PDA

View Full Version : the streak is our strength!...isn't it?

mudyez
05-30-2012, 05:15 AM
A lot of people say that they don't like the streak not beeing broken some weeks before. I understand fearing it could get into the head of the players, that they become greedy, or that they think about going 16:0 (that said 26:0) over simply winning the next game.

BUT...

Isn't the streak what makes sure every single player is focusing on the next game? Isn't the streak what makes us fight until the very end even though we might be down 24 points? Isn't the streak what gives us trust into our play? And isn't the streak what puts fear in our oponents, because we look like an unbeatable mashine (at least after the wins vs OKC)?

that beeing said: We are on an unbelievable run and we deserve it. But our biggest test will be the next "L". The streak will be over, we will look beatable, we might doubt ourself, we might say to ourself: "ok, we are loosing now, but the series isn't over yet".

MAY THAT DAY NOT COME UNTIL FALL!!!

p.s.: yeah, it's a veteran group with a lot of balls, so we migh be fine.

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 05:20 AM
We are not Undertaker. Our players don't care about the streak, although I would love them to not break it until the end of the season.

SA210
05-30-2012, 05:23 AM
I'm pulling for the streak to continue. :tu

mudyez
05-30-2012, 05:25 AM
lol...din't think of the Undertaker thing :)...

and I like to think of ourself as him :D...old, black, with Pop as Paul Bearer :D

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 05:27 AM
lol...din't think of the Undertaker thing :)...

and I like to think of ourself as him :D...old, black, with Pop as Paul Bearer :D

Pop won't EVER double cross us.

therealtruth
05-30-2012, 05:44 AM
It's not about the streak. It's about taking one game at a time. And treating the next game as the most important game. If the Spurs do that they will be fine.

Seventyniner
05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
If the players are really thinking about the streak, I bet the Spurs lose by 20 in game 3. Putting all that pressure on yourself usually doesn't work.