PDA

View Full Version : thunderfan documenting spurfan posts

TE
05-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Anyone notice this on the OKCthunderfan forum on the teamthunder subforum? Some poster gathers posts from the opposing teams' forum and puts em onto a blog. Only posts that are I guess deemed worthy enough are put on display for their fanbase to laugh at or critique. Thought it was funny but it's kinda getting to me just thinking about it. It's funny how some OKC fans are self-entitled to believe their team is going to receive respect from officials. What's funny is that they are very confident in the Thunder taking the series despite the epic chokejob last night. Anyways, just wanted to let you all know to watch what you post because it will be on display if it's worthy enough by their standards.

TE
05-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Can someone get on the okcthunderforum website and link the thread? I can't do it cause I'm posting from my phone lol.

Solid D
05-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I hadn't noticed but it's always a good idea to think before you: post, tweet, speak, etc.. If Spurstalk personalities don't care about what they post on a site with a huge number of members, why would they care about a few hundred others viewing?

Obstructed_View
05-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Let them have their fun. They've only got three games left in their season.

Sense
05-28-2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.okcthunderfans.com/vforum/showthread.php?8735-Comments-from-Spurs-Fans-Game-1-5-27

I think it's amusing that someone makes a blog about posts on a forum this big :lol

Brutalis
05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Document this post.

I did respect OKC before the game. But I haven't seen a team cry so much every time the whistle blew. They literally throw their hands up together and Perkins should have gotten a tech in one instance.

Not just that, but they are trash talking douche puppets. Good lord how some of their mouths just run.

And didn't Duncan try to help one of them up and they just act like a prissy bitch and refuse his hand?

FUCK OKC. Nothing has changed since this club was in Seattle.

You can change your location. You can change your name, and your fans. But the culture is the same as it's always been.

Solid D
05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Dude, Brutalis. That's pretty harsh. I know folks in OKC and I've even been to a Thunder game there. They are good people, good fans.

DJB
05-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Thunder fans have a forum?

Question: are they from Oklahoma or Seattle?

Spursmania
05-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Meh...Who cares what OKC fans say or think.
Until they win a Championship they are just like all the other fan bases trying to break out of the mold.

DMC
05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Well, they cannot go the distance giving each other reach arounds. There must be some angst else the series will lack that pop, that sizzle, that ... that... nasty.

pgardn
05-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Should we feel violated?

DMC
05-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Should we feel violated?
If so how much do I owe you?

san antonio spurs
05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Document this post.

I did respect OKC before the game. But I haven't seen a team cry so much every time the whistle blew. They literally throw their hands up together and Perkins should have gotten a tech in one instance.

Not just that, but they are trash talking douche puppets. Good lord how some of their mouths just run.

And didn't Duncan try to help one of them up and they just act like a prissy bitch and refuse his hand?

FUCK OKC. Nothing has changed since this club was in Seattle.

You can change your location. You can change your name, and your fans. But the culture is the same as it's always been.
You are definitely overreacting. Spurs players act the same way when the whistle blows. I didn't see those trash talking scenes you are talking about either. Also, don't act like Thunder players are the first to not take a hand from an opposing player in the playoffs.

100%duncan
05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Let them do what they want. Hell we have a bunch of homers too. Let's just celebrate when all is done and we have our fifth.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Eat My Ass, THUNDERFAN

[i wonder if i made the cut]

Floyd Pacquiao
05-28-2012, 08:38 PM
lol what teh fuk

thunderfan
05-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Woaahhh....no. I absolutely have not posted posts from this board to another or attempted to make a mockery of anyone or anything said here. I've been nothing but respectful. I don't appreciate the accusation.

100%duncan
05-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Woaahhh....no. I absolutely have not posted posts from this board to another or attempted to make a mockery of anyone or anything said here. I've been nothing but respectful. I don't appreciate the accusation.
It's not about you. It's the term we use to call other teams fans.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Of course they are hanging on our nuts. Buck up.

The Reckoning
05-28-2012, 08:47 PM
idk if youve been on this forum the past few days, but we're doing the exact same thing.

"okc fan thinks this, that"

who cares? they live in oklahoma. poor souls.

pgardn
05-28-2012, 08:49 PM
If so how much do I owe you?

Wait...

I violate people by pulling their clavicle forward so I can tear a lung out.

Yet you live...?

ShoogarBear
05-28-2012, 08:49 PM

:lol

You chose your username . . . poorly.

thunderfan
05-28-2012, 08:52 PM

It wasn't too original. I don't really involve myself in such trivial drama. I've gotten old enough to realize how pointless it is. I just pretty much discuss basketball

easjer
05-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I thought it was funny. Snippets from game blogs/chats are funny to read in retrospect, and it's not like ST/Spurfan doesn't do the same kind of documentation by linking and quoting from forums. This guy simply does it via a slightly different medium.

Budkin
05-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I went over there a couple days ago and I have to say I was impressed with all the respect they were showing the Spurs. But really, who gives a fuck what anyone says on forums. Not a single one of us has any effect on the outcome of the games, it's up to the Spurs to make us happy. Make us happy dammit!

Brutalis
05-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Dude, Brutalis. That's pretty harsh. I know folks in OKC and I've even been to a Thunder game there. They are good people, good fans.
Well I didn't mean the fans. Never met one much less seen one in my neighbor state. But how their team acted last night was a shadow of that Sonics team we beat a few years ago with Allen.

I just cannot stand shit talking and I heard a lot of it from Perkins and Durant.

spursfaninla
05-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Us watching them watching us.

Drama!

thunderfan
05-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Well I didn't mean the fans. Never met one much less seen one in my neighbor state. But how their team acted last night was a shadow of that Sonics team we beat a few years ago with Allen.

I just cannot stand shit talking and I heard a lot of it from Perkins and Durant.

Dont see it. I've been near court many times in OKC. Rarely hear or see anything from OKC players that would be considered unsportsmanlike shit talk.

Brutalis
You are definitely overreacting. Spurs players act the same way when the whistle blows. I didn't see those trash talking scenes you are talking about either. Also, don't act like Thunder players are the first to not take a hand from an opposing player in the playoffs.
The Spurs aren't near as dramatic as the Thunder when the whistle blows. And yeah I am a little over the top on the subject but I cannot stand the mouth running.

The Reckoning

what do you think we have jax for?

Whisky Dog
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
The Spurs will talk some shit too. I've seen Manu, Parker, even Duncan throwing some words out in ears. Hell Jax was in Durant's ear All 4th quarter.

Barking shit is just part of the game. The Spurs have seen and heard it all so no worries just winning.

Brutalis
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Well then I take back what I said. I know Jax talks shit, but yeah. Being defensive I guess.

But Perkins is a little bitch still, and Fisher is one stuck up little princess. I hate that we are from the same place.

thunderfan
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Perkins can be a bit of a pleader. Not sure Id feel confident calling him a little bitch though. We're all pretty tough online though I guess

Brutalis
05-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Perkins can be a bit of a pleader. Not sure Id feel confident calling him a little bitch though. We're all pretty tough online though I guess
http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/imported_images/i297.photobucket.com/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

Bender
05-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I noticed that. Harden. My first thought was that I wished duncan had immediately flipped the bird at him. Not likely to ever happen though.

san antonio spurs
05-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Well then I take back what I said. I know Jax talks shit, but yeah. Being defensive I guess.

But Perkins is a little bitch still, and Fisher is one stuck up little princess. I hate that we are from the same place.

Are you a boxer? I know it's a common thing for boxers or martial arts fighters to invent some bullshit and convince themselves of such thing in order to HATE the opponent.
I don't think you need to use those tactics on a message board.

Holt's Cat
05-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Bwutalis is from Arkansas.

GSH
05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Anyone notice this on the OKCthunderfan forum on the teamthunder subforum? Some poster gathers posts from the opposing teams' forum and puts em onto a blog. Only posts that are I guess deemed worthy enough are put on display for their fanbase to laugh at or critique. Thought it was funny but it's kinda getting to me just thinking about it. It's funny how some OKC fans are self-entitled to believe their team is going to receive respect from officials. What's funny is that they are very confident in the Thunder taking the series despite the epic chokejob last night. Anyways, just wanted to let you all know to watch what you post because it will be on display if it's worthy enough by their standards.

They're obviously new to all of this.

ViceCity86
05-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Thunderfan.com exposes Israel Gutierezz
Izzy picks Lakers over Thunder
Izzy picks Thunder over Spurs

Thunder fans are like WTF

Leetonidas
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
going to another team's forum :lmao

timvp
05-29-2012, 09:44 AM
It was mildly entertaining until I read:

Jax just sucks... Jefferson would play better than him...

:smchode: again

CubanMustGo
05-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Hell, we did the same thing before the Memphis series when some dude over on one of their boards went and bragged about how he was going to come and troll the hell of of ST.

And many of the fans in that thread are pretty complementary of SpurFan in general, to boot.

Durant 35
05-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Whats wrong with what happens over there? its always interesting what fans of the other teams say and sometimes funny

there is nothing but respect over there for you and your team.

easjer
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Whats wrong with what happens over there? its always interesting what fans of the other teams say and sometimes funny

Nothing is wrong with it. Some Spurs fans are just hyper-sensitive (like a subset of fans from every team, I suppose).

Budkin
05-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Agreed, I've been very impressed reading posts over there.

bus driver
05-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Let them have their fun. They've only got three games left in their season.

amen! :flag:

FkLA
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Whats the big deal? In the link provided on the first page they have nothing but good things to say about the team and the posts here.

Whisky Dog
05-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Tbh I'm actually surprised Perkins developed into a rotation player in the NBA. Going back to HS the guys was always surly as hell but was really lazy too. I would have bet money he would be another 6'11" bust due to lak of work ethic but he's made strides since his Ozen days. Still the surliest of mother fuckers though.

Splits
05-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Whats the big deal? In the link provided on the first page they have nothing but good things to say about the team and the posts here.

This. The post only has 12 replies while this thread is working on 50, but they are not flame throwing bullshitters from what I read. They probably have a tenth of the number of posters as ST, and those 10% seem to be the people who care about and analyze the play on the court rather than focusing in on superfluous bullshit (ala Lakerground).

I hate Oklahoma as much as the next Texan, but Thunderfan seems to get it.

EDIT: and I don't mean "thunderfan" the ST handle, I mean "the Thunder fans that post on okcthunderfans.com".

gilmor
05-29-2012, 05:05 PM

LOL Deja vu..

this is like that Indiana Jones Movie where the knight said to Harrison Ford.. 'You have chosen .... wisely..'

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
We have enough stupidity on our own forums (I direct you to the Sjax is worse than RJ thread) without having to go to another to look for more.

Axe Murderer
05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Anyone notice this on the OKCthunderfan forum on the teamthunder subforum?

Yeah I saw it awhile ago when I lurked there and said something about it before.

One of the most homosexual things I've ever seen