PDA

View Full Version : Home game not so good in playoffs

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Spurs were 38-3 in reg season at home, and only 8-3 in playoffs, the same number of losses at home in 1/4 the number of games in playoffs.

The Spurs need to realize that the fans will not help them at all, they have to have a foxhole mentality, and play like it them against the odds, them against the whole world.

Which player will get in their faces tonight like a Mario Ellie or an AJ and keep them focused on the task at hand, to not get caught up in the moment and to play their best game of the year???

Detroit has the advantage in experience in big games, so the Spurs have to be flawless, they can not count on the fans to help because Detroit never gets flustered.

boutons
06-23-2005, 09:56 AM
38-3 vs 8-3, a meaningless comparison.

In the season, we beat all kinds of dreck @SBC, padding the W column.

In the playoffs, the teams and motivation are much higher. 8-3, 73%, @SBC is good enough.

Tonight we make it 9 - 3.

"Which player will get in their faces tonight like a Mario Ellie or an AJ and keep them focused on the task at hand"

We don't have that player. It has to the players themselves, and Pop.

If the Spurs play just like the Game6, but hit 45% of their shots overall instead of 35% like in 2nd half of Game6, the Spurs will take it.

Very simple: play Game6 again tonight, but make your fucking shots.

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I just had a revelation. The player that will lead them tonight is going to be Tim Duncan. He will life everyone on his broad shoulders and carry them to the championship.

I have been waiting for a Triple Double from him all Finals long, and tonight he will either get it or come close to it. If his ankles have hindered him, I think he will ignore the pain and play like the MVP that he is.

This was in line against NJ in game 5 in 03, I am thinking that he will come close to this game. *look at FTs. :)

STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

T DUNCAN, F 46 10-18 0-0 9-10 3 14 17 4 1 4 6 3 29

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
If the Spurs play just like the Game6, but hit 45% of their shots overall instead of 35% like in 2nd half of Game6, the Spurs will take it.

Very simple: play Game6 again tonight, but make your fucking shots.

The Spurs can not play anything like game 6. They did not run their offense in the 2nd half. They shot too many 3s, they rushed up the court like they were the Suns and did not get the ball to TD near enough. They have to play Spurs bball.

As for the home record, all teams play the same home schedule, all play crappy teams, but they were the only team to have near the record of 38-3. It was a great achievement, but they can not rely of the crowd, they have to play flawless bball to win. I think they will do that and prevail. :smokin

boutons
06-23-2005, 10:11 AM
"They shot too many 3s"

but they missed even more. Spurs playoff 3G% is a an excellent 38%.
But they shot 29% 3Gs in Game6. Had the Spurs shot 38% 3G in Game6, 9 more pts.

Yes, the Spurs can play much better than Game6, but as weak as Game6 was, the Spurs only had to shoot better to win (just like May 04).

But shooting better and better offense often means better defense, raising the level on both ends.

I think the Spurs will do it on both ends tonight, and that would mean the Pistons not having such an excellent game. The Spurs win.

DarrinS
06-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Which player will get in their faces tonight like a Mario Ellie or an AJ and keep them focused on the task at hand, to not get caught up in the moment and to play their best game of the year???

I've been waiting for someone to bring this up. Very good point. I've only seen this a couple of times with Timmy. There was one game where Tim fouled out (was it Seattle? or Denver?) and Tim got the guys in a huddle and gave them some kind of pep talk. The Spurs went on to win. He needs to be the emotional leader of this team, even though he's not an emotional guy. Manu needs to take a similar role.

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 11:04 AM
I've been waiting for someone to bring this up. Very good point. I've only seen this a couple of times with Timmy. There was one game where Tim fouled out (was it Seattle? or Denver?) and Tim got the guys in a huddle and gave them some kind of pep talk. The Spurs went on to win. He needs to be the emotional leader of this team, even though he's not an emotional guy. Manu needs to take a similar role.

Yeah Manu, but they might not understand everything he says.

:)

caŽlo
06-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I just had a revelation. The player that will lead them tonight is going to be Tim Duncan. He will life everyone on his broad shoulders and carry them to the championship.

I have been waiting for a Triple Double from him all Finals long, and tonight he will either get it or come close to it. If his ankles have hindered him, I think he will ignore the pain and play like the MVP that he is.

This was in line against NJ in game 5 in 03, I am thinking that he will come close to this game. *look at FTs. :)

STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

T DUNCAN, F 46 10-18 0-0 9-10 3 14 17 4 1 4 6 3 29

i surely do hope so..

those assists would only happen if manu, barry, or parker makes the darn kickouts!

also if nazr will catch the ball and make the freakin shot and not fumble it or have it blocked!

go spurs go!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Tim Duncan is a player who has accomplished a shitload of feats and had an awesome career even if his career ended yesterday.

Hes the fucking shit, my favorite player of all time

All this rambling and media bias about duncan having no heart, being a choker, its sickening....He did miss free throws like a bitch the past two games, therefore played a shitty game, but he is a 2 time mvp 2 time champion he's TIM DUNCAN GUYS

he has to lead his team to fucking victory, he just has to, failure is not an option tonight guys

GoSpurs21
06-23-2005, 01:13 PM
i think the main reason the Spurs have lost finals games is the fact that Jimsc50 is betting on his own team...a sure way to jinx your team

Jimcs50
06-23-2005, 02:00 PM
i think the main reason the Spurs have lost finals games is the fact that Jimsc50 is betting on his own team...a sure way to jinx your team

I am going to bet on Detroit tonight.

+5 points

detroit is dooomed now.

:)

caspian
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Detroit has the advantage in experience in big games, so the Spurs have to be flawless, they can not count on the fans to help because Detroit never gets flustered.

G1 and G2, Detroit was flustered. We're all human.