PDA

View Full Version : It's not about believing, it's about knowing...

TMSKILZ
06-23-2005, 10:30 AM
That we will win tonight.

This team has answered the call every series in these playoffs, we've never lost 3 games in a row, while everyone felt we would be swept in Det, and we don't drop 2 games in a row @ home either.

I'll be back around 11:54 celebrating & posting with ya'll here after work when the Spurs pull off a tight game until cracking it open in the 4th Qtr with a Victory & our 3rd Title.

DET has been a worthy opponent & they show what a DEFINDING CHAMPION is all about, they have heart & guts & pride & talent, but so do we.

Been an interesting series, but we wrap it up 2night like presents before Christmas!

Peace out from NyC!

chriskzoo
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
The Spurs have no history to know they can win a Game 7 under this amount of pressure. On the other hand:

-The Pistons are 10-0 in close-out games over the last 3 years
-The Pistons have lost only 1 game when they had a chance to be eliminated in 3 years (a 4-0 sweep by the Nets)

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 10:34 AM
so then the Spurs have absolutely, positively, 100% no chance of winning, right? Well shit, I guess I don't have to watch the game then. :rolleyes

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 10:34 AM
The Spurs have no history to know they can win a Game 7 under this amount of pressure. On the other hand:

-The Pistons have lost only 1 game when they had a chance to be eliminated in 3 years (a 4-0 sweep by the Nets)

blah, blah, blah

-The Pistons can kiss my ass 10 out of 10 times :)

Ginofan
06-23-2005, 10:35 AM

And when we all toted the "Detroit hasn't won in SA since 97" stat you saw what happened. It just goes to show you that historical facts don't mean a thing.

TMSKILZ
06-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Chris I'm not talking about last yr or past yrs, history doesn't mean jack in tonights game.

If it did or talent on paper alone did, then why play the games?

I'm talking about this yrs Spurs team, they've answered the call many times.

I don't only believe, I know!

bigzak25
all i KNOW is that I BELIEVE that our SPURS are going to give EVERYTHING they got tonight.

Let the chips fall where they may. GO SPURS GO!!! :smokin :drunk

SWC Bonfire
You can throw all that and the Spurs home record out the window tonight. Pistons didn't close the spurs out in any of those games. Spurs didn't have to play any game sevens. We don't have any idea what the Spurs can do when they are the ones who are against the wall...It all comes down to what both teams do tonight, not in the past.

ginobme
06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Pistons have a great record in preassure game, but you can't win them all. Thats the thing about winning streaks, the more times you put yourself in the situation to be eliminated the more likely it will happen. Everything balances out and tonight will be detroits first loss in an elimination game!

101A
06-23-2005, 10:41 AM
IMO, Spurs were against the wall in game 5. Pistons is game(s) 3 & 6, both tonite. The better team wins a 7 game series.

Spurs will get it done.

SWC Bonfire
06-23-2005, 10:42 AM
One other thing... everyone is quoting the Spurs' records in game 7's... from the '70's...

They have no bearing on tonight, and if they did, now we have Danny Ferry to turn the lights off if the Spurs get in trouble...:lol

chriskzoo
06-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Chris I'm not talking about last yr or past yrs, history doesn't mean jack in tonights game.

If it did or talent on paper alone did, then why play the games?

I'm talking about this yrs Spurs team, they've answered the call many times.

I don't only believe, I know!

What call have the Spurs answered this year? Last time I checked they have not had a "must win" game yet.

chriskzoo
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Pistons have a great record in preassure game, but you can't win them all. Thats the thing about winning streaks, the more times you put yourself in the situation to be eliminated the more likely it will happen. Everything balances out and tonight will be detroits first loss in an elimination game!

Or you can look at the streak of no team ever losing games 6 and 7 at home. One will fall tonight.

Pistons_In_7
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Detroit will not lose tonight.

I say they win by 11 points.

89-78

ginobme
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Or you can look at the streak of no team ever losing games 6 and 7 at home. One will fall tonight.

that is true but that streak is inherently related to your team never losing an elimination game. i'll say it again..you cant win them all.

TMSKILZ
06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
What call have the Spurs answered this year? Last time I checked they have not had a "must win" game yet.
This will be easy to answer Chris.....

Rd1, we drop the 1st game to Den @ Home, people doubted us, we swept them 4 straight.

Rd2, We dropped 2 straight in Sea, answered the call Game 5, then closed it out in Sea.

Rd3, Won 3 games in Phx, in which we answered the call of closing them out on the road after losing @ home.

Finals vs DET, people said we wouldn't win in DET after Games 3 & 4, we did , in overtime after people felt we had no chance in OT.

Whenever you doubt our team we answer the call, just like your Pistons have the past 2 yrs, but tonight only one team will answer & the other won't. I'm going with the Spurs to answer.

chriskzoo
06-23-2005, 01:08 PM
This will be easy to answer Chris.....

Rd1, we drop the 1st game to Den @ Home, people doubted us, we swept them 4 straight.

Rd2, We dropped 2 straight in Sea, answered the call Game 5, then closed it out in Sea.

Rd3, Won 3 games in Phx, in which we answered the call of closing them out on the road after losing @ home.

Finals vs DET, people said we wouldn't win in DET after Games 3 & 4, we did , in overtime after people felt we had no chance in OT.

Whenever you doubt our team we answer the call, just like your Pistons have the past 2 yrs, but tonight only one team will answer & the other won't. I'm going with the Spurs to answer.

Those are MUST WIN games? LOL Plenty of teams have overcome 2-0 deficits, plenty of teams havs dropped 2 after going up 2-0 and still won, and to call Game 3 against Phoenix after being up 2-0 is LAUGHABLE! Hell, even in Game 5 against the Pistons the worst that could happen would be being down 3-2 and going back home for 2, which PLENTY of teams have done and still won.

Being down 3-2 and then needing to win 2 including a Game 7 on the road - that is "must-win."

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Dude pistons fans are sooo fuckinngg GAYYYY
my god

They seriously buy into this bull shit that their team can only play the best when "they answer a call" or "their backs are against the wall"
The fact is this pistons team and this spurs team have not played a series to 7 games before tonight so all those stats about the pistons answering a call against fucking SIXERS against the fucking PACERS is bull shit and meaningless

If your team was really that bad ass why did they get against the wall to begin with???

Or are these pistons like shaq and kobe of 2003, just coasting along until they know they have to win?

Give me a fucking break

GrandeDavid
06-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Chris and everyone else overdramatizing Game 7s, enough already! Both teams are capable, stacked with pros' pros, highly paid, have both won championships...both teams will play. We fans will not. We fans don't know shit. None of us can predict which team will happen to launch more shots 2 cm too long or shot more often. Shit happens. Let the game be played.

You know who's gonna win tonight? Whoever wins, that's who!