PDA

View Full Version : Duncan/Garnett or Rondo/Parker?..

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Which duo is more important to their respective teams in this year's playoffs?..

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Assuming you meant to write Duncan/Parker and Garnett/Rondo.

Both teams would be pretty fucked without their respective duo but easily Garnett/Rondo. The Celtics are horrible when either one is off the court.

VBM
05-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I think he meant Duncan and Garnett's importance to their respective teams vs. Parker and Rondo's importance. I think you have to go with the two big men since they still have the ability to change the game on both sides of the court.

Goran Dragic
05-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Hmmm in that case yeah definitely the big men. The Celtics' rely on KG now more than they ever did (even in 2008 when he was an MVP candidate). Now they're an undersized team that relies on him being a complete mismatch for the other team's center and him to be the anchor on defense.

With the Spurs it's a lot closer as they rely on Parker offensively more than Boston relies on Rondo but still Duncan because of the lack of reliable big men they have outside of Duncan.

Spurs da champs
05-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I think he meant Duncan and Garnett's importance to their respective teams vs. Parker and Rondo's importance. I think you have to go with the two big men since they still have the ability to change the game on both sides of the court.

I agree, especially on defense; when they're both off the floor you notice the other team attack the paint at will.

KD4MVP
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Probably the bigs, Boston looks turrible when KG is off the court.

LnGrrrR
05-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Without question KG. If Rondo could compete at a more consistent level, then the answer might be slightly harder. But Rondo doesn't come to play every game the way he can.

DMC
05-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Rondo/KG is more important to their success than Tim/Tony to the Spurs, head to head. On a season long scale, probably about even. The Spurs' bench would destroy the Celtics bench. No Parker/Duncan or Rondo/KG, Spurs win going away.

The OP is asking about duos.

LkrFan
05-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Which duo is more important to their respective teams in this year's playoffs?..

When did Duncan/Garnett become a duo? :lol

100%duncan
05-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Lkrfag with his usual stupids, we all know what he meant ya idiot.

m>s
05-27-2012, 07:10 PM
parker poses half of the team's offensive threat and TOSB's impact on the team ain't even nearly comparable tbh

LkrFan
05-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Lkrfag with his usual stupids, we all know what he meant ya idiot.

No you didn't. Don't front. :lol

LiamNeeson'shero
05-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Garnett like Duncan is the heart and soul of the celtics. Parer and Rondo both can be moody at times which inhibits their play and importance. So I would have to say Duncan and Garnett are more importanrt

dunkman
05-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Depends on the match-ups. The Heat don't have anyone to put on KG or to force him play defense. The same goes for Rondo, and LeBron can't switch on him because of Pierce. KG and Rondo will have the same impact as LeBron and Wade, perhaps some points less, with more rebounds and assists.

Latarian Milton
05-28-2012, 06:44 AM
just because we've lost bosh it doesn't mean it'll make life easier for KG tbh, haslem is the nightmare to them soft bigs. DH was the only big that we have no solution to but he's out since april imho. mavs would be fearful if they end up signing this nigga, however, as to this season we are LOCKED for the NBA fucking championship tbh