PDA

View Full Version : sad to say it

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 09:46 AM
if the spurs win, i'll be more relieved than joyful, to me the spurs have already "lost" theres no way in hell i thought this series would go to 7 games (i would have bet my life) det is the 1st team to even force a game seven since going down 0-2 in the new format
when people (the media) start openly questioning duncans heart, desire, and even now overall talent, thats my worst nightmare
the spurs have absolutley played like SHIT this series and a win tonight will make that barely acceptable, a loss will make it the biggest embarrasment in nba history
we're gonna need a title in 06 to live this one down

DUNCAN
GINOBILI
PARKER
its on you
play great and we'll win

DarrinS
06-23-2005, 09:53 AM
The Pistons are the best team the Spurs have ever faced in the finals. They're not going to roll over and die like the Nicks or the Nets.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 09:56 AM
im not comparing this team to anyothers im just saying the spurs are playing like shit

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 09:57 AM
if the spurs win, i'll be more relieved than joyful

I said the same thing the other day... the highs are lower, and the lows are lower.

JamStone
What a horrible take on the possibility of winning a championship!

How could there really be any negative emotion after earning a championship against the defending champs if the Spurs are able to do so??? That's unbelievable.

boutons
"the spurs are playing like shit"

not true, troll. STFU and GTFO

Ginofan
06-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Dude it comes down to one game. Do or Die. The Spurs know this. They aren't going to screw up. Take all the historical stats...all the media opinions...all the BS...and just toss it out. It's one game. A defining moment in Spurs history. Do you really think the greatest player in basketball is going to let the Spurs lose?

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
you're insane. If we win, we win the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

what could be better than winning a championship, at home and on game 7??????

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
the spurs havent played well since game 2 you cant take 4 games off

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 10:02 AM
i love the spurs thats why it hurts so much to see them playing so shitty

bigzak25
06-23-2005, 10:02 AM
a win tonight will make that barely acceptable

bullshit mook. you'll be jumpin up and down and getting pimpo's doritos all over the place....

:smokin

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 10:04 AM
ill be happy, if its a close game ill yell and cuss and jump around
but you cant really talk shit in a seven game series, well you can but not as effectivley

easjer
06-23-2005, 10:13 AM
That's beyond shitty. I love the Spurs too and I feel the agony too - hell, I couldn't face going to work yesterday because I was so upset.

But to say even if they win tonight, I consider it a loss? What the fuck, man? This is why the Spurs fans are shit. Worse than fucking Lakers fans.

You expect the fucking moon a fucking silver platter. If they win, you criticize, if they lose, you scream in triumph that you knew all along.

Whether they win or lose, it's been a great season, and I thank them for it.

THAT is the attitude of a true fan.

HULKAROCK
06-23-2005, 10:13 AM
if the spurs win, i'll be more relieved than joyful, to me the spurs have already "lost" theres no way in hell i thought this series would go to 7 games (i would have bet my life) det is the 1st team to even force a game seven since going down 0-2 in the new format
when people (the media) start openly questioning duncans heart, desire, and even now overall talent, thats my worst nightmare
the spurs have absolutley played like SHIT this series and a win tonight will make that barely acceptable, a loss will make it the biggest embarrasment in nba history

DUNCAN
GINOBILI
PARKER
its on you
play great and we'll win

It would be an embarrasment to lose to the current NBA Champs???
Wins are "expected" ..?? Give me a break.

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
if the spurs win, i'll be more relieved than joyful

I will be happy as hell....almost as happy as I was for the first one. Like Darrin said, this is the roughest finals of the three the Spurs have been in. If they pull this off, it will be arguably the sweetest for just that reason.

1Parker1
06-23-2005, 10:20 AM
the spurs havent played well since game 2 you cant take 4 games off

This is right on the money. People around here say that the Spurs never have 2 bad games in a row or play the same way back to back, however, bottom line is Spurs have played like shit these past 4 games and if it weren't for a great, miraculous Game 5, who knows what would have happened. However, I believe Spurs are due. And you shouldn't feel relieved if the Spurs win--the fact that they have played like shit the past 3 and 1/2 games, and still might win the championship should have you feeling exstatic.

Now if we lose...........then it's a different story :)

Pistons_In_7
06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
This series was a Horry 3 pointer from being over.

The Spurs are lucky to be still in this series, however i still say either team could pull it off tonight.

Good luck, im going to have to pound many beers tonight pre game to calm the nerves.

DarkReign
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
My heart is already beating wildly just reading this board and listening to sports radio.

I am not objective during the actual game (see posts from game 6...lol), but I try to be when it isnt.

LET ME MAKE A PREDICTION THAT WAS JUST VOICED ON DETROIT RADIO:

The refs were in the Spurs pocket in game 6. Argue all you want, its true.

The only way the Pistons lose is if the refs get involved. I personally have been saying it for some time now...LET THEM PLAY! LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE WHO WINS!

If they let the game have flow, it benefits BOTH teams. If they chop it up with weak-ass foul calls, it benefits the Spurs. Hmmmm....big mystery...which way do you think it will go?

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 10:57 AM
The only way the Pistons lose is if the refs get involved.

Looks like Detroit already has an excuse ready in case of a loss. What's new.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2005, 10:59 AM
a win tonight will make that barely acceptable

sad to say it, but that's bullshit.

Barely acceptable? :wtf kind of crap is that! A win tonight makes them NBA Champions, nothing less.

easjer
06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
The way I see it? The refs have been exremely fair the last two games. I thought they were horrible in game 3, and didn't watch most of game 4. Pistons fans felt the same way about games 1&2, I'm told.

Overall, the refs will just let them play. . . as they have been.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Mookie, if the Spurs win tonight - I don't want to see you happy or celebrating. After all - it will be barely acceptable, and you'll be merely relieved -- not happy.

So please, leave the celebrating to the real fans. When the game is over, just turn off your tv, roll over and go to sleep.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-23-2005, 11:04 AM

Man, with that kind of hyberbole I'm wondering if Bill Walton's not writing your takes for you. On what planet is WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP barely acceptable? If the Spurs win tonight this series will be remembered as a tough fought one (and it will likely be if the Spurs don't), and a loss will not be the biggest embarrassment in history. I'm frankly not so sure that you're "sad to say" any of this, because over the course of these playoffs you've been nothing but a bandwagon drama queen.

Shelly
06-23-2005, 11:05 AM
mookie = Tpark light?

caspian
06-23-2005, 11:06 AM
This series was a Horry 3 pointer from being over.

The Spurs are lucky to be still in this series, however i still say either team could pull it off tonight.

Good luck, im going to have to pound many beers tonight pre game to calm the nerves.

Why the hell is a clutch Horry 3-pointer considered lucky?

a) He's been doing that same exact thing forever. That's why we got him. It's called talent.

b) Should we go through every one of the Pistons unlikely shots and call them lucky also?

Please...it's like me saying that this series would be over if it weren't for the Pistons talent...

Spurminator
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
This same team that we were apparently supposed to dominate for 16 straight quarters beat a team with 4 future Hall of Famers in the Finals last year in five games.

We take them to 7 games, and we're underachieving, Duncan's soft, Parker has no balls, Pop can't coach and our centers are useless.

God damn, Spurs fans are spoiled.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 11:15 AM
i'll cheer like no other if we hit a game winner
because i know what will happen if we lose this game
and i want this win worse than anyone, i just know the spurs havent played their best

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 11:18 AM
This same team that we were apparently supposed to dominate for 16 straight quarters beat a team with 4 future Hall of Famers in the Finals last year in five games.

Old Payton, Injured Malone and a Shaq and Kobe bickering like a married couple, and no Big Shot Bob. :rolleyes

Spurminator
06-23-2005, 11:19 AM
And yet they made it to the Finals.

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 11:21 AM
if you dont believe in this team get the fuck out.

:makemyday

bdubya
06-23-2005, 11:23 AM
to me the spurs have already "lost" theres no way in hell i thought this series would go to 7 games (i would have bet my life) det is the 1st team to even force a game seven since going down 0-2 in the new format

Unquestionably the most feeble, lame, weak navel-gazing thumbsucker of a post I've seen on this board. Wow, what an embarrassment.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 11:23 AM
It would be an embarrasment to lose to the current NBA Champs???
Wins are "expected" ..?? Give me a break.

-yes it would be to blow a 2-0 lead

-i didnt say "expected" at all

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 11:26 AM
sorry im just so much of a duncan fan that when his heart, desire and overall talent as a player is questioned, and understandably so, i would say thats a stepback for tim and this franchise

just like i said
duncan
ginobili
parker
its on yall fuckers to win this, yall all very close to becoming something i cant imagine

easjer
06-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Mookie, stop back pedaling. You got called out.

You don't have love for your team or it's players, you're a fucking bandwagoner. You are full of hot air and angst. If you had any love you would think about who well they've done, not curse them for not sweeping the world champs.

Dear lord you make angry with your bold, sweeping, drama filled angest ridden statements, and when you get called on it, you cry that you are misunderstood.

Whatever. You are as bad as the trolls.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Mookie, stop back pedaling. You got called out.

You don't have love for your team or it's players, you're a fucking bandwagoner. You are full of hot air and angst. If you had any love you would think about who well they've done, not curse them for not sweeping the world champs.

how did i backpedal?

ive been a spursfan since i was six, im not gonna beg you to believe im a "real" fan

i didnt say anything about a sweep moron, i think you need to read my post carefully and see what i actually said

fuck detroit, its like the worse san antonio plays the more respect detroit gets?? fuck that
the spurs have played bad 4 games in a row, a true fan can see that and im not happy
again i shouldnt have to say it im rooting like hell for the spurs, just because i know the shit theyll get if they lose
i expect a win

baseline bum
06-23-2005, 12:15 PM
This is what I mean when I say Spurs fans have no idea how special a championship is. People like you are the reason our homecourt is so shitty on the noise meter.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 12:18 PM
^youre making my point for me
i lose my voice at halftime when i go to games

the title is special and the spurs are playing like shit-
since when does saying your team not playing up to par make you a bad fan

easjer
06-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Saying your team does not play up to par doesn't make you a bad fan. It makes you realistic.

That, however, is not what you said, friend. THIS is what I mean by backpedaling.

In the end, the sun will rise tomorrow no matter what.

margeryanne
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Whether ther Spurs win or lose tonight, they are still a great team. IF not they would not be in a NBA finals game 7. Detroit has proven to be tough. I dont know where the Spurs were in terms of defencs in the NBA last year. I know they are nomally called the best defensive team. But I dont think they have played much defense on Detroit.
It is like having to play run and gun with the Suns, made them lose their strong defense. I hope it we see a combination of the run and gun scoring the Spurs used against the Suns and the smothering defense that we are acustomed to seeing from them. I hope they win. I expect them to win.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
That, however, is not what you said, friend. THIS is what I mean by backpedaling.

ok i get it they play like shit- im a bad fan
if i dont curse im realistic

easjer
06-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Dude, cursing has nothing to do with it. But that's it. I'm done. You can bandwagon and cry your crocodile tears to your heart's content in peace now.

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-23-2005, 12:30 PM
the spurs have played bad 4 games in a row, a true fan can see that and im not happy

Saying the Spurs played badly in Game 5 is complete and utter BS. Just because it took us another clutch shot by Horry to finish off the Pistons in overtime as opposed to beating them by 5+ points doesn't mean we played bad. We played on the same level Detroit did. In the end, Horry just came through for us like he has numerous times before. Have some faith and give a little credit where it's due.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 12:32 PM
^ yeah they played bad but they won, i was happy as shit, i love horry but 1 shot falling is not gonna be the diffence between a team playing good or bad

ambchang
06-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Another one of those fans who can't understand the dominance of defense. The Spurs are not playing like shit, the Pistons are playing very strong defense and they MADE the Spurs missed shots. You think Hamilton, Prince and Rasheed just happen to be playing like crap? No, it's because the Spurs are containing them. Billups on the other hand is a major star.
People are always going to underrate the defensive teams out of the lack of understanding of the game. Both of these teams are playing extremely well, and both can match up with any championship teams in the past.

ZappaFan
06-23-2005, 12:34 PM
what could be better than winning a championship, at home and on game 7??????

Winning a 2nd consecutive championship on the road in game 7, and being the first team that's ever accomplished that feat in the 2-3-2 format after being down 2-0 and 3-2.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
fuck detroit, its like the worse san antonio plays the more respect detroit gets?? fuck that

A true fan would realize that maybe the reason the Spurs were playing like shit was, I dunno, the Detroit Pistons?? Maybe it's just me but I think they might have something to do with the way the Spurs are playing...

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
^ The Spurs played very well in that game. That is why the score between quarters was never greater than two points, and the leads in the fourth stopped growing past four. We should have won in regulation - somehow Duncan missed a tip in. So we go overtime, and Horry doesn't get lucky - he's got that talent. 5-6 threes and 21 points in the second half (18 in the fourth and overtime) is not luck. In the end, the Pistons were outplayed. That's it.

As for Game 6, the Spurs played great in the first half, but collapsed in the second. It sucks, yes - but they won't let it happen a second time.

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 12:38 PM
spursfan19
DUNCAN played great in that game, he kept them in it the whole game
horry finished the fuckers off when duncan couldnt at the end
thats not a good team game at all

mookie2001
06-23-2005, 12:46 PM
the best case now is still a THIRD REIGN
which was the goal
i just literally makes me sick when i see the spurs play so bad, that i cant ignore it

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-23-2005, 12:48 PM
spursfan19
DUNCAN played great in that game, he kept them in it the whole game
horry finished the fuckers off when duncan couldnt at the end
thats not a good team game at all

The game was a total team effort until Duncan fell apart. Then Horry stepped up and dominated. Once Duncan stopped playing well, the others stopped as well - but not Horry.

As far as I'm concerned, when your star player stops performing near the end of a game and a veteran with a nack for stepping up in crunch time single handedly outplays the other team, that's awesome. Because it's far better than nobody stepping up and your team getting creamed at the end.

I'll agree with you on how Duncan and the others didn't play well in the end. But Horry is the guy who keeps this team alive when nobody else does. You're right, that isn't great team ball. But it doesn't mean the Spurs didn't play well.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Mookie really does cheer at spurs games so much that he's hoarse by like the first or second quarter, and he's been a spurs fan since before i can remember, don't question his 'fan status'

i think hes just trying to say that noone on this board can seriously look at the spurs team of 2005 and the pistons team of 2005 and say the the talent the pistons have, the team the pistons have is capable of more than this spurs team.

We have a TWO TIME MVP, an olympic gold winner, BIG SHOT FUCKING ROB, the fastest player in the NBA, the greatest perimeter defender in the NBA

and we've played like this for four games in a row, utter horrible pathetic shit, four games in a row

its dissapointing to see it go this far, but no doubt every single one of us is going to be cheering our asses off if the spurs win tonight.

I still Believe. I'm really dissapointed it had to come to this...i always predicted Spurs in 7, hopefully my prediction was true.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Im surprised noone made fun of mookie longer for this one.