PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side....

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
It wasn't that long ago as a thunder fan that the lottery was really exciting for us thunder fans....

Come a long way in the last 3 years.

flipspursfan
05-30-2012, 10:47 AM
You guys'll get there. All the successful teams have endured heart aches some time in their young pasts. OKC's gonna win rings, in the future, when they have everything figured it out :toast

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah when timmy retires :lol

NRHector
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
It wasn't that long ago as a thunder fan that the lottery was really exciting for us thunder fans....

Come a long way in the last 3 years.

Your team can go far if your players stay loyal to the city and the organization instead of trying to go for the big markets to get more exposure,the journey is long but rewarding

Durant 35
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Your team can go far if your players stay loyal to the city and the organization instead of trying to go for the big markets to get more exposure,the journey is long but rewarding

Luckily got durant and Westbrook locked up... Harden and ibaka will be tough but I'm sure we will get it sorted.

flipspursfan
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah when timmy retires :lol

which will be around 3-4 years :lol

:depressed:depressed:depressed

Dr Cox
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I bet a friend $200 that the Thunder win the 'ship in the next 5 years.

dont let me down youngins!

Spur_Fanatic
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
You guys will win it all this year, don't worry.

ffadicted
05-30-2012, 11:05 AM
ngl I look forward to cheering for OKC in the "deny LeBrick a ring" quest after the spurs can't compete anymore

ALVAREZ6
05-30-2012, 11:09 AM
The Thunder are a lock for the WCF for the next decade. Durant, Harden, and Westbrook are all 22 or 23. That's fucking INSANE. They will win championships.

midnightpulp
05-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Series isn't over yet. I'm still scared to death. '04 taught me never again to trust "streaks" (Spurs won 17 straight heading into Game 3 of the WCSF and looked unbeatable, just like they do now) and 2-0 leads.

And even though the Spurs won game 2, I'm not too thrilled about them giving up 111 points at home. They won't score 120 at Chesapeake. Knowing they can put up a big score on the Spurs at their arena no doubt gives the Thunder a boost of confidence. The Thunder have more than a few positives to take from games 1 and 2, believe it or not. In addition to that, my primary worry is the Spurs' roleplayers underperforming. Green is the first to fall so far, but if too many players outside of Ginobili, Duncan, and Parker follow suit, OKC finds themselves with the advantage since their Big 3 is better than their counterpart.

More than a good chance this series is 2-2 by the end of the week.

Spur_Fanatic
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Agreed.

Thunder still have over 80/90% chances to win this series.
We just got lucky the first 2 games, have faith.

KaiRMD1
05-30-2012, 11:28 AM
As long as the Thunder don't trade their core, the Thunder have an extremely bright future

noles1983
05-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Agreed.

Thunder still have over 80/90% chances to win this series.
We just got lucky the first 2 games, have faith.

:lmao

KD4MVP
05-30-2012, 11:54 AM
The Thunder are a lock for the WCF for the next decade. Durant, Harden, and Westbrook are all 22 or 23. That's fucking INSANE. They will win championships.

They'll get to that point eventually.

Gotta go through growing pains to eventually get there. They signed RW/KD, Ibaka and Harden are RFA's the year after, so we'll see, but yeah, they got a bright future. Still need a scoring big though.

I just hope we don't get swept.

Frenzy
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
ngl I look forward to cheering for OKC in the "deny LeBrick a ring" quest after the spurs can't compete anymore

:lol that would be awesome.

Kai
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Thunder doing it by the books. Tank like you mean it, and hit on all your high lottery picks.

Budkin
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
The Thunder are going to be dominating the league for years to come... think about all they are already doing at such a young age. I'll be rooting for them, after the Spurs of course.

ElNono
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
I would argue that being caught in the middle (not good enough to win a ship, but good enough not to land a high pick) is probably the worst. The thing with the Thunder though, is that they don't have any albatross contract they can't move. All the guys on big contracts are still young.

2pac > Kobe
05-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Lol okc fans depressing up the nba forum

thispego
05-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Series isn't over yet. I'm still scared to death. '04 taught me never again to trust "streaks" (Spurs won 17 straight heading into Game 3 of the WCSF and looked unbeatable, just like they do now) and 2-0 leads.

And even though the Spurs won game 2, I'm not too thrilled about them giving up 111 points at home. They won't score 120 at Chesapeake. Knowing they can put up a big score on the Spurs at their arena no doubt gives the Thunder a boost of confidence. The Thunder have more than a few positives to take from games 1 and 2, believe it or not. In addition to that, my primary worry is the Spurs' roleplayers underperforming. Green is the first to fall so far, but if too many players outside of Ginobili, Duncan, and Parker follow suit, OKC finds themselves with the advantage since their Big 3 is better than their counterpart.

More than a good chance this series is 2-2 by the end of the week.

what a puss

Axe Murderer
05-30-2012, 03:15 PM

How is that possible considering the Heat are ringing this year??

05-30-2012, 03:43 PM
the thunder will always have a trump card. westbrook + perkins for dwight howard.

DMC
05-30-2012, 05:27 PM
The series is first to 4. Spurs look unbeatable but what OKC needs to do has nothing to do with making shots or setting picks. They are one of the many teams in the league who have a shit ton of talent but don't play team ball. They play a ton of isolation basketball, rarely kick out and if so, the ball rarely moves around the horn. That's because there's 3 people on the team who can do anything (or who have done much). Though that might look like the Spurs on the surface, it's not even close. Everyone on the Spurs is moving to spots to receive the ball and to set screens and even back screens. They aren't doing it just to please the coach like OKC would be doing since none of them would get the ball except the big 3, and their picks and screens wouldn't be very effective if Russell doesn't use them and decides to shoot a 3 instead.

OKC will kill you in transition, OKC vs the Heat would be a fast game, lots of dunks. However, they are playing 3 on 5 since the 4 and 5 are almost useless for them much of the time while everyone on the Spurs team is a threat to score the ball. The Spurs move the ball more on one possession than the Thunder do on 4 possessions. That play with about a minute left where Westbrook pulls up for a 3 with no one back, down 8, shows you how they think. They all want to win the game in one shot. They could have set up a play and gotten to the rim or the line or got an open look from 3. Instead they were already in all or nothing mode with plenty of time left in the game.

So, it's maturity, patience and people knowing and accepting their place on the team. RW competes with Durant for face of the franchise. Kevin is obviously the go to guy on offense, and should be until he's stopped. RW should take the easy looks to keep the defense honest, but the ball has to run through Durant if OKC expects to maximize their offense. That would get more people involved. Pass the ball, look for open shots. Thunder never get open shots, they shoot long, contested shots or they drive to the rim and have some fancy play to get points. Nothing easy. Meanwhile back at the other end the Spurs are having a Globetrotters practice session. I halfway to expect to hear Sweet Georgia Brown when SA is moving the ball around.

But, OKC can still win this series. Brooks has to remember he's their coach, not their mother.

DMC
05-30-2012, 05:33 PM
the thunder will always have a trump card. westbrook + perkins for dwight howard.

No one wants Perkins and RW is overrated for any system that doesn't have a superior shooter that everyone else is more worried about. RW can be stopped if he's the focal point.

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2012, 05:38 PM
In all honesty, OKC's primary flaw is that cheguevara keeps picking them to win the WCFs..that's two years in a row..he makes the worst predictions on the Internet, kiss of death..

Latarian Milton
05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Durant + DH would be formidable tbh, but it seems OKC don't have such trading assets to make the "double" D happen.

SpursIndonesia
05-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Durant + DH would be formidable tbh, but it seems OKC don't have such trading assets to make the "double" D happen.

Westbrook + re-signed Ibaka for DH12 ? Perkins can always be moved, his contract isn't that bad and he's still a decent big man (i think trading a big for small would be more easy).

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 09:09 PM
I hope you don't make it this year. Please brothers, we gon' be rooting for you when Tim retires.