PDA

View Full Version : Rondo's progression..

HarlemHeat37
05-28-2012, 11:34 PM
is pathetic, tbh..

I used to be a big fan of his potential, but he has made just negligible improvements to his game, tbh..

He still can't shoot, he's still easily contained by top defensive teams..once he realizes that he cannot drive effectively, the rest of his game suffers, and his lack of shooting and hesitation stalls Boston's offense..

He showed flashes against Philly, where Boston advanced due to Rondo's hot shooting during the last 3-4 minutes of the game, but that's just a tease, tbh..he puts up triple doubles and assist numbers, but he doesn't affect the game at a high level on a consistent basis..

ducks
05-29-2012, 12:11 AM
teams are not guarding allen now and with bradley out it really kills them
it exposes rondo

it is kind of like james he still has no post game
he should be able to post up players

ElNono
05-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Rondo is pulling a Bryant in that he props up his numbers against shitty competition... everyone will talk about his 12092394839 assists he racked up against philly, then forget about this Miami series...

InRareForm
05-29-2012, 12:14 AM
it's funny when Media say EVERY YEAR the celtics always have a chance in a series with rondo running the show...

laughable

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Never really got sold on him. That Philly series was fool's gold.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 01:27 AM
is pathetic, tbh..

I used to be a big fan of his potential, but he has made just negligible improvements to his game, tbh..

He still can't shoot, he's still easily contained by top defensive teams..once he realizes that he cannot drive effectively, the rest of his game suffers, and his lack of shooting and hesitation stalls Boston's offense..

He showed flashes against Philly, where Boston advanced due to Rondo's hot shooting during the last 3-4 minutes of the game, but that's just a tease, tbh..he puts up triple doubles and assist numbers, but he doesn't affect the game at a high level on a consistent basis..

This post is 100% correct. I was talking about this with my Dad over the weekend, and he thinks that Rondo plays much better at home, that maybe he's affected by the opposing crowd too much. I guess we'll see if he plays better in Boston this round.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 01:29 AM
it's funny when Media say EVERY YEAR the celtics always have a chance in a series with rondo running the show...

laughable

We do have a chance in any series, if Rondo applies himself and plays like he's capable of. The problem is that Rondo only takes control every 3rd night or so.

Did you hear Doc talking about him after one of the games against the Sixers. He said something like, "Rondo was barking out orders, and got the team really involved. He doesn't usually like to be vocal like that, but it really helped our team."

And then the next night he was passive again. I think the sporting term is "mercurial", and it's frustrating as hell to watch as a fan.

z0sa
05-29-2012, 01:32 AM
His problem is and will always be his jumpshot. disgusting form, low release point, fairly slow mechanics, generally can't shoot off a dribble drive or moving off screens.. it is just way too easy to stop him from scoring, even though he's not afraid of contact and has a great all around game otherwise.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 01:33 AM
His problem is and will always be his jumpshot. disgusting form, low release point, fairly slow mechanics, generally can't shoot off a dribble drive or moving off screens.. it is just way too easy to stop him from scoring, even though he's not afraid of contact and has a great all around game otherwise.

This is especially maddening since he is on the same team as Ray Allen. YOu'd think he could get some tips. :lol

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 01:37 AM
From Chris Forsberg's article tonight

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7982083/2012-nba-playoffs-rajon-rondo-rescue-boston-celtics-vs-miami-heat-game-1

Here's all you need to know: In Boston's 35-point second-quarter outburst, Rondo shot 4-of-7 for eight points with three assists and zero turnovers.

In the other three frames, Rondo was 4-of-13 for eight points with four assists and four turnovers.

As goes Rondo, so go the Celtics.

"He's got to be in attack," admitted Celtics coach Doc Rivers. "I thought the second quarter he was attacking and attacking. I thought he was reading a lot instead of playing on instincts. I think sometimes his IQ hurts him at times. He's trying to read the defense, but you can't read and play with speed at the same time.

"We go through it a lot -- at least Rondo and I -- about, 'Rondo, just trust your instincts. Your speed has to be part of it. Your instincts will take over. You'll make the right decision.'"

z0sa
05-29-2012, 01:41 AM
This is especially maddening since he is on the same team as Ray Allen. YOu'd think he could get some tips. :lol

:wakeup yeah, from a Celticfan perspective it'd definitely be frustrating. In that regard (jumpshooting) he reminds me of pre-2007 TP, before he started working with Chip Engelland, but Parker had a better looking shot originally tbh. Parker still doesn't do good shooting off screens but he is a great pull up jumpshooter and can create space for that shot.. Rondo is almost as quick but even with his speed and physical presence he usually can't create any separation because of how bad his mechanics and form are..

BRHornet45
05-29-2012, 02:16 AM

laughable

son it sells a lot of tickets and it sells a lot of jerseys ... that is all that matters.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 02:20 AM
^ son you see that gina carano movie, she was so hot in it, tbqh

ElNono
05-29-2012, 02:37 AM
This post is 100% correct. I was talking about this with my Dad over the weekend, and he thinks that Rondo plays much better at home, that maybe he's affected by the opposing crowd too much. I guess we'll see if he plays better in Boston this round.

Bill Simmons? :lol

m>s
05-29-2012, 02:38 AM
he & ray allen complete each other very well at the backcourt imho, they make the conference finals and that's such an achievement they should be satisfied with. they don't have no chance @ beating the heat, nor does anyone else, heat are bound to ring this year guaranteed

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Bill Simmons? :lol

:lmao

I'll forgive you for thinking I was posting a Simmons article. :D

InRareForm
05-30-2012, 11:18 PM
lol

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2012, 11:20 PM
The only Celtic fan on ST agreed with me, I'm certain he follows them closer than anybody else here..

One game doesn't negate the rest of the year..

z0sa
05-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Only 53 minutes for Rondo...

Killakobe81
05-30-2012, 11:23 PM
The only Celtic fan on ST agreed with me, I'm certain he follows them closer than anybody else here..

True, but keep in mind Lngrr is coming off a tough loss. And Celts fans have high standards for greatness. Maybe only spurs, Bulls and Clips dont trade their PG for rondo right now ... maybe Cavs too.

LnGrrrR
05-30-2012, 11:26 PM

This. This is why Celticsfan gets so pissed about Rondo. When he's on his game, we CAN compete with anyone. Even if he only scored 24 tonight, he had the right attitude for most of the game. Push, be aggressive, but play within yourself. It's a tricky balance, but he's shown he can do it before. If he can figure it out, well I'd be stoked.

Also, he needs to develop his jumper :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2012, 11:27 PM
If Rondo had a jump shot, he would be a top 5 player in the NBA, easily..

LkrFan
05-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Rondo >>> Wade. And it ain't even close. :downspin: that shit.

I'd trade anyone but Kobe and Bynum for him. :toast

Venti Quattro
05-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Rondo's form is ugly. He needs a shooting coach to change it. What the fuck is he doing during summers though?

Killakobe81
05-30-2012, 11:30 PM
This. This is why Celticsfan gets so pissed about Rondo. When he's on his game, we CAN compete with anyone. Even if he only scored 24 tonight, he had the right attitude for most of the game. Push, be aggressive, but play within yourself. It's a tricky balance, but he's shown he can do it before. If he can figure it out, well I'd be stoked.

Also, he needs to develop his jumper :lol

I get wanting consistent greatness from a talent like Rondo. You know, I thought he was a key factor in us beating you guys in 2010 ... I have never been a fan of his. And maybe it was a but fluky ...but man he just put up 42 8 and 10 ... But man, do you guys want him to move mountains?

Venti Quattro
05-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Rondo >>> Wade. And it ain't even close. :downspin: that shit.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

LnGrrrR
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I get wanting consistent greatness from a talent like Rondo. You know, I thought he was a key factor in us beating you guys in 2010 ... I have never been a fan of his. And maybe it was a but fluky ...but man he just put up 42 8 and 10 ... But man, do you guys want him to move mountains?

I don't want him to score 40 every night. Tonight was Herculean. I want him to just be aggressive, continue to make smart passes (he does this well), and develop a jumper from 10 to 14 feet out. (I'd love 10-18 but I'd take 10-14.)

Rondo has the ability to put up 15+/6+/10+ numbers every night. There's really no reason why he doesn't.

ducks
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
is pathetic, tbh..

he sure owned your sorry ass:rollin

LkrFan
05-30-2012, 11:43 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Rondo is a beast. I hate the Celtics, but I love his game. Wade is an NBA manufactured superstar. Rondo is not. Like I always said, without FTAs, Wade ain't shit. Meanwhile Rondo is a triple double waiting to happen.

To each his own, I guess. I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this one Venti.