PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's "Officials"

LakerLanny
05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Joey Crawford, Mark Davis, Greg Willard.

Hmmmmm.

SA210
05-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Joey Crawford, Mark Davis, Greg Willard.

Hmmmmm.

I hate Joey Crawford :pctoss

Beaverfuzz
05-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Joey Crawford blows

LakerLanny
05-27-2012, 07:15 PM
I hate Joey Crawford :pctoss

He blows, no doubt about it.

That said, it may be a good thing for you guys (especially for Duncan) as he will have to be very careful based on past history.

Davis is horrible also.

NRHector
05-27-2012, 07:15 PM
are you fucking trolling us Lanny?

Obstructed_View
05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The NBA did the Spurs a favor. The message is "don't come out flat and make it a close game."

LakerLanny
05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
are you fucking trolling us Lanny?

You should be happy I am here to spread my vast wealth of basketball knowledge.

If you have been following my brilliance on Lakersground, you will know that not only have I been picking your team to win the title for almost two months now...but I also have been saying publicly that Tony Parker should have been the NBA MVP this season.

Good luck tonight, I expect your team to win and to cover the 5 1/2 points.

NRHector
05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
You should be happy I am here to spread my vast wealth of basketball knowledge.

If you have been following my brilliance on Lakersground, you will know that not only have I been picking your team to win the title for almost two months now...but I also have been saying publicly that Tony Parker should have been the NBA MVP this season.

Good luck tonight, I expect your team to win and to cover the 5 1/2 points.

sorry I don't go to that shithole

LakerLanny
05-27-2012, 07:23 PM
sorry I don't go to that shithole

No worries, it is an acquired taste.

If the Spurs win tonight, it is Game 2 where the refs will be the real problem....that is when Stern will send his prime fixer refs (some combination of Scott Foster, Ken Mauer and Ron Garretson) to try and stretch out the series to manufacture drama.

Man In Black
05-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Infamous Circle of 7...who are they again?

LakerLanny
05-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Infamous Circle of 7...who are they again?

We have had some retirements since the original Circle of 7 but Darth Stern has reloaded.

Following is the current list of NBA Fixer Refs, in order of their fixing skills:

1. Ken Mauer - The most corrupt official in the game today, simply put the NBA sends him to execute their agenda and he is very good at that.

2. Scott Foster - This is the guy who was on the phone with convicted NBA Fixer Ref Tim Donaghy as many as 30 times a day during the period of time that Donaghy admitted to fixing games. Yet we are supposed to believe he knew nothing of it or wasn't involved himself? Riiiiiight.

3. Joey Crawford - I don't have to explain this guy's history to any Spurs fan.

4. Bennett "The Rat" Salvatore - An annual right of spring was Salvatore fixing errrrrr officiating NBA playoff games that were among the most notorious of all time. His stench became so obvious that the NBA couldn't get away with assigning him to playoff games this spring.

5. Mike "Irish Mike" Callahan - Close ties to the Eastern fixing cabal of refs, if you see him on the court you know you are in for a game of lopsided calls going all one way off his whistle. Very corrupt and if he is on the floor in a Celtics game, just turn it off as it is a sure win for the Celtics.

6. Derek Stafford - The only black official on the list, he has been brought along slowly and only gets playoff assignments now that he executes league agendas. When he first started in the league, he was bad but bad for both teams. Now he is essentially a black Scott Foster.

7. Zach Zarba - Kind of an unknown but absolutely atrocious. He is young also which means he will be fucking up NBA playoff series for a lot of years in the future.

Spurtacus
05-27-2012, 09:23 PM
game has been called fairly through 3 quarters imo

spurraider21
05-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Stop blaming officials. Very petty. Sign of every stupid fan is to point at refs, especially for calls made in 1st 3 quarters

Obstructed_View
05-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Thought Joey did a good job. He missed the goaltend, but he passed up a couple of opportunities to screw the Spurs if that was his intent.

Keepin' it real
05-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Well-officiated game tonight. All the calls on Durant were legit. Nice to see Jackson rough him up a little bit.

therealtruth
05-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Well-officiated game tonight. All the calls on Durant were legit. Nice to see Jackson rough him up a little bit.

They were calling fouls when someone breathed on Durant.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2012, 11:12 PM
They were calling fouls when someone breathed on Durant.

You're fucking high. They let them play a lot. The Spurs wanted to foul instead of letting Durant get going. It was well officiated.

spursfan1000
05-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Great game by refs, I was surprised to know we had more foul shots then them. Good game.

T Park
05-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Thought Joey did a good job. He missed the goaltend, but he passed up a couple of opportunities to screw the Spurs if that was his intent.

Best reffed game. Of the playoffs IMO. No outrageous missed calls.

T Park
05-27-2012, 11:18 PM
This Joey Crawford hatred childish bullshit spurs fan keeps going to seriously needs to stop...l

ducks
05-27-2012, 11:19 PM
yes mommy

The Reckoning
05-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Great game by refs, I was surprised to know we had more foul shots then them. Good game.

most of those were in the final two minutes. i do agree though...it was a well officiated game overall.

LakerLanny
05-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Now is where the NBA will look to manufacture drama and stretch out the series. OKC winning Game 2 is what they are looking for, the way they will attempt to control that is with the ref assignments for Game 2.

Look for some combination of the following:

1. Kenny "Slick" Mauer - #1 Fixer Ref in the NBA today.

2. Scott Foster - Donaghy's muse and an atrocious fixer.

3. Ron Garretson - Even a worse official than his father which is almost statistically impossible.

Remember where you heard it first.