PDA

View Full Version : Blair should get some minutes with the second unit

LASToog36
05-28-2012, 07:37 AM
1. he can get added points with ginobili running screen and rolls it will be a 1-2 punch with splitter.

2. have him play for who Jackson hasnt been much of an offensive threat might as well save his energy to guard durant.

3. hustle points

4. use his big body to rough some of these young guns up. it seemed like that was the defense needed to slow them down as sj did to durant.

Overall i think Blair is a decent passer, good scorer and energy guy off the bench yahh he lacks some defense and some height but throw him in with the second unit guys..cuz tbh honest splitter looked a little slow and like pau gasol in the moments manu diddnt give him an assisted score..

overall who cares what i think still got the win les just get nasty again for 3 more games.

+

Still iffy about danny greens shot and shot selection but when hes hot hes hot. Neal tho hes money!!

FkLA
05-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Nah.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Not really. He can only survive next to Duncan, putting him next to Tiago will mess up both his and Tiago's game. Bonner or small ball are much better fits. Not even considering a Blair-Bonner frontcourt.

joeSpurs
05-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Boris has stolen his minutes ...

shyne
05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry but Matt's nuts shriveled up last night, another game like that I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him play a couple minutes.

UZER
05-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I thought blair should get some burn once I saw bonner revert back to his "please nobody pass me the ball" mode. Even if its 8-10 min. At least Blair is not play scared and runs a pretty good pick and roll.

Gagnrath
05-28-2012, 08:01 AM
I can see him for a few bodying up Ibaka. Ibaka for as muscular as he looks is slightly taller than but no heavier than Durant. The guy has the bone structure of a bird. This meant Boris could body him around inside but Blair could much more heavily. I'm not claiming this as a good idea all the time since it screws with spacing but occasionally might not be bad.

wut
05-28-2012, 08:07 AM
I seriously think we won the game last night when we decided to stop playing Bonner. Bonner is a waste of space if he is out there and not shoot 3s with confidence or lack of hesitation. It's why I'm not worried about Green's performance, Green will shake it off and get out of his slump.....Bonner on the other hand is mentally soft...battling his own fears of failure and we don't have time for him to overcome that mountain. I like what Bonner can bring to the table and I know Pop is playing him because he knows if he benches him, he will be done mentally for the rest of the playoffs, but seriously if some looks up his +/- I bet it was catastrophic, we only started a comeback when we stopped playing him.....which this is going a little off topic but wtf is Pop thinking resting Duncan and Parker so much? We have plenty of days to rest, it's time to play our stars.

spurspokesman
05-28-2012, 08:08 AM
If Matt BonBons get minutes I could see pop giving blair 5 minutes or so to gauge his play. But the more rationale part of me says stick to what's working. And that no Blair.

_jin
05-28-2012, 08:09 AM
how can you say that after watching last night's game? OKC played small ball for most of the second half, Bonner/Diaw didn't play in the fourth, and you really want Blair on Durant?
Apart from Timmy and Tiago splitting time at the C, Diaw and Bonner played 33 minutes between them because OKC went small down the stretch.
If they keep going that way, and I think they will, Blair has 0 chance to see the floor.

DMC
05-28-2012, 08:22 AM
There's no reason to alter the rotations at this point. It's not going to happen and it shouldn't happen. If we need Blair to bail us out, we're really fucked.

tmtcsc
05-28-2012, 08:36 AM
For whatever reason, the Thunder bring out the best on Blair. I think they should give him some minutes. I don't know where or what situation, but he should get some time on the floor. If he goes turnover happy or plays stupid, yank him.

I thought Scotty Brooks did a terrible job last night. Nick Collison was giving him some good minutes and being an effective rebounder for them. I'm glad he sat him when he did.

Collison is a polished Najera and can be very effective. Oh, and Bonner shriveling up like a pair of cold nuts is as accurate as it gets. Maybe he'll surprise me and come up big in a playoff game at some point but it wasn't tonight. As big as he is, he likes to have significant space when he shoots and OKC isn't going to give it to him.

bigfan
05-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I bet we see some Blair soon. He does seem to play well against OKC and cooling his heels on the bench has probably motivated him as well. I vote he gets a shot tommorrow and shares backing up Diaw duty with Bonner.

UZER
05-28-2012, 09:01 AM
There's no reason to alter the rotations at this point. It's not going to happen and it shouldn't happen. If we need Blair to bail us out, we're really fucked.

Fair enough. But for me, it's not about Blair bailing us out. It's more about not falling behind when Bonner is on the floor like we did tonight early in the game. If he's not gonna shoot the ball, then his being out their to "spread the floor" is useless. Might as well have someone in there that gonna run pick and rolls and grab some boards.

100%duncan
05-28-2012, 09:21 AM
I want to see him too. But not by eating Splits' minutes. Bonner is a fuckface who should never play a lick in the playoffs.

DMC
05-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Fair enough. But for me, it's not about Blair bailing us out. It's more about not falling behind when Bonner is on the floor like we did tonight early in the game. If he's not gonna shoot the ball, then his being out their to "spread the floor" is useless. Might as well have someone in there that gonna run pick and rolls and grab some boards.

Bonner rarely turns the ball over and he's at least as good a defender as Blair. Blair is a foul machine, constantly gets 3 second calls because he doesn't have court awareness and has no ability to spread the floor, none. Blair wouldn't serve the same role as Bonner so I don't get why people think it's Blair or Bonner instead of Blair or Splitter/Diaw.

UZER
05-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Bonner rarely turns the ball over and he's at least as good a defender as Blair. Blair is a foul machine, constantly gets 3 second calls because he doesn't have court awareness and has no ability to spread the floor, none.

Bonner may not directly turn the ball over, but his constant up fake, take one dribble into the heart of the defense, pick up the ball and get swarmed is frustrating to watch. Guys start scrambling all over the floor just to go get the ball from him and the offense gets out of sync, then there is a rush to get a shot off. So he may not directly turn it over, but turnovers and bad shots happen because of him.

He has just proven time and time again to be worthless in a playoff game. He deserves a chance to go in and take some shots. If he doesn't take and make some, he should be yanked and not given another minute in that game.

DMC
05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Frustration on your part has nothing to do with the flow of the game. They do not serve the same role, and frustration isn't the same as a turnover.

Playoff Matty is in full effect, and he's not going to go off from outside the arc, but opponents don't seem to realize it so they close out on him. Put Blair out there and see how much double coverage Tim or Tiago has in the paint.

bigdog
05-28-2012, 10:03 AM
I thought Blair could've been used in the first half, but after seeing the rally, I'm not so sure. I'm torn though, because Blair plays very well against OKC. Hmm...

freetiago
05-28-2012, 10:21 AM
san antonio has killed okc on the offensive glass for a while
i wouldnt mind a blair/tiago second unit
get the offensve boards and okc has no shotblockers in the second lineup

UZER
05-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Frustration on your part has nothing to do with the flow of the game. They do not serve the same role, and frustration isn't the same as a turnover.

Playoff Matty is in full effect, and he's not going to go off from outside the arc, but opponents don't seem to realize it so they close out on him. Put Blair out there and see how much double coverage Tim or Tiago has in the paint.

Yes it is does. My frustration has everything to do with the game and the outcome of the game and how Pop coaches the team and who wins the championship. It's all based on my frustration. C'mon man don't take basketball takes out of context to be cute.

I'm not a Blair homer. I was happy that he didn't see the floor against the clipps, but he plays well against the thunder team for some reason. If Bonner doesn't produce, give Blair a few of his minutes, 8-10 max. That's it.

urunobili
05-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Proven performer against them. I'm up for this if he takes Ginger's 10 min...

davidbowie
05-28-2012, 10:45 AM
there's no way he could be out there doing worse than bonner last night

Marcus Bryant
05-28-2012, 10:46 AM
There will come a time in this series.

TimmehC
05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Only way he gets minutes is by stealing them from the only other guy on the team who can't shoot a jumper: Tiago.

itzsoweezee
05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I'd rather see Blair play with Duncan and Diaw take all of Bonner's minutes. Bonner is completely redundant at this point.

LASToog36
05-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Tiago playing like pau gasol scares me

CGD
05-29-2012, 06:48 AM
In game 3 when we're down by 18 with 5 minutes left in the game, and have take okc's best punch.