PDA

View Full Version : Thanks A Lot Fat Antonio!!!

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 08:12 AM
My quest for "civilian" clothes has hit a snag....

Hard time finding pants that fit... I need a 31 x 32... even a 32 x 32 would
work... but NO....

What's on the racks??? 40 x 32 42 x 32... etc, etc....

Plenty of Wranglers my size... but I can't wear those....

Get off your asses and lose some freaking weight!!!

:)

SpursWoman
06-23-2005, 08:16 AM
My quest for "civilian" clothes has hit a snag....

Hard time finding pants that fit... I need a 31 x 32... even a 32 x 32 would
work... but NO....

What's on the racks??? 40 x 32 42 x 32... etc, etc....

Plenty of Wranglers my size... but I can't wear those....

Get off your asses and lose some freaking weight!!!

:)

And get taller a little bit too, dammit.

There is something wrong when the longest jeans in the store are 34". WTF?

Clandestino
06-23-2005, 08:23 AM
order online..

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 08:35 AM
order online..

I don't buy clothes without trying them on.... Remember, some chucklehead has a job putting sizes on clothes.... :)

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 08:42 AM
And get taller a little bit too, dammit.

There is something wrong when the longest jeans in the store are 34". WTF?

Amen. :tu

Gopher George can cry me a river when he tries to get clothing that is both big and tall (they should be called big or tall shops).

I thought 6'-6" & 300 lbs would be considered big & tall. Well, "BIG" doesn't start until your waist is like 46-48 (wtf? I said big, not huge) and "TALL" means you are a frickin' beanpole.

Try finding a pair of 40x37-38 pants that don't have pantlegs the diameter of XS shirt sleeves. :lol

Shelly
06-23-2005, 08:48 AM
A few years ago, my husband was the thinnest he's ever been and was at an odd pant size. He was like a 31 waist. The only place we ever found a pant in that size and the length he needed (he's 6'2") was Ambercrombie & Fitch. We paid a pretty penny for those pants, which I promptly shrunk :oops

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 08:58 AM
IKWYM,
my husband is 5'5 (hey! he's the tallest in his family!) and shuffles around , depending on his weight, between a 29x30 and a 32x30.
we can NEVER ever find pants that fit him. He used to wear Wrangler Rugged wear for work - and they always had plenty in his size (now he wears Cintas). But those weren't great for everyday wear.
We were able ot find some at Old Navy and some LEvi's and Guess in his size at Dillards and JCpenny.... but dang it the $$ we have to spend is not pretty!!

Here's one: try finding nice shirts for a man in a S or M - not gonna happen.
everythign is XL, XXL , XXXL , and even XXXXL.
fucking pathetic.

Shelly
06-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah, but at least men HAVE some idea what size they wear in pants. They don't have to deal with the 'vanity sizing' like we do. I hate buying pants.

MannyIsGod
06-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Dude, 32 is the smallest? :lmao

That's fucked.

I'm a 36 x 32 and I've never had a hard time finding that. When I was a 38x32 I had a bit harder time finding anything less than a 38x34 but not really too tough.

MannyIsGod
06-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but at least men HAVE some idea what size they wear in pants. They don't have to deal with the 'vanity sizing' like we do. I hate buying pants.
Dude, the Old Navy pants are sized the exact same way for men as they are for women. Last time I tried on pants, I tried on a 34 waist size to test the theory, and it fucking fit.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I'M A 34 WAIST!

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 09:06 AM

i just figure out what I wear in 1 or 2 brands and then only buy those brands.

I am happy to report that I wear the smallest size in GAP jeans. :spin
So when I'm feleign bad i pull those bad boys out and stare happily at it's single digit tag.

of course right now, being preggo ihave no freakin idea what i wear casue materninty clothing manufactueres can't get their Shit straight!
I have pants, shitrts and sundrrsses in materninty right now that run from and XS to a L
\WTF?????

Shelly
06-23-2005, 09:13 AM
It's a very well known fact that Old Navy runs a size bigger. Get with the program, son! :)

But guys can go in knowing they're a 34 or whatever and pretty much find something.

Woman can't do that. When my mom was young and weighed around 115 pounds back in the '50s, she said she wore a size 10. Today that would probably be a 2 or 4. A fit model is a perfect size 8, but would be a 2 in the stores.

When I got married, I wore a size 3 in a dress off the rack. But my wedding dress was a 10 because that was really the true size. During that same period, I wore a 3 in Gap's reverse fit jeans, a 5 in their loose fit jeans and a 7 in their classic fit jeans. Wtf???

Vashner
06-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Hey I like my fatness.... 38 waist 4 the win!

Clandestino
06-23-2005, 09:43 AM
honestly, i've never had a hard time finding jeans and i'm 31-32 waist 30-32 length...

this is san antonio.. most mexicans are this size.... you must've been on the white side of town

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 09:53 AM
if youre calling it "fat antonio" shouldnt "fat" rhyme with or at least be spelled like "san"?

desflood
06-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Amen. :tu

Gopher George can cry me a river when he tries to get clothing that is both big and tall (they should be called big or tall shops).

I thought 6'-6" & 300 lbs would be considered big & tall. Well, "BIG" doesn't start until your waist is like 46-48 (wtf? I said big, not huge) and "TALL" means you are a frickin' beanpole.

Try finding a pair of 40x37-38 pants that don't have pantlegs the diameter of XS shirt sleeves. :lol
you should try kingsizedirect.com. we've had to get a lot of my hubby's stuff from there (he's tall also). you can order clothes in just tall, or big, or both if needed. everything we've gotten has fit him really well.

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info, but I've tried them in the past and was unsatified. That, and they only have extremely casual clothing...nothing really dressy.

If I want nice clothing I just expect it to be tailored and to pay out the ass for it.

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info, but I've tried them in the past and was unsatified. That, and they only have extremely casual clothing...nothing really dressy.

If I want nice clothing I just expect it to be tailored and to pay out the ass for it.

We go to men's wharehouse for my husbands nice and really nice stuff.
yes we pay, but not as much as most would think.
Especially when you consider how much tailoring has to go on for his clothes to fit correctly.

When we buy a suit it is usually a 42 short:
they take up the sleeves
bring in the waist of the jacket (this is a BIG change)
the pants have to be hemmed and cuffed to a 30
the pants waist has to be taken into a 30
and at the same time add a pleat to accomadate his thighs
(otherwise he splits the ass of his pants)

ugh....... even kahaki's have to be modified.

So I really really recommend men's wharehouse. they do it,. do it well, and it's not that expensive.

DrRich
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Gopher, You just need to eat more to catch up to the rest of us fatasses!! :lol

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Yes, I go to men's warehouse, and if I'm in SA, Penner's. I like them quite a bit.

I'm going to have to get me a new suit... they'll have to get a huge one and "re-cut" it for me, size 52 XXL with big sleeves. I'll probably go to Penner's, they have more stuff & I trust the tailors more.

But I also need a bunch of clothes that aren't nice, and it's hard to find durable clothing that fits.

bigzak25
06-23-2005, 10:53 AM
get your ass to taco cabana gopher, you skinny shit... :lol

sa_butta
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
get your ass to taco cabana gopher, you skinny shit... :lolHey I resemble that remark:lol

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 11:44 AM
get your ass to taco cabana gopher, you skinny shit... :lol

Hey... I eat at Las Palapas every Tuesday night.....

Ain't my fault you burn calories when you run.... Matter of fact,
I burned 1,400 on my half-marathon last week.....

Running is the way!

bigzak25
06-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey... I eat at Las Palapas every Tuesday night.....

Running is the way!

i run too, but the ice-cream truck always stops when they see me waving... :lol

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM

dam you should start your own church
youre more than human, barely less than a god

T Park
06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Fuck you gopher, you try and find 44's consistently at places like Old Navy and others!!!! :)

Yeah im one of those fat asses that needs those pants so buzz off! lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 12:07 PM
ewwwww.. las palapas is spanish for "diareha machine"

you could pack major calories for little dough at Cha-Cho's tho. I gain 5 pounds just driving by.

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 12:12 PM
dam you should start your own church
youre more than human, barely less than a god

I only believe in ONE TRUE CHURCH. The Church of Baseball.... :)

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 12:12 PM
ewwwww.. las palapas is spanish for "diareha machine"

you could pack major calories for little dough at Cha-Cho's tho. I gain 5 pounds just driving by.

My baby girl has dance at 410 and Evers on Tuesday.... It ain't bad...

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Come to College Station, since it is college town , there are plenty of sizes in the 28-32 waist size.

I wear 32 waist, but at Hollister and Abercrombie, I have to wear 31 or 30 because they they are big for their sizes.

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Come to College Station, since it is college town , there are plenty of sizes in the 28-32 waist size.

I wear 32 waist, but at Hollister and Abercrombie, I have to wear 31 or 30 because they they are big for their sizes.

College Station??? Ain't that the home of them dumbass Aggies???

I'd rather vote Democrat than go there.... :)

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 02:43 PM
College Station??? Ain't that the home of them dumbass Aggies???

I'd rather vote Democrat than go there.... :)

Easy, buddy. One call and I could have a senior design class design a better gopher trap.:lol

gophergeorge
06-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Easy, buddy. One call and I could have a senior design class design a better gopher trap.:lol

NOW you tell me!!!

Bastards...

Late,

Karl
Senior Groundskeeper

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Adieu, Gophere.:lol

Vashner
06-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Sigh.. some poor kids in China are working extra hours in a sweat shop making our larger pants! The horror!