PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Spurs, for a Great Season!

1Parker1
06-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Regardless of what happens tonight, it has been an amazing season. Through 3 ankle injuries, many thigh contusions, a spectacular 48 pt game, 2 back to back double OT wins, and a soon to be Finals Game 7, this has been a memorable season for Spurs fans that we will not forget anytime soon.

Also, thanks to everyone at Spurstalk for all the crazy, sometimes funny threads, heated debates, and fun chats!

I hope every season can be as great and memorable for Spurs fans as the 2004-2005 season has been. I have never experienced so many highs and lows--one minute I wanted to kill the Spurs and trade every player on the team, the next minute I wanted to hug each and every one of them.

Here's to many more great season's and hopefully many more Game 7's in the future!

P.S You better win tonight, Spurs! :)

spurschick
06-23-2005, 08:20 AM
It has certainly been a rollercoaster ride, but a lot of fun. Cheers! :elephant

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Thankyou 1Parker1, you are been great this year as well as everyone else in chat.

I also want to thank my Spurs, win, lose or draw....er....I do not think they will let them tie...oh well, either win or lose, you are still my team and I know that you gave your best and that is all any fan can ask of his team.

It has been a great season, filled with ups and down, thank God more ups than downs, and I appreciate that I had a great team to watch all season but I will be saddened somewhat having this great season end, even if we win.

A victory will be bittersweet because I have to wait over 4 months for the next season to start, but if the Spurs win, at least I can relish the whole season, even the Finals.

It was also nice meeting new fans in here as well as visiting with old friends and new friends. This forum is great, but I have found out that I need to pace myself more next year.....I mean 21K posts is a bit over the top. :)

Wildcat Spur
06-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Amen!

Win or lose tonight, it has been a great season and the Spurs are the greatest!

Let's hope we're all celebrating tomorrow, but if not, think of the fans of the other 28 teams who wish they could be sitting in front of their TV's tonight pulling for their team.

GO SPURS GO!

IceColdBrewski
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
A "great" season ends with a Championship. Period.

easjer
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Amen, brother!

It's been a wild ride, here's hoping they can finish it off the right way. The Spurs have had an incredible year, and should finish strong and proud whatever happens!

GO SPURS GO!

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 08:44 AM
:elephant I Love My Spurs!!! :elephant

Your right 1P1 , this has been a great season. I wish it could go on forever. :fro
I just want to thank my Spurs for al lthe great games this year, and wish them luck tonight !! I want a victory!!!!

Can't wait for next season! I can't handle that after tonight it'll be months before they play again. :depressed

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 08:45 AM
It will be a great season if we win tonight. If we lose tonight, it will be a failure. Just because we were up 3-2, w/2 at home.

sa_butta
06-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the great season, but lets make it
even greater and just win tonight. I think we all
the relief of a Spurs Championship win.

ALVAREZ6
06-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Thank You for this great season, it sure has been fun!

I just hope the Spurs get what they deserve...another NBA Title.

GO SPURS GO!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-23-2005, 08:51 AM
I will reserve judgement on the quality of this season for after tonight's game. It's alot easier to be a spurs fan than most any other fan in this league though. Big props to the Silver and Black, and to the good folks on this board who I don't hate.

1Parker1
06-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I know it will suck big time if we lose tonight, and it may take a while for fans to recover. However, I think many people are forgetting the 104 games that got the Spurs to this point. If the road to the Finals were so easy, winning wouldn't be as sweet. Think about all the obstacles that the Spurs had to overcome this year. To win tonight, despite all that will be great.

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 09:32 AM
It was a great season, period.

How many other teams would take what the Spurs have now?

Only one team can win, and the odds are that your team will not win it all, so it is great just to still be watching you team in late June.
The future for this team is very bright, unlike 99, when the window of opportunity for winning was closing because of the age of all the players. This team is young, they are signed on till the end of the decade, they will get better and better.

The future is so bright in SA, I have to wear shades.:)

GO SPURS GO!!!

1Parker1
06-23-2005, 10:32 AM
"The future is so bright in SA, I have to wear shades."

Oh gosh, corniest thing you've ever said Jimbo....:lol

cmc$purs
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
GREAT THREAD 1P1 SPURSTALK KICKS ASS KORI IS THE BEST :princess

GO SPURS GO

THE SPURS MAKE ME PROUD TONITE :elephant :elephant

saturday is better for me anyway with all the :smokin :drunk :elephant :makeout :bling :rollin

bigzak25
06-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks Spurs. Make us proud tonight. ;)

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 11:01 AM
"The future is so bright in SA, I have to wear shades."

Oh gosh, corniest thing you've ever said Jimbo....:lol

:lol

It was a quote from a song, so don't blame me.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2005, 11:02 AM
win or lose i bleed black n white.

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
win or lose i bleed black n white.

You really should see a doctor about that.

:)

TheDebonairOne
06-23-2005, 11:39 AM
and thank you pistons for another great season! congrats to spurs as well. fa...

sa_butta
06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
win or lose i bleed black n white.Dont you mean black and silver.

T Park
06-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Its only a great season if you win a ring.

This holds true for any other year, but if you dont win a ring, the season is a failure.

Just the god's honest truth.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
i agree with T PARK

EasilyAmused
06-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Thank you 1parker1 for this post. It is nice to FINALLY read a positive post instead of the gloom and doom I will die, Spurs don’t want it, and how it will be sad, blah, blah, blah

It really has been a great season and I can’t wait till it starts all over again.

Thank You Spurs!

This series has been great. I think some people are forgetting that the Detroit Pistons are the World champs and that the Spurs are truly the underdog. Put for us to be here in a game 7 is a testament of how both teams are truly great.

It really has been a great fight and I have loved every minute of it. Now, It is a do or die and I can’t wait to see what happens (Let's hope the Spurs prevail)!

GO SPURS GO! :elephant

ca®lo
06-23-2005, 12:26 PM
whatever.

JUST GO AND WIN SPURS!

thanks for the fantastic season!

props to y'all and to everyone here on spurstalk!