PDA

View Full Version : Why are Spurs boards and blogs so much better than any other from other teams?

DAF86
05-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Spurstalk, poundingtherock, 48 minutes of hell.

Why are they so much funnier, smarter, have more traffic, have a better page design and are just better than any other board/forum from other NBA teams?

My theory: Spurs fans in general are smarter, funnier, better than the average NBA fan. Kinda like what the Spurs are compared to the rest of the NBA.

Your thoughts?

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Spurstalk is the best because we don't have lame ass moderation.

FkLA
05-29-2012, 06:04 AM
:tu

The laissez faire approach by Kori and timvp certainly helps by enabling us to showcase our talents, but without talent the lack of moderation would be a negative instead of a positive. Can you imagine how much bigger of a shithole LG would be with a similar approach to moderating? Spurs fans brilliance makes the magic happen tbh.

dunkman
05-29-2012, 06:07 AM
spurs=class

cutewizard
05-29-2012, 06:39 AM
This was a nice thread, and it evokes insights applicable to other fields, so let me give my opinion.....

In the whole world, there is extreme emphasis on stupid individualistic values: egocentricity, the individual, money and power, force, etc......Our humanity is now lost, and the evil elite families of the world perpetuate this evil system. Obviously, this pattern (SINCE EVERYTHING IS A FRACTAL) imposes itself onto every institution. like the major sports communities of america and europe.....

The Spurs, humble and team-oriented, are special. The only other comparison I have is the NCC team of the Philippines (which was the core of the Ron Jacobs-led Philippine national teams, characterized by teamwork, humility and simplicity) In fact, the closest thing to Coach Pop is Coach Ron Jacobs himself!!!

My point is that the value systems of the Spurs radiate to their fans and community base. A sort of recursion. In fact, everything in the universe is recursive.

Thats just my humble opinion.

Love and peace to everyone.

redzero
05-29-2012, 06:42 AM

That's all there is to it, really.

Riddler
05-29-2012, 07:03 AM
This was a nice thread, and it evokes insights applicable to other fields, so let me give my opinion.....

In the whole world, there is extreme emphasis on stupid individualistic values: egocentricity, the individual, money and power, force, etc......Our humanity is now lost, and the evil elite families of the world perpetuate this evil system. Obviously, this pattern (SINCE EVERYTHING IS A FRACTAL) imposes itself onto every institution. like the major sports communities of america and europe.....

The Spurs, humble and team-oriented, are special. The only other comparison I have is the NCC team of the Philippines (which was the core of the Ron Jacobs-led Philippine national teams, characterized by teamwork, humility and simplicity) In fact, the closest thing to Coach Pop is Coach Ron Jacobs himself!!!

My point is that the value systems of the Spurs radiate to their fans and community base. A sort of recursion. In fact, everything in the universe is recursive.

Is that YOU in your avatar?

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 07:43 AM

Perv alert

Trill Clinton
05-29-2012, 08:57 AM

she's only 12 breh

flipspursfan
05-29-2012, 09:00 AM

Keep your pants on scrah

Samuel Eto'o
05-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Look! Im trolling!

I realize its hard to be subtle in your second language, but come on man.

Reck
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Most boards are heavily moderated+heavy homerism=not an enjoyable enviroment to be at.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:20 PM

you're hot

Reck
05-29-2012, 01:28 PM
you're hot

But..you are a perv.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:30 PM
But..you are a perv.

lies

Reck
05-29-2012, 01:34 PM
lies

Did you read her entire post? I did and it went over my head. :lol

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Did you read her entire post? I did and it went over my head. :lol

nah breh, i didn't read it, just oggled the pic, tbh

Reck
05-29-2012, 01:41 PM
In true Stalin fashion, I like it.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 01:43 PM
In true Stalin fashion, I like it.

:lol

tesseractive
05-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Tbh, it's all because of Tim Duncan. He makes everyone better: teammates, bloggers, message board posters.

pass1st
05-29-2012, 02:14 PM
If you go upstairs, it's not really much different than any other website. The NBA forum doesn't get moderated for team smack, though, and that is what sets it apart from LG or Clutchfans.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Pass1st is one of the shittiest posters on ST, but I agree with him here, tbh..

Upstairs is full of bad takes and homerism, just like other forums, but the NBA forum is legendary, due to the lack of moderation, along with some of the best posters and trolls on the Internet..

Also, I doubt there are other forums with such an abundance of colorful characters..Koriwhat and his calf tats, life as a secretary, and passion as a dangerous/unsafe tattoo artist..Ashraf and his chess playing, YouTube video terrorism..thispego and his mouthbreathing + his ugly son that was born from cuckolding..fiends looking for drugs from other SpursTalk posters..cobbler and his wheels..dozens of characters, tbh..

YoMamaIsCallin
05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
I think what that Stalin avatar person was trying to say through a drug induced haze is pretty much correct. The Spurs are the observant, detached, independent thinking (dare I say contrarian), results oriented person's team. We literally don't care about the drama, the soap operas, or the hero narrative. We just care about the game and how it's played. The same shows through on the boards.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
I think what that Stalin avatar person was trying to say through a drug induced haze is pretty much correct. The Spurs are the observant, detached, independent thinking (dare I say contrarian), results oriented person's team. We literally don't care about the drama, the soap operas, or the hero narrative. We just care about the game and how it's played. The same shows through on the boards.

The Reckoning
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM

we can start a family together and pass on these values to our 10 children

OldSilentHill
05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
There is so much respect going into SA team/fans/forum than among all the Spurs players/ Spurs fans/ Spurs posters respect going outside directly on other teams/fans/posters.

If every Spurs player were posters: who would be the troll? who the moderator? who the info-man? (aka timvp here)...

spursfan1000
05-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Spurs are the best organization in nba and were the best fans in nba, simple as that!

Sec24Row7
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
You watch a playoff team for 21 of 22 years... and some of your posters are going to learn a lot about basketball... "fan IQ" that only comes with heartache and victory...

Few other teams fans have that luxury... Mavs and Lakers do to some extent... which means they also have plenty of good BB IQ fans... and effective trolls...

Casual laker fan is just so much more numerous than casual spurs fan... most of the IQ is washed out in the flood...

Sec24Row7
05-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Thunderfan over the next 15 years is going to get a huge dose of victory and heartache...

That is if they don't go the T-Wolves route and split up Westbrook/Durant like Marbury/Garnett... but I don't see that happening...

Presti>>>>>>whoever let Marbury get out of Minny.

Axe Murderer
05-29-2012, 05:50 PM

:lmao

Axe Murderer
05-29-2012, 05:54 PM
There is so much respect going into SA team/fans/forum than among all the Spurs players/ Spurs fans/ Spurs posters respect going outside directly on other teams/fans/posters.

If every Spurs player were posters: who would be the troll? who the moderator? who the info-man? (aka timvp here)...

faggy posts like these belong upstairs tbh

Stalin
05-29-2012, 06:04 PM

what is this?

DAF86
05-29-2012, 06:31 PM

1) Who the fuck is subtle at trolling here? :lol

2) I'm not trolling. Everytime I look for a playoffs rival's forum or blog to read I end up finding nothing of worth.

The moderation stuff explains Spurstalk, but why aren't any other team's blogs at least half as good as poundingtherock and 48 minutes of hell?

tlongII
05-29-2012, 06:35 PM

No. That's not it.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Is this the thread where all the Spurs fans can get in line to suck each other off?

tesseractive
05-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Is this the thread where all the Spurs fans can get in line to suck each other off?

Only someone who doesn't understand class would say that, tbh.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Only someone who doesn't understand class would say that, tbh.

Of course I don't know about class, I'm from Boston.

So when you guys suck each other's cocks, how do you do that in a classy way? Do you wear tuxedos or something?

Trainwreck2100
05-29-2012, 07:53 PM
so much class here, and little class coming from linger

pass1st
05-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Pass1st is one of the shittiest posters on ST, but I agree with him here, tbh..

Upstairs is full of bad takes and homerism, just like other forums, but the NBA forum is legendary, due to the lack of moderation, along with some of the best posters and trolls on the Internet..

Also, I doubt there are other forums with such an abundance of colorful characters..Koriwhat and his calf tats, life as a secretary, and passion as a dangerous/unsafe tattoo artist..Ashraf and his chess playing, YouTube video terrorism..thispego and his mouthbreathing + his ugly son that was born from cuckolding..fiends looking for drugs from other SpursTalk posters..cobbler and his wheels..dozens of characters, tbh..

Heatfans don't like me :depressed

koriwhat
07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Koriwhat and his calf tats, life as a secretary, and passion as a dangerous/unsafe tattoo artist..

i be so dangerous! so dangerous!

my lower legs are almost full with tattoos these days, haven't shuffled papers in damn near 2 yrs now, and i'm a very safe tattoo artist working out of a shop.

you, you're still here trying to act cool but reality is, you're still here doing the same old bs you've been doing. nothing changes with ol' HH, still the same faggot he was a yr ago.

Ignignokt
07-08-2012, 04:54 PM

my lower legs are almost full with tattoos these days, haven't shuffled papers in damn near 2 yrs now, and i'm a very safe tattoo artist working out of a shop.

you, you're still here trying to act cool but reality is, you're still here doing the same old bs you've been doing. nothing changes with ol' HH, still the same faggot he was a yr ago.

koriwhat
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
lol

gambit1990
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
i like how a lot of people on here like the wire.

greatest show of time.

Samuel Eto'o
07-08-2012, 05:19 PM

nice lies

koriwhat
07-08-2012, 05:26 PM
nice lies

yep, because everyone knows how much i love the lakers and the mavericks.

DMC
07-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Why are they so much funnier, smarter, have more traffic, have a better page design and are just better than any other board/forum from other NBA teams?

My theory: Spurs fans in general are smarter, funnier, better than the average NBA fan. Kinda like what the Spurs are compared to the rest of the NBA.

Your thoughts?
It's not the teams, but their fans. As you can see here, Spurs fans are cool. Other teams' fans... not so much, especially anyone willing and able to start and run a forum/website dedicated to said team.

Then again, it's difficult to find forums that are in just the right phase of their existence where the owners are between personal life chores and forum moderation, and moderation takes the back seat. It's also difficult to find those who don't think they are going to sell off to some other company for quadrillions so they overly protect the image of the site.

JJ Hickson
07-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Spurstalk is a lot of things, but "smart" is not one of them.

ElNono
07-09-2012, 12:13 AM
sup JJ... Where u playing at these days?

Bynumite
07-09-2012, 12:17 AM
I think it's the fat women and dirt city that turn San Antonians into prisoners in their own homes, which gives them a lot of time to create and polish slightly above average spur related websites.

whitemamba
07-09-2012, 04:48 AM

snapple FACT #173

Bill_Brasky
07-09-2012, 07:55 AM

So when you guys suck each other's cocks, how do you do that in a classy way? Do you wear tuxedos or something?

lol still mad about rayray

DMC
07-09-2012, 08:00 AM

You coming to Texas and looking for fashion tips? :lol

Latarian Milton
07-09-2012, 08:37 AM
if you think spurs board is the finest of all NBA teams', you must either have never searched the forums of other nba teams or be a complete idiot. of course ST is much better than realgm or shit like that, but that doesn't say much does it?

not sure which team has the finest but there's no doubt the rockets got the worst, shit's a bar exclusively made for them 7'6 ball lickers

Bynumite
07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
lol still mad about rayray

Kinda hard to be mad about that one month before the deal is made :lol

Bill_Brasky
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Kinda hard to be mad about that one month before the deal is made :lol

Damn, I can be pretty dumb at times :lol

The Franchise
07-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Spurstalk is a lot of things, but "smart" is not one of them.

tdominate21
07-09-2012, 10:54 PM
if you think spurs board is the finest of all NBA teams', you must either have never searched the forums of other nba teams or be a complete idiot. of course ST is much better than realgm or shit like that, but that doesn't say much does it?

not sure which team has the finest but there's no doubt the rockets got the worst, shit's a bar exclusively made for them 7'6 ball lickers

so which one is better?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2012, 11:23 PM

Your thoughts?

:tu

Actually, having travelled the world interacting with NBA fans, I really think this is true! ;)

Mav-elous Man
07-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I would say its a combination of mods who allow u to be u for the most part, and the colorful cast of characters who make up spurstalk. And i'm not talking only about the spurs fans on here. Non spurs fans as well. TBH the spur side of this forum sucks and is boring like any other message board. But the NBA forum here is filled with entertaining, low-life, know-it-all, trash-talking, bet welching, cuckolding, internet gangsta, no life having, wanna-be GM's from all teams that make for a most interesting read. Best message board hands down.