Spurs probably have a greater chance of winning, but the better team is not guaranteed to win. Anything can happen.

hater
05-25-2012, 02:46 PM

wow reallly?

what's wrong with Westbrook?

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 02:49 PM

Anyway, respecting OKC isn't nuthugging. I think we have to respect them a good amount and not think we are automatically going to win this series just by showing up. This series will be pretty tough, and being overconfident is stupid imo. But regardless, it's not like us fans are the ones that are going to be on the court facing the Thunder, so it doesn't really matter. Just because you're confident doesn't mean the team knows they will win just by playing their normal game.

The Spurs probably have a greater chance of winning, but the better team is not guaranteed to win. Anything can happen.

Who said anything about being overconfident? You can be confident and humble but at the same time think on some level that other team hasn't proved they are all cracked up to be against your team.

I think we're gonna win and I know OKC is good, I'm just not jumping on the OKC overestimated bandwagon.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2012, 02:53 PM
wow reallly?

what's wrong with Westbrook?

He's a huge bitch, and it's not showing as often as it did last year for 2 reasons:
1. He has improved a lot, so individually he is more consistent and not as exposed, making less dumb ass decisions, etc.
2. The Thunder are rolling through the playoffs

Just watch him after any good play he makes, he acts like he just won a ring. And then if he gets exposed or gets handled and ball stolen from he'll be crying and bitching like a petulant child for a foul. Did you watch any of the Dallas-OKC WCF last year? Westbrook was pathetic.

Just observe what happens this series as the Spurs are likely to give the Thunder trouble.

I'm not saying he's a total piece of shit, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's classy. Otherwise, 95% of NBA players are classy just by not being an elbowing, fan-beating piece of shit. IMO you have act classy to be classy, you aren't classy by default just because you don't get technicals often or play dirty.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Who said anything about being overconfident? You can be confident and humble but at the same time think on some level that other team hasn't proved they are all cracked up to be against your team.

I think we're gonna win and I know OKC is good, I'm just not jumping on the OKC overestimated bandwagon.

Well this is exactly how I feel tbh. I respect OKC greatly but that doesn't mean I don't have any confidence or that I don't think the Spurs will win the series.

I just think it's stupid to think the Spurs are destined to win this series and win it all this year just because everyone is praising them now and winning almost every game. Nothing is guaranteed, and this series will be tough.

hater
05-25-2012, 02:58 PM
He's a huge bitch, and it's not showing as often as it did last year for 2 reasons:
1. He has improved a lot, so individually he is more consistent and not as exposed, making less dumb ass decisions, etc.
2. The Thunder are rolling through the playoffs

Just watch him after any good play he makes, he acts like he just won a ring. And then if he gets exposed or gets handled and ball stolen from he'll be crying and bitching like a petulant child for a foul. Did you watch any of the Dallas-OKC WCF last year? Westbrook was pathetic.

Just observe what happens this series as the Spurs are likely to give the Thunder trouble.

I'm not saying he's a total piece of shit, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's classy. Otherwise, 95% of NBA players are classy just by not being an elbowing, fan-beating piece of shit. IMO you have act classy to be classy, you aren't classy by default just because you don't get technicals often or play dirty.

Well if you consider the Spurs classy I don't see why you would not consider the Thunder as well. Classy in organization front office to bottom.

It's not like Spurs never celebrate a play or whine to ref

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Well if you consider the Spurs classy I don't see why you would not consider the Thunder as well. Classy in organization front office to bottom.

It's not like Spurs never celebrate a play or whine to ref

As a whole I do respect OKC and think they're a classy team, but I just think Westbrook is a bitch. Just my opinion.

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Well this is exactly how I feel tbh. I respect OKC greatly but that doesn't mean I don't have any confidence or that I don't think the Spurs will win the series.

I just think it's stupid to think the Spurs are destined to win this series and win it all this year just because everyone is praising them now and winning almost every game. Nothing is guaranteed, and this series will be tough.

My confidence isn't based on the articles or the winning streak. Its HOW this team has been winning. Pop has these guys zeroed in like we haven't seen in years. The focus is there. The execution is there. The killer instinct is there. Combine that with the fact that OKC hasn't been able to beat us while at full strength has me thinking this series will be over in 5.

hater
05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
As a whole I do respect OKC and think they're a classy team, but I just think Westbrook is a bitch. Just my opinion.

I actually thought the same. But now I think he's just an emotional guy.

Yeah he's a chuker sometimes but I'd blame that on Durant and the coach.

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM

I agree about Westbrook. IMO he is going to be the reason OKC doesn't win a Title.

thunderfan
05-25-2012, 03:11 PM
About the most classless thing Westbrook does is the little gun in the holster thing after he hits a 3. Whatever. It's kinda stupid, but I wouldn't call him a bitch for it. Yes, he's made a hell of a lot of bonehead plays. The guy is just amped up all the time. He's a big time competitor. He doesn't act as if he won anything after a big play. He's just trying to amp up his fans and teammates. NBA tickets are expensive. I guess you want to pay good money to see a guy make a big play and just waltz back down the court with his head up his ass? Tim Duncan is probably one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he's still a classy player.

thunderfan
05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree about Westbrook. IMO he is going to be the reason OKC doesn't win a Title.

Westbrook is the reason OKC is not on vacation right now - literally.

ploto
05-25-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the Spurs simply have not been tested in the play-offs. Not because they are so perfect, but because their opponents just were not very good. Utah barely made the play-offs and the Clippers were the walking wounded. Now it is time to see how they stand up against some real competition.

OKC has two all-NBA players and the Sixth Man of the Year. I call that a pretty good trio. They won over 70% of their games this season, and they were in the conference finals last year. I think it should be a great series!

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Westbrook is the reason OKC is not on vacation right now - literally.

Well, he's about to go up against a real Point Guard this series. We'll see how he reacts

ploto
05-25-2012, 03:19 PM
If the guy is on your team (Parker), then he has confidence, but on the opponent's team (Westbrook), then he is arrogant.

If your guy gets up into players on defense (Manu), then he is great. If some guy (Hardin) gets up into your guys, then he is classless.

BatManu20
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Tim Duncan is probably one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he's still a classy player.

Timmy isn't one of the biggest whiners in the NBA.. All players whine at some point, but there many more players who whine to the refs more than Tim Duncan, Russell Westbrook being one of them. But, neither team has any players that are classless from what I can see. These are two of the classiest organizations in the NBA, and the Thunder themselves have said they modeled their franchise after the Spurs. :flag:

hater
05-25-2012, 03:29 PM
wake up spursfan.

Duncan is one of the biggest whiners. But he knows what the fuck he's doing, he's a psychology major and does not give 2 shits how it looks in front of the cameras.

baseline bum
05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
It really isn't a strange argument. Everyone acts as if OKC is unbeatable and we bring nothing to the table.

Oh my god, what a fucking strawman. No one is saying any such thing.

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh my god, what a fucking strawman. No one is saying any such thing.

That seems to be the general feeling around here

baseline bum
05-25-2012, 05:23 PM
That seems to be the general feeling around here

LOL, one Thunder fan lays out a scenario they could win in and one troll picks OKC.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197938&page=2

SpurinDallas
05-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the research, but I think you know what I am talking about. The whole "I think we win, but..." that going on in here. But again, thanks.

Legacy
05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
My confidence isn't based on the articles or the winning streak. Its HOW this team has been winning. Pop has these guys zeroed in like we haven't seen in years. The focus is there. The execution is there. The killer instinct is there. Combine that with the fact that OKC hasn't been able to beat us while at full strength has me thinking this series will be over in 5.

DING! DING! DING!

My thoughts EX-ACTLY.

Hype? Publicity? BAH!! WTF is that? Certainly not something I giva' rat's ass about or pay attention to, that's for sure. It's all just a bunch of BS, and we all should know this already (??).

Spurs in 5-- 6 at the most... and again, I am being modest.

... But The Spurs are MORE than welcome to continue to prove people (myself included) wrong with yet another sweep (same thoughts I pretty much posted in another thread)--I'll be quite happy to eat more crow along with all the others who have done so as well. That shit is delicious. :hungry:

Spurs da champs
05-25-2012, 05:46 PM
I respect class.

Durant = class

Westbrook = class

Harden = class

Ibaka = class

Perk = every decent family has a crazy obnoxious uncle, just ignore him

Damn dude shut the fuck up about class! Bowen wasn't classy, Westbrook has an attitude & Harden talks shit to legends. Fuck your class!

TD 21
05-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Yes, OKC is a great team with freakish speed and talent. But, geez, give our boys some credit too. We are an all around well oiled machine, the likes of which OKC has not been able to solve for a while now. We've gone into OKC and left with a win. We've blown them out in San Antonio. I'm all about respecting your opponent, but the over respect is killing me already.

Where's our edge? We've gone full force against Utah and the Clips but when OKC won, everyone took a step and and gave a collective *woah* with their hands up in the air. Screw that chickensh*t noise. What fun is there when you prepare for the worst but hope for the best?

It wouldn't surprise me if we beat these clowns in 5 games. Sunday can't get here fast enough. :flag:
:tu

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the research, but I think you know what I am talking about. The whole "I think we win, but..." that going on in here. But again, thanks.

You must not be good at noticing the general opinion/feeling, which is nothing near what you say it is. Most Spurs fans here are expecting the Spurs to win the series.