PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry doesn't think he and Dragic can coexist, hates McHale

Kai
05-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Disgruntled Lowry feels it's his time to move on (http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/)

Kyle Lowry averaged 14 points, seven assists and five rebounds per game in 47 games this past season. (Michael Paulsen/Chronicle)
Barely three weeks after surgery to repair a sports hernia and torn abductor muscles, Rockets guard Kyle Lowry returned to the Toyota Center weight rooms and went through shooting drills on the practice court.

But as he leaves town Saturday, he does not know if he’ll return to those familiar facilities or if he wants to be back.

Lowry does not believe he and Goran Dragic, his successor as the starting point guard this season, will both return to the roster next season. Lowry was even less confident he and Rockets coach Kevin McHale can successfully coexist.

“I don’t think so,” Lowry, 26, said. “I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

“If things aren’t addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”

But McHale did not believe the issues were too great for him and Lowry to work well together.

“That’s very surprising,” McHale said. “I didn’t think we had too much of a problem coexisting this year. Everybody has a little beef every once in a while. I didn’t feel like (there were problems). He apparently did.

“There were times that we didn’t agree on things. There were times that I got on him. I don’t think it was unduly harsh on anybody.”

Lowry and McHale seemed most at odds during a late-season game in Denver when McHale grabbed Lowry and pulled him back toward a huddle during a timeout with Lowry reacting angrily on the court. Both downplayed the incident in the next few days, but Lowry confirmed he needed to be restrained.

“My teammates pulled me away,” Lowry said. “They did a good job.”

GM, coach see no issues

General manager Daryl Morey, however, believes Lowry and McHale can succeed with the Rockets, especially with a second season together that includes the offseason and training camp that they did not have last season because of the NBA lockout.

“I think Kyle and coach McHale are both winners and both competitive guys,” Morey said. “I don’t anticipate any issues going forward.”

The more pressing situation could be the Rockets’ choice at point guard. Dragic will be an unrestricted free agent and has said his goal is to be a starter with the responsibility to run a team’s offense.

Dragic is expected to be targeted by several teams offering that opportunity, but Morey said the Rockets intend to sign Dragic. The GM and McHale met with Dragic after the season.

“I think they work well together as players,” Morey said. “We plan to sign Goran.”
Lowry considers Dragic worthy of the attention, but he said having both point guards likely would not work.

“I would say I don’t think so,” Lowry said. “We’re both capable starters. We both want it. It’s going to have to be a situation where they make a decision on one of us.

“It has nothing to do with Goran. I’m not happy with the way coaches handled things. If management wants to do something to keep Goran, I think I’ll have to be moved.”

If Lowry remains on the roster, teams offering Dragic a clear path to start could be at an advantage to sign him, but McHale said he can play Lowry and Dragic together.

“I like that lineup with those guys out there,” McHale said. “They played together and I thought played very well together at times. There were many times I thought it was a very, very good lineup.”

Working on rehab

For Lowry, his rehabilitation after the surgery is key no matter what happens with the Rockets.

“I played through the sports hernia since July,” Lowry said. “It got worse. I got banged up. I got sick (with a bacterial infection that hospitalized him for a week). I had surgery to fix the hernia and abductor tears. It was definitely a crazy year for me. It’s a big summer for me to come back healthy, to get a whole summer of my usual offseason training.

“I think I’m still a foundation guy. You can build around me. If I’m not here, that’s welcomed. If I’m here, I guess that’s welcomed too."

Hello Pau? :bang

spursfan1000
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
That is a good way to get traded without actually demanding it haha

baseline bum
05-26-2012, 12:18 AM

For Scola + Lowry? Maybe get LA to throw the savior in the deal to back Dragic up?

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 12:21 AM
^any deal with the rockets is a lateral move. lowry/kobe/artest/scola/bynum isn't much better if any better than this year team.

TE
05-26-2012, 12:22 AM
lol the fat point guard wants to be traded.

I have a friend who is a Rocket fan and absolutely hates Kyle Lowry. He's the Rocket's version of Jarrett Jack.

Reck
05-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Players these days are such whiny little divas.

If this little shit thinks they are going to fired Mchale because he doesn't want him there then he's due for a rude awakening.

djohn2oo8
05-26-2012, 12:23 AM
That's what Morey gets for not trading players when their value is high, now Kyle just drove it down some more. It's cool though, Keep Dragic, and as for Kyle...

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/gtfop1.gif

Spurs9
05-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Players these days are such whiny little divas.

If this little shit thinks they are going to fired Mchale because he doesn't want him there then he's due for a rude awakening.

He's trying to pull a Dwight tbh

LkrFan
05-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Disgruntled Lowry feels it's his time to move on (http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gg9aca

tesseractive
05-26-2012, 12:54 AM
He's trying to pull a Dwight tbh

There's a big difference between being Dwight Howard and being Kyle Lowry. :lol

If there were anyone on the team worth getting back, they ought to send his whiny ass to Charlotte.

DJ Mbenga
05-26-2012, 01:21 AM
^any deal with the rockets is a lateral move. lowry/kobe/artest/scola/bynum isn't much better if any better than this year team.

my guess the lakers also sign atawn jamison to play the stretch 4 and go with the 3 big rotation. that improves things drasticaly. scola and jamison can comliment bynum or in other words, get out of his way. sessions jamison pick and rolls all day for the bench. sounds good on first thought

ElNono
05-26-2012, 01:35 AM
lol fattie demanding to start when Goran is 2000x better...

tbh, Morey should trade him to the fucking Bobcats so he gets his wish...

100%duncan
05-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Damn although Goran is better than Lowry, LA would be scary as hell with him.

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2012, 05:32 AM
:lol not really, Lowry wants to be a star, tbh..

The Lakers need a PG that would accept a role player role, as a spot-up shooter..despite Laker fans claiming otherwise, which was the case with Sessions, a PG that wants to make an impact as a ball-handler and scorer won't fulfill his potential with LA..

They would have to accept a bench role, which Lowry would oppose..

YoMamaIsCallin
05-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Kyle Lowry is very good. He's better than Dragic.

100%duncan
05-26-2012, 06:06 AM

Before the injury, yes.

Kamnik
05-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Lowry is good... but undersized, injured often and looks like fame got into his head at last.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 08:39 AM
The numbers Dragic put up as a starter last year (18 points, 49% shooting, 8.4 assists, 3.5 boards) are better than any numbers Lowry has put up.

Latarian Milton
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
either guy would be the starting PG if playing for any team not including boston, clippers, spurs and NJ. goran might be the better player of the two but it doesn't mean that nigga lowry is bad, the gap ain't big at all tbh

djohn2oo8
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Um, no. Lowry flops too much for being such a fat PG, doesn't get back on defense when he feels like he didn't get a call, pouts just like Brooks did, and was trouble in the Locker room. Dragic is a consummate professional, and a better player than Lowry. Goran gives 110% every game.

ChrisRichards
05-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Kobe and Lowry backcourt. :lol

Spur_Fanatic
05-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I like Dragic more.

Spurs9
05-26-2012, 10:24 AM

I thought Lakers were gonna be scary when they signed session:cry

Slomo
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
“I think I’m still a foundation guy. You can build around me. If I’m not here, that’s welcomed. If I’m here, I guess that’s welcomed too."

Really? Is there a course he took that made him that? Because I sure haven't seen it on the court.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player, and someone with the potential to improve, but a franchise player? Bit of a big head their Kyle.

Fabbs
05-26-2012, 11:28 AM
my guess the lakers also sign atawn jamison to play the stretch 4 and go with the 3 big rotation. that improves things drasticaly. scola and jamison can comliment bynum or in other words, get out of his way. sessions jamison pick and rolls all day for the bench. sounds good on first thought
Who is she?
top pic.

Reck
05-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Who is she?
top pic.

A very much photoshopped white chick. :lol

tesseractive
05-26-2012, 11:53 AM

What would be really scary would be the chemistry. Just what LA needs -- another whiny-ass punk.

He and Bynum could form the "Kobe was mean to me and took all my shots" club. :lmao

ElNono
05-26-2012, 12:01 PM
http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2012/04/5867325662917582-426x640.jpg

lol photoshop

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
:lmao I knew that didn't look like it could be real

I'd still smash tho

TheCultOfPersonality
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Lowry wanted to be the starter in Memphis, but Hollins wanted to go with Conley which is one of the reasons he was traded. Now granted the situations are different than in Houston because neither Conley nor Lowry were worthy of a starting job at the time.

But I do think it's funny how Lowry thinks he's better than he really is. I mean, Lowry as a foundation guy? :lmao

DJB
05-26-2012, 03:25 PM

No.

DJ Mbenga
05-26-2012, 04:00 PM
http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2012/04/5867325662917582-426x640.jpg

lol photoshop

1 week is longer than I expected to get caught. I'll have more goods later

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
The numbers Dragic put up as a starter last year (18 points, 49% shooting, 8.4 assists, 3.5 boards) are better than any numbers Lowry has put up.

Yet, Dragic is a terrible defender and "led" the Rockets to a losing record and well out of the playoff picture. Lowry is more clutch too. Dragic isn't better. Also, doing well for a small period of time doesn't mean he can legitimately do the same thing for a long period of time. Need I point you towards Jeremy Lin for proof of this? Good short stretch (against terrible teams), then totally choked and blew after that.

Reck
05-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Yet, Dragic is a terrible defender and "led" the Rockets to a losing record and well out of the playoff picture. Lowry is more clutch too. Dragic isn't better. Also, doing well for a small period of time doesn't mean he can legitimately do the same thing for a long period of time. Need I point you towards Jeremy Lin for proof of this? Good short stretch (against terrible teams), then totally choked and blew after that.

LOL bad comparison.

Lin got the Knicks out of the pit that is the east and catapulted them into the playoffs. Kind of hard to keep playing when you're injured and not playing.

Also, Goran Dragic its still developing, if you're going to build around a guy it should be Goran. Kyle Lowry has peaked to his potential, Goran in the other hand can still better his game.

Lowry clutch. :lol:lol

djohn2oo8
05-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Um, Lowry's defense has fallen off quite a bit even before the injury, and he started flopping more and more. Dragic is actually a very capable defender, and was a big reason the Rockets stayed in the hunt for the playoffs. There was just no reliable backup PG behind Dragic, meaning Dragic had to carry the team game in and game out, which he did for remainder of the season but eventually took its toll on him. Lowry has reached his peak, Goran is still developing, and doesn't throw his teammates or coaches under the bus.

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 06:55 PM
1) Dragic is a terrible defender :lol? Where'd you get that? He's a way better defender than fatass Lowry.

2) They went from March 7th on (when Lowry went down). During the stretch when Lowry was injured and Dragic was the point guard, they went 9-6, so idk where the "losing record" part comes in. I'm not sure what Dragic is supposed lead that mediocre roster to either.

3) :lol comparing Dragic's near-30 game stretch to Lin's 7 game stretch

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Dragic and Lowry are both not guys you can "build around" really.

Reck
05-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Kidd K was obviously talking out of his ass.

I bet he didn't watch a single Rockets game.

mavs>spurs
05-26-2012, 07:14 PM
dragic is an above average defender imho

Kobayagi
05-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Dragic and Lowry are both not guys you can "build around" really.

One of them apparently thinks he IS the guy you can build around.

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 08:20 PM
LOL bad comparison.

Lin got the Knicks out of the pit that is the east and catapulted them into the playoffs. Kind of hard to keep playing when you're injured and not playing.

Also, Goran Dragic its still developing, if you're going to build around a guy it should be Goran. Kyle Lowry has peaked to his potential, Goran in the other hand can still better his game.

Lowry clutch. :lol:lol

Not a bad comparison at all. When "Lin" had his little run, 9 of the 12 teams the Knicks played during that span were under .500. most of which were under .400. of the 3 teams that weren't under .500, one of them was a massively injured and stumbling Hawks team. Another was an at the time struggling Mavs team.

So nearly that entire run was against garbage ass teams. I argued with people on other forums about Lin, saying that I guarantee he won't be good as soon as the Knicks start to play good teams (FYI, the Knicks had the weakest strength of schedule a very large amount of the season). I even guaranteed he'd suck as soon as they started to play legit teams. What happened? Lin's FG% dropped to around 30%, his turnovers were high as hell, and he wasn't even getting many assists either. He was terrible as soon as they started playing real teams. Not a bunch of soft teams.

During that atrociously annoying "Linsanity" crap, these are the opponents the Knicks played and their records at the time, in order:

vs Nets (8-17)

vs Jazz (13-10)

@ Wizards (5-21)

vs Lakers (15-12)

@ Wolves (13-15)

@ Raptors (9-21)

vs Kings (10-19)

vs Hornets (7-23)

vs Dallas (20-12)

vs Nets (10-24)

vs Hawks (19-14, but no Horford or Johnson playing)

So not only did they barely play any road games, but any ones they did were against garbage ass teams. Their "great win" over LA was against them when they were struggling at 15-12, not rolling late in the season. The Hawks were severely hurt and playing very shorthanded. The Mavs win was the only one that was impressive at all.

If you take out the Hawks and Mavs games (I'm calling the Mavs win legit, so I'm not ignoring it), the collevtive record of the remaining teams they played in that stretch of time was a pathetic 90-162. A combined win% of just .357%.

I'm supposed to be impressed with that? They played garbage teams. I could go even further and post their terrible defensive ratings too, but I don't think I need to.

Immediately after that, the Knicks started to play good teams. Heat, Cavs, Celtics, Mavs, Spurs, Bucks, 76ers, Bulls. During that stretch, they were 1-7 with their one win being against the garbage Cavs.

Lin wasn't willing the Knicks to victory. They were just playing weak ass teams with a win % of .357%. They're supposed to beat those weakling teams that are tanking for draft picks.

Also, hilariously, the game against the Heat, Lin's first game against a real team during "Linsanity", Jeremy Lin set an NBA record for only player in history to take over 10 shots, shoot under 10% from the field, and turn the ball over 8+ times and have less than half as many assists as his turnovers. In other words, candidate for worst game in NBA history.

So don't tell me that's not a good comparison. Lin was only good against scrub teams, and choked against legit teams. Dragic closed the season 2-7 to lose the Rocket's playoff spot they had nearly all season. Rockets were under .500 with Dragic starting (13-15), including the late season chokejob of 2-7, meanwhile were above .500 when he didn't.

As for your last comment, how is Dragic "still developing" and Lowry isn't? They're the same age, only 2 months apart.

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 08:26 PM
1) Dragic is a terrible defender :lol? Where'd you get that? He's a way better defender than fatass Lowry.

2) They went from March 7th on (when Lowry went down). During the stretch when Lowry was injured and Dragic was the point guard, they went 9-6, so idk where the "losing record" part comes in. I'm not sure what Dragic is supposed lead that mediocre roster to either.

3) :lol comparing Dragic's near-30 game stretch to Lin's 7 game stretch

k.

Kyle Lowry defensive rating: 104 points per 100 possessions.

Dragic defensive rating: 106 points per 100 possessions.

Rockets gave up less points with Lowry on the floor and more with Dragic.

Rockets' record with Dragic starting is under .500. Look at his stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dragigo01/gamelog/2012/

Rockets are clearly 13-15 with Dragic starting. They were 21-17 when he didn't start.

Losing record comes in because you aren't including their chokejob 2-7 close to the season when Dragic was still starting and getting full minutes. You're confused because you're cherry picking a small stretch of games and stopped counting as soon as he starts going on a losing streak.

Kidd K was obviously talking out of his ass.

I bet he didn't watch a single Rockets game.

I just posted a bunch of stats about it. So maybe you can stop being a dipshit and actually look stuff up before YOU start talking out of YOUR ass.

Reck
05-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Not a bad comparison at all. When "Lin" had his little run, 9 of the 12 teams the Knicks played during that span were under .500. most of which were under .400. of the 3 teams that weren't under .500, one of them was a massively injured and stumbling Hawks team. Another was an at the time struggling Mavs team.

So nearly that entire run was against garbage ass teams. I argued with people on other forums about Lin, saying that I guarantee he won't be good as soon as the Knicks start to play good teams (FYI, the Knicks had the weakest strength of schedule a very large amount of the season). I even guaranteed he'd suck as soon as they started to play legit teams. What happened? Lin's FG% dropped to around 30%, his turnovers were high as hell, and he wasn't even getting many assists either. He was terrible as soon as they started playing real teams. Not a bunch of soft teams.

During that atrociously annoying "Linsanity" crap, these are the opponents the Knicks played and their records at the time, in order:

vs Nets (8-17)

vs Jazz (13-10)

@ Wizards (5-21)

vs Lakers (15-12)

@ Wolves (13-15)

@ Raptors (9-21)

vs Kings (10-19)

vs Hornets (7-23)

vs Dallas (20-12)

vs Nets (10-24)

vs Hawks (19-14, but no Horford or Johnson playing)

So not only did they barely play any road games, but any ones they did were against garbage ass teams. Their "great win" over LA was against them when they were struggling at 15-12, not rolling late in the season. The Hawks were severely hurt and playing very shorthanded. The Mavs win was the only one that was impressive at all.

If you take out the Hawks and Mavs games (I'm calling the Mavs win legit, so I'm not ignoring it), the collevtive record of the remaining teams they played in that stretch of time was a pathetic 90-162. A combined win% of just .357%.

I'm supposed to be impressed with that? They played garbage teams. I could go even further and post their terrible defensive ratings too, but I don't think I need to.

Immediately after that, the Knicks started to play good teams. Heat, Cavs, Celtics, Mavs, Spurs, Bucks, 76ers, Bulls. During that stretch, they were 1-7 with their one win being against the garbage Cavs.

Lin wasn't willing the Knicks to victory. They were just playing weak ass teams with a win % of .357%. They're supposed to beat those weakling teams that are tanking for draft picks.

Also, hilariously, the game against the Heat, Lin's first game against a real team during "Linsanity", Jeremy Lin set an NBA record for only player in history to take over 10 shots, shoot under 10% from the field, and turn the ball over 8+ times and have less than half as many assists as his turnovers. In other words, candidate for worst game in NBA history.

So don't tell me that's not a good comparison. Lin was only good against scrub teams, and choked against legit teams. Dragic closed the season 2-7 to lose the Rocket's playoff spot they had nearly all season. Rockets were under .500 with Dragic starting (13-15), including the late season chokejob of 2-7, meanwhile were above .500 when he didn't.

As for your last comment, how is Dragic "still developing" and Lowry isn't? They're the same age, only 2 months apart.

k.

Kyle Lowry defensive rating: 104 points per 100 possessions.

Dragic defensive rating: 106 points per 100 possessions.

Rockets gave up less points with Lowry on the floor and more with Dragic.

Rockets' record with Dragic starting is under .500. Look at his stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dragigo01/gamelog/2012/

Rockets are clearly 13-15 with Dragic starting. They were 21-17 when he didn't start.

Losing record comes in because you aren't including their chokejob 2-7 close to the season when Dragic was still starting and getting full minutes. You're confused because you're cherry picking a small stretch of games and stopped counting as soon as he starts going on a losing streak.

I just posted a bunch of stats about it. So maybe you can stop being a dipshit and actually look stuff up before YOU start talking out of YOUR ass.

http://i2.lulzimg.com/71a59c9799.gif

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't care if you read it. You were wrong to begin with and by posting that all you do is prove you're too much of a failure to win an argument against me.

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Their defensive RAPM was similar this season, I don't see much of a difference in their defense, nor in their overall impact..

They're interchangeable IMO, both quality starting PGs..however, Dragic seemingly has a better attitude and seems less high-maintenance, while Lowry's attitude could eventually become a locker room problem, tbh..

I'd keep Dragic, but they're about equal IMO..

Reck
05-26-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't care if you read it. You were wrong to begin with and by posting that all you do is prove you're too much of a failure to win an argument against me.

http://208.116.9.205/10/content/7091/1.jpg

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Must be since you keep desperately attempting to save face by posting internet meme pics.

Reck
05-26-2012, 09:19 PM
rofl

I'm just having fun at the expense of you.

Comparing Lin's good stretch to Dragic good stretch are not comparable, 2, saying Dragic is a terrible defender and then saying Lowry its a much better player overall, 3, saying fattie Lowry is clutch, 4, Lowry not being able to at least give Rockets hope.

You're so full of lols its not even worth the trouble argueing with your dumbass self.

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 09:38 PM
You're having fun at the expense of yourself, because your two shitty arguments got destroyed with facts and statistics.

Your irrelevant opinion about Lowry's conditioning doesn't change the reality of the situation either. I posted facts proving my point. You've just posted your lame opinion and a couple of meme pics.

No facts and baseless opinions = worthless. You're just pissing in the wind at this point. :downspin:

Reck
05-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Keep telling yourself that. :lol

Goran Dragic
05-26-2012, 10:23 PM
rofl this Kidd K fuckstick is quickly becoming the new GNSF bottom bitch

Pelicans78
05-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I've been hoping the Hornets can sign Dragic this offseason to pair him next to Gordon and focus on the front court in the draft. Can't believe some dumbass Hornet fans want to trade the 10th pick for fatass Lowry.

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Three scenarios likely for Lowry

1. Lowry moved for a top 10 draft pick
2. Lowry to LA in a deal for Gasol along with Martin or Scola
3. Lowry to Orlando as part of a deal for Dwight

Spurs da champs
05-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Only the Lakers deal seems plausible the other one's really are a bit of stretch; Lowry isn't worth that much.

DPG21920
05-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Lowry is not fetching a top 10 pick IMO.

Dick Jones
05-27-2012, 10:49 AM
The Rockets had to acquire Dragic because they made a mistake. Now it's time to erase that mistake. They're cashing you out, Kyle.

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Only the Lakers deal seems plausible the other one's really are a bit of stretch; Lowry isn't worth that much.
He isn't, however teams overpay all the time, you just have to find the right teams to bait. Maybe trade Kyle and one of our picks to move up .Not trading both picks to move up.

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I was reading different forums and alot of Toronto fans seem to want him for their pick. Hoping their FO would do it. But at some point, Morey has to go. Les has also crippled this franchise by constantly refusing to tank.

tesseractive
05-27-2012, 11:33 AM
I was reading different forums and alot of Toronto fans seem to want him for their pick. Hoping their FO would do it. But at some point, Morey has to go. Les has also crippled this franchise by constantly refusing to tank.

Seriously? You want to dump you GM for trying to win?

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Seriously? You want to dump you GM for trying to win?
lol, I want him gone b/c of his insistent use of statistical analysis that has gotten us a team full of role players. That's Les' fault too, however, Morey overvalues his trade assets and ends up holding on to players too long, driving down value. I really feel like this FO is really arrogant to have not accomplished anything. We need a direction, and so far there isn't one. He should be gone for THAT.

GuerillaBlack
05-27-2012, 11:51 AM
lol, I want him gone b/c of his insistent use of statistical analysis that has gotten us a team full of role players. That's Les' fault too, however, Morey overvalues his trade assets and ends up holding on to players too long, driving down value. I really feel like this FO is really arrogant to have not accomplished anything. We need a direction, and so far there isn't one. He should be gone for THAT.

Agreed. It's Morey's fault that his two superstars were injured and his owner won't let him tank like he wanted to. The Rockets aren't an old team either. Morey needs to stop drafting good players in the second round and late first, so the Rockets can suck better.

Pelicans78
05-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I have to agree with Djohn. The Rockets have been a perennial 9th seed. They're trying to win constantly, but its getting them no where. Luckily for the Hornets, Stern intervened in the Paul/Gasol trade, but the Rockets need to dump Scola's contract and start over with a new group.

Kai
05-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Rockets might have had a better record with Lowry starting, but I think that has more to do with the fact that Dragic (and Lee) were the first subs off the bench. Once Dragic was starting, the backup was Earl motherfuckin Boykins, and Kevin Martin got hurt before Lowry and never came back. Our depth was non-existent once he started and because of that the entire team was getting worn down towards the end.

Kai
05-27-2012, 12:26 PM

Morey was brought in to better the team around Yao and McGrady. He did an amazing job doing that. Unfortunately Yao and T-Mac were always hurt. Now Les Alexander is demanding that we rebuild on the fly and find a way to get better without getting worse first. No team has ever rebuilt without having a losing record, and for some reason Les thinks we can be the first. He has Morey's nuts in a vice grip.

I don't think over values his assets, he's just smart enough to no take on bloated contracts for sub-par "stars." He knows that most of the guys with max contracts are not worth it. He reportedly was very close to getting Deron before Utah shipped him to NJ to keep him out of conference. He pushed hard for Melo, and if you believe the story on clutchfans we had a deal agreed upon to get Dwight a couple hours before he waived his ETO. Morey knows you need a legit max player to win a championship, and he doesn't want to shit away his assets to get guys like Joe Johnson and Rashard Lewis.

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Agreed. It's Morey's fault that his two superstars were injured and his owner won't let him tank like he wanted to. The Rockets aren't an old team either. Morey needs to stop drafting good players in the second round and late first, so the Rockets can suck better.
How many are superstars?

Kai
05-27-2012, 12:42 PM
How many are superstars?

None. Morey can do a great job at filling in a team around stars. I would love to tank as much as you, but Les wont have it. All we can do is hope and pray that we finally snag the star that we were told would come. :bang

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Morey was brought in to better the team around Yao and McGrady. He did an amazing job doing that. Unfortunately Yao and T-Mac were always hurt. Now Les Alexander is demanding that we rebuild on the fly and find a way to get better without getting worse first. No team has ever rebuilt without having a losing record, and for some reason Les thinks we can be the first. He has Morey's nuts in a vice grip.

I don't think over values his assets, he's just smart enough to no take on bloated contracts for sub-par "stars." He knows that most of the guys with max contracts are not worth it. He reportedly was very close to getting Deron before Utah shipped him to NJ to keep him out of conference. He pushed hard for Melo, and if you believe the story on clutchfans we had a deal agreed upon to get Dwight a couple hours before he waived his ETO. Morey knows you need a legit max player to win a championship, and he doesn't want to shit away his assets to get guys like Joe Johnson and Rashard Lewis.
"Almost" does not win rings. That's the problem with this franchise, what good is missing the playoffs year after year if you're not going to get a high pick? Yeah Les is at fault for his no tank policy, but this has to do with the fans too. When there is no pressure to win, then mediocrity is accepted and we get to this predicament. That results from hearing the same thing each year, "we ALMOST made a big trade", or "We're going to be predatory" come the trade deadline. A majority of this is on Les, however the players Morey drafts in the first round so far can't even get on the floor.

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Last point. It's becoming a trend of acquiring players that aren't mentally tough and don't know how to keep their mouths shut in public.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Rockets might have had a better record with Lowry starting, but I think that has more to do with the fact that Dragic (and Lee) were the first subs off the bench. Once Dragic was starting, the backup was Earl motherfuckin Boykins, and Kevin Martin got hurt before Lowry and never came back. Our depth was non-existent once he started and because of that the entire team was getting worn down towards the end.
Courtney Lee just sucks to begin with :lol

He had a good rookie season in Orlando but he's not an NBA caliber SG.

Kai
05-27-2012, 01:11 PM
"Almost" does not win rings. That's the problem with this franchise, what good is missing the playoffs year after year if you're not going to get a high pick? Yeah Les is at fault for his no tank policy, but this has to do with the fans too. When there is no pressure to win, then mediocrity is accepted and we get to this predicament. That results from hearing the same thing each year, "we ALMOST made a big trade", or "We're going to be predatory" come the trade deadline. A majority of this is on Les, however the players Morey drafts in the first round so far can't even get on the floor.

I agree that the Rockets situation sucks ass. We're on the mediocrity treadmill.

Morey first rounders don't see the floor? He has drafted Aaron Brooks, Nicolas Batum (parlayed into Ron Artest), Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, and Donatas Motiejunas. Morris is the only one you can point to, and a lot of that has to do with how well Parsons turned out. He's going into his second year, the jury is clearly still out.

Last point. It's becoming a trend of acquiring players that aren't mentally tough and don't know how to keep their mouths shut in public.

That's the NBA.

Kai
05-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Courtney Lee just sucks to begin with :lol

He had a good rookie season in Orlando but he's not an NBA caliber SG.

beats having Trevor Ariza for 3 times the price :lol

Indazone
05-27-2012, 01:19 PM
:lol :tu

Djohn you're still an amateur peezocker.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 01:24 PM
lol Scolarules
lol "Playing Yao 20 minutes a game will be a really successful strategy!"

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM
At least they know how to tank. N.O. will have found a franchise player, have a winning record and have won a round in the playoffs before the Rockets get off the mediocrity treadmill.

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 01:27 PM
:lol :tu

This cocksmoker thinks Yao should come back to be a bench player :lol

djohn2oo8
05-27-2012, 01:35 PM
That's the NBA.
Maybe, but how many mentally tough players do the Rockets have besides Parsons and Dragic?

Kidd K
05-27-2012, 02:14 PM
rofl this Kidd K fuckstick is quickly becoming the new GNSF bottom bitch

Coming from a Suns fan with a Goran Dragic user name, I can comfortably not give a shit about your irrelevant butthurt opinion in a Dragic thread.

Reck
05-27-2012, 02:21 PM
lol rookie

LiamNeeson'shero
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Morrey has always wanted a big man since yao went down so lowry + scola for pau would make sense

m>s
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
This cocksmoker thinks Yao should come back to be a bench player :lol

yao still not a bad one to have for his size & experience imho, only if he can still walk :lol

LkrFan
05-27-2012, 05:38 PM
lol Scolarules
lol "Playing Yao 20 minutes a game will be a really successful strategy!"

Man I :lmao at your sig everytime you post. :lol

sendman
05-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Coming from a Suns fan with a Goran Dragic user name, I can comfortably not give a shit about your irrelevant butthurt opinion in a Dragic thread.
Why do you rock this avatar that shows that you like to suck dick?
Is that relevant?

DAF86
05-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Gasol for Lowry/Scola wouldn't be a good trade for LA. What LA needs to do is surround Kobe, Bynum and Pau with three point shooters. Playing Goudelock would be a start, I'm sure they could find a PG with decent defense and a good three point stroke somewhere and maybe make a trade to ship Artest, Barnes, Murphy and/or Blake for a SF with a reliable jumper.