PDA

View Full Version : Things to take from Game 1

dmon35
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
The Thunder remain as a perimeter team.
The Thunder is as tough as we all thought, but just not quite there with the Spurs.
The Spurs young guys were NOT ready for this game.
The Spurs did not play well in this game.
Ginobili is gonna be the series MVP.
Spurs Big 3 very different from Thunders Big 3.
Russel Westbrook fakes injuries for no apparent reason.
Winning in OKC WILL BE TOUGH.
HATERS NOW CAN SHUT THE FUCK UP!

please add to the discussion

CitizenDwayne
05-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Also, we were all reminded just how important Neal is.

Sa_Spursfan20
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM

:toast

Take it a game a time guys. Today's win was awesome, yes, but the Spurs still have a long ways to go. OKC is going to come back fighting Tuesday and I hope the Spurs are ready for it. Still, enjoy the win and worry about game 2 tomorrow.

SpursRock20
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
As long as the game is within 5 points in the last 3 minutes, I give the edge to the Spurs even if they are losing. The Spurs half court execution transcends into crunch time whereas the "let's-shoot-contested-23-footers-and-complain-about-fouls" approach doesn't bode well for the Thunder.

dmon35
05-27-2012, 11:29 PM
:toast

Take it a game a time guys. Today's win was awesome, yes, but the Spurs still have a long ways to go. OKC is going to come back fighting Tuesday and I hope the Spurs are ready for it. Still, enjoy the win and worry about game 2 tomorrow.

was referring to the who battle tested arguemnt. shoulda specified

SpurPadre
05-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Also, we were all reminded just how important Neal is.

Except for when he takes ill-advised 30 foot three point attempts with a hand to his face and nearly a full freaking shot clock to work with...you guys saw Pop give him that FUCK YOU stare at him when he pulled that shit?

T Park
05-27-2012, 11:30 PM
I'd say kawhi Leonard was ready... He's young....

CitizenDwayne
05-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Except for when he takes ill-advised 30 foot three point attempts with a hand to his face and nearly a full freaking shot clock to work with...you guys saw Pop give him that FUCK YOU stare at him when he pulled that shit?
Yeah. That was pretty retarded. It was right after Parker's 3, guess he got a little excited.

SpurPadre
05-27-2012, 11:31 PM
The Thunder is as tough as we all thought, but just not quite there with the Spurs.

Not all young guys were unprepared...Leonard did ok for a rook in the WCF.

Holt's Cat
05-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Spurs don't panic and fold.
Jack wants that ring.
Neal stepped up.
Spurs figured out OKC's defensive scheme.
More charges to come in this series.
Manu has something left.
Maybe small ball will win this.

dmon35
05-27-2012, 11:32 PM

I think everybody gave him the "WHAT THE FUCK" stare, but you know what, thats not surprising to see from Neal. Neal does that alot.

SpurPadre
05-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah. That was pretty retarded. It was right after Parker's 3, guess he got a little excited.

Yeah, but at least he made up for it afterwards with some clutch play and taking that key charge on Westbrook...and it's way more than we can say about Matt Fucking Bonner, who is still a worthless sack of shit who is just hitching on for the ride.

KaiRMD1
05-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Stephen Jackson was the best thing to happen to this team this year

SpurPadre
05-27-2012, 11:38 PM
I think everybody gave him the "WHAT THE FUCK" stare, but you know what, thats not surprising to see from Neal. Neal does that alot.

Oh yeah, he's been pulling that shit since last season but it still isn't cool. I think he's one of the reasons why Manu has had a hard time getting going this season as he forces shots like that despite knowing Manu's there with him. I still like him, of course, but I'm just pointing out one annoying flaw in his game.

Holt's Cat
05-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Spurs figured out what the defense would give them and took advantage.
Spurs found a way to make OKC uncomfortable on the offensive end - hasn't happened much in this playoffs.

timvp
05-27-2012, 11:53 PM

:lol Did Westbrook ever figure out what he supposedly injured on that fall? He milked it but couldn't decide what was actually wrong with himself.

SA210
05-27-2012, 11:53 PM

I agree with all of this. I hope Green hits those shots in Game 2 though.

InRareForm
05-27-2012, 11:55 PM
:lol Did Westbrook ever figure out what he supposedly injured on that fall? He milked it but couldn't decide what was actually wrong with himself.

LOL i was thinking the same thing. First was his ankle... then his wrist.. then his knee :rollin

dmon35
05-27-2012, 11:58 PM

lol none of the commentators could figure it out....even after replay after replay...but i think he was just frustrated.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Scotty Brooks can take 5 days to focus on and can still not beat Pop.

SA210
05-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I knew he was pretending on that injury lol

ShoogarBear
05-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Fourteen turnovers in one half: not good
Two turnovers in next half: good
The Spurs will make Durant work very, very hard.

One down, one more big one to go on Tuesday, and then the pressure will really be on the Thunder.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 12:09 AM
The Thunder's big 3 faded when the Spurs stepped up their D.
Thunder have the personnel to bottle up TP.
Westbrook and Harden get frustrated when easy drives aren't given up.

dmon35
05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
what was up with TD getting after Neal and Jackson like some little kids...lol hilarious...

jesterbobman
05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Pop watched Party Down is the most important thing.

Are we having fun yet?

ducks
05-28-2012, 12:37 AM
The Thunder's big 3 faded when the Spurs stepped up their D.
Thunder have the personnel to bottle up TP.
Westbrook and Harden get frustrated when easy drives aren't given up.

thunder will either have to live with manu going off or tp
spurs never played with manu against thunder this year

spursfaninla
05-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Sefolosha is not smart enough to guard Manu.

Lots of players had bad offensive games on both teams, but I thought both teams played very good defense.

Way too many Spurs turnovers; Spurs compensated by out rebounding them, and owning the paint completely.

Durant got to the line way too much in the 4th with reach-in fouls, mostly from Tony or the help defender.

Scary: Thunder came back within 3 from 10 down at the 2 minute mark.

Scarier: Thunder came back from 9 down with 22 second left, to get within 3 at the end; sure, time ran out, but that has to give you pause.

dmon35
05-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Scarier: Thunder came back from 9 down with 22 second left, to get within 3 at the end; sure, time ran out, but that has to give you pause.

Spurs let up purposely though. But yeh, Thunder seems like the type of team, to not get rattled with the chips are down.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Oh come on the Spurs half assed D'up in the last 22 seconds.

T Park
05-28-2012, 12:57 AM
The spurs gave up a three with 3 seconds left while up 6. Color me not worried...

Sean Cagney
05-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Sefolosha is not smart enough to guard Manu.

Lots of players had bad offensive games on both teams, but I thought both teams played very good defense.

Way too many Spurs turnovers; Spurs compensated by out rebounding them, and owning the paint completely.

Durant got to the line way too much in the 4th with reach-in fouls, mostly from Tony or the help defender.

Scary: Thunder came back within 3 from 10 down at the 2 minute mark.

YES they got within 4 a few times later after the D let up.. Scariest the Spurs were down 9 with 16 TO's in the fourth or leading up to it and then put up 39 when they got it all together and clicking and got over 100 again in a bad game! SEE You can get a positive outta this too here.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 01:03 AM
Spurs gave up open 3 looks without contesting to avoid the 4 point play in the last minute. Talk to the Coach of the Year (and night) if you have a problem with that, I guess.

Kidd K
05-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm still a little worried about the "hand of Stern". For nearly a 10 minute span, the Thunder only made a single field goal (spanning from 11:19 left in the 4th to 1:00 left in the 4th).

At first, everything was normal. . .until we came back within 2. Quick ticky tack loose ball foul. Parker hits a J to tie it. . .next possession: 2 fouls in 7 seconds, Thunder get free throws. Parker hits again, but they answer with their first FG in a long time. Thunder get a brick on their next possession, we've scored on 4 straight at this point and are up 6.

Then what happens? Next 4 Thunder possessions: 8 FTAs.

Luckily for us Spurs fans, the Spurs kept scoring on every possession during that "run" (if you can call it that) by OKC. Surviving the calls during that stretch got us the game. . .I won't act like we didn't get any calls, but man, 4 possessions and 8 FTAs? :\ Hopefully that's the last time we've seen that. 1-9 (not counting bricks bailed with whistles) with 3 turnovers in 10 mins and still get 13 points.

Hopefully we can reproduce the scoring dominance in the 4th in game 2 so we can not worry about the free throws so much. . .or maybe just do nothing that the refs can consider a foul.

Paranoid Pop
05-28-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm still a little worried about the "hand of Stern". For nearly a 10 minute span, the Thunder only made a single field goal (spanning from 11:19 left in the 4th to 1:00 left in the 4th).

At first, everything was normal. . .until we came back within 2. Quick ticky tack loose ball foul. Parker hits a J to tie it. . .next possession: 2 fouls in 7 seconds, Thunder get free throws. Parker hits again, but they answer with their first FG in a long time. Thunder get a brick on their next possession, we've scored on 4 straight at this point and are up 6.

Then what happens? Next 4 Thunder possessions: 8 FTAs.

Luckily for us Spurs fans, the Spurs kept scoring on every possession during that "run" (if you can call it that) by OKC. Surviving the calls during that stretch got us the game. . .I won't act like we didn't get any calls, but man, 4 possessions and 8 FTAs? :\ Hopefully that's the last time we've seen that. 1-9 (not counting bricks bailed with whistles) with 3 turnovers in 10 mins and still get 13 points.

Hopefully we can reproduce the scoring dominance in the 4th in game 2 so we can not worry about the free throws so much. . .or maybe just do nothing that the refs can consider a foul.

:sleep:sleep:sleep

Manudona
05-28-2012, 01:09 AM
I'd take the win, tbh

spursfaninla
05-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Spurs gave up open 3 looks without contesting to avoid the 4 point play in the last minute. Talk to the Coach of the Year (and night) if you have a problem with that, I guess.

I am not worried about the Spurs giving up 3pters to avoid a 4 point play. My point is that the Thunder are not afraid to take and make 3pters to come back late in the 4th. They proved it tonight and they proved it throughout the playoffs. I think we need to have a nice buffer near the end of games to be "safe" from these mother fuckers.

Did you watch the previous series with the Thunder taking out the Lakers? Thunder came back several games to win. They looked the same against us, making clutch shots at the end. They just ran out of time, and we made enough of our shots when KD was parading to the FT line...

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 01:12 AM

I heard one of the commentators mention it. Neal will usually take that shot, and I expected it at the time, but Fisher (who is a good defender) did his homework and knew it was coming. Neal had sort of committed to it and took it from too far out. No biggie. I'll let him have one of those a game because the man has fucking ice water in his veins. You should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing this up tbh.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Sure, if the Spurs give the Thunder uncontested looks late in a closer game that's probably not a good idea. Good talk.