PDA

View Full Version : Are you nervous?

davidbowie
05-27-2012, 01:37 PM
I really am. Haven't felt like this in awhile. First time we're gonna be challenged this playoffs. I really wanna win one more. I wish the game would start already....

:depressed

maybe i'll just get drunk

Sisk
05-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Drink.

vander
8/10

gonna start drinking pretty soon

Sigz
Cowboy the fuck up.

spursfan1000
05-27-2012, 01:43 PM
No becausE even if we lose today thunder can't beat us 4 out of 7.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm really really nervous. This may sound kinda stupid, part of the reason I want the Spurs to win is to shut up all of the haters. I live in Eugene, OR. 99% of people here hate the Spurs. If Spurs lose to OKC then all of the sudden everyone will be bandwagon OKC fans. Of course Spurs winning matters more than shutting the idiots up, but no doubt that's icing on the cake and after hearing them for years talking about how Duncan and the Spurs are done, I'd love to throw it back in their faces.

JRHernandez88
05-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Nervous? Hell no! Im excited as fuck though. This is what the playoffs are all about. Bout to start the fire, put the drinks on Ice, Spurs in the WC finals. Texas BBQ at it's best. Lol.:hungry:

Nathan89
05-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes, I don't want to lose the first game. First game is huge.

SA210
05-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm nervous in the sense that I just always get frickin nervous on big games, media coverage, the hype, the long wait, etc.

But I'm confident in the Spurs whoopin ass. We got this.

Tp9gospursgo
05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm nervous, but excited to see the Spurs actually play a good team.

timvp
05-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Turtled, shriveled yet excited.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2012, 02:19 PM
The only factor that gives me any pause at all in this series is all the time off. Nothing can destroy momentum like a fucking week off. Nice thing is OKC has no more momentum than the Spurs do.

SA210
05-27-2012, 02:35 PM
DAMN-IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to wait a whole week for this game, and now that game day is here, today seems like a week in itself!!

Spurs need to come out and set a tone. I don't even know what the hell to do while I wait. I should go get a burger or something, pace back and forth at the mall, buy a vanilla shake, buy some blu-rays, take a nap, wake up and notice only 5 minutes passed lol

Where's that Dave Chapel clip where he says he got high, jogged and all that and looked at the clock and only a few minutes passed? I can't find it :lol

Kidd K
05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I am pretty nervous now. I wasn't pretty much all week, then I had a dream that Westbrook grabbed Ginobili around the neck after he stole the ball from him and made him hit the court and dislocate his shoulder. :\ Ever since that I've been thinking, "what if some stupid shit like that happens?". Our season could get derailed by some injury like it has so many times for us in the past.

Interestingly though, I don't feel nervous about how good OKC is. They're a great team, and tbh, I'm finally giving them props this year (whereas last year I've been saying they aren't ready and won't be good 'til next year), but right now it looks like they might be right on the cusp of breaking out and being a legit danger to the title scene for years to come. . .but I feel that our Spurs are just better right now. I've watched both teams a lot, and San Antonio seems better to me this year.

I also worry about the officating and the amount of FTAs the Thunder might get. . .but I'm sure we all worry about that one.

In any case, :flag:

I'm really really nervous. This may sound kinda stupid, part of the reason I want the Spurs to win is to shut up all of the haters. I live in Eugene, OR. 99% of people here hate the Spurs. If Spurs lose to OKC then all of the sudden everyone will be bandwagon OKC fans. Of course Spurs winning matters more than shutting the idiots up, but no doubt that's icing on the cake and after hearing them for years talking about how Duncan and the Spurs are done, I'd love to throw it back in their faces.

lol seriously. If the Spurs win this year, then for the next 12 months I'm just going to randomly bring up, "Oh yeah? Well the Spurs won the title! lol~", just for no reason in random conversations.

Legacy
05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Nope.

Jimcs50
05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
excited, not nervous

:flag:

Thomas3
05-27-2012, 02:47 PM
So I feel like the most people here...
Being nervous the whole day, week, watching movies to kill time...
We have to believe in this series. The Thunder are a good team, but we have A lot experience and confidence, and that's more worth than anything else.
A team that can beat this Spurs 4 times has to be extremely good....
I can't wait for tip-off.

Legacy
05-27-2012, 02:47 PM
excited, not nervous

Yep.

ShoogarBear
05-27-2012, 02:48 PM
excited, not nervous

Just tell us you haven't placed any bets on the Spurs.

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Not nervous, but will be as soon as the game starts, or when the Spurs are facing any kind of deficit.

Legacy
05-27-2012, 02:53 PM
So I feel like the most people here...
Being nervous the whole day, week, watching movies to kill time...
We have to believe in this series. The Thunder are a good team, but we have A lot experience and confidence, and that's more worth than anything else.
A team that can beat this Spurs 4 times has to be extremely good....
I can't wait for tip-off.

YES!! A crapload of em'! :toast

"Revenge of The Nerds II: Nerds In Paradise" in the DVD player right now. Pretty much summarizes it all for me. :lmao

Thomas3
05-27-2012, 02:59 PM
YES!! A crapload of em'! :toast

"Revenge of The Nerds II: Nerds In Paradise" in the DVD player right now. Pretty much summarizes it all for me. :lmao

I'm watching The Good, The Bad And The Ugly...

SA210
05-27-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm getting some burgers for me and my daughter, then I'm watching Moneyball

Legacy
05-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm watching The Good, The Bad And The Ugly...

Good one. :tu

The Revenge of The Nerds movies, to me, pretty much satires all the crap The Spurs have had to deal with for so many years, though. The movies were playing on regular cable earlier this week... ssooo... I finally decided to pop my own copies into the DVD player after all the laughs they brought me yet again. Classic(s)!! :lmao :lmao :lmao

h1XXfRwh66w

dbreiden83080
05-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Fully expecting a long series. If the Spurs lose tonight there will be fans here ready to throw it in already but you have to brace yourself for a long series. I really think this may go 7..

TDomination
05-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Extremely nervous.had a nightmare last night that's spurs started the game going down by double digits early and were never able to come back.

It definitely can't start soon enough

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-27-2012, 03:33 PM

Wow. I thought Blazers fans hated the Lakers primarily?

Matty2Cool
05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Gonna slam a four loko in a few. Twin peaks after woooo

Spursmania
05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Been nervous all week. I can't wait to get to the game!!!
I'm going to get there a little early to watch them practice. I'm going to get a beer with my spouse and kick back and enjoy the ride!

I've just got this feeling that this is their time. OKC will definitely give them a challenge from the onset. But I think Pop has them prepared for this. The veterans have been in this position before and they are holding the Fort down.

The home fans are going to loosen them up and get them started early. Spurs win by at least 10 tonight.

Muser
05-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Nope, i'll be asleep.

Budkin
05-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm nervous before any playoff game but I have an anxiety disorder :lol It's way better than it used to be though. It used to be so bad that if the other team started going on a run I'd have to walk out of the room for a bit. But like someone else said, it feels like this is our time, perhaps the last, but ours. So now I'm pretending that I'm just watching all the games on DVR in July and I already know the outcome. :lol

silverblackfan
05-27-2012, 04:07 PM
More anxious than nervous. Afraid the Spurs will come out flat in the first quarter, but confident in the team.
The game is taking forever to get here.

bresilhac
05-27-2012, 04:33 PM
excited, not nervous

My sentiments exactly. I'm excited but not in any way nervous. We're watching something very special unfold with the Spurs in these playoffs. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

:lobt2:

Spur|n|Austin
05-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm getting some burgers for me and my daughter, then I'm watching Moneyball

That movie was awesome! Watching Drive again to pass some time while I drink some beers. GSG!!!

GinobiliForTres
05-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Nervous, and excited. Had a bad day, so nothing else will make it better but a Spurs WIN.

ViceCity86
05-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Part of me is super confident.The other part of me says this series has a 2006 WCSF feel to it.

siraulo23
05-27-2012, 05:07 PM
hells yeah

the 6-7 days didnt particularly help either

Whisky Dog
05-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Either way we're about to see another chapter in the legendary playoff battles written. It could down like the sweeps against Lakers and Blazers in '99, could be like the Pistons in '05, could be like the Mavs in '06 or the Suns in '10. I'm just hoping its a damn good ass whipping the Spurs throw on them.

davidbowie
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
nah not no mo

Sa_Spursfan20
05-29-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm always nervous this time of the year. I'm excited, though, so that keeps the anxiety at bay. :lol

flipcritic
05-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Any true fan would be nervous.

Legacy
05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Nope.

excited, not nervous

^^^^

Yep.

Still the same. :p:

Obstructed_View
05-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Any ignorant fan would be nervous.

Fixed

davidbowie
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
god i wish the game was over. we are doing so good. im so damn anxious. please let us get to game 7.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Not in the slightest. They've got another run in them.

davidbowie
06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
goddamn stak fuckin jackkk

Legacy
06-07-2012, 12:42 PM
PHENOMENAL 1st half. 2nd one SUCKED ASS.

That is all.