PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Heat NBA Finals predictions

djohn2oo8
05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
I see SA beating OKC in 5 as they win both at home and steal one in OKC, then close it out at home. Miami/Boston will most likely be a complete snoozefest as Nono predicted. So who wins and how many games? I say Spurs in 6.

Ace
05-28-2012, 10:10 PM
If Bosh is back and ready to go, Heat in 6...

DMX7
05-28-2012, 10:11 PM
If Bosh is back and ready to go, Heat in 6...

Spurs would have homecourt. That's all I'm saying.

Venti Quattro
05-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Miami in 6 games.

ElNono
05-28-2012, 10:12 PM
With Bosh, Spurs in 5... without, sweep... same thing if OKC advances, tbh

irishock
05-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Spurs in 7.

Kai
05-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Really have no idea. I think the Spurs might be the better team, but can anyone here seriously imagine the Heat losing to anyone with Wade and LeBron playing like this?

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Really have no idea. I think the Spurs might be the better team, but can anyone here seriously imagine the Heat losing to anyone with Wade and LeBron playing like this?

Absolutely, for one, they won't have HCA against either, two, no one knows if Bosh will return and what he will give them.

They are playing a decimated Celtics team who has one consistent player right now with KG, and Rondo has big games at times. Ray has one healthy ankle, PP isn't 100%, and their bench is weak.

It would depend if Bosh is back, and what he gives them.

Spurs in 5-6 if the matchup occured.

Spursfan092120
05-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Spurs or the Thunder are a much stronger team than anyone Miami has faced in the playoffs, including Boston...and hungrier. I can definitely imagine them losing to either team. Spurs or OKC would have swept Indy.

LkrFan
05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Spurs in 6. No way Stern allows them to sweep though.

Spurs
Spurs
Hype
Spurs
Hype
Spurs

Final tally: Duncan: 5, Kobe: 5, Wade: 1*, LeHype: :lmao

Kai
05-28-2012, 11:06 PM
OKC/SA might have swept Indy, but I think it's pretty obvious that there was a transition period after the Bosh injury and the Heat are playing like a completely different team than the one that dropped 2 straight.

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 11:10 PM
OKC/SA might have swept Indy, but I think it's pretty obvious that there was a transition period after the Bosh injury and the Heat are playing like a completely different team than the one that dropped 2 straight.

Look who they've played.

A Pacers team who has some nice pieces, but no superstars to take over. Boston is just decimated right now.

As i already said, the Pacers would be 6th-8th in the West, yet they are 3rd in the East.

And Boston has one consistent scorer in KG, they got nothing from no one else. Rondo had 16, but had 20 shots.

Jacob1983
05-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Spurs fans, I would be careful about this. If Stern wants to pull the trigger on Lebron finally winning the Larry O'Brien Trophy, he will do it. Be prepared if it happens.

If Stern does not rig the Finals, I really think the Spurs can sweep the Heat. If not, I will go with the Spurs in 5.

Spur_Fanatic
05-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Heat would own the Thunder.

Spurs wont get there, so not even worth considering it.

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
This thread will be gold in a couple of weeks...

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 11:13 PM
This thread will be gold in a couple of weeks...

Yet you'll be nowhere to be found if they lose.

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Yet you'll be nowhere to be found if they lose.

I was here last year when they lost...

You realize nobody cares about your shitty takes or even takes you serious? :lol

Kai
05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Look who they've played.

A Pacers team who has some nice pieces, but no superstars to take over. Boston is just decimated right now.

As i already said, the Pacers would be 6th-8th in the West, yet they are 3rd in the East.

And Boston has one consistent scorer in KG, they got nothing from no one else. Rondo had 16, but had 20 shots.

I would pick the Spurs to beat the Heat, but discrediting the Heat for playing against lesser competition or hiccuping after losing a huge cog in their system isn't fair. The Heat have won convincingly in most of their playoff games. That's what elite teams do.

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 11:20 PM

You realize nobody cares about your shitty takes or even takes you serious? :lol

Good for you, want a cookie.

No one cares about you or the shitty East faggot.

Spursfan092120
05-28-2012, 11:20 PM

I take him serious..honestly, his takes are pretty accurate..who has Miami faced in these playoffs? And the last time they played the Spurs, they were a completely different team. This is a hungry team making one last stand for a ring. They are the deepest, most talented team in the league, bar none..including your Heat. Say what you want, but you can't tell me you're confident Miami will win the title this year if you have to do it against the Spurs.

HarlemHo 37
05-28-2012, 11:21 PM

Lebron and Wade don't feed off Bosh, he feeds off them. Miami lost because Wade scored 5 points. What transition period are you talking about?

BlairForceDejuan
05-28-2012, 11:22 PM
spurs in 4

lol @ that ugly heroball bullshit

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Good for you, want a cookie.

No one cares about you or the shitty East faggot.

You care enough that you're posting about it... :lol

Seriously look at your pathetic ass, you've already given up on the Thunder. :lmao

Jacob1983
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
The Spurs will have HCA in the Finals and they've never lost an NBA Finals either. History is on the Spurs' side, not the Heat's. The Spurs' defense will turn Wade and lebron into jump shooters and everyone knows that Lebron and Wade aren't great jump shooters or 3 pointer shooters.

Kai
05-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Lebron and Wade don't feed off Bosh, he feeds off them. Miami lost because Wade scored 5 points. What transition period are you talking about?

Even if I pretended like that were true, It still doesn't make sense. Bosh feeding off of them is better than no Bosh at all. They had to learn to compensate. Wade scoring 5 had a lot to do with the attention Indy was able to move to the perimeter since Bosh was out.

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:26 PM
spurs in 4

lol @ that ugly heroball bullshit

Normally I would think you just didn't watch the game with such a shit take but you've already proven yourself to simply just not know shit.

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 11:27 PM
You care enough that you're posting about it... :lol

Seriously look at your pathetic ass, you've already given up on the Thunder. :lmao

LOL, good one.

Given up?

I said before the series i think the Spurs win the series, they are just that good.

They don't have a big weakness ANYONE left can exploit over a 7-game series. They pretty much have to win Game 2, i don't see them winning 4/5 against SA.

The only real flaw you could say is their bigs, and who left has top bigs to exploit that, umm, no one.

My point still stands, who has Miami played?

Knicks who were without their starting PG, SG, Chandler with the flu, and a few other injuries.

A decent Pacers team took them to 6 games.

Now Boston, who i have a lot of respect for, but flat out is too decimated to win this series.

This Spurs team doesn't have a big weakness plus they'd have HCA which is huge in the NBA Finals should the matchup happen.

ElNono
05-28-2012, 11:27 PM
IMO, with some hard work you can keep both Bron and Wade at 50 combined... who else is going to chip in the other 50 points eveyr night? Battier? Chalmers? Mike Miller who's glued to the 3 point line?

Miami isn't holding down the Spurs or OKC offense to 90... maybe one game... not happening over a 7 game series...

ElNono
05-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Oh, and if it's the Spurs... who's guarding TD????? I know this worries you, Ace...

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
LOL, good one.

Given up?

I said before the series i think the Spurs win the series, they are just that good.

They don't have a big weakness ANYONE left can exploit over a 7-game series. They pretty much have to win Game 2, i don't see them winning 4/5 against SA.

The only real flaw you could say is their bigs, and who left has top bigs to exploit that, umm, no one

I only read this far, you gave upPERIOD

On top of that shown you didn't even really watch the Thunder/Lakers series by my nigga TC.

BlairForceDejuan
05-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Sweep Ace.

fuk your hypeball clown

Heat don't even have a team lmao.

TIMMYtoZO
05-28-2012, 11:32 PM
With Bosh being back and effective for the finals, Miami in 5. This team is just too good and too much for anyone to deal with in a series. They have the experience of last year, so they know what they need to do. They have a suffocating D and the role players have arrived.

ElNono
05-28-2012, 11:33 PM
sup Jerry :lol

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 11:34 PM
I only read this far, you gave upPERIOD

On top of that shown you didn't even really watch the Thunder/Lakers series by my nigga TC.

I gave up, did i say the series was over, i'd like to see a post where i said the series was over with.

It was 2 AM, i was off by 2-3 points, i said the score was 101-98, that was Game 4 IIRC, score in Game 3 was 99-96, close enough.

I said they still won the game when they got held to 77-78 points in Game 2.

HarlemHo 37
05-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Even if I pretended like that were true, It still doesn't make sense. Bosh feeding off of them is better than no Bosh at all. They had to learn to compensate. Wade scoring 5 had a lot to do with the attention Indy was able to move to the perimeter since Bosh was out.

Then what happened? Wade adjusted to Bosh being out by making outside jumpshots? He had a shit game and the Pacers couldn't miss. The Pacers are one-dimensional. They live and die on the perimeter and it's the main reason they didn't advance. It's funny because Lebron and Chalmers didn't struggle in Bosh's absence. I'm just sick and tired of the excuses. The East is garbage. The Pacers would get rolled in the first round out west.

TIMMYtoZO
05-28-2012, 11:36 PM
sup Jerry :lol

Hey Mike. Still feeling fucked up from Tabitha's party? :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-28-2012, 11:36 PM
:lol These Thunder trolls are terrible, tbh, atrocious takes..

HarlemHo with another terrible argument, per the usual:lol..now it makes sense why he hides behind a troll, his basketball takes are historically bad:lol..

Miami-Spurs would be a toss-up, but I would predict Miami in 6..as I said last year, even though I predicted Miami to win the title, Dallas was Miami's worst match-up in the West..their defense was zone-oriented, which is Miami's weakness on offense, and they had Marion/Kidd/Stevenson to throw at Lebron, with Chandler inside..

The Spurs don't have any above average perimeter defenders, and Duncan would have a difficult time covering Lebron and Wade's slashing IMO..

Spurs advantage would be in depth and coaching..also, Duncan would have to play like he did in his prime IMO, which is possible, with Miami's weak interior..

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:37 PM
IMO, with some hard work you can keep both Bron and Wade at 50 combined... who else is going to chip in the other 50 points eveyr night? Battier? Chalmers? Mike Miller who's glued to the 3 point line?

Miami isn't holding down the Spurs or OKC offense to 90... maybe one game... not happening over a 7 game series...
With hard work? It's that easy? :lmao

Oh, and if it's the Spurs... who's guarding TD????? I know this worries you, Ace...

Of course it does but only if he can continue to play at a high level. Still not sold that Miami can not beat the Spurs with everyone healthy.

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Sweep Ace.

fuk your hypeball clown

Heat don't even have a team lmao.

:lmao Great take

TIMMYtoZO
05-28-2012, 11:40 PM
:lmao Great take

Hey Jerry. How did things go with Andrea last night?

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:41 PM
I gave up, did i say the series was over, i'd like to see a post where i said the series was over with.

It was 2 AM, i was off by 2-3 points, i said the score was 101-98, that was Game 4 IIRC, score in Game 3 was 99-96, close enough.

I said they still won the game when they got held to 77-78 points in Game 2.

You haven't said otherwise and pretty much penciled the Spurs going to the finals in this thread.

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey Jerry. How did things go with Andrea last night?

You know she's a slut...

KD4MVP
05-28-2012, 11:43 PM
You haven't said otherwise and pretty much penciled the Spurs going to the finals in this thread.

I said should the matchup happen if they advance and play Miami.

And said it pretty much depends in Game 2, b/c i don't see OKC winning 4/5 against SA.

If they win Game 2, we got a series, if not, it's gonna be tough as hell.

TIMMYtoZO
05-28-2012, 11:43 PM
You know she's a slut...

:lol I do, but did you tap that?

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:45 PM
I said should the matchup happen if they advance and play Miami.

And said it pretty much depends in Game 2, b/c i don't see OKC winning 4/5 against SA.

If they win Game 2, we got a series, if not, it's gonna be tough as hell.

Gave up tbh

dbreiden83080
05-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Miami in 6 games.

:lol

It took them 6 to beat the fuckin Pacers...

OKC or the Spurs beat the Heat...

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:46 PM
:lol I do, but did you tap that?

Nah, she gave me head tho...

Spurs da champs
05-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Miami's perimeter defense is really good, which is why Tim is gonna need to dominate one last time against those midgets on Miami.

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:48 PM

It took them 6 to beat the fuckin Pacers...

Spurs fans are really simple minded :lmao

HarlemHo 37
05-28-2012, 11:48 PM

HarlemHo with another terrible argument, per the usual:lol..now it makes sense why he hides behind a troll, his basketball takes are historically bad:lol..

Miami-Spurs would be a toss-up, but I would predict Miami in 6..as I said last year, even though I predicted Miami to win the title, Dallas was Miami's worst match-up in the West..their defense was zone-oriented, which is Miami's weakness on offense, and they had Marion/Kidd/Stevenson to throw at Lebron, with Chandler inside..

The Spurs don't have any above average perimeter defenders, and Duncan would have a difficult time covering Lebron and Wade's slashing IMO..

Spurs advantage would be in depth and coaching..also, Duncan would have to play like he did in his prime IMO, which is possible, with Miami's weak interior..

:lmao You cant handle the truth. you've got your head rammed so far up Lebron's ass, you can't observe reality around you. Rest assured, you'll get a much needed reality check in a couple of weeks time.

Don't start backtracking now. You're off the bandwagon, remember.

dbreiden83080
05-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Spurs fans are really simple minded :lmao

Really

Spurs are deeper
Better coached
Make less mistakes
Have More experience..

Heat have 2 superstars 1 that has made choking a yearly ritual...

BlairForceDejuan
05-28-2012, 11:51 PM
lol thinking that hypeball stands a chance

East. Joke of the league. Congrats on being able to run iso's on a completely worn down old ass team.

ElNono
05-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Hey Mike. Still feeling fucked up from Tabitha's party? :lol

Yeah. Lashawnda's party was way better though :lol

dbreiden83080
05-28-2012, 11:56 PM
lol thinking that hypeball stands a chance

East. Joke of the league. Congrats on being able to run iso's on a completely worn down old ass team.

A team that needed 7 games to get bye a mediocre 76er team with no offensive weapons whatsoever..

ElNono
05-28-2012, 11:58 PM
With hard work? It's that easy? :lmao

The boston inepts that got dragged to 7 games by philly limited them to 53 :lol

I'm being generous with 50, tbh...

Of course it does but only if he can continue to play at a high level. Still not sold that Miami can not beat the Spurs with everyone healthy.

I'm convinced, tbh... plus if I don't run my mouth now, when? :lol

Ace
05-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Really

Spurs are deeper
Better coached
Make less mistakes
Have More experience..

Heat have 2 superstars 1 that has made choking a yearly ritual...

No need for another simple minded post I already knew you were capable of that...

BlairForceDejuan
05-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Gonna have to wait a couple more years ace. Lebron will get a ring eventually.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:00 AM

...so you're basically pegging the loss on Spo, par the course... :lol

Ace
05-29-2012, 12:02 AM
The boston inepts that got dragged to 7 games by philly limited them to 53 :lol

I'm being generous with 50, tbh...

:lmao Limited?

Wade 8/13
LeBron 13/22

POD1978
05-29-2012, 12:05 AM
These Spurs have been just like the Pats in the NFL the last decade plus. They win every year. They don't always win the:lobt2:, but they are always an elite threat with a franchise core, a superb front office, players who understand their roles, and a great understanding of the salary cap system. These spurs can simply not be beat in a best of 7. Maybe in a sudden death situation (ie. NFL), but not in the NBA. :flag:

Hooks
05-29-2012, 12:07 AM
The East is a joke compared to the West, the 3 seed Pacers wouldn't even beat the 6th seed Nuggets.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:07 AM
:lmao Limited?

Wade 8/13
LeBron 13/22

They scored 53 combined, yes or no? :lol

dbreiden83080
05-29-2012, 12:15 AM
No need for another simple minded post I already knew you were capable of that...

Dallas beat them last year in 6 with Bosh 100% how the hell are they beating SA or OKC this year with Bosh hurt????

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 12:18 AM
The East is a joke compared to the West, the 3 seed Pacers wouldn't even beat the 6th seed Nuggets.

Indiana would have defeated Denver in 5..

z0sa
05-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Very very tough call. One could argue and speculate over a number of different outcomes, and so much of those outcomes are affected by the momentum of the CFs. If both teams make it, of course.

I would say Spurs in 6 if they beat Thunder in 5 or less and Bosh is out one or more games.. Spurs in 6 or 7 if they beat the Thunder in 6 or 7 and/or Bosh is full health the entire series. HCA would be the deciding factor and that's why I think the odds are against an EC champion tbh.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:20 AM

Based on what? Denver dropped 113 in Indiana the only time they played this season and won the game...

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 12:23 AM

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 12:24 AM

Denver would win that in 5 tbh

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 12:25 AM

Denver took the Lakers to 7 games, and probably would have won if Steve Blake doesn't turn into Deron Williams that game.

Indiana is a solid team, but they would be 6th-8th in the West, the West is just that deep/good.

And Denver would of won in 5 or 6 max vs Indiana.

HarlemHo 37
05-29-2012, 12:27 AM

:lmao Harlem just clowning himself now.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Indy is a dumb team... George Hill is classy, but you can tell why the Spurs got rid of him... Granger has mental issues and Hibbert is the guy that's too dumb to give you consistent performances...

z0sa
05-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Pacers real problem is coaching and the overall general attitude.. they over relied on jumpshooting over the top rather than feeding cutters and Hibbert tbh. And the fake Bad Boy acts are really stupid, but that's part of the problems with the 'attitude' of the team.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 12:30 AM
spurs in 6

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Pacers real problem is coaching and the overall general attitude.. they over relied on jumpshooting over the top rather than feeding cutters and Hibbert tbh. And the fake Bad Boy acts are really stupid, but that's part of the problems with the 'attitude' of the team.

Hibbert is dumb. Overrated Scrub. Players are dumb.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 12:31 AM
The Nuggets were the worst defensive team in the playoffs, they were in the top 10 worst defensive teams in the NBA, this season..they're a fast-paced, no defense team, with only 1 decent big on the roster(and he's a rookie)..

Their style of play does not translate to the playoffs, at all..

Indiana was a much more balanced team, they were in the top 10 in both offense and defense, they have 2 legit all-star caliber players(Granger and Hibbert) and a legit post presence(Hibbert)..

Their style of play translates much more smoothly to the playoffs..

Indiana and Denver have the same type of rosters, no superstars, but Indiana is more talented and balanced, which was evident..

:lol The West has been just as bad as the East..the Clippers' best player was playing on one leg vs. the Spurs, Zach Randolph was virtually useless this season, and Utah/Denver don't play a style of play that successfully translates to playoff basketball..

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 12:32 AM
:lol arguing about Indiana's IQ in an argument involving the Denver Nuggets, arguably the dumbest team in NBA history..

z0sa
05-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Hibbert is dumb. Overrated Scrub.

Tim Duncan doesn't seem to think so ...

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:40 AM
:lol what does "translate to the playoffs" even means this season? The better teams, including Miami, are all offensive powerhouses... as a matter of fact, teams like Chicago that were defensive stalwarts even without Rose, are all fishing right now because they couldn't generate enough offense...

While I agree that guys like McGee are 20x dumber than Hibbert, that doesn't make Hibbert anything impressive, tbh... plus guys like Capt West have always choked hard in the playoffs...

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
On another note, is Harlem a Heat fan or Spurs fan, i can't tell the way he/she talks about both teams.

I know it says Spurs, but it's hard to tell the way he/she posts about both teams lol.

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 12:44 AM
On another note, is Harlem a Heat fan or Spurs fan, i can't tell the way he/she talks about both teams.

I know it says Spurs, but it's hard to tell the way he/she posts about both teams lol.

Spurs and Hype fan.

KD4MVP
Denver is dumb, yet Indiana who has a big advantage inside is jacking 3's instead of feeding Hibbert/West?

And Denver was pretty good defensively vs LA after Karl put in Mosgov, and gave McGee more minutes instead of Koufos. Probably win the series if they start out like that.

ElNono
Harlem has a schtick for Lebron going, and thus has now bandwagonned towards the Heat. :lol

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 12:45 AM
:lol what does "translate to the playoffs" even means this season? The better teams, including Miami, are all offensive powerhouses... as a matter of fact, teams like Chicago that were defensive stalwarts even without Rose, are all fishing right now because they couldn't generate enough offense...

While I agree that guys like McGee are 20x dumber than Hibbert, that doesn't make Hibbert anything impressive, tbh... plus guys like Capt West have always choked hard in the playoffs...

Agree on this. OKC and Spurs are offensive powerhouses too and guess what they are the top 2 teams remaining from the 4.

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Lebron is finally playing the way we all expect him to... which is straight dominating niggas. SA has NOBODY who can check him or Wade.... Heat in 6. Having said that OKC will win the West and that will be a much tougher series for Miami.

tlongII
05-29-2012, 12:47 AM
They may be down 1-0, but OKC is going to win it all.

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 12:49 AM
They may be down 1-0, but OKC is going to win it all.

After all you've done for us, I owe you a drink tbh.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:52 AM
The Spurs can lay an egg at any time against OKC, tbh... their best players in Game 1 were clearly Westbrook and Scott Brooks, but you can't count on them giving away games every time, tbh...

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Lebron is finally playing the way we all expect him to... which is straight dominating niggas. SA has NOBODY who can check him or Wade.... Heat in 6. Having said that OKC will win the West and that will be a much tougher series for Miami.

It's not about shutting them down, it's limiting them where both go off where i doubt Pop would if they advance past OKC.

They can throw a combination of looks at them with Green, Manu, Leonard, Jackson. If you hold them to around, say 50-55 combined, that's a win.

Where does the other 40-45 points come from?

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:10 AM
I just think the spurs are on a mission, this could be their last chance at a title, while leCrab is just coasting knowing he's got plenty of more chances to get one in the future, so choking to him isn't that bad. Spurs play like a team, while miami plays hero ball with no bench or bigs, it will fly against weak east teams in the playoffs, but not against a REAL team that has superior coaching, chemistry, bench, experience, as well as homecourt advantage.

z0sa
05-29-2012, 01:13 AM
I just think the spurs are on a mission, this could be their last chance at a title, while leCrab is just coasting knowing he's got plenty of more chances to get one in the future, so choking to him isn't that bad. Spurs play like a team, while miami plays hero ball with no bench or bigs, it will fly against weak east teams in the playoffs, but not against a REAL team that has superior coaching, chemistry, bench, experience, as well as homecourt advantage.

The way I see it, the only way Spurs title window stays open with the current squad is by winning a title this season. Losing now would be a colossal failure at this point that would be so disheartening and crushing that Tim might just hang it up.

HarlemHo 37
05-29-2012, 01:14 AM

Heard that in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Still waiting... tbh

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:19 AM

they didn't make wcf those years did they? what is duncan now? 38? chances are this is his last legit chance at a title, tbh

HarlemHo 37
05-29-2012, 01:23 AM
they didn't make wcf those years did they? what is duncan now? 38? chances are this is his last legit chance at a title, tbh

36, and it has nothing to do with making the WCF's. They were the no. 1 seed and lost in the first round last year. The point was it's been said many times before and by all accounts, this season shouldn't be happening.

Jacob1983
05-29-2012, 01:26 AM
The Spurs made the WCF in 2008. That is the best they've done in a title defense season.

Why is everyone so cautious about the Spurs' chances? They are playing like gods right now. They have no fear in them and they're playing their best basketball in years.

Kai
05-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Off topic, but does anyone know what happened to duncan228?

Jacob1983
05-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Vaporized.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:30 AM
36, and it has nothing to do with making the WCF's. They were the no. 1 seed and lost in the first round last year. The point was it's been said many times before and by all accounts, this season shouldn't be happening.

So what if they were the number one a year ago, they were a jumpshooting team, fools gold, i never saw them as favorites to win it all last year, and neither did anyone else, other than GNSF's. Years prior, they had bonner and mason starting, so again far from legit title contenders. This is my opinion right now, they've proven they are legit by making it this far, and are playing the best basketball, taking into account their balance between penetration and shooting, as well as their upgraded roster, they are as motivated as they'll ever be.

HarlemHo 37
05-29-2012, 01:34 AM
So what if they were the number one a year ago, they were a jumpshooting team, fools gold, i never saw them as favorites to win it all last year, and neither did anyone else, other than GNSF's. Years prior, they had bonner and mason starting, so again far from legit title contenders. This is my opinion right now, they've proven they are legit by making it this far, and are playing the best basketball, taking into account their balance between penetration and shooting, as well as their upgraded roster, they are as motivated as they'll ever be.

The entire roster should be back. Why wouldn't they have a shot next year, if healthy?

HarlemHo 37
05-29-2012, 01:34 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188202&highlight=duncan228

Ditty
05-29-2012, 01:37 AM
It seems little by little the Spurs may be coming back to reality...I hope not, but going to wait until both series are over first. I think its a toss up at this point, Heat have yet to really impress me that I wouldn't want to play them.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:43 AM
The entire roster should be back. Why wouldn't they have a shot next year, if healthy?

well it all still rides on duncan in great part, he gets them easy baskets and is the anchor on d, he's been having an amazing year, playing better than he has in years, chances are he won't duplicate such production next year, he'll be what? 37 pushing 38, also doubtfull theyll bring back the whole roster, you should know better than most what the chances are of spurs repeating :lol

Durant 35
05-29-2012, 01:48 AM

C'mon now you reslly think spurs can win titles when Duncan and Manu are as old as they are? More so when you have a few FAs who will want paying this summer.

HarlemHo 37
05-29-2012, 01:54 AM
C'mon now you reslly think spurs can win titles when Duncan and Manu are as old as they are? More so when you have a few FAs who will want paying this summer.

Diaw is the only ?. Everybody else should be back. Depth is the key and if Duncan and Manu play in the range of 20- 25 minutes a night, sometimes less, with a strung out schedule as opposed to playing everyday or every other day, then I think there's a chance.

Kai
05-29-2012, 02:01 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188202&highlight=duncan228

Damn that sucks, she was cool. You do have to have a little thicker skin than you used to to post around here nowadays, I can see why she decided it wasn't worth it.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Why is everyone so cautious about the Spurs' chances? They are playing like gods right now. They have no fear in them and they're playing their best basketball in years.

Because OKC is pretty much the only team left that can hang with them offensively, IMO

m>s
05-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Look who they've played.

spurs schedule ain't much tougher then heat imho, in the first round they swept the jazz who are rebuilding and then they beat the clippers who had lost half of squad due to injuries. so its fair to say neither team has come across any real challenges the prior rounds and the conference finals are the test stone for both teams

ElNono
05-29-2012, 02:35 AM
spurs schedule ain't much tougher then heat imho, in the first round they swept the jazz who are rebuilding and then they beat the clippers who had lost half of squad due to injuries. so its fair to say neither team has come across any real challenges the prior rounds and the conference finals are the test stone for both teams

:lol Boston has no shot... None, zero

ElNono
05-29-2012, 02:36 AM

She now posts as Stalin, tbh

pikkiwoki
05-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Unlike the Spurs...the Heat have been tested this post season....by the almighty Pacers! :lmao

FkLA
05-29-2012, 06:11 AM
Final tally: Duncan: 5, Kobe: 5, Wade: 1*, LeHype: :lmao

I like that you put Duncan first. Finally admitting who the best player of our generation is. :downspin:

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 06:13 AM

:lmao

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:28 PM

MavDynasty
05-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Lol duncan228 was such a weak unstable bitch she got run out of here. People brought up the fact that ALL she did was post articles and suck Duncan dick and that made her :cry an leave

Dr Cox
05-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Spurs in 7

Stalin
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Lol duncan228 was such a weak unstable bitch she got run out of here. People brought up the fact that ALL she did was post articles and suck Duncan dick and that made her :cry an leave

with so many high level trolls doing work in the nba forum, the weak and easily butthurt will get exposed sooner than later, tbh

BlairForceDejuan
05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
sho am gun b gud seeing heat fan meltdown again after seeing Lebroom get swept yet again. Dude just has bad luck with the finals.

GNHF
06-05-2012, 03:10 PM
:lmao