PDA

View Full Version : Durant disappoints me, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
He has had the best supporting cast in the NBA the past 2 years..he has never had to fight through the hardships of a weak supporting cast, like Kobe/Lebron/Wade, etc..unlike Lebron and Kobe, he has never had to suffer through any pressure or criticism from the media..

All these advantages, yet he has failed to perform at a dominant level in any series..he has yet to make the NBA Finals..the most disappointing part for me is that Durant has made just negligible improvements to his game..he still doesn't make his teammates better, he doesn't play D on a standout level, he still doesn't wash his face..if Durant was a notable defensive player and passer, his stacked team would have made the Finals the past 2 years, tbh..

Thankfully for Methface, Westbrook will receive all of the blame..

Bonner4MVPzz
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
awesome

Reck
05-29-2012, 11:11 PM
He has one major flaw....

not a leader.

He likes to defer to his teammates, specially Westbrook.

Until he grab hold of his balls and lead they will lose.

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Best supporting cast?

He has no one inside who can finish around the basket.

Far from the best supporting cast, that would be LeBron in Miami.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Durant has a top 10 player in the NBA, a top 5 SG, the best shot blocker in the NBA, arguably the best post defender in the NBA, along with a solid bench..

:lol everybody criticizing Miami's team all year, but hyping them up in anti-Lebron arguments..

Durant doesn't affect his team in any way except scoring, tbh..they have been the heavy favorites to win the West the past 2 seasons, yet they haven't even made the Finals, mostly due to Durant..

Kai
05-29-2012, 11:17 PM
He's still getting better. Give him some time.

LkrFan
05-29-2012, 11:19 PM
How old is he, 22? I guarantee you that he rangs more than LeHype.

#2007NBAFINALSREMIX

Brazil
05-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Harlem with his own agenda over evaluating Durant supporting cast to make Lebron more shinny.

Shtick starting to be more tiresome than giuseppe kobe 5 duncan 4

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Durant has a top 10 player in the NBA, a top 5 SG, the best shot blocker in the NBA, arguably the best post defender in the NBA, along with a solid bench..

:lol everybody criticizing Miami's team all year, but hyping them up in anti-Lebron arguments..

Durant doesn't affect his team in any way except scoring, tbh..they have been the heavy favorites to win the West the past 2 seasons, yet they haven't even made the Finals, mostly due to Durant..

I love Westbrook, but he's not a top 10 player in the league, Harden, sure.

And who gives a flying crap about that, neither can do shit offensively. Perk is useless offensively, Ibaka has a solid mid-range jumper, can't post up, or do anything else.

Like how Durant guarded Kobe, who went 2-10 or 2-11 on him?

The guy is 23, give it time, if he still doesn't have one after he's 26-27, then sure you can use that argument.

angelbelow
05-29-2012, 11:21 PM
:lol

KD4MVP
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM
How old is he, 22? I guarantee you that he rangs more than LeHype.

#2007NBAFINALSREMIX

Only 23.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Which part of my assessment was false?..Westbrook was undoubtedly a top 10 player, this year..Harden is easily a top 5 SG..Ibaka is the best shot blocker and Perkins is arguably the best post defender..

Durant is the most protected player of my lifetime, tbh..

The double standards and hypocrisy is ridiculous..

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:23 PM
So you want him to make the Finals this season?

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Which part of my assessment was false?..Westbrook was undoubtedly a top 10 player, this year..Harden is easily a top 5 SG..Ibaka is the best shot blocker and Perkins is arguably the best post defender..

Westbrook ain't top 10.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 11:25 PM
OKC's defense was worse with Durant on the floor, this season, and has been during the playoffs..

:lol guarding a TOSB in jump-shooting mode for a few possessions isn't an argument..

LkrFan
05-29-2012, 11:26 PM
KD didn't abandone ship. That's the difference for me. When the going gets rough, the tuff go to Souf Beach! :lol

DMC
05-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Kobe has the best supporting cast. Durant has his mini-me who pretty much takes the team out of the game. If the Thunder had Rondo, they would be twice as effective.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Nowitzki, Paul, Bryant, James, Wade, Durant and Howard are the only players that I couldn't make an argument against, in favor of Westbrook..

I'd have 1 or 2 more ahead, but I can make an argument against anybody else..

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Westbrook ain't top 10.

Fine name the top 10 then.

chunticakes
05-29-2012, 11:33 PM
He has had the best supporting cast in the NBA the past 2 years..he has never had to fight through the hardships of a weak supporting cast, like Kobe/Lebron/Wade, etc..unlike Lebron and Kobe, he has never had to suffer through any pressure or criticism from the media..

All these advantages, yet he has failed to perform at a dominant level in any series..he has yet to make the NBA Finals..the most disappointing part for me is that Durant has made just negligible improvements to his game..he still doesn't make his teammates better, he doesn't play D on a standout level, he still doesn't wash his face..if Durant was a notable defensive player and passer, his stacked team would have made the Finals the past 2 years, tbh..

Thankfully for Methface, Westbrook will receive all of the blame..

and yet lebron doesn't have a ring yet. get his cock outta your mouth already geez.

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Fine name the top 10 then.

Lebron
Durant
Parker
CP3
Howard
Love
Aldridge
Wade
Bynum (if he gets his mental shit together)
Dirk

Maybe not the best 10 in the nba but all clearly better than WestBrick.

Brazil
05-29-2012, 11:38 PM
So Harlem's point is Lebron > Durant

I think most of the people agree with that during at least 3/4 of a game

ElNono
05-29-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm gonna agree with Harlem here... OKC has the 6th player of the year coming off the bench while Miami trots out Battier and Mike Miller... Nazr can defend bigs, where neither Haslem or Turiaf can...

Truth is every OKC fan walked in here to let us know how great defenders Sefolosha (the famed Kobe stopper) and Ibaka (top shot blocker in the league) are, but now that they've been exposed because they have no offense, they're scrubs?... doesn't work like that.

FkLA
05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Ive said for a long time that Durant will never be as good as LeBron because of how one dimensional his game is. KD is a great scorer but its mostly on jumpshots and that really hurts his ability to makes teammates better and be an effective closer. I know hes hit some big shots this year but Ill take my chances with someone taking it hard to the rim over someone shooting fadeaway 3s like KD normally does in crunchtime.

NRHector
05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm gonna agree with Harlem here... OKC has the 6th player of the year coming off the bench while Miami trots out Battier and Mike Miller... Nazr can defend bigs, where neither Haslem or Turiaf can...

Truth is every OKC fan walked in here to let us know how great defenders Sefolosha (the famed Kobe stopper) and Ibaka (top shot blocker in the league) are, but now that they've been exposed because they have no offense, they're scrubs?... doesn't work like that.

Nono with the goods

SupremeGuy
05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
He's 23.

Killakobe81
05-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I love Wesbrook but top 15 is more apt, than top 10 ...but it's close I say he may even be top 12 ... if EVERYONE is healthy

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Aldridge
Bynum (if he gets his mental shit together)

Maybe not the best 10 in the nba but all clearly better than WestBrick.
I'd argue that Westbrook is better than both. First off your rating bynum of pure potential so your already saying brook is better, and Im pretty sure even the blazers don't think Aldrige is a top 10 player, would you really blow up a playoff team the year the west was open if you have a top 10 dude. I think not.

But honestly this is fairly subjective and I do see where your coming from.

100%duncan
05-29-2012, 11:56 PM
I'd argue that Westbrook is better than both. First off your rating bynum of pure potential so your already saying brook is better, and Im pretty sure even the blazers don't think Aldrige is a top 10 player, would you really blow up a playoff team the year the west was open if you have a top 10 dude. I think not.

But honestly this is fairly subjective and I do see where your coming from.

Replace the 2 then.

Put Harden and Kobe in there. Heck, put Manu in there too.

InK
05-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Westbrook ain't top 10.

Stalin
05-29-2012, 11:57 PM
^ that ginobli gif is intense, tbh

MattBonnerExperience
05-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Replace the 2 then.

Put Harden and Kobe in there. Heck, put Manu in there too.

Yeah, this gets tricky, for this year I'd probably still give Westbrook the nod. Kobe's in cause he carried that team but Manu didn't really do much and Westbrook was to me atleast better than harden.

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah, this gets tricky, for this year I'd probably still give Westbrook the nod. Kobe's in cause he carried that team but Manu didn't really do much and Westbrook was to me atleast better than harden.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198282 ST doesn't think so

MattBonnerExperience
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198282 ST doesn't think so

that's very true and I can't argue with that, but the way I see it if you had to pick one of those guys to lead your team I'd pick Westbrook. So atleast for this situation I feel he's better. But you know to each his own.

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 12:05 AM
that's very true and I can't argue with that, but the way I see it if you had to pick one of those guys to lead your team I'd pick Westbrook. So atleast for this situation I feel he's better. But you know to each his own.

Pretty much sums it up.

oh crap
05-30-2012, 12:06 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

who knew a such a poor schtick could have such a long shelf life. i couldn't imagine anyone spends more time thinking about durant than harlem.

MattBonnerExperience
05-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Pretty much sums it up.

Yeah, it's hard to do a top 10 because everyone interprets it thier own way.

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 12:09 AM

who knew a such a poor schtick could have such a long shelf life. i couldn't imagine anyone spends more time thinking about durant than harlem.

It's like most of the spurs fans thinking about kobe and la.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 12:12 AM

Westbrook is my favorite player on OKC, but he's not a top 10 player, even this year. Harden, sure is a top 5 SG.

While Ibaka/Perkins are the best shot blocker, post defender, they give OKC NOTHING offensively.

OKC got 23 points not from Harden, Durant, RW, Spurs got 53 or 55.....

He's only 23.

Unfortunately we run into a team of destiny, and a team that has no flaws the past 2 years.

05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
if the thunder keep the team together, they are going to own the west for many years to come. they are still young and once they figure out how to play defense, the thunder will dominate.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM

Ibaka is a good shot blocker, not so good post defender.

As for Thabo, he is a pretty good on the ball defender, why Fisher is playing more minutes over him, i have no clue. Stick him on Manu. He won't shut him down, but he'll make it tough on him.

LeBron has a top 5 player in Wade, and a top 13-15 player in Bosh, at best it evens out with the Big 3 from each team including Durant/James.

And Durant is 4 years younger then James.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Players i'd take over Westbrook, if LeBron nut sucker thinks he is.

James
Durant
Dirk
Kobe
Wade
Love
Parker
Rose
Paul
Deron
Dwight
Melo
Aldridge

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 12:20 AM
if the thunder keep the team together, they are going to own the west for many years to come. they are still young and once they figure out how to play defense, the thunder will dominate.

They gotta get rid of Westbrook and their coach.

oh crap
05-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Harlem is trolling tbh.

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Harlem is trolling tbh.

He ain't.

ElNono
05-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Ibaka is a good shot blocker, not so good post defender.

As for Thabo, he is a pretty good on the ball defender, why Fisher is playing more minutes over him, i have no clue. Stick him on Manu. He won't shut him down, but he'll make it tough on him.

LeBron has a top 5 player in Wade, and a top 13-15 player in Bosh, at best it evens out with the Big 3 from each team including Durant/James.

And Durant is 4 years younger then James.

Brooks put Sefolosha on Parker early in the game. You probably didn't notice because Tony was running circles around him. Sefolosha might be able to hang with TOSBs like Kobe, but quick feet is a problem.

Now, on the comparison, the Thunder are simply deeper. I know the Spurs are making Westbrook look like shit, but if you were to erase the games against the Spurs (both RS and playoffs), Westbrook has been phenomenal for OKC. And again, the Thunder bench >>>>>>>> anything on the Heat bench. It's not close. Cook nailed 3s all season long, no comparison with an old dude in one leg like Miller. Sefolosha is the younger Battier. Heat has no post defender like Perkins. None, not even Bosh. Turiaf and Haslem would beg to have Ibaka's jumpshot. It's not close, that's why I thought OKC would beat Miami if you guys made it to the Finals.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Brooks put Sefolosha on Parker early in the game. You probably didn't notice because Tony was running circles around him. Sefolosha might be able to hang with TOSBs like Kobe, but quick feet is a problem.

Now, on the comparison, the Thunder are simply deeper. I know the Spurs are making Westbrook look like shit, but if you were to erase the games against the Spurs (both RS and playoffs), Westbrook has been phenomenal for OKC. And again, the Thunder bench >>>>>>>> anything on the Heat bench. It's not close. Cook nailed 3s all season long, no comparison with an old dude in one leg like Miller. Sefolosha is the younger Battier. Heat has no post defender like Perkins. None, not even Bosh. Turiaf and Haslem would beg to have Ibaka's jumpshot. It's not close, that's why I thought OKC would beat Miami if you guys made it to the Finals.

Yeah, they got no answer for TP, he ate them up in the last 2 RS games, and so far, dude is a beast. One of my favorite players to watch, extremely underrated. I'd stick him on Manu, and hope his length can bother him a little bit.

I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be with Harden off.

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2012, 12:51 AM
- The Thunder will never become a dominant defensive team with a big 3 of Durant/Harden/Westbrook, they're all average, or worse, defensively..

- :lol 90% of the posters here downplay Chris Bosh's absence, but now he's a top 15 player in the NBA?..

- :lol OKC's stacked roster was hyped all year, now they're weak?..

- :lol thinking Deron Williams's fat ass or Derrick Rose's broken ass is better than Westbrook, atm..

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 01:00 AM
- The Thunder will never become a dominant defensive team with a big 3 of Durant/Harden/Westbrook, they're all average, or worse, defensively..

- :lol 90% of the posters here downplay Chris Bosh's absence, but now he's a top 15 player in the NBA?..

- :lol OKC's stacked roster was hyped all year, now they're weak?..

- :lol thinking Deron Williams's fat ass or Derrick Rose's broken ass is better than Westbrook, atm..

Probably won't be, to be fair, not many top defensive teams out there. When it's crunch-time, they turn it up defensively.

- They can get by without him vs Boston, they aint beating SA without Bosh.

- Stacked, hardly, they have a good roster, unfortunately they are playing a really, really good team with no holes who has the best coach in the league. If you go big, they can throw Duncan and Diaw or Splitter. If you go small, they can throw out TP, Neal, Manu, Jackson/Leonard, Duncan. They can match any lineup we throw out there.

- Deron Williams plays with no one, that team is crap. I will wait to see how he does coming back from injury.

LnGrrrR
05-30-2012, 01:19 AM

Really? I'm pretty sure that Kobe was slightly more protected with Shaq et all in the early 2000's.

LkrFan
05-30-2012, 02:05 AM

As long as KD is a threat Harlem's schtick will live on. :lol

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 02:15 AM
He's 23 ... Durant has Alot of room to grow here....

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2012, 02:18 AM
i hate it when ppl bring up the age experience...his been in the league for 3-4 years...how many more years are you going to give him a free pass....

Josepatches_
05-30-2012, 02:32 AM
Durant has a much better team around him than LeBron.It's not debateable

Spurtacus
05-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Thunder should have dealt Westbrook for Paul or Rondo. Westbrook takes more shots than Durant, they lose. I fully expect Durant to take more shots in one of the next two games which probably will result in a OKC win.

Latarian Milton
05-30-2012, 04:22 AM
sadly agreed tbh, durant just not the personality a real leader should be. nigga would be awesome as a #2 banana (e.g. scottie pippen) and he'd probably make a dynasty with a great player, but he just can't lead his team to peak as the #1 guy tbh

05-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Man I am not going rip Durant. Guy is going to get better every year.

Goran Dragic
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
OKC's talent is overrated to an extent. Kerr mentioned this last night and he's correct that they have absolutely no big men who can finish. Their big men being so limited offensively will be a roadblock for them till they correct it.

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
i hate it when ppl bring up the age experience...his been in the league for 3-4 years...how many more years are you going to give him a free pass....

It takes alot to win championships... Durant is only 23. It takes time.

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
OKC's talent is overrated to an extent. Kerr mentioned this last night and he's correct that they have absolutely no big men who can finish. Their big men being so limited offensively will be a roadblock for them till they correct it.

More depth and a guy who you can give the ball to and score Abit in the post. That's all we need. Hopefully that will come this summer.

midnightpulp
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM

^

Durant's been the second best player in the playoffs behind Lebron. I thought him hitting 3 game winners these playoffs and shutting Kobe down in the 4th quarters of games 2 and 4 would end the "he can't lead" and "soft" criticisms.

What more does this guy need to do? Average 50?

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
^

Durant's been the second best player in the playoffs behind Lebron. I thought him hitting 3 game winners these playoffs and shutting Kobe down in the 4th quarters of games 2 and 4 would end the "he can't lead" and "soft" criticisms.

What more does this guy need to do? Average 50?

Agree. Westbrook, Coaching and Offensive bigmen are the problems.

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't even see coaching as the problem and Westbrook having no one to run effective pick and rolls with hurts him too. Their lack of a scoring threat at PF or C makes them a team great defensive coaches like Popovich can make adjustments against that always work.

leemajors
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM

they have any money to add someone like that without giving up someone like harden?

Spurs da champs
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't even see coaching as the problem and Westbrook having no one to run effective pick and rolls with hurts him too.

Well as they say your point guard is an extension of the coach...but this team is very flawed they were built to beat the Lakers whom are no longer contenders, this series is showing you they're really missing Jeff Green.

Also tho if you don't see that competitive fire to demand the damn ball now, will you ever see it?

What kind of Batman defers to Robin?

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Not really no, especially once Westbrook extension kicks in. It would have to be through a trade.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Thunder should have dealt Westbrook for Paul or Rondo. Westbrook takes more shots than Durant, they lose. I fully expect Durant to take more shots in one of the next two games which probably will result in a OKC win.

Paul, yes, Rondo, no, he can't score as well as Westbrook and our bigs can't finish worth a damn around the basket.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
sadly agreed tbh, durant just not the personality a real leader should be. nigga would be awesome as a #2 banana (e.g. scottie pippen) and he'd probably make a dynasty with a great player, but he just can't lead his team to peak as the #1 guy tbh

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

He held Kobe to 2-10 or 2-11 when he was on him.

He hit 3 game-winners in the first 2 rounds.

At least when the game is on the line, he doesn't pass the ball unlike someone (cough LeBron)

He's 23 freaking years old, Durant is far from the problem. Need a scoring big badly.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
they have any money to add someone like that without giving up someone like harden?

It would probably have to be through a trade.

Or sign a vet, like KG, unlikely.

lebomb
05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Durant is a BEAST. If I had to start a team now, I would draft him first.

ElNono
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
i think it also hurts that westchuck isn't a real basketball player, he does that whole "flying through the lane like a flying squirrel" shtick and that's about it. he was seeming to develop a jumper there for a bit but it was just a fluke i guess.

this... plus the Spurs already saw the original monkeyball in the previous round, so they're well prepared for it, tbh IMO.

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 01:54 PM
i think it also hurts that westchuck isn't a real basketball player, he does that whole "flying through the lane like a flying squirrel" shtick and that's about it. he was seeming to develop a jumper there for a bit but it was just a fluke i guess.

He is too erratic at times, and his jumper isn't a fluke, his mid-range jumper is pure money.

But yes, at times he plays too overly aggressive.

Durant is far from the problem.

benstanfield
05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Comparing Durant to Lebron seems kind of misleading to me.

Lebron is definitely a player built in the MJ/Kobe mold of being physically dominant on every end of the floor and being able to carry a team based on sheer force of will. They are players whose competitiveness and dominance make their teammates better and force their opponents to make a gameplan with them specifically in mind. Ginobili and Wade are also examples, to a lesser extent.

KD, to me, seems to be more like a Reggie Miller/Ray Allen type of player. They are excellent scorers who when in a groove can outscore guys from the other group, but their scoring comes as a result of finesse and sharpshooting rather than physical dominance. Their shooting spreads the floor and makes things easier for teammates, but they are not great facilitators. Rudy Gay and Melo might be further examples. While I think KD is probably the best player of this type from among them, there is no question that a great player from the LBJ/MJ/Kobe mold probably has a greater impact on a team's playoff success.

The difference is that opposing teams have to completely change their gameplans around guys like Lebron. When he is on the floor, all 5 defenders have to be aware of his movements at all times. Against guys like Allen and KD, opposing teams can stick their solid perimeter defenders on them and hope to force them to take hard shots while being able to gameplan for whatever his teammates might bring. This is why Westbrook takes a ton of heat, because teams can key in on him until Durant commands more respect. The Spurs can gameplan around KD's 30ppg whereas they would have to really focus the majority of their efforts against a true game-changer.

How good would this Thunder team would be if you replaced KD with LBJ? Scoring big or no scoring big, it wouldn't matter. The Thunder would be unstoppable.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-30-2012, 03:51 PM
"He still doesn't wash his face" :lmao

DMC
05-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Russell's skills are unquestionable, but his maturity and decisiveness are lacking.