PDA

View Full Version : Hornets going thru whirlwind of changes this offseason.

Pelicans78
05-29-2012, 06:37 PM
1) Saints owner Tom Benson becomes new owner of the team.

2) New arena lease that will keep the team thru 2025 and provide more revenue.

3) Benson also promises to change the name of the team. Most likely -------. (I would spell the name out, but I have a few haters from HornetsReport watching me.)

4) New TV deal announced today that will move the team from Cox Sports Television to Fox Sports.

Not bad for one off-season. What's next? Hornets win the lottery and draft Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond? Re-sign Gordon and sign Dragic and Batum in the offseason?

C Drummond
PF Davis
SF Batum
SG Gordon
PG Dragic

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 06:54 PM
i seriously doubt if you guys resign gordon. didn't he pretty much pull some lamar odom shit so he wouldn't have to play for you guys? do dragic and batum even want to go there with no guarantees of gordon, davis, and drummond? just being realistic here.

I'm pretty sure the draft happens before free agency

BRHornet45
05-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Ummm son ...

SG - Belinelli

Let another idiot team like Indiana or Dallas overpay that injury prone pansy Gordon. We need to focus on the PG and big men.

Kai
05-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Gordon is restricted. He's going to stay in New Orleans.

Biggems
05-29-2012, 08:39 PM
The New Orleans Nutra

Pelicans78
05-29-2012, 08:45 PM
i seriously doubt if you guys resign gordon. didn't he pretty much pull some lamar odom shit so he wouldn't have to play for you guys? do dragic and batum even want to go there with no guarantees of gordon, davis, and drummond? just being realistic here.

No he never said or did anything like that. Plus he's a restricted FA so the Hornets can match any offer or he would have to settle for a one year deal.

Also, Belinelli isn't a starting caliber SG in this league. He can't create his own shot and he's a poor defender. He's a quality backup.

Darth_Pelican
05-29-2012, 09:01 PM

3) Benson also promises to change the name of the team. Most likely -------. (I would spell the name out, but I have a few haters from HornetsReport watching me.)

4) New TV deal announced today that will move the team from Cox Sports Television to Fox Sports.

Not bad for one off-season. What's next? Hornets win the lottery and draft Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond? Re-sign Gordon and sign Dragic and Batum in the offseason?

C Drummond
PF Davis
SF Batum
SG Gordon
PG Dragic

The new TV deal is a good thing. Cox Sports sucks and they wouldn't allow other cable & satellite providers to carry the channel. All of the providers have Fox Sports so viewership will be increased.

Pelicans78
05-29-2012, 09:14 PM
The new TV deal is a good thing. Cox Sports sucks and they wouldn't allow other cable & satellite providers to carry the channel. All of the providers have Fox Sports so viewership will be increased.

Especially in Mississippi and Alabama where Hornets games were never shown. Now the entire gulf region from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle will televise Hornets games.

Kai
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
New Orleans Jumbalaya tbh

SpursIndonesia
05-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Ummm son ...

SG - Belinelli

Let another idiot team like Indiana or Dallas overpay that injury prone pansy Gordon. We need to focus on the PG and big men.

Well, i agree. Eric Gordon's a fool gold scorer, not really superstar material yet will demand superstar money (and he doesn't seem to like/enjoy playing in New Orleans all that much, might mail it in after getting the big contract).

IMHO, if you guys do get some good talented bigs in this year draft, focus hard to develop them & make the best environment in the team for that to happen. I don't think Eric Gordon signing will be a good match for that directive.

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 10:15 PM

C Drummond
PF Davis
SF Batum
SG Gordon
PG Dragic
How much does new Orleans have to work with cap wise? The only probelm I see coming up is the salary figs for your bottom three dudes because honestly nobody really wants new Orleans so your probably gonna have to overpay, is it going to be worth overpaying for those dudes?

Pelicans78
05-29-2012, 10:45 PM
How much does new Orleans have to work with cap wise? The only probelm I see coming up is the salary figs for your bottom three dudes because honestly nobody really wants new Orleans so your probably gonna have to overpay, is it going to be worth overpaying for those dudes?

I don't have the exact numbers, but the Hornets drop around 23 million from letting Kaman and Landry. They could also let Marco's 4 million go which would clear 27 million. They could amnesty Ariza or Okafor as well.

I don't think they will get Batum. He's a RFA and the Hornets won't overpay for him.

Gordon will cost around 13 million. Dragic will cost about 8 million.

They need a SF who can shoot and defend.

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't have the exact numbers, but the Hornets drop around 23 million from letting Kaman and Landry. They could also let Marco's 4 million go which would clear 27 million. They could amnesty Ariza or Okafor as well.

I don't think they will get Batum. He's a RFA and the Hornets won't overpay for him.

Gordon will cost around 13 million. Dragic will cost about 8 million.

They need a SF who can shoot and defend.

Yeah I agree, if they do grab drummond and Unibrow amnesty on okafor's a good idea. That's what I was thinking Batum is to expensive for his play, tbh you could just be crappy next year and either get another good pick or trade, mabye pick up Danny Green?

Pelicans78
05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah I agree, if they do grab drummond and Unibrow amnesty on okafor's a good idea. That's what I was thinking Batum is to expensive for his play, tbh you could just be crappy next year and either get another good pick or trade, mabye pick up Danny Green?

I think they have a decent shot at Dragic since he's an UFA. Still I wouldn't pay more than 4 years 32 million for him. If some other team offers more, fine. Move on. They could go cheaper with George Hill who could at least spread the floor with his shooting.

They also need to be wise in FA. Make cost-effective decisions and not overpaying for guys. They also need to stop overvaluing defense and find some people who can shoot. Ariza was a terrible trade pick-up by Demps. He sucks offensively while being good defensively. Honestly, I would keep Okafor and amnesty Ariza.

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I think they have a decent shot at Dragic since he's an UFA. Still I wouldn't pay more than 4 years 32 million for him. If some other team offers more, fine. Move on. They could go cheaper with George Hill who could at least spread the floor with his shooting.

They also need to be wise in FA. Make cost-effective decisions and not overpaying for guys. They also need to stop overvaluing defense and find some people who can shoot. Ariza was a terrible trade pick-up by Demps. He sucks offensively while being good defensively. Honestly, I would keep Okafor and amnesty Ariza.
I don't know, I think for 6-7 mil he's all yours unless Morey REALLY likes him, regardless he's pretty damn good but in the mainstream eyes, most gm's aren't going to lock up a above average pg who just got on the map for big long term money. Needless to say the dragon is great but GM's try to make "big" signings and atleast to me "goran dragic to the raptors 30 mill 4 years "isn't the sexist thing.

I can't really say much about what they need because I simply don't watch them enough so I belive you, but I feel like to much is asked of poor arizia, he's not great at anything he's not bad either I feel like he would flourish as a 5th or 6th option. And keeping okafor's is probably way better, after all he's a big man that isn't terrible they could potentially get something nice,

TimmehC
05-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Drummond has bust written all over him, tbh.

Pelicans78
05-30-2012, 07:29 PM

C Drummond
PF Davis
SF Batum
SG Gordon
PG Dragic

:hat

DPG21920
05-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Huge

Kai
05-30-2012, 07:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gh0zz.jpg

stxspurs
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I was shocked. Good deal for nola. Congrats to stern and the spirt

LnGrrrR
05-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Not bad for one off-season. What's next? Hornets win the lottery...?

When you wish upon a star...

Darth_Pelican
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/flRWu.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
:lol Hornetfan still thinking they're signing Dragic. Houston is keeping him.

Pelicans78
05-30-2012, 07:37 PM
:lol Hornetfan still thinking they're signing Dragic. Houston is keeping him.

If he wants to play for a perennial 9th seed..........

redzero
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank you Based Stern.

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
NOH if they cant get americans to go play for them, why not draft or sign more euros...