PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Houston

JamStone
05-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Had my brother's wedding this past weekend. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency downtown. Got a $255 parkjng ticket at a commercial meter... d'oh! Had McCormick & Scmick Thursday night. Went to Pappas BBQ for rehearsal dinner. The bride took pics with David Beckham at the hotel bar. Lucky Strike for bowling and pool Friday night and got my brother and myself plastered. Got lost in the Spec's warehouse buying about $400 worth of booze for the post ceremony party bus ride for the wedding party. Petroleum Club for the wedding reception. Lupe Tortilla for Sunday dinner with the cousins. Hugh's Hangars Sunday night. Then Cat's Deli for a 3:00 AM munchies run. Amazing weekend. Great times with long lost family. Thanks Houston. See you again soon.

oh crap
05-30-2012, 01:40 AM
:tu

outside of austin, texas is a shithole to live in but houston really is a fun city. have friends and family there and have always enjoyed it much more than expected.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-30-2012, 08:55 AM
You must be "weird" :lmao

MannyIsGod
05-30-2012, 10:45 AM
The only thing that sucks about Houston is the heat and humidity.

leemajors
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM

the traffic situation could be better.

benefactor
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
the traffic situation could be better.
This. Easily the worst traffic in the state. Not sure how it can improve though with 4.1 million people in such a small area.

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2012, 01:29 PM

well there is that other thing thank you new orleans

DPG21920
05-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Hate Houston

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2012, 02:40 PM

And the traffic.

And the mosquitoes. Can't do anything outside at night without getting eaten up by those big tiger striped mothers.

VBM
05-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Petroleum Club for the wedding reception.

Had mine there this past November. The view of the city at night is pretty sick.

Das Texan
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
must have been a richer to have it at the petroleum club.

GuerillaBlack
05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
This. Easily the worst traffic in the state. Not sure how it can improve though with 4.1 million people in such a small area.

I don't know, DFW is pretty bad. More freeways and they aren't as wide. Houston traffic is pretty easy.

baseline bum
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
And the traffic.

And the mosquitoes. Can't do anything outside at night without getting eaten up by those big tiger striped mothers.

And the people. I have never seen a city with so much stupid civic pride; it's like 2 million Buddy Holly's jammed into a swamp.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Most of the city smells bad this time of year. And it's not because anyone is out there breaking a sweat. Apparently if you combine enough air pollution with swamp rot you can get a ball sackish sort of musk over a whole metropolitan area.

MannyIsGod
05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
:lol

Damn maybe I spend just enough time in Houston not to hate it.

djohn2oo8
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
And the people. I have never seen a city with so much stupid civic pride; it's like 2 million Buddy Holly's jammed into a swamp.
There are stupid people everywhere. Especially in Texas.

djohn2oo8
05-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Had my brother's wedding this past weekend. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency downtown. Got a $255 parkjng ticket at a commercial meter... d'oh! Had McCormick & Scmick Thursday night. Went to Pappas BBQ for rehearsal dinner. The bride took pics with David Beckham at the hotel bar. Lucky Strike for bowling and pool Friday night and got my brother and myself plastered. Got lost in the Spec's warehouse buying about $400 worth of booze for the post ceremony party bus ride for the wedding party. Petroleum Club for the wedding reception. Lupe Tortilla for Sunday dinner with the cousins. Hugh's Hangars Sunday night. Then Cat's Deli for a 3:00 AM munchies run. Amazing weekend. Great times with long lost family. Thanks Houston. See you again soon.
Glad you had a good time. :toast

Latarian Milton
05-31-2012, 12:38 AM
houston ranks the #1 dumbest of all major cities 10yrs in a row now and yeah, its a paradise for dumb people to live in tbh

cantthinkofanything
05-31-2012, 12:46 AM
houston ranks the #1 dumbest of all major cities 10yrs in a row now and yeah, its a paradise for dumb people to live in tbh

Yo mama is so fat, she ranks as the #2 dumbest city.