PDA

View Full Version : Not only am I superstitious..

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm very superstitious..

After the first half I realized things in my house weren't the same as they were during our streak. I went to my office and moved my briefcase back to the kitchen; took off my NEW college ring; took my wallet out of my pocket and put it onto the entrance table, where it usually sits; and finally made sure my dog's jersey was on snug. I know it sounds crazy but ever since HS baseball I've been superstitious, even to the point that I made sure I was sitting on a certain section of the couch if the Spurs were doing good. Am I completely nuts, or does anyone else follow certain regimes and superstitions?

The rest is history.

dmon35
05-28-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm very superstitious..

After the first half I realized things in my house weren't the same as they were during our streak. I went to my office and moved my briefcase back to the kitchen; took off my NEW college ring; took my wallet out of my pocket and put it onto the entrance table, where it usually sits; and finally made sure my dog's jersey was on snug. I know it sounds crazy but ever since HS baseball I've been superstitious, even to the point that I made sure I was sitting on a certain section of the couch if the Spurs were doing good. Am I completely nuts, or does anyone else follow certain regimes and superstitions?

lol funny but nah bro...break it down...does what YOU do, really help the spurs? "C'mmmon man"

BanditHiro
05-28-2012, 01:55 AM
meh...I'm not superstitious because i know it's really unlucky to be superstitious.

As SpursDynasty would say, "The Spurs are just sweeping the teams they are suppose to be sweeping."

TE
05-28-2012, 01:56 AM
I'm very superstitious..

The rest is history.

Through the first three quarters I watched the game with my family - something I NEVER do.

Before the start of the fourth quarter, I go to my room, lock the door, and turn on my TV to tune into the game...wallah, the rest is history.

You're not the only one that feels superstitious about watching games a certain way :lmao

Russo21
05-28-2012, 02:00 AM
We all have our superstitions. It's all good.

I know one cricketer who put the same red hankercheif in his pocket, every game, of his near 20 year career. Jordan with his North Carolina shorts. I wander if any of our spurs have little superstitious things? Haven't heard of one.

I'd love you to post a photo of your dog with the jersey on! Love it.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-28-2012, 02:21 AM
through out the playoffs i have been watching every single game in my room....i sit on a rolling chair about 2 feet away from the tv with my laptop beside me...now get this when the spurs were playing the clippers game 3 I went to the living room with my family to watch the game...the clippers jump out to that big ass lead so in the 2nd quarter i go back to my room ,sit on my chair in the same spot ,put my laptop beside me and the rest is history...:toast

capek
05-28-2012, 03:46 AM
I'll knock on wood whenever something that I'm watching or something a commentator says makes me think of a Spurs player getting injured. But that's just to dissipate tension, and not because I think there's any connection between my thoughts and what happens at a distance removed.

ginobili fan
05-28-2012, 04:17 AM
I'll knock on wood whenever something that I'm watching or something a commentator says makes me think of a Spurs player getting injured. But that's just to dissipate tension, and not because I think there's any connection between my thoughts and what happens at a distance removed.

every time I knock on wood 17 times Spurs play better.
And I'm serious.

TampaDude
05-28-2012, 07:56 AM
The Spurs always win when I don't watch.

Then again, they win when I do watch.

:lol

rwb
05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't watch the games, I record them and watch them afterward. If I pop over to check the score real quick and they have a turnover or something bad happens then I immediately switch over. VERY superstitious. I do what I can.

DMC
05-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Schizophrenia

manufan10
05-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Same here. 1st-3rd quarter I wasn't sitting in my normal chair. In the 4th, my brother got out of the chair I usually sit in, and I sat in it. The rest is history. It may seem stupid to some, but when your superstition is confirmed then it's usually hard to be swayed off of it. :lol

Seventyniner
05-28-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm not immune to superstition, and I watch the games on DVR to skip commercials. Human nature is a bitch sometimes.

GinobiliForTres
05-28-2012, 10:22 AM
When the Spurs ended up tying the game in the 4th, I was laying down on my stomach. I decided not to move from there for some reason.

Slomo
05-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm very superstitious..

The rest is history.

Through the first three quarters I watched the game with my family - something I NEVER do.

Before the start of the fourth quarter, I go to my room, lock the door, and turn on my TV to tune into the game...wallah, the rest is history.

You're not the only one that feels superstitious about watching games a certain way :lmao

Same here. 1st-3rd quarter I wasn't sitting in my normal chair. In the 4th, my brother got out of the chair I usually sit in, and I sat in it. The rest is history. It may seem stupid to some, but when your superstition is confirmed then it's usually hard to be swayed off of it. :lol

OK, you fuckers, stop messing around and get to your positions/places from the get go. It's obvious you know what to do, so fucking do it!

These games are taking years off my life without you guys making it even tougher!

Seriously! :cuss :huh

:p:

Spursfan092120
05-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Was standing up nervously for the first 3 quarters. Started to get a little down after being behind as much as we were and sat down in a recliner. Then came the 4th quarter...again...the rest is history.

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2012, 08:48 PM
I'd love you to post a photo of your dog with the jersey on! Love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/mannyr_879/photo-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/mannyr_879/photo1.jpg

Kool Bob Love
05-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Now thats some dope pics. Thanks for sharing.

At the At&t center. I was whispering to myself "come on Spurs we got this" the start of the fourth. Then IT happen. Also didnt sit down the last 8 mins of the game.

Whatever helps.

Brutalis
05-28-2012, 09:03 PM
I can never sit still, up and down yelling and such. At halftime if we are struggling I shave and change clothes.

I was very superstitious in high school though. Wore the same socks for a whole season unwashed, and we won preseason and state that year.

blkroadrunners
05-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Before the playoffs started, I put up a background picture of a black and red Ford Mustang Roush on my iPhone. When the series started against the Thunder, I changed my pic to a Spurs logo.

Sometime during the 3rd quarter when the Spurs were down after a timeout, I was playing with my phone, and decided to change the background back to the Mustang. Ever since then the Spurs got on that huge run and the rest is history. That Mustang is staying on my phone for a while.

spursfaninla
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
The line between superstition and OCD...is that OCD people feel a compulsion to do X, and they feel like they are going to DIE if they don't do X. Plus they do X like 40 times a day.

My point is, in all seriousness, you superstitious people are wackos, and if the above is you, you are ill, and get help.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
every time i think of something bad about the spurs or anything i always do the sign of the cross and knock on wood

this happens at least 10 to 20 times a day

Brutalis
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
The line between superstition and OCD...is that OCD people feel a compulsion to do X, and they feel like they are going to DIE if they don't do X. Plus they do X like 40 times a day.

My point is, in all seriousness, you superstitious people are wackos, and if the above is you, you are ill, and get help.

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/fuck-you-oragutan.jpg

Reck
05-28-2012, 09:30 PM
The Spurs always win when I don't watch.

Then again, they win when I do watch.

:lol

I'm paranoid like that too. :lol

I feel like I'm bad luck when I watch any of my sport team play. They often lose when I watch an entire game and win when I dont watch a second.

Take the Red Sox vs Rays the other day for example, Sox got the lead going into the 9th and no sooner do I tune in to watch and Rays homer to take the lead and win it. :lol

Kool Bob Love
05-28-2012, 09:31 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

Dex
05-28-2012, 09:36 PM
At the start of every playoff run, ritual tequila shots.

Before every playoff game, gotta bobble Bobblehead Tim's head, give the Patatohead Duncan a Timmy head-bop, and pat my ball signed by the 2003 team.

No jerseys on game days. Was bad voodoo in the past.

KaiRMD1
05-28-2012, 10:52 PM
I haven't shaved my face since the streak started. I'm growing a James Harden.......which could be bad?

lurker23
05-29-2012, 09:45 AM
I wander if any of our spurs have little superstitious things? Haven't heard of one.

I'm sure some of the Spurs have superstitions. The only two that I can remember off the top of my head are both from Tim Duncan.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/120406_tim_duncan_mailbag_2

Rich G.
Question: I love your tradition of hugging the basketball before tip. When did you start doing it, and is it a superstition or respect for the game?

TD: I started doing that my first year in the league, and it's kind of a superstitious thing more than anything. I just feel I have to do it, it's kind of my start to the game.

Rene
Question: Do you still wear your shorts backward in practice? Where did that start?

TD: I do still wear my shorts backward in practice. It started in practice one day, I made a mistake and went up to practice with my shorts backward, and it was my best practice of the year. As I was walking out someone said "hey your shorts are backward" and I said "oh, cool" and I've been wearing them backward ever since.

ginobili fan
05-29-2012, 09:59 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao
Wonderful i want the same for my dog

arial
05-29-2012, 10:10 AM
That's funny... I was at my parents this weekend for the holiday and we were all watcing the game my step dad was wearing his Ginobili jersey. Every time he wears that jersey the Spurs, after the 3rd her took it off Pop gave his nasty speech and the Spurs came back. Sure it really has no effect but it's things like that that make you superstitious.

foodie2
05-29-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm absolutely not superstitious and never have been. The fact that I have worn the 2007 Championship t-shirt for every game of the playoffs, and it has not been washed, is a mere coincidence.

Nathan Explosion
05-29-2012, 10:14 AM
I only have 2 superstitions, although one if more fandom than anything.

1) My kids and I can't wear any colors of the opposing team on game day. With me, I have to wear a black or gray shirt, black and/or gray shoes (when I'm at work, it has to be my gray New Balance shoes), and well, let's just say black and/or gray everything by my jeans. That's more fandom though. I'm wearing my colors.

2) If I'm at work, I can't DVR the game. For a while there they lost like 3 or 4 games I recorded, so I stopped that. If they win, I record the replay and watch that.

Do any of these things affect the outcome of the game? Of course not. But still.

waybackfan
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
I have cramped up more than once when I have convinced myself that the current position of my body is impacting how the spurs are playing.

Also, if anyone walks in front of the tv during live action, bad things happen!

smaka
05-29-2012, 01:27 PM

awww what a cutie pie :rolleyes:rolleyes

timvp
05-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not too superstitious when watching the Spurs play but I don't judge others for attempting to manipulate cosmic forces. Whatever works, tbh.

Budkin
05-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I used to be like this but I found that we had amazing victories or horrible heartbreakers no matter what, so now I'm like whatever. If it's meant to be, they'll win. If not, feel shitty for a bit then move on.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Awright, who screwed up this time?

Brazil
06-01-2012, 01:48 PM

good question tbh

not me I didn't change anything

hooperflash
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
i haven't been wearing my KD shoes for gamedays and I didn't say Hi to him at La Cantera even though i'm a huge fan. they are the enemy.

cheguevara
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM

I was pretty sober for a change.

I'll make sure I don't make that mistake on Saturday.

Keepin' it real
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I didn't wear my Spurs hat and Duncan jersey that I've been wearing throughout the playoffs, including games 1 and 2 vs. OKC. In my defense, I was told that I was being superstitious and that it doesn't matter what I wear ...

I'll wear the aforementioned garb for Game 4. Let's see how it goes.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Hmm, on further review, might have been me. I wore my Gervin throwback to Games 1 and 2, and in packing it today realized I hadn't thought about wearing it during the game last night.

I've got a wedding to go to Saturday night, but will find a way to wear it underneath the suit.

Maddog
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Hmm, on further review, might have been me. I wore my Gervin throwback to Games 1 and 2, and in packing it today realized I hadn't thought about wearing it during the game last night.

I've got a wedding to go to Saturday night, but will find a way to wear it underneath the suit.

Might be a little warm-
but hey take one for the team

BatManu20
06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I used to be superstitious about Sports. Until I realized how dumb I looked doing random things for a complete group of strangers that control their own destiny and don't even know I exist. :rolleyes

Brazil
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I used to be superstitious about Sports. Until I realized how dumb I looked doing random things for a complete group of strangers that control their own destiny and don't even know I exist. :rolleyes

shhhhh too much rationale here

u r the guy who screwed the Spurs

Brazil
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM

time for u to go get a bottle of jack daniels or something

DAF86
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM

I did. I watched all the playoffs games alone in my room. Last night I watched it with some friends on the living room.

I promise not to fuck up again.

Spur|n|Austin
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM

I was a little too sober as well; I also washed Duncan's (my pup) jersey :wow :lol

bthewigwam
06-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Gettin ready like all season long (forgot to shave my head Thursday, just took care of that). Whatch y'all doin?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/vipult/shoes.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/vipult/blanket.jpg

Can't-be-faked
06-02-2012, 04:26 PM
through out the playoffs i have been watching every single game in my room....i sit on a rolling chair about 2 feet away from the tv with my laptop beside me...now get this when the spurs were playing the clippers game 3 I went to the living room with my family to watch the game...the clippers jump out to that big ass lead so in the 2nd quarter i go back to my room ,sit on my chair in the same spot ,put my laptop beside me and the rest is history...:toast

So what were you doing Thursday in your room, wankin' off???:bang