PDA

View Full Version : Why did Durant and Westbrook just stand there?

Fabbs
05-28-2012, 10:07 AM
94-89 with 1:12 to go after Westbrook makes a layup.

Spurs had been up 10 on SuperGNobs 2+1. So OKC still has a shot.

Ginobili is just past the halfcourt line starts his slicing drive. Westbrook and Durant are at either side of the lower block looking right at Ginobili. GNob gathers the ball at the FT line (does not take another dribble) gets past Harden at a step inside the FT line. Harden tries a strip and GNob goes right by him.

Both Durant and Westbrook stand flat footed with hands at their sides, watching the whole time as Ginobili takes two full steps and goes up for the layup.
What the hell was that?

Afterwords Westbrook and Harden look at each other and Westbrook makes a waving motion with his arm and snarls at Harden.

*I'm technomologically challenged or I'd make a .gif of the play. Anyone who would like to, appreciated.

MavDynasty
05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Why didn't the refs call the blatant travel?

ALVAREZ6
05-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Why didn't the refs call the blatant travel?

If it's the play I'm thinking of, he definitely traveled :lmao

Answer: it's the NBA. Traveling is allowed.

mavsfan1000
05-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Refs were so fucking horrible in this game. No excuse for so many bad calls.

manufan10
05-28-2012, 01:43 PM
They also missed a travel call on Durant, so no big deal.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-28-2012, 02:03 PM
The mavs fans are right.

The officiating was horrid. Not because they gifted Durant a few points,
that was expected. They were just horrible.

But the calls were not in the Spurs' favor most times.
Only blowing the whistle when Splitter got mauled, so he can
airball his foul shots.

Also, Ginobili did travel on that one play. But I saw Westbrook travel twice, and Durant once.

Samuel Eto'o
05-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Spurs had been up 10 on SuperGNobs 2+1. .

God you are a faggot.

InK
05-28-2012, 02:35 PM
But the calls were not in the Spurs' favor most times.

Spurs were so lucky with calls, give me a break. Manu travel, Perkins 4th or 5th foul on Timmy, Perkins 4 or 5th foul on Tony for +1, Jack flop when he got grazed by Durant's elbow, every charge we did was called in our favour and there was a bunch ( 3 or 4), Manu flopping on the top of the key to Harden for some nice FT's, so many calls went our way.....and on the other hand no FT's for Harden at all, 2 or 4 for Westbrook only.....

We got no room to talk about officiating

Samuel Eto'o
05-28-2012, 02:37 PM
^ but you forgot that Roger is a FkLA level dumbfuck.

mavsfan1000
05-28-2012, 02:38 PM
spurs were so lucky with calls, give me a break. Manu travel, perkins 4th or 5th foul on timmy, perkins 4 or 5th foul on tony for +1, jack flop when he got grazed by durant's elbow, every charge we did was called in our favour and there was a bunch ( 3 or 4), manu flopping on the top of the key to harden for some nice ft's, so many calls went our way.....and on the other hand no ft's for harden at all, 2 or 4 for westbrook only.....

+1

manufan10
05-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Spurs were so lucky with calls, give me a break. Manu travel, Perkins 4th or 5th foul on Timmy, Perkins 4 or 5th foul on Tony for +1, Jack flop when he got grazed by Durant's elbow, every charge we did was called in our favour and there was a bunch ( 3 or 4), Manu flopping on the top of the key to Harden for some nice FT's, so many calls went our way.....and on the other hand no FT's for Harden at all, 2 or 4 for Westbrook only.....

That was the right call. He didn't just get grazed by the elbow.

There were bad calls on both sides, just like any game. You just have to deal with it.

Goran Dragic
05-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Only blowing the whistle when Splitter got mauled, so he can
airball his foul shots.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Those evil refs! They intentionally called fouls when Splitter had the ball because they knew he'd miss the free throws! They want the Spurs to lose!

Stalin
05-28-2012, 02:44 PM
maybe its good officials didn't reward thunder's wild shots in the paint, where all they were looking for was a bailout

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2012, 02:50 PM

Those evil refs! They intentionally called fouls when Splitter had the ball because they knew he'd miss the free throws! They want the Spurs to lose!

those are strong accusations, do you have any evidence?

Viva Las Espuelas
05-28-2012, 03:02 PM
what about that goal tending call that wasn't

"the big bad refs" :lmao
gfy, thoroughly

Spursfan092120
05-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I find it amazing how Mavs fans own Mavs>Spurs made a thread saying after OKC loses, we better not blame the refs...then here comes Mavs fan after Spurs win doing what? mmhmm. Refs fucked up on both sides in that game...just like they usually do.

NRHector
05-28-2012, 04:12 PM

if all this is true, is about time the Spurs get some Lakers-like treatment

ElNono
05-28-2012, 04:42 PM

:cry Joey Crawford :cry

:cry He wants to bring the Spurs down :cry

Did I tell you my favorite Tommy Nunez story?

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-28-2012, 05:41 PM
^ but you forgot that Roger is a FkLA level dumbfuck.

You're too kind.

Hemotivo
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
ginobili did not travel

BRHornet45
05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
sons you all need to understand that the NBA knows exactly what they are doing in the playoffs. they want this series (and every series at this level) to last at least 6 games because it will mean more money for everyone. at the end of the day the NBA is big business and money is all that matters. they want a 7 game NBA finals match-up between OKC and Miami because the television ratings would be through the roof due to the hype of Durant vs LeBron/Wade (despite OKC being a small market).

this series is going to last at least 6 games and if you think the officiating was bad last night, just wait until about games 3 and 4. Spurs are going to need to play the best basketball possible to pull this thing off, while the Thunder will only need to show up and play half ass decent. the help they will receive from the NBA will likely push them over the top.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2012, 05:57 PM
sons you all need to understand that the NBA knows exactly what they are doing in the playoffs. they want this series (and every series at this level) to last at least 6 games because it will mean more money for everyone. at the end of the day the NBA is big business and money is all that matters. they want a 7 game NBA finals match-up between OKC and Miami because the television ratings would be through the roof due to the hype of Durant vs LeBron/Wade (despite OKC being a small market).

this series is going to last at least 6 games and if you think the officiating was bad last night, just wait until about games 3 and 4. Spurs are going to need to play the best basketball possible to pull this thing off, while the Thunder will only need to show up and play half ass decent. the help they will receive from the NBA will likely push them over the top.

no Son YOU need to understand the NBA has given up on this year, just like 99, expect next year to feature heat/okc or LA.

BRHornet45
05-28-2012, 05:58 PM
son the NBA wants Miami and Los Angeles in the finals every year. that is nothing new.

InRareForm
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
No travel... Euro 2 step dumbfucks

Latarian Milton
05-28-2012, 06:26 PM

they would want every series to go 7 games which's understandable but how come they allowed so many 4-0 to happen in the first round?

BRHornet45
05-28-2012, 06:36 PM
they would want every series to go 7 games which's understandable but how come they allowed so many 4-0 to happen in the first round?

son like I said "at this level"

the first round barely pulls in more television ratings than your typical weeknight, regular season games. once the second round starts is usually when the NBA will focus on controlling the games.

DMX7
05-28-2012, 07:49 PM
son like I said "at this level"

the first round barely pulls in more television ratings than your typical weeknight, regular season games. once the second round starts is usually when the NBA will focus on controlling the games.

Son who is dat soccer chick in your sig? My God!

BRHornet45
05-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Son who is dat soccer chick in your sig? My God!

son you should know who Alex Morgan is by now! ...

http://i48.tinypic.com/zwklqf.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2rfdawp.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/14wxb7s.jpg

Wildcat67
05-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry, people that think the NBA uses officiating to rig games are complete and utter morons. If you think about it logically. You say it's all about money and viewership for the NBA. Well, how much more money do they stand to make by rigging games versus the amount of money they would lose if proof of that ever got out.

The entire NBA would be ruined completely to the point of being like pro wrestling, where it's a "show" but not a sport and it would not recover any time soon.

I'm sorry but getting a few million more views or a few more games in a series isn't worth the risk of potentially ruining the entire league.

That's not even mentioning the logistics of actually making this happen being unrealistic.

Face it, if you believe theirs some sort of conspiracy with officials you're a retard and need to find a less complicated sport to follow.

NBA officiating is difficult, they make bad calls, PERIOD.

DMX7
05-28-2012, 09:58 PM
son you should know who Alex Morgan is by now! ...

http://i48.tinypic.com/zwklqf.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2rfdawp.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/14wxb7s.jpg

Didn't even realize that. She looks completely different there. I was one of the first people to bring her up in the Soccer threads. My girl is all grown up!

PublicOption
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
That was a 2 step euro step, watch it again. I thought for sure it was a travel. TIVo'd and sure enough it was 2 steps and a layup nothing else. It was a legal move. He did not travel.

jbspurs
05-29-2012, 12:45 AM

You should get a High def...

pikkiwoki
05-29-2012, 05:15 AM
It wasn't a travel but it's understandable that people would think it was at first glance because his final dribble was obscured by all the congestion in the lane. The replay from the camera above the basket clearly shows that last dribble though. Not a travel.

The Reckoning
05-29-2012, 05:33 AM
son the NBA wants New York and Los Angeles in the finals every year. that is nothing new.

fify