PDA

View Full Version : Really Reggie Miller?

blizz
05-28-2012, 03:26 AM
When Durant scored on a break in the third on a finger roll he said "somewhere in this building George Gervin is smiling". Is he aware that GG played for the Spurs? Is that the best TNT could come up with? Reggie Miller? C'mon man!

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 03:43 AM
About 15th on his list of stupid things, and give the guy credit, at least he doesn't add new words to the English language like he did a few years ago.

Buddy Holly
05-28-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm sure if Leonard did a finger roll Reggie would question whether or not the finger roll had been tested up to that point.

blizz
05-28-2012, 03:54 AM
About 15th on his list of stupid things, and give the guy credit, at least he doesn't add new words to the English language like he did a few years ago.

I know he didn't add it but he did say "sticktoitiveness"

100%duncan
05-28-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm sure if Leonard did a finger roll Reggie would question whether or not the finger roll had been tested up to that point.

:lmao :rollin :lol

Jimcs50
05-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I thought is was a nice touch referencing one of our heros, directly to Spurs' fans, many lot of which never watched Ice play a game.

Stop being so negative and take it as what is was.

MmP
05-28-2012, 08:38 AM
i love reggie commenting on broadcast, with kerr and marv albert they really combine

Jimcs50
05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
i love reggie commenting on broadcast, with kerr and marv albert they really combine

:toast

best broadcasting team in NBA

thispego
05-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I'd rather have hubie brown or Jeff van gundy

Jimcs50
05-28-2012, 08:48 AM

They are good too, but not me.

TJastal
05-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I like Miller as well, and he was giving props to a spurs legend. I fail to see the point of the OP.

bulakenyo
05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
I understood what he wanted to say.

I remember one of Durant's NBA nicknames before "Durantula" stuck, was "baby ice", because he was so smooth offensively and a good scoring touch, makes scoring look easy when he's on, and is a lankier, bigger, yet very mobile, big for his position type of player, like George Gervin.

Mal
05-28-2012, 09:02 AM
When Durant scored on a break in the third on a finger roll he said "somewhere in this building George Gervin is smiling". Is he aware that GG played for the Spurs? Is that the best TNT could come up with? Reggie Miller? C'mon man!

I counted 3 steps there, but whatever..

quanzinelli
05-28-2012, 09:05 AM
instead of Durantula it should be DurantChula as in little Girl ( little pink spiders with a bow perhaps?)

Whisky Dog
05-28-2012, 09:08 AM
He should have been commenting on how Durant took 3 long steps on that layup. When the traveling is that obvious it should always be called, unless a human is 12 feet tall he won't be able to go the distance from just past half court to the rim in 2 steps.

I don't mind the statement but I don't believe Ice was smiling. He was probably thinking "mutha fucker just traveled"

TwoHandJam
05-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I would give my left nut to have Walton call one of our games. Some guys just don't get his hyperbole but I think it's awesome. When he was calling game 6 as we took down the 3peat Lakers I was laughing my ass off.

"You've got Medvedenko gaurding Duncan? Get him the ball - immediately!" :lol

When he was sometimes paired with Fred "Snapper" Jones as the straight man, it was classic. Fred was so clueless I'm not even sure he knew he was the straight man.

bulakenyo
05-28-2012, 09:18 AM
I would give my left nut to have Walton call one of our games. Some guys just don't get his hyperbole but I think it's awesome. When he was calling game 6 as we took down the 3peat Lakers I was laughing my ass off.

"You've got Medvedenko gaurding Duncan? Get him the ball - immediately!" :lol

When he was sometimes paired with Fred "Snapper" Jones as the straight man, it was classic. Fred was so clueless I'm not even sure he knew he was the straight man.

I love Walton too. I miss that hippie.

I saw him do SAC regular season game broadcasts a few months back.

Not sure if he did it full time.

Leetonidas
05-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Man, Walton calling the games would be sex on the ears. I would kill to hear some of this

6KkrccHEAqg

wut
05-28-2012, 09:22 AM
eh, I dunno....having to listen to Van Gundy say 'oh that's not a foul' about 10 times in a game gets annoying. I like Van Gundy but he cringes when he has to say nice things about the Spurs.

wut
05-28-2012, 09:25 AM
He should have been commenting on how Durant took 3 long steps on that layup. When the traveling is that obvious it should always be called, unless a human is 12 feet tall he won't be able to go the distance from just past half court to the rim in 2 steps.

I don't mind the statement but I don't believe Ice was smiling. He was probably thinking "mutha fucker just traveled"
no joke and I swear it was like 4 steps...Reggie is a flat our liar if he thinks that was a legit two steps.

Leetonidas
05-28-2012, 10:07 AM
no joke and I swear it was like 4 steps...Reggie is a flat our liar if he thinks that was a legit two steps.

I counted 3, it was definitely, DEFINITELY, a travel. From where he caught the ball there's no way he could've gotten to the hoop with two steps, Miller is an idiot

DMC
05-28-2012, 10:09 AM
It was maybe 3 steps. Stars get 3 steps, Lebron often gets 4.

silverblackfan
05-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Like Gervin, Durant is an offensive force and very smooth. It was a reference to one of the Spurs greats for the home team. Reggie has gotten a lot better this year. He used to be quiet and not interesting. I always thought his sister did a better job.
That said, I would take Hubie over Reggie any time.

Mugen
05-28-2012, 10:27 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FtNKMRDJ_j8/Spv5CJjPGyI/AAAAAAAAAIg/zqW9Eukg18k/s400/reggie_miller-airplane-banner.jpg

:lol stalking married women
:lol 6'8" and dunked once in his career
:lol Cheryl's baby sister

davidbowie
05-28-2012, 10:46 AM
"are you kidding me???? are. you. kidding. me???"

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 11:07 AM

Steve.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-28-2012, 11:23 AM
I normally do a lot of eye rolling when Reggie and his older brother work a game.

Horse
05-28-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought is was a nice touch referencing one of our heros, directly to Spurs' fans, many lot of which never watched Ice play a game.

Stop being so negative and take it as what is was.
The point is why the hell would Gervin be happy about an opposing player scoring on his Spurs?

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 12:29 PM
I actually wonder if someone mentioning George Gervin when they see Durant make that layup actually saw Gervin play.

tesseractive
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
I love Walton too. I miss that hippie.

I saw him do SAC regular season game broadcasts a few months back.

Not sure if he did it full time.

"Throw it down, big man! Throw it down!"

Reck
05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
The point is why the hell would Gervin be happy about an opposing player scoring on his Spurs?

Exactly.

MannyIsGod
05-28-2012, 01:42 PM
I think the team with Breem and Van Gundy is the best. Reggie is just flat out awful. I don't mind Kerr but Reggie, man he sucks.

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 01:48 PM
"Throw it down, big man! Throw it down!"

My favorite is when Samaki Walker fumbled a pass that hit him in the hands: "Awwww, where would ya LIKE it, Samaki?"

Jimcs50
05-28-2012, 02:21 PM
I actually wonder if someone mentioning George Gervin when they see Durant make that layup actually saw Gervin play.

Durrant is closest player as far as reminding me of Ice. Durrant's easy going demeanor (yet killer instinct), his slight body, his smooth shooting form and his finger rolling all take me back to the days of Ice.

blizz
05-28-2012, 02:46 PM

Someone gets it.

SenorSpur
05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
I've gotten so used to ignoring Reggie Miller's dumb-ass comments, that this one actually got by me.

Spursmania
05-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Man, Walton calling the games would be sex on the ears. I would kill to hear some of this

6KkrccHEAqg

I miss Walton too. His play on words, hyperbole and comparisons were one of a kind.:toast

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Durrant is closest player as far as reminding me of Ice. Durrant's easy going demeanor (yet killer instinct), his slight body, his smooth shooting form and his finger rolling all take me back to the days of Ice.

I wasn't intending to be argumentative, but I remember seeing Ice finger roll from like ten feet from the rim. I also remember seeing him flip it up over shot blockers as they jumped. Nobody does that anymore, that's all I was trying to say.

Speaking of, someone's going to revive the finger roll and the sky hook and lead the league in scoring for ten years.

Spurs Brazil
05-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Miller is awful. And that was a travel

SpursRock20
05-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Hubie Brown? The guy seems to over elaborate on everything. He never seems to shut up and he seems to cater to a person watching his/her first basketball game, but yeah Miller's comment was totally off. Number 1, it was certainly 3 steps, and number 2, Gervin is an ex-Spur, I am sure he was not smiling.

LakerLanny
05-28-2012, 05:26 PM

I agree, what a stupid statement that was.

Durant took 3 1/2 steps on that play also....nice officiating.