View Full Version : The Shadiest Moments In NBA Playoff History

UZER
05-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted

Some interesting things in here....

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7qbW

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 08:43 PM
I dunno about a couple of those, but most are pretty true.

I don't agree with: The league supposedly being out to get the Suns in 2007. The NBA loved the Suns, and surely didn't want SA winning again (screwjob against SA twice in the following year, and also in the year before that is proof enough of that). Can't really complain about one call on a flop, but Amar'e suspension had nothing to do with that ref, the league suspended him for leaving the bench during an altercation (that rule is black and white, even if it's just one or two steps). Horry, in contrast, was suspended TWO games just for bumping Nash into the padded table. A foul, that, imo, was not worthy of a one game suspension much less two. The foul Haslem hit that Pacer with earlier in this current playoffs was MUCH harder, not to mention Wade's tackle which not only didn't result in a suspension but wasn't even called a flagrant 2.

And the "push off" in 1998 by Jordan. . .the guy says "but nobody remembers why he was alone". . .everybody knows he pushed him slightly :P The guy flopped though. It wasn't a hard push imo.

Mugen
05-26-2012, 08:51 PM
:lol any ref that would have called a pushoff on MJ would have been murdered after the game and rightfully so.

Game 6 is no doubt the worst officiated qtr in history and the league obv wanted the Lakers to 3peat. But the Kings win that series anyways with a rebound or Cwebb/Peja not choking like the pussies they were.

Axe Murderer
05-26-2012, 08:58 PM
most are pretty true.

I don't agree with: The league supposedly being out to get the Suns in 2007.

who out there didn't see DET one coming i saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddd ddddd

Kidd K
05-26-2012, 09:06 PM
who out there didn't see DET one coming i saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddd ddddd

So you really think the NBA preferred to have the lowest rated Finals team since the 80's to be in the playoffs instead of the very hyped league darling Suns that were the bandwagon western conference team that year?

Cool story bro.

Spurologist
05-26-2012, 09:44 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2383/mensnbamoments03stevena.jpg

:lmao

Mugen
05-26-2012, 09:50 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2383/mensnbamoments03stevena.jpg

:lol thanks again Amare

DeadlyDynasty
05-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Kings lost all sympathy when they went 16-30 from the FT line in Game 7. Make just one more FT and that game ends in regulation.

Jacob1983
05-26-2012, 10:14 PM
The NBA is the only sport that props ups its refs/umps pretty much on the same level as they do their players. I have bitched about this before and I will again in this thread. I don't know the name of any ref or umpire in baseball, football, or hockey yet I can name at least a handful in the NBA.
That shit shouldn't happen. We should not know the names of any of the refs or umpires because we shouldn't have to pay attention to them. However, in the NBA, a ref has so much power and control over the outcome of the game that it's impossible to not pay attention to them.

Latarian Milton
05-27-2012, 05:35 AM
I dunno about a couple of those, but most are pretty true.

I don't agree with: The league supposedly being out to get the Suns in 2007. The NBA loved the Suns, and surely didn't want SA winning again (screwjob against SA twice in the following year, and also in the year before that is proof enough of that). Can't really complain about one call on a flop, but Amar'e suspension had nothing to do with that ref, the league suspended him for leaving the bench during an altercation (that rule is black and white, even if it's just one or two steps). Horry, in contrast, was suspended TWO games just for bumping Nash into the padded table. A foul, that, imo, was not worthy of a one game suspension much less two. The foul Haslem hit that Pacer with earlier in this current playoffs was MUCH harder, not to mention Wade's tackle which not only didn't result in a suspension but wasn't even called a flagrant 2.

And the "push off" in 1998 by Jordan. . .the guy says "but nobody remembers why he was alone". . .everybody knows he pushed him slightly :P The guy flopped though. It wasn't a hard push imo.
nash's bleeding nose didn't lie tbh

Twisted_Dawg
05-27-2012, 08:16 AM
This wirtier did an admmirable job. Any writer that has the balls to expose NBA officiating is admirable.

I would like to add the 1979 ECF of SAS vs Washington. Perhaps one of the most blatant series of crooked NBA officiating.

The 2002 WCF finals of LAL vs SAC. So obvious all the calls that helped LAL beat a better SAC team highlighted by the rape of Mike Bibby by Kobe.

While the Mavericks did get a series screwing in the 2006 finals, the writer fails to mention the 2006 WCF of SAS vs DAL. SAS got the same series screw job the MAVs got against Miami in the finals.

And last, in 2010 Finals against the Lakers, the Celtics got the same series screw job that DAL got in the 2006 Finals, and SAS got in the 2006 WCF.

Mel_13
05-27-2012, 09:12 AM
From the article:

Game 3, 2007 Western Conference Semifinals

This game serves as Exhibit A in the case against Tim Donaghy, the referee who admitted to influencing the outcome of NBA games in relation to gambling lines. Donaghy’s worst offense was a call he made in the second quarter that was at least two seconds after a play under the basket. Donaghy was at halfcourt at the time and the ref under the rim didn’t blow the whistle. It went against the Suns.

Nice story, except for the little fact that Donaghy did not referee that game.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Nice story, except for the little fact that Donaghy did not referee that game.
Really? Tim Donaghy didn't ref game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals in 2007?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270512024

At the bottom, where it says:

Officials: Greg Willard , Tim Donaghy , Eddie F. Rush

Is that some ESPN conspiracy against the Spurs :lmao

Mel_13
05-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Really? Tim Donaghy didn't ref game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals in 2007?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270512024

At the bottom, where it says:

Officials: Greg Willard , Tim Donaghy , Eddie F. Rush

Is that some ESPN conspiracy against the Spurs :lmao

My mistake.

The picture used to accompany the verbiage was of Horry's hit on Nash in Game 4. I looked up the crew for Game 4.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Well in that case yeah I agree that picture is a retarded one to use for what he wrote.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 09:32 AM
But that's what you get with Bleacher Reporter :lol

Sec24Row7
05-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Another that no one talks about because the Spurs won the game... Game 6 of the 2003 semis against the lakers... spurs are up big, and they call 3 fouls on Kevin Willis in like the first 2 minutes of the 4th quarter trying to get the lakers to the line... Didn't matter though... Spurs blew the doors off.... funny it is the year right after the Sac Kings series...

Jodelo
05-27-2012, 10:52 AM
This wirtier did an admmirable job. Any writer that has the balls to expose NBA officiating is admirable.

I would like to add the 1979 ECF of SAS vs Washington. Perhaps one of the most blatant series of crooked NBA officiating.

The 2002 WCF finals of LAL vs SAC. So obvious all the calls that helped LAL beat a better SAC team highlighted by the rape of Mike Bibby by Kobe.

While the Mavericks did get a series screwing in the 2006 finals, the writer fails to mention the 2006 WCF of SAS vs DAL. SAS got the same series screw job the MAVs got against Miami in the finals.

And last, in 2010 Finals against the Lakers, the Celtics got the same series screw job that DAL got in the 2006 Finals, and SAS got in the 2006 WCF.

spursncowboys
05-27-2012, 11:10 AM
:lol thanks again Amare
Combine that with Amar's push-ups and he is the gift that keeps on giving.

ambchang
05-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Lol at lakers apologists claiming that the kings shouldkve done better in gme 7 when there shouldn't even BE a Game 7.

The whole point of a 7 game series is to determine which of the two teams are the better of the 2 in 4 out of a max of 7 games. And the Kings obviously were. Too bad you have to be better in 5 out of the 7 games.

tesseractive
05-27-2012, 11:22 AM

A lot of Spurs fans were pissed at the officiating in that series, while Mav fans laughed at the whole whining about the refs thing.

Sometimes karma's a bitch. :lol

Jodelo
05-27-2012, 12:07 PM
A lot of Spurs fans were pissed at the officiating in that series, while Mav fans laughed at the whole whining about the refs thing.

Mavs: 28, 43, 50, 32, 19, 20, 31 = 223
Spurs: 30, 37, 32, 32, 31, 34, 39 = 235

Mavs: 26, 28, 26, 27, 25, 23 = 155
Heat: 19, 32, 34, 36, 49, 37 = 207

Yep, same screw job...

MavDynasty
05-27-2012, 12:09 PM

Yep, same screw job...

:lmao the goods

mercos
05-27-2012, 12:19 PM
The Kings-Lakers and Mavs-Heat stand out the most to me. In 02 I really thought the Kings were a better team, but it wasn't by much. They probably should have made the finals though. The Mavs-Heat series was an absolute robbery, because the Heat were nowhere near as good as the Mavs. I have a sneaking suspicion the same crime could be repeated this year, only with Lebron AND Wade marching to the line repeatedly.

MavDynasty
05-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Tbh Mavs did choke in Game 3 and then not even show up in game 4 but that series was bullshit with shady calls starting to show in game 2

Didn't wade win game 5 in OT on the line?

Venti Quattro
05-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Lol at lakers apologists claiming that the kings shouldkve done better in gme 7 when there shouldn't even BE a Game 7.

The whole point of a 7 game series is to determine which of the two teams are the better of the 2 in 4 out of a max of 7 games. And the Kings obviously were. Too bad you have to be better in 5 out of the 7 games.

You're right -- there shouldn't have been a game 7. There shouldn't even have been a Game 6. But the Kings blew a 20 point lead and failed to rebound with two hands in Game 4.

Axe Murderer
05-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Great article! Fuck the Lakers and everyone else!!!!111111

:madrun but how dare he think my :cry classy Spurs :cry didn't earn the title the right way :madrun :cry :cry :cry

HomerFan092120
05-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Yep, same screw job...

God fucking Dammit!!!1 We're the Spurs we deserved those calls!!!!

mavs>spurs
05-27-2012, 02:16 PM
^that is telling, but i always hate it whenever people post raw ft count or raw foul totals to say one team got more calls than the other. the nba will many times start evening up the foul tally in the closing minutes with some cheap fouls in order to even up the disparity..even though the game has already been decided. that's why you can't just look at the raw numbers, they do this all the time.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Hey Justin, do you wanna hear my favorite Tommy Nunez story?

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 02:30 PM
So glad you asked!

My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest.
Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

HomerFan092120
05-27-2012, 02:36 PM
So glad you asked!

My favorite Tommy Nunez story is from the 2007 playoffs when the San Antonio Spurs were able to get past the Phoenix Suns in the second round. Of course, what many fans didn't know was that Phoenix had someone working against them behind the scenes. Nunez was the group supervisor for that playoff series, and he definitely had a rooting interest.
Nunez loved the Hispanic community in San Antonio and had a lot of friends there. He had been a referee for 30 years and loved being on the road; in fact, he said that the whole reason he had become a group supervisor was to keep getting out of the house. So Nunez wanted to come back to San Antonio for the conference finals. Plus, he, like many other referees, disliked Suns owner Robert Sarver for the way he treated officials. Both of these things came into play when he prepared the referees for the games in the staff meetings. I remember laughing with him and saying, "You would love to keep coming back here." He was pointing out everything that Phoenix was able to get away with and never once told us to look for anything in regard to San Antonio. Nunez should have a championship ring on his finger.

Wow......really bro?

I just get back from masturbating to my naked Rick Santorum poster and i have to read this shit?...........Why should anyone believe a convicted felon anyway?.......Donaghy is an idiot plain and simple

MavDynasty
05-27-2012, 02:37 PM

MavDynasty
05-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Wow......really bro?

I just get back from masturbating to my naked Rick Santorum poster and i have to read this shit?...........Why should anyone believe a convicted felon anyway?.......Donaghy is an idiot plain and simple

What are your thoughts on bresilhac?

HomerFan092120
05-27-2012, 02:39 PM
What are your thoughts on bresilhac?

idk but the Lakers titles are rigged.

Donaghy said so

DeadlyDynasty
05-27-2012, 02:41 PM
lol ambchang

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
lol ambchang's gorilla fetish

mavs>spurs
05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
isn't ambwang the one who denies hakeem's greatness over big shitty?

UZER
05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Every game in that series (with the exception of game 2) was close so that doesn't come into play imho.

Spurfans go to move is the "Duncan actually got fouled Dirk didn't!" card:lmao

C'mon man. I've heard people say Duncan got fouled. I've never heard anyone say Dirk didn't.

The three plays that stick out for me in that series....

1. Duncan fouling out when Dirk stepped on his foot and Duncan is backing away. Please explain this to any basketball fan.

2. Bowen getting called for a ticky tack foul on dirk and putting him at the line late in the game when they're supposed to let them play. Just like they let the Duncan foul go at the end of regulation in game 7 which btw I don't have a problem with. But why let that one go and call one on bowen 18 ft from the basket that puts Dirk at the line with seconds to go? Dirk wasn't even shooting, he was just flailing his arms and hair everywhere.

3. Terry jumping sideways and backwards into Manu after he had already drove past him. I forget which game it was but it was late in the 4th in Dallas. Should have been a no call. You can't reward a guy that makes that kind of motion. It was nowhere near a normal basketball play.

Bad calls happen and I can deal with them. But sometimes you get some that just really make you scratch your head.

MavDynasty
05-27-2012, 03:55 PM
I think we can all agree that nba PRIFESSIONAL refs are by far the worst refs/umps in pro sports. Is stern to blame?

mavs>spurs
05-27-2012, 04:01 PM
2. Bowen getting called for a ticky tack foul on dirk and putting him at the line late in the game when they're supposed to let them play. Just like they let the Duncan foul go at the end of regulation in game 7 which btw I don't have a problem with. But why let that one go and call one on bowen 18 ft from the basket that puts Dirk at the line with seconds to go? Dirk wasn't even shooting, he was just flailing his arms and hair everywhere.

if you're talking about the play where bowen came all the way across dirk's entire body and got a little ball in the process, it was a foul. you can't do that.

http://www.thenolookpass.com/Pix/bruce001.jpg

mavs>spurs
05-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Another angle. Spur fan has always cried about that like it was some kind of a clean block just because he got ball whenever it's just laughable. Came across his body to hip check him in mid air and got him on the off arm in the process.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0605/nba_g_bowennowitzki_268.jpg

Axe Murderer
05-27-2012, 04:17 PM
if you're talking about the play where bowen came all the way across dirk's entire body and got a little ball in the process, it was a foul. you can't do that.

http://www.thenolookpass.com/Pix/bruce001.jpg

:lol that wasn't even called a foul. I remember that was the game saving block in game 5 I believe.

Predictably, there was a semen cloud over San Antonio until the series was over. Although it was a nice play by Bowen :tu

UZER
05-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Some mavs fan you are if that's the way you remember it. They didn't call a foul on the play in your picture. And you got that one back with the no call on Duncan. And thanks for helping me prove my point. Why let stuff like that go in late games, but call a foul on Bowen late in game 3 or 4 in Dallas that puts Dirk on the line when he's not shooting and is 18 ft from the basket?

MavDynasty
05-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Tbh I originally wanted SA to win but after seeing the jizz hurricane upstairs this past week ("spurs in 4!") I may root OKC now just to troll gnsf when they lose

mavs>spurs
05-27-2012, 04:21 PM
:lol you'll have to excuse me for not having a savant's memory like you do, that was 6 years ago. but if bowen got away with THAT atrocity, then the foul on Duncan was well deserved.

Axe Murderer
05-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Bad calls happen and I can deal with them. But sometimes you get some that just really make you scratch your head.

Yes Dallas got a few calls that went their way. However, I can't even count how many times Duncan got bail out/ticky tack calls over the Dallas big men that Spurfans turn a blind eye too

xc5AV7kU6Ns

I was much more pissed at the treatment Duncan got in our series win than Wade got later in the Finals. Dallas just happened to win so nobody really remembers

mavs>spurs
05-27-2012, 04:23 PM
^no trust me i remember, but there is no use complaining about it after we won. that series is when i started hating duncan and realized he was as good as he was because he got a lot of ticky tac bullshit

UZER
05-27-2012, 04:45 PM
For not remembering to well it took you 2 seconds to post that picture.

And Spurs fan felt the same way about Dirk being good cuz he got ticky tack fouls. To each his own.

For me, that series was big punch to the gut as a Spurs fan. But we rang again in '07 so all's well that ends well.

Axe Murderer
05-27-2012, 04:46 PM
And Spurs fan felt the same way about Dirk being good cuz he got ticky tack fouls. To each his own.

Cool.

but i don't see how any Spurfan can say they got screwed in that series.

UZER
05-27-2012, 05:09 PM
This Spurfan never said we got screwed in that series. I said there was 3 calls that stuck out. I also said bad calls happen and some make you scratch your head. That's it.

Clipper Nation
05-27-2012, 08:48 PM
They forgot to mention the 2001 Eastern Conference Finals, where the Bucks got royally screwed over. Although I hate quoting Simmons, here goes:

To briefly recap, Philly's wins in Games 1 and 4 swung on a controversial lane violation and two egregious no-calls. The Sixers finished with advantages of 186-120 in free throws, 12-3 in technicals and 5-0 in flagrant fouls. Glenn Robinson, one of Milwaukee's top-two scorers, didn't even attempt a free throw until Game 5.

[...]

The defining game: When Philly stole a must-win Game 4 in Milwaukee despite an atrocious performance from Iverson (10-for-32 shooting), helped by a 2-to-1 free-throw advantage and a host of late calls. How one-sided was it? When an official called a harmless touch foul to send Sam Cassell to the line with two seconds left and the Bucks trailing by seven (maybe the all-time we-need-to-pad-the-free-throw-stats-so-they-don't-seem-so-lopsided-afterward call), the subsequent sarcastic standing ovation nearly morphed into the first-ever sarcastic riot.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=4746227&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d4746227

blah blah blah
05-27-2012, 09:22 PM
They forgot to mention the 2001 Eastern Conference Finals, where the Bucks got royally screwed over. Although I hate quoting Simmons, here goes:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=4746227&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d4746227

I've pointed this series out many times as the most underrated screw job ever. The Bucks should've been the ones to get massacred by us in 01.

DMC
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
It's so juvenile and naive to use total FTs or fouls called to claim the game was called evenly and fairly.

Situational foul calls can have different weights. FTs are the same way. Putting Dirk to the line isn't the same as putting Duncan to the line. Not the refs' fault Duncan doesn't shoot FTs that well, but they are well aware of it. The teams play based on the existing score, and late in games, if a ref has called more shooting fouls for one team, they could easily use a few shooting fouls the other way to alter a score. They could also call these fouls against players who already are in foul trouble, causing changes to who's on the floor (see Chauncey Billups in game 7 of the 2005 Finals).

It's constantly mentioned about the NBA. Where there's smoke there's fire, and the NBA refs have too much final say with no way of challenging their call. Fisher's 3 should have been ruled a 3 tonight regardless when it was realized. You cannot just say "that's how the game goes" and take a point from the team. That point can change how the team runs a play on the next possession.

It should be as accurate as possible always, not just in the final 2 minutes.

Out of bounds possession calls are so wishy washy, I think they fuck up half of them or more. There's a huge area for skewing scores. It might not even show up in the stats if it was a long rebound.

I also don't like how lower level players never get calls because the refs never give them the benefit of the doubt, as if the truth has to be earned.

Clipper Nation
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
I've pointed this series out many times as the most underrated screw job ever. The Bucks should've been the ones to get massacred by us in 01.
That Bucks team did sweep you guys in the regular season that year, though... just sayin'.

blah blah blah
05-28-2012, 08:46 AM
It's so juvenile and naive to use total FTs or fouls called to claim the game was called evenly and fairly.

Situational foul calls can have different weights. FTs are the same way. Putting Dirk to the line isn't the same as putting Duncan to the line. Not the refs' fault Duncan doesn't shoot FTs that well, but they are well aware of it. The teams play based on the existing score, and late in games, if a ref has called more shooting fouls for one team, they could easily use a few shooting fouls the other way to alter a score. They could also call these fouls against players who already are in foul trouble, causing changes to who's on the floor (see Chauncey Billups in game 7 of the 2005 Finals).

It's constantly mentioned about the NBA. Where there's smoke there's fire, and the NBA refs have too much final say with no way of challenging their call. Fisher's 3 should have been ruled a 3 tonight regardless when it was realized. You cannot just say "that's how the game goes" and take a point from the team. That point can change how the team runs a play on the next possession.

It should be as accurate as possible always, not just in the final 2 minutes.

Out of bounds possession calls are so wishy washy, I think they fuck up half of them or more. There's a huge area for skewing scores. It might not even show up in the stats if it was a long rebound.

I also don't like how lower level players never get calls because the refs never give them the benefit of the doubt, as if the truth has to be earned.

cool

Girasuck
05-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Jordan pushing Russell doesn't bother me that much. It's a judgement call and even though Jordan did push off, there's no way in hell a ref should call that. What bothers me about game 6 was the refs not allowing Eisley's 3 pointer and allowing Harper's jumper. Eisley's shot left his hand before the 24 second clock went off and Harper's was still in his hand after the 24 second clock expired. That's a 5 point swing the refs fucked up. If they get both those calls right, the push off doesn't even happen.

Goran Dragic
05-28-2012, 09:37 AM
^That Eisley 3 was a pretty horrible call and obviously a game changer

ambchang
05-28-2012, 10:15 AM
You're right -- there shouldn't have been a game 7. There shouldn't even have been a Game 6. But the Kings blew a 20 point lead and failed to rebound with two hands in Game 4.

There should be a Game 6. The Lakers were better in Game 4. The Kings choked in that one. I should say, the Lakers seized that one.

ambchang
05-28-2012, 10:19 AM
lol ambchang

lol ambchang's gorilla fetish

isn't ambwang the one who denies hakeem's greatness over big shitty?

Never realized I made so many people butthurt.

My apologies for continuously exposing your respective ignorance and bad takes.

Red Hawk #21
05-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Yep, same screw job...

I watched the Spurs-Mavs series back in 06 but I never went back to actually check the stats on Ft's by both teams. Now that I see this it kind of pisses me off :lol After all of these years of Spurs fans bitching about being "Robbed" and the Mavs getting screwed in the Finals the same way they got screwed in the WCF it turns out they actually had the FT advantage in the series :lmao

Yo I'm sorry but some Spur fans are fucking pathetic. Even in the most crucial games of the series (6 and 7) San Antonio held a 34-20 and 39-31 FT advantage, respectively. From now on I'm losing respect for any Spur fan who bitches about being screwed over in that series again. And don't tell me some bullshit about " :cry but Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot and they called a foul on Duncan!! :cry :cry " No STFU with that shit. The refs more than made up for that call by calling fouls on Diop and Dampier any time they tried to play D on Duncan. :rollin pathetic ass spur fan bitching about being screwed over when they shot more fucking freethrows :nope

mavs>spurs
05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Never realized I made so many people butthurt.

My apologies for continuously exposing your respective ignorance and bad takes.

:cry you're all butthurt :cry

Leetonidas
05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
:lmao @ Dallas getting 50 FTAs in one game

Leetonidas
05-28-2012, 02:50 PM
jump shooting team getting to line 50 times in one game :lol
more free throw attempts than even miami got in a game :lol

TampaDude
05-28-2012, 02:52 PM
LOL @ Mavs fans bitching about a series that happened six years ago...a series that the Mavs won. :lol

Jodelo
05-28-2012, 02:53 PM
LOL @ Mavs fans bitching about a series that happened six years ago...a series that the Mavs won. :lol

Maybe want to read the thread again?

Leetonidas
05-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Mavs won fair and square imho just crazy that they had a game in which they shot more free throws than Miami did at their highest

TampaDude
05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe want to read the thread again?

I know the thread has posts that refer to several different series, and one of them is the 2006 series between the Mavs and Spurs. Your point?

Jodelo
05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I know the thread has posts that refer to several different series, and one of them is the 2006 series between the Mavs and Spurs. Your point?

That the Spurs fans were bitching about the 2006 WCF Series...

TampaDude
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
That the Spurs fans were bitching about the 2006 WCF Series...

Karma's a bitch, ain't it???

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/AAHD037_8x10.jpg

:lol

Jodelo
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Karma... Because the Mavs got favoured against the Spurs, totally right!

Spursfan092120
05-28-2012, 03:21 PM
But that's what you get with Bleacher Reporter :lol

this

Goran Dragic
05-28-2012, 03:46 PM
jump shooting team getting to line 50 times in one game :lol
Well, Dirk and Devin Harris accounted for 34 of those 50 free throws. SA couldn't guard Dirk at all in that series and was basically trying something different with him every game, so him getting to the line that much isn't too much of a surprise. Devin Harris getting to the line 11 times isn't much of a surprise either given how mediocre his jumper was in 2006 when all he did on offense was drive.

silverblk mystix
05-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Jordan pushing Russell doesn't bother me that much. It's a judgement call and even though Jordan did push off, there's no way in hell a ref should call that. What bothers me about game 6 was the refs not allowing Eisley's 3 pointer and allowing Harper's jumper. Eisley's shot left his hand before the 24 second clock went off and Harper's was still in his hand after the 24 second clock expired. That's a 5 point swing the refs fucked up. If they get both those calls right, the push off doesn't even happen.

Jordan did push off. The whole world saw it. It should have been called. End of fuckin' story.

A foul is a foul no matter who commits it---except in the NBA.

Axe Murderer
05-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Well, Dirk and Devin Harris accounted for 34 of those 50 free throws. SA couldn't guard Dirk at all in that series and was basically trying something different with him every game, so him getting to the line that much isn't too much of a surprise. Devin Harris getting to the line 11 times isn't much of a surprise either given how mediocre his jumper was in 2006 when all he did on offense was drive.

:lol not to mention Josh Howard was more than capable of driving and Stackhouse wasn't quite a corpse yet so he could take it to the rim as well.

:lol Spurfans acting like the Mavs would shoot a jumper and then magically a foul was called

Goran Dragic
05-28-2012, 05:48 PM
:lol true. Howard, Harris and Stackhouse were all guys who scored at the rim more than anywhere else in 2006. Jason Terry still took jumpers more than anything else but back then still had the ability to drive, while the 2006 playoffs were the one time I ever saw Dirk consistently take smaller defenders to the rim. The reason they finally got past the Spurs was because of the increased amount of interior offense they had.