PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else felt the same? The best play of the game after Duncanīs.

OldSilentHill
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Time just stopped. I was OMG when TP went into the corner.

Parker just somehow knew, he just went into the corner, HE, Parker, not a 3 point shooter, but somehow he knew, he was confident :wow my favorite play of the game after Duncanīs Dunk.

zC5oHCsg6HQ

PS: and the 20 point lead in there.

NRHector
05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Time just stopped. I was like OMG when TP went into the corner.

Parker just somehow knew, he just went into the corner, HE, Parker, not a 3 point shooter, but somehow he knew, he was confident :wow my favorite play of the game after Duncanīs Dunk.

zC5oHCsg6HQ

PS: and the 20 point lead in there.

and the Thunder just standing and watching, not one attempted to block the shot

Dr Cox
05-30-2012, 10:29 AM
that play was awesome : )

Spurfect21
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Tony's spin move that made Perkins literally look like a statue should get some credit too!

thunderfan
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Pretty much sums up a lot of what went on last night. Let's just look at the MF'ers (I call them MF-ers with affection) while they torch us. Get a camera, take a picture while you're at it.

boutons_deux
05-30-2012, 10:34 AM
At that point, the Okies seemed resigned to getting stomped, but they kept fighting back.

coyotes_geek
05-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Absolutely cold blooded. At that moment that play was the Spurs saying "we can get any shot we want any time we want" and the Thunder saying "yes, you can".

Gotta give the Thunder credit though, they shook it off and came back.

NRHector
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
let's not forget Timmy's dunk

TwoHandJam
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Gotta give OKC credit. I didn't think they'd get back off the mat after that. Most teams would have crumbled. Like a punch-drunk prizefighter though, they weren't quite the same after we connected with that haymaker.

Fernando TD21
05-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Tony's spin move that made Perkins literally look like a statue should get some credit too!
NBA put that play and some others in the top 5:

Gx93rWpxKLU

Drachen
05-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I just want a gif of Manu Ginobili's reaction when he hit that three. I thought he was about to turn into the hulk like in that guy's avatar.

NRHector
05-30-2012, 10:58 AM
NBA put that play and some others in the top 5:

Gx93rWpxKLU

gotdam all 5 were Spurs plays :toast

EJFischer
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
gotdam all 5 were Spurs plays :toast

There was only one game, and the Spurs never trailed. Of course all five were Spurs plays.

Solid D
05-30-2012, 11:05 AM
I loved TP's spin move.

Key baskets in the game, though, were by Ginobili and TP with under 2 minutes to play. OKC had battled back from being down by 22 and Durant had just cut the lead to 7 points. Ginobili makes a long three from the left wing with 1:30 remaining. If he misses that shot it is likely an immediate rim run for 2 or more Thunder points. Then with 33 seconds remaining, Parker nailed a jumper that ended the Thunder's hopes of a successful comeback. I thought those were the 2 key plays for the Spurs.

chunticakes
05-30-2012, 11:08 AM
everybody just stood there and watched parker eat his lunch and then drain that 3.

:lol

Solid D
05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Defensively, my favorite play was Timmy's block of Westbrook as the 1st half was ending. He managed to not get called for the foul when Russell created the contact, then contorted to block his shot.

Keepin' it real
05-30-2012, 11:11 AM
let's not forget Timmy's dunk

Read the thread title, genius.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

NRHector
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
There was only one game, and the Spurs never trailed. Of course all five were Spurs plays.

I know there was only one game but I'm sure Ok has some good plays

Budkin
05-30-2012, 11:16 AM
I was in a bar in Austin watching the game and people went flippin nuts.

ajballer4
Pretty sure Tony stopped to crack a smile there

OldSilentHill

There was an specific dunk made by Durant that amazed me. On the 4Q I think.

Fabbs
05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Time just stopped. I was OMG when TP went into the corner.

I thought the play before was just as, maybe even more impressive. The Leonard trey that broght the Spurs to 75 points.

Spurs do a good job of getting a "team" tipped rebound and get it to Tony who takes it past halfcourt:
1. Parker with ball just past halfcourt lobs it to Duncan. The lob is pretty well defended and maybe a tad too long/Dunks can't *sky* anymore so Duncan extends and catches the ball and before he runs out of bounds...
2. Duncan does a nifty high jump off one leg and throws a baseball strike to Diaw about 12 feet diagonal from the hoop.
3. Diaw fakes a shot, drives it into the lane, does a quick stop and crossover. Ibanka does not bite, so Diaw fakes it again then turns around and threads a pass just beyond Spiderman Durants grasp (Spidey actually grazes the ball) and it arrives to Leonard just outside the arc.
4. Leonard immediately gives the ball to Parker who is between the top of the arc and halfcourt.
5. Tony does a few dribbles then goes past a double screen by Timmy and Diaw on Westbrook. Tony blows past Ibaka and then makes it look like he is going to shoot one of his extended layups. Durant is there for the swat, so Tony expertly lowers the ball a bit and shovels a sideways pass to
6. Leonard, who meanwhile has gone and positioned himself for the corner trey. He takes a breath, gathers the ball. The Spurs crowd is on its feet. Kawhi launches, swish.

If anyone can .gif this plllease do.

Fabbs
05-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Westbrooks swat of Parker looked like all ball and no body foul. I had t.v. on mute so as not to have to endure Ragina Miller.

ace3g
05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Anyone have the stats for shooting percentage on 3s off Manu behind the back passes...I can't remember a time when someone missed. I told my bro right after the pass that the 3 was going in.

OldSilentHill
05-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Anyone have the stats for shooting percentage on 3s off Manu behind the back passes...I can't remember a time when someone missed. I told my bro right after the pass that the 3 was going in.

I thought the play before was just as, maybe even more impressive. The Leonard trey that broght the Spurs to 75 points.

Spurs do a good job of getting a "team" tipped rebound and get it to Tony who takes it past halfcourt:
1. Parker with ball just past halfcourt lobs it to Duncan. The lob is pretty well defended and maybe a tad too long/Dunks can't *sky* anymore so Duncan extends and catches the ball and before he runs out of bounds...
2. Duncan does a nifty high jump off one leg and throws a baseball strike to Diaw about 12 feet diagonal from the hoop.
3. Diaw fakes a shot, drives it into the lane, does a quick stop and crossover. Ibanka does not bite, so Diaw fakes it again then turns around and threads a pass just beyond Spiderman Durants grasp (Spidey actually grazes the ball) and it arrives to Leonard just outside the arc.
4. Leonard immediately gives the ball to Parker who is between the top of the arc and halfcourt.
5. Tony does a few dribbles then goes past a double screen by Timmy and Diaw on Westbrook. Tony blows past Ibaka and then makes it look like he is going to shoot one of his extended layups. Durant is there for the swat, so Tony expertly lowers the ball a bit and shovels a sideways pass to
6. Leonard, who meanwhile has gone and positioned himself for the corner trey. He takes a breath, gathers the ball. The Spurs crowd is on its feet. Kawhi launches, swish.

If anyone can .gif this plllease do.

Do you have the video? Otherwise you have a remarcable memory :wow

Who can have such a stat? :lol

But iīll admit its intriguing.

Jimcs50
05-30-2012, 12:35 PM
My favorite play was Westbrook's air ball 3 point attempt.

:p:

Jimcs50
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Actually my favorite play besides TD's dunk was Manu's 3 pointer that stopped Thunder's momentum with 2 minutes left. I've not seem Manu get that stoked in a long time.

Fabbs
05-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Do you have the video? Otherwise you have a remarcable memory :wow
dvr.

Again if anyone will .gif this :worthy:

smaka
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I was like "hell yea baby" when TP made this 3pt shot!
Lol @ OKC for just standing and watching him.

foodie2
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
I loved Steve Kerr's comment: Parker had time to make a Tuna Melt. :lol

SA210
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
With the assist from Manu, that play was something to remember.

**Avery Johnson's voice** "TP was on Fire"

GSH
05-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Manu's pass was so slick, the Thunder players didn't even know that Tony had the ball. They were still looking at Manu. By the time they figured it out, there was no point on closing with Tony. He would either make it or he wouldn't. It was good that Tony knocked it down. But he had time to drink a beer before he took the shot.

therealtruth
05-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Should that still count as an assist after Parker took all that time?

Venti Quattro
05-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Nobody even dared to come close to challenge.

aal04
05-30-2012, 09:33 PM
The only thing missing from this play was slow mo, overlayed text, and shook ones background music.

joeSpurs
05-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Parker took so much time, I thought the refs might call 3 seconds on 4 Spurs under the basket.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Parker lollygagged the hell outta that shot, and I loved the crowd's buildup from the "ooooooh" reacting to Manu's behind the back pass to the realization spreading through the building that "oh god he's really going to shoot a 3," then TP nailing it and the house coming down. Just greatness.

Fpoonsie
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Actually my favorite play besides TD's dunk was Manu's 3 pointer that stopped Thunder's momentum with 2 minutes left. I've not seem Manu get that stoked in a long time.

Does anybody have a YouTube clip of that from the actual game? My DVR cut out a few minutes before the end of regulation...(fuckin' Hack-a-Splitter).

Spurs and Mavs fan
05-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Parker could have stood there for 10 seconds. Maybe some Thunder players would have come to defend against him, maybe not. But it was one of the most magnificent wide-open shots I'd ever seen.