PDA

View Full Version : QRich traded to NY

The Mask
06-23-2005, 09:16 AM
http://www.realgm.com/

Looks like PHX wants to play D next year.

ducks
06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Quentin Richardson will be dealt to the Knicks in exchange for Kurt Thomas and a conditional number one draft choice. This deal is pending league approval and should be announced following Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday.

ducks
06-23-2005, 09:20 AM
This Makes Them Much Better

Vashner
06-23-2005, 09:21 AM
There's another forum for non spurs NBA posts btw.

ducks
06-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Rose To Be Their Center Now

ObiwanGinobili
06-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm actually really interested to see weather or not Isaiah thomas can make an actual team out of his Kicks this coming season or if it'll take a whole nother year.

ducks
06-23-2005, 09:26 AM
If Thomas Last Another Year The Knicks Owner Is More Of An Idiot Then Thomas

ducks
06-23-2005, 09:28 AM
REALGM EXCLUSIVE: Quentin Richardson Dealt To Knicks For Kurt Thomas
23rd June, 2005 - 2:49 am
RealGM - RealGM.com's Christopher Reina has learned that Quentin Richardson will be dealt to the Knicks in exchange for Kurt Thomas and a future conditional number one draft choice. This deal is pending league approval and should be formally announced after Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday.

The deal was confirmed to Reina by a source close to the trade negotiations.

There was little doubt that one of the Suns’ five starters would not be back for the 2005-2006 season and Richardson is the player that Bryan Colangelo and the Suns have decided to move. The move indicates that Joe Johnson is the shooting guard that the Suns want on their team long-term.

Thomas is signed through the 2009 season, while Richardson, whose game overlaps with Johnson's, is signed through the 2009 season as well and the Suns have a team option for the 2009-2010 season.

Richardson averaged 15 points and six rebounds per game in his first season with Phoenix. He made 226 3-pointers, tied for first in the NBA with Philadelphia's Kyle Korver, with the high-powered Suns, compared to 120 in his final season with the Los Angeles Clippers .

Thomas, a 10-year veteran, gives the Suns a player who averaged 11.5 and 10.4 rebounds per game last season with the Knicks. He will allow Shawn Marion to slide back to the small forward position and Amare Stoudemire will be less exposed at center, playing beside a power forward of Thomas' caliber.

He also gives the Suns another player that can stay outside on the pick & roll to let Steve Nash drive and dish to the open man, as Thomas is one of the best power forwards in the league at hitting a mid-range jump shot.

TMSKILZ
06-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice move & addition for the Suns.

Pistons_In_7
06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
are you implying that Zeke is an idiot?

DarkReign
06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Good trade. Damn good trade.

No idea what Zeek was thinking, but whatever. He isnt half the man as a GM that he was as a player.

DarkReign
06-23-2005, 10:29 AM
are you implying that Zeke is an idiot?

As a GM...yes

Pistons_In_7
06-23-2005, 10:30 AM
and you call your self a pistons fan?

boutons
06-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Somebody hard foul The MasK, rip it off, and move this distracting, BS thread to the NBA Forum.

Pistons_In_7
06-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Calling Zeke not Zeek an idiot is sacreligious. You blasphemer!

Horry For 3!
06-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Quentin Richardson will be dealt to the Knicks in exchange for Kurt Thomas and a conditional number one draft choice. This deal is pending league approval and should be announced following Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday.

Another idiotic move for the Knicks if the trade gets approved. They bring on another mediocre player that has a big contract. More cap money for the Knicks, blah blah same shit for them. haha idiots!

Suns will be gettin the best deal by far.

mrcoon29
06-23-2005, 05:53 PM
This trade helps wifey's singing career, too.

Brodels
06-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Dumb move for the Knicks because they take on yet another long term deal, but I think it's also a bad move for Phoenix.

Kurt Thomas isn't going to fit in with their style of play. They were so good because they essentially had three wing men on the floor with an athletic big and Nash. They created all kinds of matchup problems. They could score almost at will during the regular season.

If Thomas starts, and it looks like he will, it's going to slow down their offense a good bit. Will his rebounding and defense make up for it? It's possible, but I'm not convinced.

The Suns had a great season and lost to a very good SA team. I think they need to be careful about changing their identity. If they don't, they could find themselves farther away from the ultimate prize than they were this year.

ducks
06-23-2005, 10:03 PM
"It'll give me an opportunity to play more of my game," said Richardson, whose post-up game may fit better in New York.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 01:43 AM
The deal hasn't gone thru because of some insurance paperwork regarding his back injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2094591

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2005, 02:24 AM
The qrich trade is just insurance just in case green doesnt fall to #8 in the draft. Look out for the knicks to do sum nasty chokage next season to get the number 1 pick for greg oden, use the multiple 1st round picks they got to rebuild or offload them to cavs for bron.

AI-square
06-27-2005, 04:18 AM
It would be interesting to see how this deal, if it goes through, affects the Suns next season. Like Brodels said, there is a risk that the Suns may lose their offensive intensity with Thomas in the frontcourt. But when you have Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire on your team your offense is locked, but your defense is a concern.

If anything, the NBA Finals between San Antonio and Detroit shows that defense does win championships. Thomas will give the Suns more boards and a lot better defense. Phoenix can still run their fast game by going small and putting Jim Jackson in. It's can go either way but at this moment I believe that it could work out well for the Suns.

MajicMan
06-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Calling Zeke not Zeek an idiot is sacreligious. You blasphemer!
bawahahah he sent the Spurs Nazi Mo which in turn helped the Spurs in the playoffs. Zeke is as dumb as they get. He helped the rich get richer. A brain dead lemming could have predicted a Spurs vs Detroit finals. He should have anticipated that.

Manu20
06-29-2005, 04:41 PM
It is official now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2096710

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I think the Suns got hosed on this one. Nate Robinson would have been deadly in their offense. All they got was old ass Kurt Thomas for him and QRich. Given more time with the Suns, Richardson could have been able to make a bigger impact. The Suns also needed Robinson to help Nash out with the minutes. Nash is getting older and may catch a case of the Gary Payton's pretty soon and age overnight. This is the first time I think Zeke made a good trade. He is 1 for 23 as far as trades go.