PDA

View Full Version : Tiagos wrist still hurting?

freetiago
05-28-2012, 12:45 AM
He shot 70% at the line in the reg season
his shot wasnt even this bad last season
he doesnt need his offhand for the <5 ft shots he usually takes but he would for free throws
i just dont see how he could shoot so poorly when he did well in the reg season
even historically bad shooters like evans/DJ are shooting better then him

SpursRock20
05-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't think it is his wrist. It might be but I see no wincing or anything. I chalk it up to nerves. Although he is an "old" second year player, he has never played at this stage before and the limelight is getting to him. Skip Bayless has put a lot of pressure on him.

Juggity
05-28-2012, 12:48 AM
i just dont see how he could shoot so poorly when he did well in the reg season even historically bad shooters like evans/DJ are shooting better then him

Pressure, imo.

Beanzamillion21
05-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Get Will Sevining and Chip Englland on this report, STAT!

T Park
05-28-2012, 12:49 AM
It's 100% mental.

TheSkeptic
05-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Not completely sold on the pressure angle because he's played in championship games before. He's even had about 4 games these playoffs where he shot 50% or better at the line. Both Game 3 and 4s respectively.

I still think that it's more the effects of a rhythm player being on a cold streak and that he's consequently lost confidence in his abilities at the line.

timvp
05-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Splitter's rhythm and timing are just way off. It happens sometimes when you change how you shoot ... it'll work good for a stretch but then you'll fall into bad habits and it'll take you a while to get it back.

Not too worried at this point.

SA210
05-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Splitter's rhythm and timing are just way off. It happens sometimes when you change how you shoot ... it'll work good for a stretch but then you'll fall into bad habits and it'll take you a while to get it back.

Not too worried at this point.

Let's hope they don't pull a hack a Splitter

crc21209
05-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Whether it's mental or physical, he needs to step it up because he's going to have his share of FT's throughout the series...

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Someone should just say "Aim for the back of the rim so we can get the rebound".

Spurs Brazil
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
It's 100% mental.

Yep

“Well, for sure it is mentally tough because I am making them in practice,” he said. “It’s got to be easy to shoot it like I do in practice. I don’t even want to think about it because it’s not about my technique. It’s all about my mind. I just have to be fresh enough to go there, step up and make free throws.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/05/28/parker-slows-down-in-time-to-contribute/