PDA

View Full Version : Where is Dejuan Blair?????

tbear280
05-30-2012, 04:13 PM
I know Boris Diaw pretty much took his spot once he signed with the team, but Dejuan has been a ghost since ???? Is he in the dog house with pop or something? I thought James Anderson was the only who doesn't get any minutes???

VBM
05-30-2012, 04:14 PM
On the bench.

Beanzamillion21
05-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Where he need to be for these playoffs. Hope he learns a lot from players like Jackson and Duncan, he needs to be taking notes. Also, I wouldn't mind keeping him around a few more seasons, tbh.

tesseractive
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
I know Boris Diaw pretty much took his spot once he signed with the team, but Dejuan has been a ghost since ???? Is he in the dog house with pop or something? I thought James Anderson was the only who doesn't get any minutes???

He's the 5th best big man, and the overall 11th man on a team with a 10-man playoff rotation. Duncan is obviously the best big man, Diaw is starting at PF because he plays well with Duncan, Splitter is the 3rd big man and Duncan's backup, and Bonner gets a few minutes as the 4th big, spacing the floor.

Blair isn't better than any of those guys, so he sits. No real mystery.

hater
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
he's where he can do no harm to our chances.

davidbowie
05-30-2012, 04:21 PM
i thought he couldve got some mintues last night when boris was in foul trouble and matt not doing shit. i mean just to kill time and get rebounds or be another big body *shrug* who knows

davidbowie
05-30-2012, 04:21 PM
was digging the mohawk tho lol

LakerHater
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
He got a good history in OKC, No?

baseline bum
05-30-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm guessing the Spurs will pick up his option (it's only $1 million) for next season as injury insurance and to try to limit Tim's minutes again, but that next year will be the last we see him in a Spurs uniform. He's just an awful fit here and would likely do a lot better on a team that needed his offensive skills enough to be able to tolerate his defensive deficiencies.

timtonymanu
05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
:lol I thought this was a bumped thread.

How many "Where is DeJuan Blair?" threads have there been in the past month?

Anyway, he's on the bench where he belongs.

lmbebo
05-30-2012, 04:46 PM
He's got some talent, but not great. We hoped he'd be more of a rebounder. He has had amazing rebounding games, but really hasn't translated like we thought it would.

ducks
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
I think he is gone if spurs sign boris and the other big
spurs could use blair to try to trade up

Richie
05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I know he's not well liked here but I imagine Blair has a decent reputation around the league averaging 9.5/5.5 in 20 mins. He's still a half decent rebounder and has good hands.

I'm hoping we can package him in a trade with someone like Neal (leaving Mills as our backup PG assuming he picks up his player option) for a pick if theres someone we like in the late first round.

Libri
05-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm guessing the Spurs will pick up his option (it's only $1 million) for next season as injury insurance and to try to limit Tim's minutes again, but that next year will be the last we see him in a Spurs uniform. He's just an awful fit here and would likely do a lot better on a team that needed his offensive skills enough to be able to tolerate his defensive deficiencies.

I also believe that the Spurs will guarantee his final year. His contract becomes fully guaranteed if the Spurs don't waive him on Nov. 1, 2012.

DJB
05-30-2012, 04:56 PM

Why don't you go back and read some of timvp's post game analysis threads from like, 2 months ago, maybe?

davidbowie
05-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Why don't you go back and read some of timvp's post game analysis threads from like, 2 months ago, maybe?

why don't you just tell us what he said instead

Reck
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
He got his shine during the regular season. I say he played enough..

BlairForceDejuan
05-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Simply too short.

icango
05-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Couldn't hurt in the boards area.

ducks
05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Couldn't hurt in the boards area.

could hurt in all other areas

fraga
05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Simply too short.

CGD
05-30-2012, 06:22 PM
He'll play tomorrow, in garbage time, once OKC gets their only win of the series. Frankly, I can see Pop throwing in the towel early if the game turns into a blow out to avoid giving the Thurder too much confidence ahead of game 4.

Drz
05-30-2012, 06:32 PM
The Spurs are a stats team. Blair's advanced metrics, kind of sadly in my opinion, don't quite measure up to the rest of the team's. I love the way he plays, he's ferocious and fun to watch, but based on how the Spurs run their organization, I think he's benched primarily because the Spurs are nearly always statistically worse when he's on the court, regardless of lineup.

Also, as alluded to above, the Spurs simply can't have 3 offensive players in the paint, that would absolutely crush their offensive game plan. And with a 10 man rotation that already has 4 bigs.... yup.

I do think the Spurs take the metrics much deeper than the paragraph above, and will play lineups based on stat-dependent matchups within games. I'd be curious to see how Blair's adj. +/- looks when matched up against a player like Perkins. Intuitively I think he has enough fight, talent, and body on both the offense and defense ends to make that a plus statistically, but I have zero numbers to back that up.

Drz
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I strongly think he could excel elsewhere in the NBA better than he does in San Antonio, as a poor man's Paul Millsap. He definitely has trade value.

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
He would be nice on a team like the Warriors or Wizards or any other shitty team where he can stat-pad, tbh..

He's one of the worst defensive bigs in NBA history, he doesn't fit well on a title contender..

angelbelow
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I strongly think he could excel elsewhere in the NBA better than he does in San Antonio, as a poor man's Paul Millsap. He definitely has trade value.

Agreed. Hopefully his trade value doesn't plummet after becoming a ghost in these playoffs.

DMC
05-30-2012, 07:19 PM
The Blair Switch Project

freetiago
05-30-2012, 08:15 PM
anyone see his latest tweets
steve kerr doing his best to keep blair motivated
much better then last season where he diawed after getting benched
blair is the best first 6 minute player in spurs history
wouldnt mind see him getting some run in okc
hes a okc killer in that arena

bigbendbruisebrother
05-30-2012, 08:33 PM

With his minutes having evaporated during the playoffs, his trade value is depreciating rapidly.

Here's my CIA Pop theory: if they hack-a-split again, Pop will unleash a well-rested, freaked-out, hungry-ass Blair playing like his career depended on it. Somebody's going to lose an arm.

And all you doubters saying that the Spurs will eat it in Game 3, bullshit. The franchise is #21. 21 straight. Book it.

davidbowie
05-31-2012, 10:09 PM
great rebounding big fella lets gooo!!!!!

Spurtacus
05-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Grizzly Blair ballin' in the 4th tonight.

davidbowie
05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
damn big blair is killin it

SpursRock20
05-31-2012, 10:24 PM
He should get some more burn in game 4.

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2012, 10:25 PM
he showed how his utter piece of shit in teh scrub minutes he got, who cares whats his production on offense when he gives them up on the other end...

davidbowie
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
he showed how his utter piece of shit in teh scrub minutes he got, who cares whats his production on offense when he gives them up on the other end...

hey go fuck yourself

SenorSpur
05-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Coming into this Game #3, I thought Pop should've considered using Blair in some spot minutes. For no other reason than the fact that Duncan has been struggling mightily down low and needed to generate some additional paint points, as well as a spark. Despite his limitations, we all know that Blair has been successful against this very young and athletic OKC team. No one knows how or why, but he has.

Even though it was scrub time, Blair was the most active big the Spurs had on the team tonight. That said, I would mind seeing him get somewhere between 8-10 minutes next game. Bonner isn't doing shit - as usual. Perhaps he can steal some minutes from him.

loveforthegame
05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
As bad as Bonner is playing I don't see why Blair can't get a chance other than garbage time next game.

cutewizard
05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Blair well played today, even though garbage minutes only

perhaps Pop to consider re-inserting him into the regular rotation?

tesseractive
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Blair well played today, even though garbage minutes only

perhaps Pop to consider re-inserting him into the regular rotation?

Call me crazy, but losing a single game after a 20-game win streak doesn't seem like sufficient justification for switching up the rotation.

It was nice to know that he can still play well if we need him though, even if it was in garbage time.

naico
05-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Blair deserves minutes. Only problem i have with the dude is his ego twitter thing. Retweeting as we speak from the locker room and seems happier with his own performance and people giving him credit in a bad spurs loss, than with a spurs win and not playing.

SenorSpur
05-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Blair deserves minutes. Only problem i have with the dude is his ego twitter thing. Retweeting as we speak from the locker room and seems happier with his own performance and people giving him credit in a bad spurs loss, than with a spurs win and not playing.

Not good and very immature.,

Still, I don't see Pop having to switch up the rotation. I'm just saying that Blair seems to provide a spark. As lackadasical as this team was, they needed a spark.

Russo21
05-31-2012, 11:38 PM
I'd put him in over Bonner. Has Ginger hit a shot in the 3 games this series?

pikkiwoki
06-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Dejuansanity to the rescue

davidbowie
06-02-2012, 10:31 PM
good energy dejuan

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 01:02 AM
It's funny that SB said he hopes Pop doesn't play Blair.

ViceCity86
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Thunder Scotty Brooks fears Dejuan Blair.
They have zero respect for Splitter.Let their perimeter players guard him under the basket like Derek Fisher.Tiago is playing super ass soft.

My theory on Spurs all season-a big man short.

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Thunder Scotty Brooks fears Dejuan Blair.
They have zero respect for Splitter.Let their perimeter players guard him under the basket like Derek Fisher.Tiago is playing super ass soft.

My theory on Spurs all season-a big man short.