PDA

View Full Version : This is a seven game series

TE
05-29-2012, 10:53 PM
I hate to say it because it implies the spurs losing a game but this is a 7 game series. The thunder are not going to back down and mad respect for that. After going up by 22 the thunder came back and made this a nailbiter. This is not going to be easy folks, but I say the spurs in 7 because of homecourt. The thunder are one of the best teams in the league and they simply cannot be beat without scrapping and grinding.

Richie
05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Agreed. They will get more calls at home too

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
You think the Spurs are going to lose 3 out of the next four? Ok.

I don't.

spursfan1000
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Disagree , all big 3 for the thunder scored 25+, there is a very good chance that won't happen another 2 times this series. Brooks pulled out his cards tonight and they didn't work so I see pop adjusting game 2 and taking 1 of next 2. In okc. Spurs are hungry.

Mugen
05-29-2012, 10:58 PM
No it's not.

spurspokesman
05-29-2012, 10:59 PM

slick'81
05-29-2012, 10:59 PM
it all comes down to games 3-4 obviously if okc gets both this series changes quick

ginobilized
05-29-2012, 11:00 PM

PublicOption
Spurs will end this in 4. All they need is to focus on game 3. win game 3 and its over.

Blair will be the difference in game 3.

pgardn

I don't.

Seconded.

noles1983
6 at most, big 3 for OKC need like 35 points each in order to win. Their offense minus those three is hot garbage.

Holt's Cat

I don't.

Yes, OKC knew they needed this one to win the series and pulled out all the stops. But they couldn't get stops when they needed them. Spurs get the split on the road (Pop gets his loss) and they close it out in game 5.

Mr. Body
OKC will win one at home, but not both. I doubt it. They won't win all three there and I have a hard time seeing the Spurs lose at home.

jn77
05-29-2012, 11:01 PM
OKC gets game three, Spurs take game four and close the series at home. Spurs in 5

TE
I know most of you will disagree but I cannot see our team beating the thunder in games 3 and 4. It's gonna take a godmode effort from our team to beat the thunder on the road.

Spurs and Mavs fan
The Spurs have won 20 in a row. Does anyone seriously envision them losing four out of the next five games to the Thunder? It's possible but hard to picture.

Sa_Spursfan20
05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Spurs will end this in 4. All they need is to focus on game 3. win game 3 and its over.

Blair will be the difference in game 3.

It wasn't for the Clippers. Even if the Spurs are up 3-0, Thunder aren't going to be backing down. They are in the conference finals for a reason. Spurs can't let up.

Spurtacus

I don't.

you dont think okc can hold serve the next two.games? They played SA tougher than anyone has the last two months.

boutons_deux
Spurs got balls, you got no balls.

Kidd K
05-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Completely disagree. Here's why:

Thunder: 19 FTAs in last 14 minutes. 21 in last 16.

Excluding the hack a Splitter/hack a Duncan FTAs in the last of the 3rd. . .it was only 7 FTAs for SA.

So 21-7 in favor of OKC in the last 15 mins, including putting us in the penalty within 3 minutes in the 4th to handcuff our defense.

OKC was only in that game because of the refs calling a bunch of bogus ticky tack fouls on us in the last 15 minutes. You can't expect me to believe that suddenly the Spurs forget how to play defense without fouling when they're up big and are in position to play LESS physical defense since they don't need to play as physical at that point. It's counter-intuitive, and the Spurs aren't chokers either so that's also not an excuse for it.

Refs carried them back into the game to make it interesting. I'm not worried about OKC, because imo they cannot beat us even 2 games out of 5 unless the refs call it massively in their favor multiple times like they did tonight, only go even further with it and make it even more obvious they're trying to assist OKC.

You can look at the FTAs and say hey they just had 2 more, but don't forget 12 of our 34 were personal takes. So it's really 36-22 in their favor. OKC can't go on a run unless it's backed by a bunch of whistles. Props to them for all the effort, but if the FTAs are remotely even (and I'm not counting personal takes on Splitter), then OKC definitely won't beat us 4 of 5 times dude. You really they have to go 4-1 to beat us, right? Or 4-0? It's not happening.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I know most of you will disagree but I cannot see our team beating the thunder in games 3 and 4. It's gonna take a godmode effort from our team to beat the thunder on the road.

Game 3 is the biggest challenge the Spurs have faced so far. I don't like the way the Spurs gave up all those points in the second half.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:05 PM
You gotta credit OKC for showing heart tonight, but they had a hell of a game and STILL didn't win. I doubt OKC scores 112 again in this series and while the Spurs may not score 120 again but they won't need to. OKC pretty much NEEDS to score 112 to beat the Spurs.

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:05 PM

:rolleyes

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:06 PM

Dude how on earth are the Thunder going to play better than tonight? Are their Big 3 going to get 40 points each? Who on that team do you expect to step up and play better?!?!?

easjer
05-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I stand by my original prediction - Spurs in 5. The individual games will be crazy tough and closer than many Spurs fans would like, real dogfights if you will, but the series won't be nearly as hard-fought as that.

Totally agree with Manny.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:07 PM
you dont think okc can hold serve the next two.games? They played SA tougher than anyone has the last two months.

And they still lost!

Can they? Sure. They can win four in a row. Its possible.

Its sure as hell not likely. I don't see it happening.

tediousj
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I;m too lazy to do the research, but I'm sure the team that takes a 2-0 lead wins the series over 70% of the time. But yes, it's still first to 4.

TE
05-29-2012, 11:09 PM
I hope I'm wrong and eat shit for this prediction but I won't change my prediction after tonight.

Apologies to all Spurfans if this tickled your butthole.

thispego
05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
spurs win game 3, thunder game 4, spurs close out in game 5. spurs winning streak ends :cry

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Dude how on earth are the Thunder going to play better than tonight? Are their Big 3 going to get 40 points each? Who on that team do you expect to step up and play better?!?!?

This tbh. Their big 3 went apeshit and we went to penalty within 9 minutes in the fourth.

chunticakes
fuck yo 7 game series clown.

spurs lose game 3 largely in part to stern and his minions but bounce back and win game 4 by single digits.

finally we close out at home.

:wakeup

Holt's Cat
Thunder get big games from their top 3 players and an entire 4th at the FT line...and still lose.

After their coach gets desperate and starts hacking Splitter in the 3rd.

The Thunder make a lot of noise, but they can't get a stop in crunch time.

MannyIsGod
I hope I'm wrong and eat shit for this prediction but I won't change my prediction after tonight.

Ha. I just don't see your logic. Can you explain it?

easjer
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Tons of heart from OKC.

But this game, (imho) more than game 1's 4th qtr comeback, is a heart-breaker/confidence killer.

After Game 1, they had a lot of positives - Ibaka didn't play, Harden and Westbrook were off, etc etc. Tonight? Their big three were all there, they found a couple of ways to disrupt the Spurs. The Spurs outside shooting wasn't there, they got the Spurs in foul trouble in the fourth. And STILL they couldn't win.

What else can they do at this point? What further adjustments can they make? Sure, one game (maybe, maybe two, but a loss will *galvanize* the Spurs) may be super effort on their part with unbelievably few misses and a longer stretch of Spurs poor play and result in a win. . . but three more? No. Just no.

eyeh8u
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
21% fg shooting for the others on OKC is evidence this wont go past 5

Spurtacus
05-29-2012, 11:15 PM
1. stop whining about the refs
2. TP may have had his best game of the series
3. Brooks going small ball and his big 3 will avg 40 minutes next two games

spur fan very penisy after winning 20 games

Crookshanks
05-29-2012, 11:16 PM

And they still lost both games! :lol

TE
05-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Ha. I just don't see your logic. Can you explain it?

I don't see our reserves hitting threes and being as effective as they were tonight. I expect the big three to bring it, but the reserves we rely on for those extra points are gonna come up short in production. Factoring in the Thunder home crowd which will fuel the thunder role players to play better and you get a a loss on the road. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and eat shit, but until our reserves bring it against the thunder on the road in a playoff game, I will stand ground.

Arcadian
05-29-2012, 11:17 PM
I hate to say it because it implies the spurs losing a game but this is a 7 game series. The thunder are not going to back down and mad respect for that. After going up by 22 the thunder came back and made this a nailbiter. This is not going to be easy folks, but I say the spurs in 7 because of homecourt. The thunder are one of the best teams in the league and they simply cannot be beat without scrapping and grinding.

Really? I just don't see it. You're just trying to be "Mr. Realist" who brings everyone down to earth, but there is no evidence that OKC can beat the Spurs more than once...MAYBE twice, but that's a stretch.

They got 88 points from their big 3 and still lost. Duncan had a bad game offensively. We're up 2-0. And you conclude that OKC will beat us 3 times?

That's just illogical.

GSH
Do you guys not realize that the Thunder now have to win back-to-back TWICE, or win 3 in a row against the Spurs? The Spurs haven't lost 3 games in a row all season. And since January they have only lost back to back when they have rested players.

People are freaked out because the Thunder put up a good fight? No shit they put up a good fight. They're a good team, and it's the Western Conference Finals. That's what is supposed to happen.

For those who haven't noticed, Duncan has gone 6-15 and 2-11 in the first two games. And Danny Green hasn't made shit. The next game could just as easily be a Spurs blowout, and a 3-0 lead. Damn, people, you've seen all this before.

MannyIsGod
1. stop whining about the refs
2. TP may have had his best game of the series
3. Brooks going small ball and his big 3 will avg 40 minutes next two games

spur fan very penisy after winning 20 games

Sure, but the Spurs don't need TP to score 30 every night to win. Duncan was 2/11 (or 2/9 can't remember) and Danny Green missed several open 3s toward the end of the game and they still put up 120.

Thats the point. If one part of the Spurs machine isn't playing top notch, they have someone step in and fill the void. If Durant has a bad game, can OKC win? If Tony has a bad game, can the Spurs win?

TE
05-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Really? I just don't see it. You're just trying to be "Mr. Realist" who brings everyone down to earth, but there is no evidence that OKC can beat the Spurs more than once...MAYBE twice, but that's a stretch.

They got 88 points from their big 3 and still lost. Duncan had a bad game offensively. We're up 2-0. And you conclude that OKC will beat us 3 times?

That's just illogical.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong on a DPG-esque level.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2012, 11:21 PM
What else can they do at this point? What further adjustments can they make?

They found a small-ball lineup that scored a bunch for them in the 2nd half. Expect more of that in game 3. If I was them, I'd attack the rim and get to the FT line. They're going to get tons of calls.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:25 PM

Sounds more like your butthole is the one that was tickled.

Your talking yourself into the Spurs are gonna lose 3 of the next 4 games.

TE
05-29-2012, 11:26 PM
They found a small-ball lineup that scored a bunch for them in the 2nd half. Expect more of that in game 3. If I was them, I'd attack the rim and get to the FT line. They're going to get tons of calls.

Considering how inept I am at being specific, this post elaborates on my concerns. Factor in the fact that we are playing in OKC and you get my prediction. We have been spoiled by winning 20 in a row, understandably so.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:29 PM

Can't play that entire lineup 48 minutes, try again.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
They found a small ball lineup that worked for them but it was basically their big 3 doing all the scoring. They definitely defended better with that lineup, but it wasn't as though they dominated.

TE
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Can't play that entire lineup 48 minutes, try again.

So you think the OKC thunder role players playing better on their homecourt (which is expected) won't result in wins for the Thunder?

Oh and when replying, think of how players like Kwahi, Danny, and Neal will play in game three. I know the homer in you expects similar production (the homer in me expects the same), but really, have you seen opposing role players have huge games in both the regular season and playoffs in OKC?

DJB
05-29-2012, 11:41 PM

TE
05-29-2012, 11:42 PM

I hope so.

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Do you guys not realize that the Thunder now have to win back-to-back TWICE, or win 3 in a row against the Spurs? The Spurs haven't lost 3 games in a row all season. And since January they have only lost back to back when they have rested players.

People are freaked out because the Thunder put up a good fight? No shit they put up a good fight. They're a good team, and it's the Western Conference Finals. That's what is supposed to happen.

For those who haven't noticed, Duncan has gone 6-15 and 2-11 in the first two games. And Danny Green hasn't made shit. The next game could just as easily be a Spurs blowout, and a 3-0 lead. Damn, people, you've seen all this before.

T Park
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
So you think the OKC thunder role players playing better on their homecourt (which is expected) won't result in wins for the Thunder?

Oh and when replying, think of how players like Kwahi, Danny, and Neal will play in game three. I know the homer in you expects similar production (the homer in me expects the same), but really, have you seen opposing role players have huge games in both the regular season and playoffs in OKC?

Why would I expect different results from Kawhi Leonard when he's been consistent?

Who of their role players is gonna step up?

Cook? Collison?

Yeah Daquan Cook is frightening..

Holt's Cat
05-29-2012, 11:46 PM
No mention of OKC shutting down the Spurs' offense at the end of games because they havent been able to. Spurs fans are so focused on OKC's ability to score that they haven't noticed that their own damn team's offense is superior in crunch time.

You nervous nellie Spurs fans piss me off.

easjer
05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
In order for the Thunder to win the series, they have to win FOUR of the next FIVE games against the Spurs.

To get to seven games, they have to win THREE of the next FOUR games. Or, the Spurs have to lose THREE games of the next FOUR.

The odds were long anyway, but these facts, when combined with the play we've seen in the last two games indicates that barring significant injury or completely inexplicable decline (or some as yet unforeseen radical adjustment Brooks stumbles across that completely flummoxes Pop, timvp, and most analysts haven't predicted or thought of) - the Spurs are in perfect position in this series and poised for their fifth trip to the finals.

TE
05-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Why would I expect different results from Kawhi Leonard when he's been consistent?

Cook? Collison?

Let's all hope your sentiment about OKC bench players comes true at OKC. If the spurs bench players maintain the production in games' 1 and 2 in Oklahoma city, the spurs will win in five. If not, Spurs in seven.

Yuixafun
05-29-2012, 11:52 PM

I never flinched watching this game.

This was no nail biter to me.

Spurs were blowing them out, and let up a bit, some carelessness, but then pulled it together.

People lack faith. There was nothing I was seeing that told me the Spurs would lose this game.

Thunder don't have the Fierceness, they are game yes, but Spurs want this more.

It's a simple statement and means everything.

Brazil
05-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I said before the serie start spurs in 7, I thought OKC would take one of the two first game on the road.

they are a great team, wouldn't be surprised if they somehow get their 2 home wins

Spurs9
05-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Perkins....PERKINS, they need 35 from him.
http://files.sharenator.com/great_scott_Infinite_Picdump_88-s400x341-252428-535.png

ginobilized
05-30-2012, 12:02 AM
I see a Thunder meltdown of epic proportions more likely than Sefalosha, Perkins, Ibaka, Collison, Fisher or that other guy who never plays making a huge difference in gms 3 and 4. They are young and not mentally ready. Ibaka and/or Westbrook will have emotional difficulties that will be detrimental to their team winning. Book it. Cap'n Jack is already in their heads a bit. When the pressure gets turned up and the Thunder need to execute to win, I don't see it happening in the 4th qtr of tight games already down 2-0. They are about to crack. And, technically, it's now a 5 game series.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Disagree. This will probably be a 5 or 6 game series from here. If we'd lost one of these, it would've gone 7.

Before the series I figured both teams would hold serve for the first 5 games, then Spurs would take game 6 in OKC. Now I can see us stealing game 4 in OKC, unless the reffing goes feral like it did in the 4th Q today.

MannyIsGod
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Its not about faith. Faith implies there's no reason for you to believe what you do. There's plenty of reason to believe the Spurs are not going to lose 3 out of the next 4 games to the Thunder.

ginobilized
05-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Disagree. This will probably be a 5 or 6 game series from here. If we'd lost one of these, it would've gone 7.

5 is the maximum it can go from here. Here being 2-0

Yuixafun
05-30-2012, 12:06 AM
RuffnReadyOzStyle ^^^^ you sound disappointed the Spurs won these games

man some kind of fans around here lately

bunch of eeyores

Fucking bask in the Spurs brilliance already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Bringdown
05-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Spurs maintain the Nasty and they have a damn good chance of knocking off OKC in four. It's all about Nasty at this point.
OKC has the fight but they ain't got the Nasty.

Agloco
05-30-2012, 12:10 AM

As good as the Spurs have been playing in general, it's easy to forget that they are actually better on the road. Anyone even remember the last road loss they suffered with the Big 3 playing?

I think it was in Dallas like a decade ago.......

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Its not about faith. Faith implies there's no reason for you to believe what you do. There's plenty of reason to believe the Spurs are not going to lose 3 out of the next 4 games to the Thunder.

I agree. It ain't about homerism, stats say that we will definitely win it.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM

:lol Their small ball lineup was three guys in grey jerseys giving them a 9 minute parade to the FT line so that the dumb average fan wouldn't turn of the TNT broadcast. They can't stop anyone or rebound with that lineup.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:17 AM
RuffnReadyOzStyle ^^^^ you sound disappointed the Spurs won these games

man some kind of fans around here lately

bunch of eeyores

Fucking bask in the Spurs brilliance already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK NO! I'm jumping out of my skin at the awesomeness of this team, and extremely relieved we took care of business at home.

Don't know where you got that from.

InK
05-30-2012, 12:18 AM
This Thunder team is sick good, its not hard to see this going the way of the Hornets series in 2008. Spurs played perfect bball till mid of 3rd quarter, and a few minutes later Thunder is only down by 6. Im anxious as fuck watching this games, and with good reason i think.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Still think we'll lose 1 or 2 in OKC - they are a very good team, their home crowd is the best in the NBA (although I have been impressed with ours these past two games too), and the refs love to award them ticky-tack BS.

Talk of a sweep is premature, IMHO.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-30-2012, 12:20 AM
I said before the serie start spurs in 7, I thought OKC would take one of the two first game on the road.

they are a great team, wouldn't be surprised if they somehow get their 2 home wins

OKC has a lot of talent, but "great" they are not. Great teams don't allow opponent FG%s of 55 in a conference finals game.

OZWIN
05-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Try six games...I don't see them taking this to seven games as they didn't get the split and they really needed to get the split considering they are playing the Spurs. :hat

Wild Cobra Kai
05-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Still think we'll lose 1 or 2 in OKC - they are a very good team, their home crowd is the best in the NBA (although I have been impressed with ours these past two games too), and the refs love to award them ticky-tack BS.

Talk of a sweep is premature, IMHO.

They got the refs tonight. Short of Bennett Salvatore literally hog tying Manu at center court to force a 5 on 4 quarter of basketball, they aren't going to get a better deal than they did tonight.

OKCs defense isn't title ready. They gamble too much.

Holt's Cat
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes Spurs fans, the Spurs are that good.

Yuixafun
05-30-2012, 12:27 AM

Faith is confidence or trust in a person or entity

Doubt implies there's no reason for you to believe what you do.

TE
05-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah, my concerns regarding the Thunder role players playing above their heads has unfortunately come true. The Thunder are well on their way to winning game 3. Game 4 is going to be a must win game for the Spurs to avoid a seven game series. This Thunder team is very dangerous.

TE
06-03-2012, 03:23 AM
:lol

DeadlyDynasty
06-03-2012, 03:35 AM
:lolso many homers wish they could take their posts in this thread back i bet

timtonymanu
06-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't know. I still think they can take it in 6. Then again, I thought they were gonna win earlier. :lol.

I certainly think it was dumb to say they would sweep or win in 5.

GoodOdor
06-03-2012, 03:40 AM
:lolso many homers wish they could take their posts in this thread back i bet

"There's no way they can play any better than game 2":lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

beachwood
06-03-2012, 04:00 AM
OP is spot on. Each team is going to win their home games.

TE
06-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Fwiw, I'm actually wrong about our big three. I thought they would bring it in both game 3 and 4. Looks like they laid an egg, collectively. If the big three play with passion and a couple of role players step up, this series is over in six.

I knew my concerns would come true, but not to this extent. All of the Thunder role players have played very fluky games, but much of that has to do with the Spurs inability to do a plethora of basic basketball things right.

MannyIsGod
06-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Even if this doesn't go 7, I was wrong. OKC has a combination of talent and rive that no other team in these playoffs has and is the one team that can really challenge the Spurs. Miami could only dream to have the heart of OKC.

I'm legit worried, and this series may indeed go 7.

Good call, TE.

baseline bum
06-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Crap, I had this series as a coin flip going in, but figured I had underestimated the Spurs after they won the first two. Now I'm wondering if I instead underestimated the Thunder.

Spursmania
06-03-2012, 06:42 AM
TE with the call. Wow-pretty spot on with the role players prediction for both teams. :toast

KDtrey5
06-03-2012, 11:32 AM

Your definitely one of those spurs fans who thought the spurs were going 16-0 in the playoffs lol you now alot about the nba :lmao

phxspurfan
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
OKC has a combination of talent and rive that no other team in these playoffs has and is the one team that can really challenge the Spurs. Miami could only dream to have the heart of OKC.

Miami also beat us down earlier in the year. And they have massive heart. One of their Big 3 has been out for most of the important part of the playoffs, they went down in a series and were counted out and still won (Pacers). Even if we make it past the Thunder and into the finals, that series will be just as tough.

Yuixafun
06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm hoping today somewhere... Timmy Tony and Manu are having a deep heart to heart.

Brazil
06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Yes this is a seven game serie, some spurs fans and their we are going to sweep okc bs are ridiculous.

tesseractive
06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow. Scary-accurate thread. Kudos. I misunderestimated the Thunder.

Legacy
06-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Eh, my original, original prediction was Spurs in 6 at the most. If the Spurs aren't hungry enough to close the series out in OKC, then I guess they will close it out at home instead. ... But I'll stick to what I said originally... and if it takes 7 games instead of 6, then oh well... The Spurs will still be the victors. *shrug*

slayermin
06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I should have my head examined. Spurs in five was a pipe dream. Durant showed why he is the future of this league last night.

KDtrey5
06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow. Scary-accurate thread. Kudos. I misunderestimated the Thunder.

No you just overestimate the spurs like alot of other Spur fans. The Thunder have a better home record then the Spurs to. Alot of you guys definitely let the that winning streak get to your heads :rollin

Legacy
06-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Fwiw, I'm actually wrong about our big three. I thought they would bring it in both game 3 and 4. Looks like they laid an egg, collectively. If the big three play with passion and a couple of role players step up, this series is over in six.

I knew my concerns would come true, but not to this extent. All of the Thunder role players have played very fluky games, but much of that has to do with the Spurs inability to do a plethora of basic basketball things right.

Truth.

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Miami also beat us down earlier in the year. And they have massive heart. One of their Big 3 has been out for most of the important part of the playoffs, they went down in a series and were counted out and still won (Pacers). Even if we make it past the Thunder and into the finals, that series will be just as tough.

That game was in Miami, with Jefferson, Blair still in the rotation, and i think Manu didn't play.

Also was early in the year when SA wasn't getting it going.

Boxscore from that game http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320117014

Miami 16-26 from 3?!?!?

spursfanincolorado
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
No you just overestimate the spurs like alot of other Spur fans. The Thunder have a better home record then the Spurs to. Alot of you guys definitely let the that winning streak get to your heads :rollin

I've said this a few times in other threads, home team handling theirs.

It's a best of three here on out. Throw the first games out of your mind...

Once the other team wins on the road first is in the drivers seat...

Budkin
06-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I think the reason we underestimated the Thunder is because we owned them in the regular season and we'd won so many in a row. We forgot the old adage that the regular season means jack shit. This is an epic war and it's going to 7 no doubt.

BackHome
06-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Who really cares as long as we win...:downspin:

But again as I have said since the first game the way we win is if Tony takes this team on his shoulder and Pop doesn't keep Bonner in win he sucks.

GrandeDavid
06-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm hoping today somewhere... Timmy Tony and Manu are having a deep heart to heart.

And I hope that Pop is swallowing his pride along with his wine and ready to set Blair free. Blair has to have an enormous chip on his shoulder and is ready to go bezonkers Monday.

GrandeDavid
06-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I think the reason we underestimated the Thunder is because we owned them in the regular season and we'd won so many in a row. We forgot the old adage that the regular season means jack shit. This is an epic war and it's going to 7 no doubt.

If it goes seven I'll be thrilled because that means we'll win at least one more game in this series. Could easily be 3-1 OKC.

silverblk mystix
06-03-2012, 03:58 PM
LMAO at all the idiots that were owned in this thread.

The worst thing is how these guys ridicule or disparage when a poster like the OP make a claim. They act like experts and talk garbage. Then it turns out the OP was right.

Sadly, these same idiots that just got owned will still have these same attitudes whenever someone posts things they don't agree with.

lmfao

MannyIsGod
06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
LMAO at all the idiots that were owned in this thread.

The worst thing is how these guys ridicule or disparage when a poster like the OP make a claim. They act like experts and talk garbage. Then it turns out the OP was right.

Sadly, these same idiots that just got owned will still have these same attitudes whenever someone posts things they don't agree with.

lmfao

The difference is that when I'm wrong I just admit it and move on. Too bad you can't say the same. You of all people should not laugh at other people getting owned as you have been owned by your own stupidity more than 99% of the posters on this site.

silverblk mystix
06-03-2012, 05:19 PM
The difference is that when I'm wrong I just admit it and move on. Too bad you can't say the same. You of all people should not laugh at other people getting owned as you have been owned by your own stupidity more than 99% of the posters on this site.

lmao thinking and including yourself without your name being mentioned.

Insecure much?

MannyIsGod
06-03-2012, 05:23 PM
You mentioned people who were wrong in this thread. I was wrong in this thread. I'm sure I wasn't the only one you were talking about, but you talked about a group I was in. It doesn't take a giant leap of logic to figure this out.

Are you trying to make yourself look like an idiot (again) in this thread too? SMH

silverblk mystix
06-03-2012, 05:27 PM
You mentioned people who were wrong in this thread. I was wrong in this thread. I'm sure I wasn't the only one you were talking about, but you talked about a group I was in. It doesn't take a giant leap of logic to figure this out.

Are you trying to make yourself look like an idiot (again) in this thread too? SMH

For your information, and thanks for insulting me without any reason, I noticed that you admitted in the thread that you were wrong and owning up to it. So I was not even referring to you for that reason-because you owned up to it-but you swiftly assumed it was you I was referring to and acted as you usually do.

The idiots that assumed the Spurs would sweep and/or win in 5 and talked garbage to others - are the idiots I was referring to.

OZWIN
06-03-2012, 05:45 PM
This series is definitely going seven games now.

trufan24
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Thunder in 6...Spurs are rattled

timvp
06-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiii, I'm not even assuming the Spurs can get it to Game 7 yet. Getting Game 5 is going to take a Herculean effort, tbh.

Budkin
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
The Thunder will be playing loose since they have nothing to lose, they'll have many years of domination in front of them. This is probably the last shot for the Spurs for years to come.

PublicOption
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
If the Celtics win tonight the league will put the hammer down on us tomorrow. It will look, to me, they wanted OKC all along to face the old celtics. That way OKC will win the title and a large market will watch the finals.

OKC is more marketable SA Spurs. Writing is on the wall.

why not Lebron vs KD......it looks too obvious, 2 small markets..etc, etc.....

PublicOption
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
bad thing is blair is the solution, but Pop won't play him.....Pop must be in on the rig with Stern....no other explaination.

spursince#99
06-03-2012, 09:48 PM
bad thing is blair is the solution, but pop won't play him.....pop must be in on the rig with stern....no other explaination.

+1

KDtrey5
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
+1

All season I doubt you guys complained about him not using Blair. I didn't see you guys complaining about Gregg Popovich not usin him when the Spurs were up 2-0. Just stop it with the rig thing it's stupid.

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 11:22 PM
All season I doubt you guys complained about him not using Blair. I didn't see you guys complaining about Gregg Popovich not usin him when the Spurs were up 2-0. Just stop it with the rig thing it's stupid.

The irony is all season Spurs fans wanted him out of the rotation. Now they want him back.

TE
06-03-2012, 11:32 PM
The irony is all season Spurs fans wanted him out of the rotation. Now they want him back.

I wanted him out. I'm arguably Blair's biggest critic on this site but his odd ability to produce against the Thunder cannot continue to go ignored.

HI-FI
06-03-2012, 11:37 PM
if we win, which I still believe in, then the home field advantage will have been our saving grace. the refs will continue to be terrible, so hopefully we can get just enough homecooking since the refs will continue to hook up the Thunder at home.

The next biggest X-factor, besides HFA, is Jackson and Leonard, two guys who just seem to get stronger and more fearless with each game. What they are bringing to this team right now is amazing.

TJastal
06-04-2012, 07:51 AM
lmao @ this thread (and the timing of the thread) this was great bait it brought out the myopic, the arrogant, & the stupid in droves..

Legacy
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
The Thunder will be playing loose since they have nothing to lose, they'll have many years of domination in front of them. This is probably the last shot for the Spurs for years to come.

People were saying the same thing last year, Budkin.

So... again... I won't be buying it (as far as "last chances"). Sorry.

Durant 35
06-04-2012, 09:53 AM
This was always going to be a 6 or 7 game series...

tesseractive
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
This was always going to be a 6 or 7 game series...

Weren't you just hoping after game 2 that the Thunder could at least grab one before being eliminated?

tesseractive
06-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Getting Game 5 is going to take a Herculean effort, tbh.

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 11:14 AM
When people here call someone an idiot...and then it turns out that this "so-called" idiot was right all along.

What does this make the people that called him an idiot?

And the Sheeple that joined in and said shit like "so and so got shitted in this thread"

What does it make them when they were wrong all along?

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 02:19 PM
When people here call someone an idiot...and then it turns out that this "so-called" idiot was right all along.

What does this make the people that called him an idiot?

And the Sheeple that joined in and said shit like "so and so got shitted in this thread"

What does it make them when they were wrong all along?

Makes them Spurstalk Sheeple Experts.

LnGrrrR
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM

I don't.

Ouch. :lol

Unless of course you meant, "I think the Spurs are going to lose 4 out of the next four..." :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist Manny.)

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Ouch. :lol

Unless of course you meant, "I think the Spurs are going to lose 4 out of the next four..." :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist Manny.)

:lmao

hater
06-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Cook? Collison?

:lmao

Reck
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Good call my friend.

If you had any clue you would know this wasn't going to be an easy series. (Spurs winning in 4 or 5, or even 6 for that matter)

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I get the feeling some of the most arrogant pricks on here would prefer no-one bumps this thread.

Sorry-not gonna happen.

Know-it-alls seem to know shit.

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I get the feeling some of the most arrogant pricks on here would prefer no-one bumps this thread.

Sorry-not gonna happen.

Know-it-alls seem to know shit.

smh