PDA

View Full Version : WDFN in Detroit - S.A. Victory Parade coverage

wsdp
06-23-2005, 10:37 AM
L.M.A.O.... they stream @ wdfn.com ...

Every time they go to commercial this morning they're airing the following promo narrated by the guy who does their imaging (Mr. Voice Guy, Jim Cutler who I believe is from Texas)...

Let's go to San Antonio for Live Coverage of this morning's victory parade...

(silence) .... (grasshoppers and birds chirping)

PSYCH!

Your home for the World Champion Detroit Pistons, Sportsradio 1130, The Fan.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2005, 10:38 AM

Every time they go to commercial this morning they're airing the following promo narrated by the guy who does their imaging (Mr. Voice Guy, Jim Cutler who I believe is from Texas)...

PSYCH!

Your home for the World Champion Detroit Pistons, Sportsradio 1130, The Fan.

That's pretty funny. :lol

We need the "Memo To:" commercials back.

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Don't you have a job or something to do? instead of watching TV?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2005, 10:39 AM
What's your login...I'm not registering.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Wow...some caller just compared Tim Duncan to the guy from that Kevin Bacon basketball movie.

wsdp
06-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Don't you have a job or something to do? instead of watching TV?

I'm working and posting here.... mutlitasking ....

as for log in, don't have a log-in, getting it on radio.

DarrinS
06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
That whole story about planning the victory parade is getting tired. Every city plans for a victory celebration. It's not like we're dropping confetti from the rafters for every win in the finals, unlike, ahem, some cities.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
login: spurstalk
pass: wetakegame7

wsdp
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Wow...some caller just compared Tim Duncan to the guy from that Kevin Bacon basketball movie.

They're playing a game/contest to giveaway a prize of some sort - they go to Jim Rome @ noon but they'll probabaly run that promo I'm talking about when they go to commercial break @ :55 (5-minutes)

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
hee hee giggle giggle. thats so funny.

thanks for sharing.

sa_butta
06-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow...some caller just compared Tim Duncan to the guy from that Kevin Bacon basketball movie.http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/images/movie/large/Air_up_there.jpg
Not even close.

GoSpurs21
06-23-2005, 10:54 AM

PSYCH!

Your home for the World Champion Detroit Pistons, Sportsradio 1130, The Fan.It must be nice to be such a simpleton that this type of stuff amuses you. I bet you are a clone for both Rome and Rush. You and Rasheed share the same intellect. After all our coach doesnt need to lie to his players to get them motivated. That TRICK only works on people with low IQs. It must be nice when life is so simple(ton).

wsdp
06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
It must be nice to be such a simpleton that this type of stuff amuses you. I bet you are a clone for both Rome and Rush. You and Rasheed share the same intellect. After all our coach doesnt need to lie to his players to get them motivated. That TRICK only works on people with low IQs. It must be nice when life is so simple(ton).

I copied and pasted the transcript of a promo I heard, how does that represent my IQ again?

GoSpurs21
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
I copied and pasted the transcript of a promo I heard, how does that represent my IQ again?just the fact that you didnt comprehend what I wrote, confirms what I said

wsdp
06-23-2005, 11:02 AM
You and Rasheed share the same intellect. After all our coach doesnt need to lie to his players to get them motivated. That TRICK only works on people with low IQs. It must be nice when life is so simple(ton).

Somehow, our coach "lied to his players" (yet WOAI, NBC in San Antonio publically apologizes yesterday morning for leaking the info according to a thread yesterday morning - and the San Antonion express on-line @ www.mysanantonio.com admitted to the plans leaking too early as well) to motivate them? And I have the same IQ as Rasheed?

What did I miss?

GoSpurs21
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Somehow, our coach "lied to his players" (yet WOAI, NBC in San Antonio publically apologizes yesterday morning for leaking the info according to a thread yesterday morning - and the San Antonion express on-line @ www.mysanantonio.com admitted to the plans leaking too early as well) to motivate them? And I have the same IQ as Rasheed?

What did I miss?I didnt know about the leak, but that doesnt change the fact you admitted to laughing (see your 1st post) about crickets churping. So Larry needed to motivate his players by using a leak from the papers. I am still glad that Pop recognizes that our players dont need that type of motivation. But obviously piston players need that type of motivation. Once again I stand by original statement.

wsdp
06-23-2005, 11:13 AM
I didnt know about the leak, but that doesnt change the fact you admitted to laughing (see your 1st post) about crickets churping. So Larry needed to motivate his players by using a leak from the papers. I am still glad that Pop recognizes that our players dont need that type of motivation. But obviously piston players need that type of motivation. Once again I stand by original statement.

You know what I love? Reading this post, you're scared <bleep>less about tonight's game... do you REALLY think the Pistons played as well as they did because of a statement on a bulletin board? If the statement wasn't there, they would have folded a tent in the 4th and been satisfied with losing in 6?

Did that statement force Duncan to blow wads from the free throw line and only shoot 14 times from the field the entire game?

Did that statement force Manu to turn the ball over twice in the final 3:00 and Horry to throw up more brick and airballs in 5:00 than he did in 5-games before?

Sweety - I appreciate your passion, but your venom and anger is being directed to the wrong thread :)

samikeyp
06-23-2005, 11:15 AM
It doesn't matter is a fan is scared shit(yes, I have the courage to type it) less. Fans don't play the game...weak take.

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 11:20 AM
so now detroit is already planning their victory parade. i guess we need to have a big expose about that.

lamest thread started by a piston fan yet. and thats saying something.

GoSpurs21
06-23-2005, 12:14 PM
You know what I love? Reading this post, you're scared <bleep>less about tonight's game... do you REALLY think the Pistons played as well as they did because of a statement on a bulletin board? If the statement wasn't there, they would have folded a tent in the 4th and been satisfied with losing in 6?

Did that statement force Duncan to blow wads from the free throw line and only shoot 14 times from the field the entire game?

Did that statement force Manu to turn the ball over twice in the final 3:00 and Horry to throw up more brick and airballs in 5:00 than he did in 5-games before?

Sweety - I appreciate your passion, but your venom and anger is being directed to the wrong thread :)venom? and anger?...gotta love the retards without them there would be less humor in the world
Brian Cox is that you????

I'll be in my seat section 101, row 27, seat 10 when the Spurs win tonight, while you will be crying in your momma's basement thinking about how funny churping crickets are

wsdp
06-23-2005, 12:16 PM
So Larry needed to motivate his players by using a leak from the papers. I am still glad that Pop recognizes that our players dont need that type of motivation. But obviously piston players need that type of motivation.

You're right ... Jealousy is the word I should have used

HULKAROCK
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
There's still a definite case of "The Red Ass" in Texas about the parade.
Well, that's what happens when people's mouths run.
Today was supposed to be a day of moon shine, shooting off guns, lasso's and spitting tabbaco at the Alamo. But instead, it's fear, panic, despair.
What was supposed to be the greatest parade of all times has turned into a huge clinic for depressed cowboys and cowgirls.

violentkitten
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
was that supposed to be funny?

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Today was supposed to be a day of moon shine, shooting off guns, lasso's and spitting tabbaco at the Alamo. But instead, it's fear, panic, despair.

As opposed to Detroit's celebration which includes, heavy crack smoking, shoplifting, burning cars and generally acting like a dumbfuck

wsdp
06-23-2005, 12:34 PM
As opposed to Detroit's celebration which includes, heavy crack smoking, shoplifting, burning cars and generally acting like a dumbfuck

Again, the last riot in Detroit was the 1969 race riot... those were REALLY funny.... especially for someone from the south to post about the last riots in Detroit ... HahhhhaaaAAhaa... right?

HULKAROCK
06-23-2005, 12:35 PM

You forget one very important thing. WE ARE THE CHAMPS! We've been celebrating for a whole year now and we're ready for year #2!
Spurs had their chance to put it away, and I know all the fans feel this way.
Now the pistons take over..
Last year it was a peaceful celebration..