PDA

View Full Version : Is OKC the better team?

TE
05-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Moderator for okcthunderfans.com thinks so...:lol

The series is only beginning. Spurs protected their home court tonight but needed a miracle 39 point 4th qtr to win it. We just need to protect our home court and win 1 of the remaining 3 in S.A. We're clearly the better team.

http://www.okcthunderfans.com/vforum/showthread.php?8697-05-27-2012-Thunder-Spurs-(Western-Conference-FINALS-game-1)/page4

What do you all think?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-28-2012, 01:14 AM
In the playoffs the fourth quarter is where things get clarified in a big way.

SnakeBoy
I think after we sweep OKC he'll blame the refs.

tesseractive
Moderator for okcthunderfans.com thinks so...:lol

http://www.okcthunderfans.com/vforum/showthread.php?8697-05-27-2012-Thunder-Spurs-(Western-Conference-FINALS-game-1)/page4

What do you all think?

Well, if a Thunder fan thinks so, I'm sure he's right.

:depressed

Holt's Cat
Fuk yo moral victories clown.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Fuk yo Mo Cheeks clown.

sananspursfan21
05-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Read the fine print above your photo and below triggeredexcellence. Boom, youve received my thoughts

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Nothing is miraculous for a quarter in the NBA anyways.

TE
05-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Read the fine print above your photo and below triggeredexcellence. Boom, youve received my thoughts

:tu :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2012, 01:19 AM
:cry an opposing team's fan thinks different than me

Budkin
05-28-2012, 01:19 AM
39 point miracle 4th? We were only down 9 before We came back. Miracle. :lmao

Dingle Barry
05-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Sound analysis.

Mugen
05-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Cuz Spurstalk doesn't have any homers.

slayermin
How many teams have won 19 in a row? Miracle 4th Qtr? Sheeeeyit.

Holt's Cat
Dusty opened another site?

sananspursfan21
05-28-2012, 01:22 AM
39 point miracle 4th? We were only down 9 before We came back. Miracle. :lmao

Seems youve revealed yet another weakness of okc. Jotting it down: "thunder consider 9 pt comeback miracle".

TimmehC
05-28-2012, 01:25 AM
More talented, maybe. But they need a coach.

BanditHiro
05-28-2012, 01:29 AM
i love how they are blaming the refs some how...lol this fanbased has gotten use to Durant getting bailed out in the 4th.

crc21209
05-28-2012, 01:29 AM
Lets be real, the final 8 or 9 Spurs points were off of FT's to seal the game. So the Spurs really only put up about 31 or 32 points in the 4th, which isnt hard to believe. :lol Miracle. Dumbass...

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 01:31 AM
I guess we should cut them some slack - they are where we were more or less in the mid 90s.

And they live in Oklahoma.

timvp
05-28-2012, 01:32 AM
That sure was a lot of layups to be considered a miracle.

Josh810
05-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Anyone that thinks one of these teams is clearly better than the other is a tard, pretty much.

Paranoid Pop
05-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Cuz Spurstalk doesn't have any homers.

This.

Who gives a shit?
How does a fan of the opposite team dare thinking his team is better when they destroyed us for 3 quarters?

J.T.
05-28-2012, 01:36 AM
lol like five posts into that thread and they are already bitching about joey crawford reffing this game and durant not getting enough calls

:lmao

100%duncan
05-28-2012, 01:38 AM
:cry What if he's right :cry

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Okie City may be the only NBA city that can claim larger market favoritism when facing the Spurs.

dmon35
05-28-2012, 01:40 AM
:cry What if he's right :cry

refs were calling so bitch ass reach in fouls on the Spurs alot too...primarily on Durant...

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Sure, Oklahoma City may be the better team, but it's not unusual for the better team to lose.

Whisky Dog
05-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Of course they're going to feel that way. They have the best player in the series but are lacking as a team. Just not enough offense outside of 3 guys to be a great team. Guys like Tiago, Jax, Diaw, Leonard, and Green can do things the likes of Sefelosha, Perkins, and Collison just can't do.

TE
05-28-2012, 01:42 AM
lol like five posts into that thread and they are already bitching about joey crawford reffing this game and durant not getting enough calls

:lmao

Blame for this loss is solely on the 4th quarter defense. It was pathetic how puny the whole team was in the last 12 minutes. Durant needs to man up and actually push through that BS defense that the Spurs are doing to him. Joey Crawford just needs to die. Worst NBA ref ever (yes even worse than Donaughy). I am getting pretty sick of watching the refs reward teams for flopping and allowing the other team to push our guys around on defense.:lmao

AussieFanKurt
05-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Took one really good quarter to win, that's all

TE
05-28-2012, 01:54 AM
tbh, every time Harden is in a pick and roll, he consistently performs a forward body flop (flop accompanied by picking up his head and/or swerving his shoulders) in motion while having a defender alongside your body after executing the said pick and roll.

Against the Lakers and Mavs, whoever was defending him was called for a foul when he performed this bullshit flopping antic.

Fortunately, he performed this antic in game one but wasn't given the benefit of the whistle. I wholeheartedly expect that to change in OKC.

GSH
05-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Spurs outscored the Thunder in the paint 16-2 in the fourth quarter. That's not a miracle, it's an ass-kicking. The Spurs had 7 AST in the fourth vs. 1 for OKC. Ditto the ass-kicking.

Before Harden hit those two 3's to pad his stats, he was 5-15. Westbrick was 7-21 for the night. The Spurs don't care if they have 17 and 19 points, as long as they shoot those percentages.

This Spurs team has been able to put up points quicker than just about any team I can remember. To be more accurate, make that unanswered points. They clamp down on D a couple of times per game, and just blitz opponents. And they do it so effortlessly, that people are scratching their heads and trying to figure out what just happened. It was no miracle tonight. It's just what this team does.

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
By the Metta World Peace definition, yes they are.

BlairForceDejuan
05-28-2012, 02:01 AM
miracle 39 point 4th qtrlol

That's not a miracle homie, that's your team bending over.

GSH
05-28-2012, 02:03 AM
tbh, every time Harden is in a pick and roll, he consistently performs a forward body flop (flop accompanied by picking up his head and/or swerving his shoulders) in motion while having a defender alongside your body after executing the said pick and roll.

Against the Lakers and Mavs, whoever was defending him was called for a foul when he performed this bullshit flopping antic.

Fortunately, he performed this antic in game one but wasn't given the benefit of the whistle. I wholeheartedly expect that to change in OKC.

Honestly, I don't think OKC's bigs can set a pick without moving. We had a room full of people, and I got them watching for it - it was comical. For an entire quarter, they didn't set a single legal pick. And it's impossible to come over that screen when it's moving like that.

If the refs ever decide to call moving screens, the Thunder will be even more screwed than they already are, because Westbrook relies on it a lot. I'm not bitching about the officiating. I'm just saying that the Thunder fans shouldn't either.

DaSpurs#1
05-28-2012, 02:10 AM

Fortunately, he performed this antic in game one but wasn't given the benefit of the whistle. I wholeheartedly expect that to change in OKC.Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that right before David Stern started saying all the flopping has gotten out of control and needs to stop along with the calls that come with it? I think a lot but not all were corrected since then. I agree though, they will definitely get more of those calls in OKC, Pop will find a way to counter though.

Overall, calls were pretty even on both sides. I live in OK and all their fans use the refs as their natural scapegoat whenever things don't go right for them so this is all normal. It get's so annoying.

GSH
05-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Overall, calls were pretty even on both sides. I live in OK and all their fans use the refs as their natural scapegoat whenever things don't go right for them so this is all normal. It get's so annoying.

It's one thing for the fans to do it. But when the players do it, they're already beaten. Especially when it's the two best players on their roster.

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2012, 02:17 AM
fck the dumbkents observations

this game was on a platter delivered to them after the first half choke job by the spurs...they didnt beat us, we beat ourselves shrugging off the rustiness of a 7 day holiday...we exposed them when the spurs shredded down that 9pts lead into a turn around lead...hitting shots and shit that was given to us, the same shots we couldnt hit in the first half that dig ourselves into a abomination of a game

2nd game we will come out more prepared though...i think this series is over in 4 games for them....

therealtruth
05-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Spurs outscored the Thunder in the paint 16-2 in the fourth quarter. That's not a miracle, it's an ass-kicking. The Spurs had 7 AST in the fourth vs. 1 for OKC. Ditto the ass-kicking.

Before Harden hit those two 3's to pad his stats, he was 5-15. Westbrick was 7-21 for the night. The Spurs don't care if they have 17 and 19 points, as long as they shoot those percentages.

This Spurs team has been able to put up points quicker than just about any team I can remember. To be more accurate, make that unanswered points. They clamp down on D a couple of times per game, and just blitz opponents. And they do it so effortlessly, that people are scratching their heads and trying to figure out what just happened. It was no miracle tonight. It's just what this team does.

That's the signs of a championship team. Lockdown defense and offensive execution. You get enough defensive stops and get enough good looks and you're going to win the game.

DaSpurs#1
05-28-2012, 02:36 AM
It's one thing for the fans to do it. But when the players do it, they're already beaten. Especially when it's the two best players on their roster.Very true and I'm sure it's been said many times before but a lot of that comes down to coaching. Good coaches don't let their players run their mouth off about refs or stuff like that whether it's warranted or not. KD and especially Westbrook still have a lot of growing up to do.

Stalin
05-28-2012, 02:41 AM
okc hero ball and chucking style will get exposed in the playoffs, tbh

Hoops Czar
05-28-2012, 02:44 AM
That sure was a lot of layups to be considered a miracle.

No Ibaka in the 4th and Perkins in deep foul trouble may of had something to do with that. Inexplicable if you ask me.

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2012, 03:01 AM
there bigs couldnt even defend splitter and diaw who got easy baskets with roll to the basket

Mr. Body
05-28-2012, 03:13 AM
They have some terrific young talent, but it is unbalanced. They really need a post scorer, and of their Big Three, only Harden is willing to drive the ball in half court sets. It makes them predictable - perhaps no easier to stop, but predictable.

will_spurs
05-28-2012, 03:19 AM
3 more wins by the Spurs and I'll readily concede that OKC was the better team, while we advance to the Finals.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Man are all people in Oklahoma whiners? I've seen so many OKC fans complain about the refs. It isn't much difference with Sooner fans either. Us Duck fans got to deal with it, and I'm sure you Longhorn fans have dealt with it far more. I'm aware that everyone whines, just seems that in Oklahoma they do it more than everyone else.