PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade?

Tiago Splitter
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Who is the better player right now?

KD4MVP
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Kobe

lefty
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Wade of course

it's me
05-25-2012, 01:50 PM
gay pants... and it's not even close.

lefty
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
gay pants... and it's not even close.
And that would be ...

hater
05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
And that would be ...

he said gay pants, not gay burqa

OKC Thunderstorm
05-25-2012, 02:47 PM
:lol This place suffers from "Kobe envy". The correct answer is Kobe, but Durant has a better case than Wade. When did Durant score less than SIX points in a playoff game? He has 3 playoff gamewinners so far and didnt have to rely on breaking Kobe's nose to shut him down.

Kobe. But the best answer is KD :toast

Tiago Splitter
05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
:lol This place suffers from "Kobe envy". The correct answer is Kobe, but Durant has a better case than Wade. When did Durant score less than SIX points in a playoff game? He has 3 playoff gamewinners so far and didnt have to rely on breaking Kobe's nose to shut him down.

The thread is a comparison of two players, none of which are Durant. Learn to read you simpleton.

ElNono
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Wade... not close

tesseractive
05-25-2012, 02:59 PM
2 years ago? Kobe. Last week? Wade looked even worse than Kobe, so still Kobe.

If Wade can keep playing like last night? Wade, no contest.

OKC Thunderstorm
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
The thread is a comparison of two players, none of which are Durant. Learn to read you simpleton.

I said Kobe, twice. But I can't read? :lol

Tiago Splitter
05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I said Kobe, twice. But I can't read? :lol

You mentioned Durant when he wasn't a part of the discussion, therefore you failed. Nobody cares about ringless scrubs like Durant.

OKC Thunderstorm
05-25-2012, 03:23 PM

You mentioned Durant when he wasn't a part of the discussion, therefore you failed. Nobody cares about ringless scrubs like Durant.
Not that I hate Kobe, but why is he being mentioned at all? Obsessed? He is out. Durant finished him just like Dirk. Your toungue ringed leader is next.

TimmehC
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
The one that's still playing right now, tbh.

Tiago Splitter
05-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Not that I hate Kobe, but why is he being mentioned at all? Obsessed? He is out. Durant finished him just like Dirk. Your toungue ringed leader is next.

The comparison was about two champions and once again nobody cares about The ringless scrub Durant.

OKC Thunderstorm
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
The comparison was about two champions and once again nobody cares about The ringless scrub Durant.

Yep, his toungue is ringless. :lol

If no one cares, why is your fanbase discussing his complexion? :wakeup

TE
05-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Stop being such a whiny faggot. No one brought up Durant. Look at the thread title.

LkrFan
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
:corn:

LiamNeeson'shero
05-25-2012, 04:31 PM
kobe

m>s
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM

sup mono :rolleyes:

kobe & wade both past their primes imho, kobe is fucking old and wade has been struggling with minor injuries since his 1st day in NBA, but at this point of time i'd still take wade over rapist because when my nigga is healthy he's still the greatest FUCKING player of the planet tbh

i ain't a fan of them heat but wade is my favorite player outside of the mavs squad tbh

OZWIN
05-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Kobe. But the best answer is KD :toastThis thread is about Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant...not Kevin Durant. Stated above...yes I know that. Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant are both way better than Durant overall. Durant may be the better pure scorer than Wade...but Wade is definitely the better basketball player. Kobe is still the second best pure scorer in the league behind Melo of course. Long story short, Durant shouldn't even be mentioned among who the best players in the league are when it comes to an overall aspect.

As far as you mentioning Dirk goes, the only reason we lost against OKC this year is we didn't have a big man that could dominate for us like we did last year(Chandler). Chandler ended up winning defensive player of the year this past year and I have no fucking idea why we got rid of him.

I'll take Kobe over Wade...but it is very close.

m>s
05-25-2012, 05:58 PM
melo is a pure scorer but he ain't nearly the best, he's called a "pure" scorer cuz he does basically nothing else (like defense) on the court

Losing TC hit us hard but the lack of ambition hurt us even more imho, it looked like we were all playing like asses out there against them OKC :cry

OZWIN
05-25-2012, 05:59 PM
melo is a pure scorer but he ain't nearly the best, he's called a "pure" scorer cuz he does basically nothing else (like defense) on the court

Losing TC hit us hard but the lack of ambition hurt us even more imho, it looked like we were all playing like asses out there against them OKC :cryIf your first sentence is regarding my post...I labeled Melo as the best pure scorer not the best. Him and Kobe are pretty much tied as the best pure scorer in my opinion.

MavDynasty
05-25-2012, 05:59 PM
You think the triple d muthafuckin dynasty will happen, m>s

Donkeybong
05-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Kobe. NBA fans and analysts are extremely short sighted, so they see a great game by Wade yesterday and that's all they remember.

mavsfan1000
05-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Definitely Kobe.

mavs>spurs
05-25-2012, 06:40 PM
lmao wade has been better than kobe since 2005 or 2006

midnightpulp
05-25-2012, 06:44 PM

troof.

HI-FI
05-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Wade. especially if he's healthy or roided up more than usual.

Ace
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Wade imho

LkrFan
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Wade imho

Ace
05-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Sup LkrFag? What do you think about Kool now being a Thunder fan?

100%duncan
05-25-2012, 08:37 PM

They are shooting guards you moot.

mavsfan1000
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Kobe helps spacing on the offense better than Wade. Wade isn't a reliable outside shooter. You know you can't give Kobe any space. If you put a smaller player on Kobe, he'll post you up. He was basically the only player showing for the Lakers against the Thunder.

Cry Havoc
05-25-2012, 10:57 PM

ChrisRichards
05-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Wade is the better player. I respect Kobe but he's simply not on Wade's level.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Wade is the better player. I respect Kobe but he's simply not on Wade's level.

You are right, he's on another level from Wade.

Joel Anthony
05-26-2012, 11:21 AM
You are right, he's on another level from Wade.

Yeah the level just below, Durant is in the basement. Where that overrated ringless pussy belongs.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah the level just below, Durant is in the basement. Where that overrated ringless pussy belongs.

I guess LeBron is an overrated pussy too, since he hasn't won a ring, right?

Your logic, not mine.

MavDynasty
05-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Tbh I'm glad that thunder fans are starting to post here. We need more diversity imho

Joel Anthony
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
I guess LeBron is an overrated pussy too, since he hasn't won a ring, right?

Your logic, not mine.

Sure, LeBron is overrated,Durant is the overrated pussy tho. LeBron is still better than Durant :lol

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Durant is NOWHERE near as good as Lebron. People can hate on James all they want, but the man is the best basketball player in the league right now, and it's a landslide. Durant is a great player, but I don't think he'll ever win anything other than scoring champion.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Sure, LeBron is overrated,Durant is the overrated pussy tho. LeBron is still better than Durant :lol

For the first 46 minutes, sure, last 2 minutes give me KD.

Joel Anthony
05-26-2012, 02:16 PM
For the first 46 minutes, sure, last 2 minutes give me KD.

The last two minutes thus far hasn't got him past the WCFs.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 02:31 PM
The last two minutes thus far hasn't got him past the WCFs.

Unlike the East, there are more then 1-2 good teams in the West, plus he made the WCF at a raw age of 22, didn't know he was supposed to win a title that soon, i guess so.

Indiana would be the 6th-8th best team in the West, yet they are 3rd in the big bad East and took the unstoppable Heat to 6 games.

OZWIN
05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Unlike the East, there are more then 1-2 good teams in the West, plus he made the WCF at a raw age of 22, didn't know he was supposed to win a title that soon, i guess so.

Indiana would be the 6th-8th best team in the West, yet they are 3rd in the big bad East and took the unstoppable Heat to 6 games.Unfortunately James is a much better player than Durant...not even show why you're arguing that as it seems like you are. Durant can keep winning scoring titles but I don't see them winning the championship this year. Next year you have a case for winning a ring...but this years is going to be the Spurs.

Oh and don't worry...LeBron will be getting his rings in years to come.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately James is a much better player than Durant...not even show why you're arguing that as it seems like you are. Durant can keep winning scoring titles but I don't see them winning the championship this year. Next year you have a case for winning a ring...but this years is going to be the Spurs.

Oh and don't worry...LeBron will be getting his rings in years to come.

Where did i say Durant was a better player then LeBron, all i said was i'd take KD in the clutch over LeBron who has already made 3-game winners in the playoffs.

KD takes the shot with the game on the line, LeBron passes to Mario Chalmers for someone who is supposedly hands down the best player in the game.

I agree, i've already said i think the Spurs win it this year, it's not our time, quite yet, but if OKC somehow takes out the Spurs, they take it all.

I'm sure he will win his ring/rings, but he'll never be one of the all-time greats, he lost any shot of that as soon as he jumped to Miami.

As for as Durant only ever winning a scoring title, time will tell. He and the whole team will only get better as the mature. Our top 4 players are only 22-23 unless you think players hit their prime at 22-23.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 02:41 PM

Indiana would be the 6th-8th best team in the West, yet they are 3rd in the big bad East and took the unstoppable Heat to 6 games.
Indiana went 42-24, that woulda been the 3rd best record in the West :lol

Guess they don't teach math in methlahoma :lol

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Indiana went 42-24, that woulda been the 3rd best record in the West :lol

Guess they don't teach math in methlahoma :lol

They do, and they wouldn't play the crappy East teams all the time like the Pistons, Cavs, among others that are there.

OZWIN
05-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Where did i say Durant was a better player then LeBron, all i said was i'd take KD in the clutch over LeBron who has already made 3-game winners in the playoffs.

KD takes the shot with the game on the line, LeBron passes to Mario Chalmers for someone who is supposedly hands down the best player in the game.

I agree, i've already said i think the Spurs win it this year, it's not our time, quite yet, but if OKC somehow takes out the Spurs, they take it all.

I'm sure he will win his ring/rings, but he'll never be one of the all-time greats, he lost any shot of that as soon as he jumped to Miami.

As for as Durant only ever winning a scoring title, time will tell. He and the whole team will only get better as the mature. Our top 4 players are only 22-23 unless you think players hit their prime at 22-23.Just seemed like you were trying to come off like that my bad.

I think OKC will win rings...I think after this year it is going to be a battle between Miami/OKC for the most part. Lakers are done, Spurs are getting older(will be interesting to see after the big three start departing), Boston is done.

I think Durant and James will end up getting the same amount of rings when their careers are done. I'm with you though...Durant is only 23...he could end up getting MVP's and all kinds of shit I'm just going with James for now cause he is just so dominant.

Good luck against the Spurs also...I'm rooting for either team I like OKC they have class too. I think Spurs in six but if it goes seven OKC will win so keep that in mind. :toast

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 02:48 PM
They do, and they wouldn't play the crappy East teams all the time like the Pistons, Cavs, among others that are there.
They went 29-19 (win % of .604) against the Eastern Conference teams they played and 13-5 (win % of .722) against the Western Conference teams they played, so that argument doesn't make much logical sense.

Begs the question again, do they teach math in methlahoma :lol

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Just seemed like you were trying to come off like that my bad.

I think OKC will win rings...I think after this year it is going to be a battle between Miami/OKC for the most part. Lakers are done, Spurs are getting older(will be interesting to see after the big three start departing), Boston is done.

I think Durant and James will end up getting the same amount of rings when their careers are done. I'm with you though...Durant is only 23...he could end up getting MVP's and all kinds of shit I'm just going with James for now cause he is just so dominant.

Good luck against the Spurs also...I'm rooting for either team I like OKC they have class too. I think Spurs in six but if it goes seven OKC will win so keep that in mind. :toast

No worries, i'll take KD in the clutch over LeBron who for whatever reason doesn't take the last shot with the game on the line. He's the best player in the world, but for someone who is, he doesn't take the last shot with the game on the line? His defense has gotten better, he held Kobe to 2-10 or 2-12 when he guarded him, his length bothers a lot of players.

I agree on that, but everyone thought the Spurs were done last year, and here they are again. And yeah, i think there could be a lot of OKC/Miami Finals in the near future until a team in the East gets another star, Chicago, depending on how Rose recovers could.

I think it basically depends on the first 2 games, if they don't win one of those games, they won't win the series, if they do, all bets are off. But i think it's the Spurs year, they just make the game look so easy, and Pop is such a great coach.

If OKC somehow got past them, i think they win it all, b/c even if Bosh does come back, he may aggrevate it again, and they won't win 2 on 5 against either of those teams especially without home-court. That's a tough injury to come back from, usually takes at least 4-6 weeks.

Should be a hell of a series though.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Gotta agree with the meth addict here tbh. there are more variables to take into account than to just look at it that way. how many of their 2nd night of a back to back's would they have won if they faced a top western team the night before instead of some shitty eastern team? would a limited 18 game sample size hold up if they had to play more games against those western teams? which western teams did they play? when faced with a top western conference team, was that WC team ever on the 2nd night of a tough back to back? You know better than that brah.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Gotta agree with the meth addict here tbh. there are more variables to take into account than to just look at it that way. how many of their 2nd night of a back to back's would they have won if they faced a top western team the night before instead of some shitty eastern team? would a limited 18 game sample size hold up if they had to play more games against those western teams? which western teams did they play? when faced with a top western conference team, was that WC team ever on the 2nd night of a tough back to back? You know better than that brah.
The only variable he mentioned was having more games against the West as oppose to the East. He didn't mention anything you just mentioned, however all the scenarios you mentioned could apply to basically every team. There's an inevitable amount of luck/unfairness that goes into schedules. Neither you nor the meth head have provided any actual proof of Indiana benefiting from said unfairness.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
They went 29-19 (win % of .604) against the Eastern Conference teams they played and 13-5 (win % of .722) against the Western Conference teams they played, so that argument doesn't make much logical sense.

Begs the question again, do they teach math in methlahoma :lol

So instead of playing the likes of the Bucks, Pistons, Cavs, Bulls who were all in the lottery aside from Chicago.

Say they replace NO, and play the Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, and Grizzlies instead, sure, they'd do just fine playing them instead of the teams they currently play, right?

Nice sample size.

Pacers have a nice team, but they would not finish 3rd in the West, they would finish around 6th-8th. The West is by far a better conference, quite frankly, it's not even close.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 03:14 PM
The only variable he mentioned was having more games against the West as oppose to the East. He didn't mention anything you just mentioned, however all the scenarios you mentioned could apply to basically every team. There's an inevitable amount of luck/unfairness that goes into schedules. Neither you nor the meth head have provided any actual proof of Indiana benefiting from said unfairness.

so you don't think teams in the east have an easier schedule?

ok

and no, having tougher b2b's and more games against western conference teams is exclusive to western conference teams, it doesn't apply to "every team." you can't take an 18 game sample size and say that they'd maintain that same winning % over the course of 40 games. also, getting to take more frequent breaks against shitty EC teams allows them to "get up" for the big games against the tougher WC teams.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 03:17 PM
So instead of playing the likes of the Bucks, Pistons, Cavs, Bulls who were all in the lottery aside from Chicago.

Say they replace NO, and play the Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, and Grizzlies instead, sure, they'd do just fine playing them instead of the teams they currently play, right?

Nice sample size.

Pacers have a nice team, but they would not finish 3rd in the West, they would finish around 6th-8th. The West is by far a better conference, quite frankly, it's not even close.

"Lets say they played the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 9th best team in the West rather than the 1st, 9th, 10th, and 13th best teams in the East, their record would be worse!"

No shit. If the Spurs had to play the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, and Magic during the regular season instead of the Hornets, Suns, Kings, and Warriors, their record would be worse. That doesn't make the East > the West.

What proof do you have their record would suffer if they had to play more Western Conference teams other than "The West is better and it's not even close!" Based off the available sample size, their record would improve if they got to play more West teams.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 03:21 PM
so you don't think teams in the east have an easier schedule?

ok

and no, having tougher b2b's and more games against western conference teams is exclusive to western conference teams, it doesn't apply to "every team." you can't take an 18 game sample size and say that they'd maintain that same winning % over the course of 40 games. also, getting to take more frequent breaks against shitty EC teams allows them to "get up" for the big games against the tougher WC teams.
My 18 game sample size is more evidence than anything you have presented. I'm still waiting for proof that their schedule would suffer instead of opinion and conjecture.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 03:21 PM
if someone is up to it, compile a tally of the total record of the teams the pacers had to go against vs say the total record of teams faced by the thunder or mavs. make sure to weight it accordingly, for instance if the thunder played the spurs 4 times, you would weight the spurs more heavily by counting their record 4 times in the tally. GUARANTEE the combined record is much better for the combined Thunder's opponents compared to the pacers.

edit: actually, i don't think that would work. statistically it would even out, there would be more variance in the EC teams records while the WC teams would be more evenly matched in their W/L columns.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 03:23 PM
My 18 game sample size is more evidence than anything you have presented. I'm still waiting for proof that their schedule would suffer instead of opinion and conjecture.

:lmao 18 game sample size

since there isn't a study done in a parallel universe where the pacers are a western conference team to compare to, all we can use is common sense and logic. common sense would tell you that the pacers would NOT have the same record in the west as they did in the east, for the reasons i already mentioned.

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 03:30 PM
"Lets say they played the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 9th best team in the West rather than the 1st, 9th, 10th, and 13th best teams in the East, their record would be worse!"

No shit. If the Spurs had to play the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, and Magic during the regular season instead of the Hornets, Suns, Kings, and Warriors, their record would be worse. That doesn't make the East > the West.

What proof do you have their record would suffer if they had to play more Western Conference teams other than "The West is better and it's not even close!" Based off the available sample size, their record would improve if they got to play more West teams.

Actually you'd replace the Hornets, Suns, Kings, Warriors with the Nets, Raptors, Cavs, Pistons, not the 2nd, 5th, 1st, and 6th best teams in the East.

Try again.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 03:33 PM
it's especially stupid whenever there are totally obvious reasons why that 18 game sample size could be skewed. the pacers would be more well rested, on average, when going up against those western teams because instead of playing in an ultra competitive conference they would be getting to take games off vs the pistons, bobcats, wizards, cavs, etc.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 03:37 PM
if someone is up to it, compile a tally of the total record of the teams the pacers had to go against vs say the total record of teams faced by the thunder or mavs. make sure to weight it accordingly, for instance if the thunder played the spurs 4 times, you would weight the spurs more heavily by counting their record 4 times in the tally. GUARANTEE the combined record is much better for the combined Thunder's opponents compared to the pacers.
They had a 5-2 record (.714) against the Western playoff teams they played and an 8-3 (.727) record against the Western lottery teams the played. I'll save you the trouble, their SOS wasn't good, but they weren't like the D'antoni Suns that inflated their record with a near perfect record against shitty teams. They did decent against good teams and blew their share of games against bad teams.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I'll save you the trouble, their SOS wasn't good

oh

KD4MVP
05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Simple question, you really think they finish in the Top 3 if they had to play the tough West teams every night for the most part.

Instead of having cakewalk games all the times against the likes of the Bobcats, Wiz, Pistons, Cavs, etc.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Simple question, you really think they finish in the Top 3 if they had to play the tough West teams every night for the most part.
I think they finish top 5. I think they're a better team than Utah, Dallas, and Denver. The West wasn't WAY better than the East this year like it normally is every year.

The West offers cake walk games against New Orleans, Sacramento, Minnesota and Golden State.

Spurs da champs
05-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Sacramento usually puts up a good fight.

Budkin
05-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Kobe is ruthless, Wade is not. Kobe.

Ace
05-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Regular season records don't really mean much when you take a look at match ups. Not sure why people put so much weight into the regular season when the playoffs are so much different. A great team could run into a bad match up and be out the playoffs much sooner than they would had avoided that match up nightmare.

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Wade even though he might be even more uncoachable than Kobe. At least he tries on defense most of the time.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 06:30 PM
wade is actually a damn good defender, more so in past years than right now at the moment though. i think he's hobbled.

m>s
05-27-2012, 04:51 PM
also western teams have to travel longer distances to play games on road. LA is like half the continent away from texas but we still have to play them 3-4 times every season

JRHernandez88
05-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Kobe

tesseractive
05-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Kobe is ruthless, Wade is not. Kobe.

Are you sure we're talking about the same Dwayne Wade?