PDA

View Full Version : Funny argument I had with an OKC fan at halftime.

xellos88330
05-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Me: FINALLY!!! A team that can keep up with the Spurs!

OKC fan: I understand what you mean. The Spurs have had it easy in this years playoffs.

Me: I guess they have. I am actually surprised that OKC didn't have an easier time with their matchups.

OKC fan: *a little bit flustered* The Thunder just eliminated the last two NBA Champions. Of course it wasn't going to be blowout after blowout.

Me: You can't compare last years Mavericks and this years Mavs. Not having Chandler and Barea was a huge blow. The Lakers took a huge hit by trading Odom to the Mavs, and picking up Ramon Sessions; a streaky shooter at best, and then not having a coach like Jackson. The Lakers weren't the same this year.

OKC fan: They were still better than Utah and the Clippers.

Me: Dallas had the same record as Utah in the regular season. The Lakers won the division by 1 game over the Clippers. I don't see much of a difference. If those teams really were playing like previous champions, shouldn't they be at the top of the league by a good margin?

OKC fan: *getting mad* What have the Spurs accomplished besides getting beat by an 8th seed last year?

Me: WCF appearance this year. The past is the past. Don't care about the Grizzlies.

OKC fan: You should care. The Spurs got their asses beat.

Me: The Bulls got beat by an 8th seed this year. Hard to win a series in the playoffs with hurt players. The Thunder just haven't figured that part out yet.

OKC fan: Still doesn't change the fact that they beat your team.

Me: I know, but that same Grizzlies team took a healthy Thunder team to 7 games last year. If you ask me, the Thunder should have swept them with the way you are talking. The fact they didn't means that they just simply weren't ready. I wonder if the Thunder would have won that series if Harden had a broken arm.

OKC fan: Ok, now you are pissing me off.

Me: Why?

OKC fan: You are acting like a cocky prick.

Me: I am?

OKC fan: Yea, you need to shut the fuck up and look at the scoreboard.

Me: A whole point? Last I remember a free throw can tie the game.

OKC fan: SHUT UP!!!

Me: Fine. I need another beer anyways, but before I go, the difference between a Spurs fan and a Thunder fan, is the same as the teams. Experience vs. Youth. You are a new fan, I understand that. But if you are going to try to piss me off, you need to first learn how the game is played. Good luck in the series and check the scoreboard for me at the end of the game.

OKC fan: Fuck off!!!

True story. People were laughing their asses off. :toast

stxspurs
05-28-2012, 11:49 AM
would have been awesome if u found him after the game:flag:

xellos88330
05-28-2012, 11:51 AM
He was sitting in my section, and left early. I was yelling "SCOREBOARD" but he either didn't hear or was refusing to acknowledge.

stxspurs
05-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Nice!!

freetiago
05-28-2012, 11:52 AM
shouldnt have made a thread about a conversation you had with yourself tbh

ill give it a 2/10

Interrohater
05-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Xellos with the game winner

JRHernandez88
05-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Got em!

xellos88330
05-28-2012, 11:59 AM

ill give it a 2/10

Well if it really was a conversation with myself, you should give it a 0/10 tbh. :toast

Frenzy
05-28-2012, 12:00 PM
If I was okc fan I would just say "look free tacos"

Paranoid Pop
05-28-2012, 12:04 PM

ill give it a 2/10

:lol

Creepn
05-28-2012, 12:08 PM
:tu

thispego
05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Lame

Sean Cagney
05-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds to me like some younger fan who has no real history of the game knowledge. He just remembers last year or new THUNDER (Not Sonics etc.) and is somewhat fairweather.