PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Thunder

timvp
05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
I know this thread won't go over well with the NASFs but I gotta give credit to the Thunder after Game 2. The Spurs landed some of the most hellacious haymakers I've ever seen in the playoffs yet the Thunder came back again and again. I don't think I've ever seen a team survive such punches on the road against the Spurs in the playoffs. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred the Spurs win this type of game by 20+ points.

Props to the Thunder for making it a game. Game 3 and Game 4 are going to be wars.

As for the Spurs, job well done. Now go out on the road and get one.

Believe.

slick'81
05-29-2012, 10:51 PM
no doubt okcs gonna come out fkcn swinging in game 3

their big 3 gave the spurs everything they had and erased a 20 point lead with ease but in the end it wasnt enough

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Agreed. Just glad we got 2-0 lead. 1-1 going to game 3 is going to be hell.

slayermin
05-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Mad respect.

Screw the winning streak. Just split any way they can up there.

SourCandy
05-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Thunder will keep attacking till they see cracks. They pray they can find one and see if this giant bleeds and see they are not machines.

blackfire12
05-29-2012, 10:54 PM
It just seemed like they were taking it all in stride and coming back for more time and time again. Delivering each time they came back at us too. Good game but I was starting to get worried in the 4th there...

Reck
Thunder did fought hard but imo, the Clippers fought harder.

They came back 3 times in the third or fourth game against the Spurs before being shut off completely.

That Thunder crowd scares me though, we have not seen the last of the Thunder I'm afraid.

Spurs Brazil
The key is not put them in the penalty early. That killed us in the 4th

SpursIndonesia
Well, it's easier to get out of the hole & come back when you're always gifted by the refs though. I do think OKC style of playing deserves lots of FTs, but IMHO, atleast a quarter of the their FTs tonite are product of questionable officiating.

pgardn
05-29-2012, 10:56 PM
We are still getting very good shots.

I like our chances. Many more options.

timvp

The Spurs played about five times better tonight than they did in any game against the Clippers outside of the final three quarters of Game 3.

timtonymanu
Agreed. The Thunder are a hell of a team. They never give up. Spurs just need to at least split the road games.

stxspurs
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
believe!!

TE
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I have the utmost respect for the Thunder after tonight. They have a resilient bunch that will make this a very tough 7 game series.

ElNono
05-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Thunder won't quit... you have to take it from them...

spursfan1000
05-29-2012, 10:58 PM
It's not that hard when you get 20 fts in 4th quarter, but respect to the thunder they never give up.

Mr. Body
05-29-2012, 10:59 PM
The key is not put them in the penalty early. That killed us in the 4th

Yep.

The hack-a-Splitter destroyed the Spurs' flow. They had trouble getting it back.

The penalty in the 4th limited the Spurs' defensive effectiveness. And it was for most of the period.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 10:59 PM
OKC definitely showed some heart, but I honestly think the Spurs let them back into the game by becoming much less aggressive at the start of the fourth.

Still, a team like the 99 Portland Trailblazers which was just as young as this Thunder team would have given up and OKC did not. I'm looking foward to the next 2 games.

easjer
05-29-2012, 11:00 PM
A lot of respect to the Thunder. I knew they'd make a run. A lot of ticky tack/questionable calls in there, but the choice to hack Splitter and switch on the pick'n'rolls really disrupted the Spurs for too long. Glad the Spurs got aggressive again there and worked it out. Whew. I still think Spurs in 5 though - but OKC is going to be hellacious at home.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-29-2012, 11:01 PM
They're a tough team.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I got fucking sick of people bitching about thunder foul calls
It was bull shit, they were just out playing us

The roles reversed, and the spurs were the team having to hit hard shots to win

And we did, and im happy

But those thunder kids were playing like nails

suitedkings
05-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Even at 20 the lead didnt feel safe.

timvp
05-29-2012, 11:03 PM
The Thunder have lived at the line all season. It shouldn't be a surprise when there's a parade to the free throw stripe, tbh.

caŽlo
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Splitter better start shooting 99999999999999999999999999999999999999 free throws in practice.

and don't get in the penalty too early!! Spurs got killed coz of that in the 4th!

PublicOption
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
the thunder are snake bit for stealing the supersonics.

dbestpro
05-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, they played just good enough to lose. That's what they get for not respecting their betters.

Holt's Cat
05-29-2012, 11:07 PM
getting in the bonus early in the 4th due to some questionable calls got them back in the game. Scoreboard at the end of the day. Just like in game 1, they don't have the D to stop this offense when it's winning time.

pgardn
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Never trailing did not give us great urgency on D imo.

We will play better D than we did tonight. Question is if they will also. We hit a whole bunch of shots and then went cold. But the shots were not difficult. In the 4th we hit tougher shots but did not play good D at all.

Spurtacus
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Splitter better start shooting 99999999999999999999999999999999999999 free throws in practice.

and don't get in the penalty too early!! Spurs got killed coz of that in the 4th!

Non issue. Pop will play Splitter at the beginning of 2nd and 4th quarters. Brooks wont give up fouls and get into the penalty.

Obstructed_View
05-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Good job by the Thunder for not putting their heads down. They got the perfect storm in the fourth, they were hitting shots, the Spurs were abysmal, and the refs never met a Spurs foul they didn't like. Unless this officiating crew comes back in OKC for game three I'm not terribly worried, but they've got a lot of guys that are going to be really dangerous if they ever learn how to play together.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure if this was the best the Thunder can give but its conceivably damn close. You may not see another game where their Big 3 score this many points and I just don't see the role players on their team that can step up.

Brazil
05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
thunder is a great team, mad respect for them.

Harden is a stud, fortunately westbrick has some major mental collapses down the stretch.

I was very very worried when they cut the lead to 6 or something

boutons_deux
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
OKC won 2nd half 67 - 65

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Good job by the Thunder for not putting their heads down. They got the perfect storm in the fourth, they were hitting shots, the Spurs were abysmal, and the refs never met a Spurs foul they didn't like. Unless this officiating crew comes back in OKC for game three I'm not terribly worried, but they've got a lot of guys that are going to be really dangerous if they ever learn how to play together.

The Parker foul on the baseline against Westbrook might have been the worst playoff foul I've ever seen called..

Holt's Cat
05-29-2012, 11:18 PM
OKC won 2nd half 67 - 65

Lot of good it did them.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:18 PM
OKC won 2nd half 67 - 65

Hey how bout that.

Stringer_Bell
05-29-2012, 11:19 PM
This game was like watching a great novel, even when the Spurs pulled away when they did. There were a lot of good twists and turns and both teams were making adjustments on the fly. Easily the best series this playoff season for BASKETBALL fans.

The Thunder aren't going to back down, but they know damn well now that our guys aren't just a bunch of old geezers. They can't beat us 3 on 10, but they can dirty it up and we've got to be ready.

tomtom
05-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Thunder are the best iso team I've ever seen. That said Parker beasted tonight and we all know Westbrooks gonna want to take over next game. Spurs need to bait him to go into hero ball mode.

Mr. Body
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure if this was the best the Thunder can give but its conceivably damn close. You may not see another game where their Big 3 score this many points and I just don't see the role players on their team that can step up.

This was my key to the series. The Thunder don't really have any guys beside their Big Three who can score 15 or 20 on any game. Fisher did in game 1 but that was a fluke. Who else can drop that many? Who else can help out?

The Spurs, on the other hand, have a number of guys who can really pitch in and become a threat.

ThePop
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Not gonna lie, I'm scared to death about game 3

tlongII
05-29-2012, 11:24 PM
OKC definitely showed some heart, but I honestly think the Spurs let them back into the game by becoming much less aggressive at the start of the fourth.

Still, a team like the 99 Portland Trailblazers which was just as young as this Thunder team would have given up and OKC did not. I'm looking foward to the next 2 games.

Oh fuck you! :lol

GSH
The Thunder have grown up. A year or two ago, they would have been done in the third quarter. If they were playing another team, they might be ready to win it all. But the Spurs have been here before, too. They kept their composure in Game 1, and got the W.

MannyIsGod
:lmao

Its not my fault that Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ folded that team like a lawn chair.

Aztecfan03
05-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Spurs lead actually increased during hack-a-splitter.

Spurs just played like crap to start the 4th- and Pop put a bad lineup out there.

timvp
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM

Their role players will probably do better than the 7-for-34 they shot tonight, tbh.

I obviously think the Spurs are going to win this series but I'm not sold on the Thunder not being able to take it up another notch.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
OKC kept on fighting, but the Spurs didn't choke like the Lakers.
Sorted.

Holt's Cat
05-29-2012, 11:29 PM
The Thunder have grown up. A year or two ago, they would have been done in the third quarter. If they were playing another team, they might be ready to win it all. But the Spurs have been here before, too. They kept their composure in Game 1, and got the W.

Yes. OKC hasn't shown the ability to get the stops when they need them. That will continue. Spurs execute too well. One day soon perhaps OKC will be ready for graduate level work, just not this year.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Their role players will probably do better than the 7-for-34 they shot tonight, tbh.

I obviously think the Spurs are going to win this series but I'm not sold on the Thunder not being able to take it up another notch.

They haven't done it two games in a row.

In fact, it could be said their role players played worse than in game 1.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:32 PM

I obviously think the Spurs are going to win this series but I'm not sold on the Thunder not being able to take it up another hnotch.

They can do better if they give some of those shots to their big 3 but thats it. Aside from Fisher tonight, they shots they missed weren't open shots in the rhythm of the offense. They were made of stupid Perkins shots or just random other shots they got.

I know I'm getting dangerously close to Spurs Fan Win Streak Syndrome as you'd call it, but the Spurs defense really has proven to me they know how to contain this team. We'll see on Thursday.

Spurminator
05-29-2012, 11:33 PM
The last time I felt this unable to see the Spurs losing several games, we were up 2-0 to the 2004 Lakers. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. But damn, we look unstoppable right now.

Holt's Cat
Not to mention that OKC has tried playing slow, tried it fast, tried hacking Splitter, and they're still down 0-2.

Christ man the Spurs are two wins from the Finals. Have some faith in your team. This team is fing nails. This is still over in 5, at most.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
I thought they were for sure done after that Ginobili behind the back pass to Parker for a wide open 3.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Lakersground chatter:

The Thunder shot 47% from three, made 29 Fts, crushed the Spurs on the boards, won the turnover battle, and still lost by 9 points. That's how good the Spurs are playing right now.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Pretty much exactly my point. I know you allegedly play better at home, but the Thunder just played an amazing game and STILL lost.

People don't realize how good that game was because the Thunder lost.

bigfan
05-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Actually I think the Spurs will play better in OKC than the past two games at home. Pop knows you win game 3 and this series is all but over, plus I think sometimes the Spurs for some reason dont like the pressure of holding a lead in front of the home crowd. Im looking forward to game 3.

DAF86
05-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Props for the Thunder. They didn't give up and may have found something there with the hack a Splitter.

Beat you to it, I'm just not that big of an attention whore to make a thread about it.
Hi, timvp ass kisser.

baseline bum
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I cannot wait to see games 3-4. I think we're really going to see OKC's A+ game and it's going to be some intense basketball. I really hope the Spurs can pull out the split there.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:40 PM
The last time I felt this unable to see the Spurs losing several games, we were up 2-0 to the 2004 Lakers. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. But damn, we look unstoppable right now.

Didn't you say this after game 2 against the Clippers? :)

Obstructed_View
05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
The Thunder will have to score 120 to win a game in this series. Good luck to them.

Yuixafun
05-29-2012, 11:43 PM
no doubt okcs gonna come out fkcn swinging in game 3

their big 3 gave the spurs everything they had and erased a 20 point lead with ease but in the end it wasnt enough

How much better can their big 3 play???

They almost put up 100 points.

C'mon.

All 3 aren't going to go off like that again.

2centsworth
05-29-2012, 11:46 PM
I hope we don't hurt anyone's feelings:lol

Thunder are a good jump shooting team hooray

Budkin
05-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Game 3 will be all Thunder but we'll get game 4.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
The Thunder will have to score 120 to win a game in this series. Good luck to them.

Harden has to match a 10-13 game.

Honestly whos gonna be the scorer that steps up?

Sefolosha? Cook? Collison?

Yuixafun
05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
I cannot wait to see games 3-4. I think we're really going to see OKC's A+ game and it's going to be some intense basketball. I really hope the Spurs can pull out the split there.

I think Duncan dashes their hopes in game 3. He's due.

And they can bring an A+ game lol.... but not only does that mean they need to play their best game.

But the Spurs level of play in a different zone, so even if the thunder bring their A+ game, I'm thinking the Spurs would only have to play an A- game

They can play better but nothing is going to change. The Spurs own the Thunder.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm too lazy to do the home away breakdown for the Spurs roleplayers and the Thunders roleplayers. And besides, Timvp will probably do it. :lol

Whisky Dog
05-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Honestly, I don't know how the thunder can play better. Their role players could shoot better but it hasn't really happened all year, and every shot they take away from the top 3 is a win for the Spurs. The top 3 we're unconscious shooting the ball. For a team who is average at shooting the 3 they were on fire tonight. They got more boards and a lot of offensive boards. They caused turnovers.

They were a free throw away from losing by double digits.

Seriously, all 3 of their top guys were unconscious today. I don't see how those guys can realistically shoot any better. This has to be absolutely demoralizing to them. They played better than they did in game 2 a year ago when they won at the mavs yet they didn't even have a chance to win the the last minute as they were down by double digits.

They'll say all the right things but I have to believe in the back of their minds they are asking themselves what they have to do and are doubting if they have the ability to do it.

To me this feels different than '04 lakers or even '05 pistons. Those teams had won championships, played sub par and got blown out the first two games on the road. This team hasn't won, played fantastic, and were out of it by the finale minute both games. It's insane, I've never seen anything like it.

mercos
05-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Hack -a-Splitter slowed down our momentum. Pop had a poor lineup out to start the fourth, and the refs got a little whistle happy. Once the starting lineup trotted back out, and the whistles stopped, the Spurs regained control. The team's bad habit of taking their foot off the gas when they get up big is not going to fly against the Thunder, though. This team does not quit, and they score so easily so they can get back into a game lightning fast.

Game 3 is going to be extremely tough. I expect the Thunder to come out sharp, and their crowd to be explosive. I would favor OKC to take that game, but not by much. Every time I think the Spurs are due to lose they find a way to win again.

Danny.Zhu
05-29-2012, 11:57 PM
The Spurs played about five times better tonight than they did in any game against the Clippers outside of the final three quarters of Game 3.

Exactly.

Obstructed_View
05-30-2012, 12:02 AM
The first three minutes of game three will determine how the rest of this series goes. If the Spurs can absorb the emotion and take out the crowd, they'll take the streak to 22.

Sense
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
:/ While I do give them some credit, it was Pop's strategy that got them back.

Legacy
05-30-2012, 12:06 AM
:/ While I do give them some credit, it was Pop's strategy that got them back.

AMEN. :hat

Holt's Cat
05-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Spurs won, right?

GSH
05-30-2012, 12:11 AM

I'm not so sure the Thunder can take it up another notch, unless they get the Spurs into foul trouble. The Spurs had a lot to do with their role players going 7-34. They broke up a lot of shots around the basket. (I especially love the way they have defended the alley-oops.) Perkins and Ibaka haven't missed so much as they have been denied.

Fisher came back to Earth tonight, but that's more his normal game this season. Collison, Cook, and Mohammed aren't big threats to go off. Maybe Sefolosha could have a hot hand in a game, but his shots would likely come at the expense of someone else.

I think this is one of those times when you have to give the defense some credit. If the Spurs aren't hampered by foul trouble, and are free to defend, I don't see that the Thunder can do a lot better than they did tonight, barring one of those flukey nights when everything is falling for everyone. That's not taking it up a notch, it's just being in the zone.

The Spurs have a couple of guys who might put up fewer points than they did tonight. But then again, Duncan and Green are due for a few more to fall. I'm not saying the Spurs will win 100% of the time. But the Thunder have to hope for some help from somewhere. An off night from the Spurs, some friendly whistles and foul trouble, or exceptional shooting from their players. And if you look at the box, the Thunder players you expect to shoot well, did.

shorttotry
I think everyone failed to mention that OKC's defense really stepped up after the Spurs lost momentum during the hack-a-Splitter. I really give them props both for sticking with it while the Spurs were on a tear, and then stepping up their defense. Throughout the 4th, they were absolutely relentless on D. TBH, I became more worried about injuries than actually finishing out the game in that hellish quarter.

Moving forward, I'm very glad we pulled it off, but this comeback provides a lot of motivation for a young, aggressive OKC going into their turf. They deserve props and a TON of respect, but fortunately experience/ chemistry has prevailed over youth/ talent.

If OKC keeps their core together for a year or two, they should be the most feared team in the NBA.

Capt Bringdown
The first three minutes of game three will determine how the rest of this series goes. If the Spurs can absorb the emotion and take out the crowd, they'll take the streak to 22.

22 win streak going into the finals, has anyone else ever done that?
Man, I'd love to see that Spurs get there.

Mugen
05-30-2012, 12:13 AM
The Spurs were several missed wide open 3s away from putting up a 130+ tonight.

Their Big 3 put up 88 points and still lost.

That is insane.

SA210
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
ehh, I'm looking forward to Spurs winning a grind it out game 3. I think it had more to do with Pop's lineup for a bit there. Keep the streak going ;)

:flag:

T Park
05-30-2012, 12:19 AM

That is insane.

That was their B+ A - game and the Spurs played a B+ game.

Keepin' it real
05-30-2012, 12:24 AM
The Parker foul on the baseline against Westbrook might have been the worst playoff foul I've ever seen called..

Wow, this must have been the first playoff game you've ever seen. Welcome to the party.

InK
05-30-2012, 12:24 AM

Damn.....thats the stupidest thing i seen you say....and u say some pretty stupid shit on occasion.

smaka
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
If Spurs make Russel Westbrick nervous as those two games, than we've done like 50% of the work. Why, because he will keep on forcing his crazy shots and no, he is not gonna make them :)
And Timmy really couldnt make a shot today. I expect him to make them a lot better next game.

Spurs will win at least one on the road.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:28 AM
I know this thread won't go over well with the NASFs but I gotta give credit to the Thunder after Game 2. The Spurs landed some of the most hellacious haymakers I've ever seen in the playoffs yet the Thunder came back again and again. I don't think I've ever seen a team survive such punches on the road against the Spurs in the playoffs. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred the Spurs win this type of game by 20+ points.

Props to the Thunder for making it a game. Game 3 and Game 4 are going to be wars.

Believe.

Agreed. Although they played a completely opposite style of game, OKC reminds me of the '05 Pistons in their superb tenacity - they simply can't be shaken and don't give up at any stage.

I think we might steal game 4 in a nail-biter. ;)

Holt's Cat
05-30-2012, 12:28 AM

That is insane.

The Spurs are that good.

InK
05-30-2012, 12:31 AM
If Spurs make Russel Westbrick nervous as those two games, than we've done like 50% of the work. Why, because he will keep on forcing his crazy shots and no, he is not gonna make them :)
And Timmy really couldnt make a shot today. I expect him to make them a lot better next game.

Spurs will win at least one on the road.

Ye but he toned it down noticeably this game. He was still wild on occasions but way less then game 1. Hopefully it was by chance and not design. If he takes it down a notch further it would be worrisome.

ginobilized
05-30-2012, 12:32 AM
The Spurs are that good.

Amen!
and they are continuing to get better as the playoffs go on.
Scary good!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Actually I think the Spurs will play better in OKC than the past two games at home. Pop knows you win game 3 and this series is all but over, plus I think sometimes the Spurs for some reason dont like the pressure of holding a lead in front of the home crowd. Im looking forward to game 3.

Interesting observation. I've noticed that too. Wonder whether it's real or just selection bias.

My hope too.

Game 3 will be all Thunder but we'll get game 4.

That's my thinking, and game 4 will be a barn-burner. If we win it it will be by less than 4pts.

That was our A game and their A- game. Nothing "B" about that game at all! ;)

Whisky Dog
05-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Eh, no game where TD goes 2-11 and Green cant hit the broad side of the barn is an A game for the Spurs. I'd say B+ game but A+ heart and clutch daggers to end it.

crc21209
05-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Major props to the Thunder indeed. :tu Very well deserved. Any other team would've just folded and looked ahead to Game 3, but these guys just kept fighting and fighting. My heart was beating like crazy the entire 4th quarter. I just wanted the damn game to be over already...:lol

Yuixafun
05-30-2012, 12:53 AM
That was our A game and their A- game. Nothing "B" about that game at all! ;)

How was that the Spurs A game when Duncan goes for 2-11??

He made up for it with 12 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks...

An all around game, but not his A game

and

Spurs A game > Thunder A game

Different maximum potentials

Spurs have a deeper well to draw from.

beachwood
05-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Tons of respect for the Thunder. Not once did they quit. The games in OKC are going to brutal. They are fully capable of evening the series.

tmtcsc
05-30-2012, 12:58 AM
There are no moral victories. There is nothing for OKC to take away from playing hard and cutting a 22 pt lead to 6. So what ? WTF else should we expect from them in the Conference finals ? To stop playing ?

Their big 3 scored 88 pts tonight and they lost by nine. Seriously, they have to do that 4 times to even have a chance. And then on top of that, hope the Spurs play bad.

Another "W" for us with the added plus of a learning lesson. Don't let up and don't let that team get to the FT line. That's what kept this game close, nothing else.

LobCity
05-30-2012, 12:58 AM
If you watched the Lakers series this is how the Thunder beat them. For at least two of the games, the Lakers controlled the game for 3+ quarters only to lose to a late OKC burst. The Thunder seem to be better at letting the other team build a 10-15 lead along with a false sense of confidence and then coming back than they are at putting together a complete game.

DWH are so explosive, they can put up 8 points in a minute. Meanwhile the other team starts feeling the pressure and after a few missed jumpers and OKC has all the momentum with the lead down to a manageable margin.

therealtruth
05-30-2012, 01:29 AM
The Thunder do not give up. The Spurs are going to have to fight for the next two games.

The Spurs need to keep them off the free throw line and the offensive glass.

Fpoonsie

God, you are one retarded, fat fuck.

T Park
Wow, this must have been the first playoff game you've ever seen. Welcome to the party.

Yeah not really.

T Park
05-30-2012, 01:32 AM
God, you are one retarded, fat fuck.

Well thought out response.

T Park
05-30-2012, 01:33 AM
The Spurs play an A game, when they dont play tentative and miss WIDE OPEN 3s like they did.

The Thunder play an A Game when they actually give good consistent effort as opposed to 2 quarters tonight.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Eh, no game where TD goes 2-11 and Green cant hit the broad side of the barn is an A game for the Spurs. I'd say B+ game but A+ heart and clutch daggers to end it.

How was that the Spurs A game when Duncan goes for 2-11??

He made up for it with 12 rebounds 6 assists and 4 blocks...

An all around game, but not his A game

and

Spurs A game > Thunder A game

Different maximum potentials

Spurs have a deeper well to draw from.

Sure, Tim had a poor game, Danny a poor 4th Q. You can still play your A game with a couple of players having an off night.

We played very nice ball in the first half and kept up a high one digit lead for most of it. Then... did you watch the 3rd Q? That was as perfectly as you can play basketball. That and the 4th in game one are about as well as I've seen a team play, maybe ever.

This was our A game, but we also have A+, A++ and A+++ left in the bag for when every single player is perfect (in the unlikely case that ever happens). ;)

PS This all all semantics and bullshit anyway. :lmao

DrSteffo
05-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Completely agree with the OP. Props to OKC for fighting hard. But more props to the Spurs for fighting hard and playing better.

aal04
05-30-2012, 01:43 AM
OKC definitely didnt let us relax. Like many have said, they wanted the game over asap because you were never sure it was a win.

Thunder have heart and deserve respect.

But luckily we prevailed. and we now move to OKC with no expectations whatsoever. I feel VERY relaxed knowing that the next game the pressure is on OKC to produce. My gosh they the young lads at the thunder are going to be sweating with pressure.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't think there's any question that whatever A+ game the OKC players have, we'll see it in game 3.

The big question is, what's the best game that Scotty Brooks has?

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 01:51 AM
The one thing we always have is heart...

I know we will never give up

Now back home....

G-Dawgg
05-30-2012, 02:11 AM
The Thunder are done, their big 3 isn't enough. Their big 3 scores 88 and they still got slaughtered. Very demoralizing...

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 02:13 AM
The Thunder are done, their big 3 isn't enough. Their big 3 scores 88 and they still got slaughtered. Very demoralizing...

Defense was what let us down... Offense was clearly not the issue.

G-Dawgg
05-30-2012, 02:15 AM

Scotty Brooks is failing them..

BatManu20
05-30-2012, 03:33 AM

This. We also gave up waaay too many offense rebounds in the first half. They were getting every loose ball in the 2nd quarter. It was frustrating. If Green, Kawhi, and Bonner knock down their open shots, we're up by 30+

Obstructed_View
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
It's really scary to think of how many opportunities the Spurs missed to put 140 plus on the board in regulation.

ducks
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
They haven't done it two games in a row.

In fact, it could be said their role players played worse than in game 1.

role players usually make more shots at home
but they do have more pressure to make those shots now on home because if they lose spurs do not lose 4 in a row:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dr. John R. Brinkley
05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Next game will be lots of small ball. At home their role players will do better. Thabo will hit some threes.

For all the talk of our superior bench I'd say it's been more and more MIA since Utah and I think the minutes and +\- bear that out.

Will our bench deliver in game three? I think they're due.

Game 3 will be the best game of the year.

Poolboy5623
05-30-2012, 03:01 PM
So now the Spurs arent suppose to get in the penalty "too early"? LOL how about Pops just shows everyone why hes coty and gets the shitty ft shooters out of the game in those situations...wouldnt that work? of course Im sure his ego will come into play again and he'll want Tiago to step up and make them..I hope not.

T Park
05-30-2012, 03:10 PM

Agreed. However, scheme can only go so far.

doldrums
05-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Great post Tim and great insight as always. I thought the HAck-a Splitter slowed our momentum which ultimately affected the score in the long run. I have tickets for Game 5 and am flying down to San Antonio on Saturday. I cannot describe how torn I am that I require a Spurs loss in order not to waste the trip. At least I can watch Game 4 near the Riverwalk on SAturday with the Spurs faithful. any recommendations?

BackHome
05-30-2012, 06:52 PM
The key to winning game 3.

1. Parker need to come out guns blazing and play with an attitude...NASTY..lol
2. Defense needs to do a better job of making Harden go to his right.."Are you listening Green".
3. Bonner needs a quick heat check and then yanks his ass if not hitting.
4. Try to save Manu for the fourth.

Budkin
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Their downfall really is Scott Brooks. With a great coach they would be unstoppable. And I have a feeling they are going to bring the Spurs to the woodshed in game 3. At least in the first half.

JRHernandez88
05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
They definately got my respect. I thought that game was over after that clinic we put on them for most of the game yet they found a way to comeback and had me getting nervous there towards the end. Thank GOD for that clutch 3 at the end by Manu...that could of got ugly with a miss and long rebound for them only being down 7 with 1:30 left to play.

SenorSpur
05-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Believe.

Here, here! :toast

I think everyone knew the Thunder were going to be a very formidable foe for the Spurs The first 3 quarters of Game 1 were a perfect illustration, as were their 2nd half comeback from a 20+ point deficit in Game 2. I also believe this series will ultimately decide the NBA Championship.

As the scene shifts to OKC, the task will not be easy and rather daunting. However, I will go on record with my prediction of last week. Now that the Spurs have a 2-0 lead, I believe they get Game 3, then sweep the Thunder out of the playoffs. From there, the Spurs will go on to make NBA History, in becoming the first NBA team to go undefeated en route to the NBA title.

Call me crazy, but

Believe!

SenorSpur
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
The key to winning game 3.

1. Parker need to come out guns blazing and play with an attitude...NASTY..lol
2. Defense needs to do a better job of making Harden go to his right.."Are you listening Green".
3. Bonner needs a quick heat check and then yanks his ass if not hitting.
4. Try to save Manu for the fourth.

I would also add:
5. Limit the Thunder to one shot. Spurs gave up absolutely too many offensive rebounds to this team in Game 2 - despite the 3rd quarter margin. Had they done so, it's likely they would've maintained their margin of victory.

Leetonidas
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Doubt has to be creeping into the collective minds of the Thunder. I think the Spurs will win a very tough game tomorrow by 5 and break their will, thus setting us up for the sweep on the road.

People keep wondering when the Spurs are gonna lose a game or come back down to earth. I don't think they're coming back down tbh

therealtruth
05-31-2012, 02:37 AM

I think everyone knew the Thunder were going to be a very formidable foe for the Spurs The first 3 quarters of Game 1 were a perfect illustration, as were their 2nd half comeback from a 20+ point deficit in Game 2. I also believe this series will ultimately decide the NBA Championship.

As the scene shifts to OKC, the task will not be easy and rather daunting. However, I will go on record with my prediction of last week. Now that the Spurs have a 2-0 lead, I believe they get Game 3, then sweep the Thunder out of the playoffs. From there, the Spurs will go on to make NBA History, in becoming the first NBA team to go undefeated en route to the NBA title.

Call me crazy, but

Believe!

I believe. The Spurs are able to survive players not playing well because they get enough contributions from everyone. OKC's big 3 has to play well every game for them to have a chance. I just think if the Spurs use their depth correctly they will eventually wear them down.

Legacy
05-31-2012, 08:24 AM

Call me crazy, but

Believe!

Great attitude, SenorSpur. :toast

I believe, too.

... And people can call me a crazy homer/circle-jerker all they want to for believing. I just don't giva' damn. It's not in my nature to 'regret.'

... Like I'm ever going to regret holding the faith that I continue to hold in this team, lol.

HAH!! Nevaaah'!!!

pikkiwoki
05-31-2012, 09:37 AM
I thought they were for sure done after that Ginobili behind the back pass to Parker for a wide open 3.

It seemed like the Spurs thought the same thing. They celebrated like the game was over. Hard to blame them though since it's human nature and the crowd was exploding.

This Thunder team is scary. They never die. They can take a knockout blow, get up off the canvas, and connect with blazing fast haymaker combinations of their own.

Tonight if the Spurs have a 1st quarter like they had in Game 3 @LAC, they'll get blown out by 40. The Thunder are that scary. My palms were sweaty that whole 4th quarter.

Or maybe I'm just being a scared pussy. Somebody pimpslap some confidence into me. :pimpslap

ezau
05-31-2012, 10:00 AM

Totally agree. They're BIG THREE scored 88 points out of the team's 111... and they still lost.

timvp
06-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Bump.

Props. You handled your business at home.

Now it's time for the Spurs to reciprocate.

BillMc
06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
We'll win the series. It's just not going to be easy...

timvp
06-02-2012, 10:34 PM

25-for-35 tonight :lol :cry :depressed