PDA

View Full Version : Deron won't resign without Dwight?

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Didn't see this anywhere..thought I'd post it...According to Wojo

Dwight Howard Wants Out of Orlando, Nets Need Him to Keep Deron Williams
NBA May 30th. 2012, 11:35am

In a shocking development, Dwight Howard changed his mind again. He wants out of Orlando. According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the soon to be Brooklyn Nets need him, not Anthony Davis, to resign Deron Williams. “It’s Dwight Howard or Bust.”

Williams doesn’t want to stay with the Nets unless they become an instant Eastern Conference contender and wouldn’t accept waiting for Davis’ development. The Nets have a 7.5 percent chance of winning the lottery, and sources said the organization would be willing to part with Davis for the chance to pair Howard and Williams for the franchise’s move into a new Brooklyn arena next season.

The Nets have a 7.5 percent chance of landing the No. 1 overall pick. They may need that to keep Brook Lopez in a trade for Howard. If the Nets don’t land in the Top 3, they lose the pick to Portland.

Dwight Howard will smile and will attribute this to the media making up crazy things.

Do the Nets really need Dwight? It’s Brooklyn. Have a dank basement that serves discounted PBR. Include special parking for vintage Volvo station wagons and fixed gear bikes. Pipe in organic, rarefied air. You’re golden.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/05/30/nets-could-use-no-1-overall-pick-as-trade-bait-for-dwight-howard/

Spurs da champs
05-30-2012, 04:23 PM
So he fires coach & gm just to still leave!?

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM

Does it surprise you? I never thought he was staying.

Spurs da champs
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Does it surprise you? I never thought he was staying.

You'd at least think he'd play out next season, since he terminated his player option.

manufan10
05-30-2012, 04:30 PM

Sounds exactly like LeBron, tbh.

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
You'd at least think he'd play out next season, since he terminated his player option.

Dwight's a bitch, though.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Dwight Howard is a fag. Orlando can keep him.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM

Lebron 2.0

HarlemHeat37
05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
:lol Lebron never got anybody in the organization fired..he supported both the coach and the GM throughout his stay in Cleveland, despite their incompetence..

The misconceptions are ridiculous..

Lebron and Howard aren't comparable, at all..Lebron never made any complaints while he was under contract with the Cavs, he never mishandled any situation in Cleveland..even if you believe The Donation was a poor idea, he wasn't under contract with the Cavs, at that point..

Howard and Williams are perfect for each other..two weak minded, immature coach killers..

Latarian Milton
05-30-2012, 05:53 PM
nets need a top3 pick to keep deron and if nigga stays, DH will come as a result. shit depends all on tonight's lottery imho

baseline bum
05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
he never mishandled any situation in Cleveland..

:cry :cry game 5 in Boston :cry :cry

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 06:19 PM
nets need a top3 pick to keep deron and if nigga stays, DH will come as a result. shit depends all on tonight's lottery imho

naw...going by Wojo, he said even with Davis he won't stay..he wants D12.

tesseractive
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Why do I just know it's going to be Dwight for Bynum and a Deron sign and trade for Gasol?

The Lakers reload. Again.

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Why do I just know it's going to be Dwight for Bynum and a Deron sign and trade for Gasol?

The Lakers reload. Again.

Nah...they'll be in Brooklyn.

Latarian Milton
05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
naw...going by Wojo, he said even with Davis he won't stay..he wants D12.

yeah but Deron is at the helm, not DH. niggas want to play together but Deron is gonna leave his current team first, then DH will follow him sometime later, provided the Magic ain't trading him away at least not in this summer imho

Basketballgirl25
05-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Nah...they'll be in Brooklyn.

well I like your thinking, but I'm still having a gut feeling they go to Lakers, which would be my next team I would like to see Deron and Dwight on:toast, well spurs too, but that's just wishful thinking

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
well I like your thinking, but I'm still having a gut feeling they go to Lakers, which would be my next team I would like to see Deron and Dwight on:toast, well spurs too, but that's just wishful thinking

There's been no talk about them going to LA...I've heard Dallas and Brooklyn. I see Brooklyn. New team, new logo, new arena....yeah, they're going to Brooklyn.

Basketballgirl25
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
There's been no talk about them going to LA...I've heard Dallas and Brooklyn. I see Brooklyn. New team, new logo, new arena....yeah, they're going to Brooklyn.

I've heard talk about LA

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
2 losers deserve each other....

Fenix
05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
he gone :lol

Kai
05-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Dwight & Deron 2 Houston get it er done Morey

Spursfan092120
05-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I've heard talk about LA

Not since the trade deadline..and D12 said he wanted to go to Jersey since then. It only makes sense.

tesseractive
05-30-2012, 08:22 PM

That's all we need... Anthony Davis to New Orleans and Dwight Howard / Deron Williams to Houston.

Who comes in last in that division? The Mavs? (Actually, still N.O., because Davis is young... but still.)

djohn2oo8
05-30-2012, 08:25 PM
lol what do we have to trade for Dwight tho?

Kai
05-30-2012, 08:46 PM
lol what do we have to trade for Dwight tho?

Don't see it happening, but Bima's explanation on Clutchfans:

These are Dwight Howard's options regarding an extension to his contract:

Option A: Right now, he can sign an extension with Orlando that runs through the 2014-15 season. [Four years, including (a) this current season, (b) next season (which is the final year of his current contract) and (c) two more years]

Option B: If he waits until after July 1, he can sign an extension with Orlando that runs through the 2015-16 season. [Four years, including (a) next season and (b) three more years]

(If Dwight elects either Option A or Option B, then he CANNOT be traded for at least six months after the date of the extension.)

Dwight can get an extension as part of an "extend-and-trade" deal, in which he is extended and traded by Orlando to a new team, but such an extension could only be for THREE (3) total seasons, including all seasons under his current contract.

Option C: Right now, he can be extended-and-traded by Orlando to an extension that runs only through the 2013-14 season. [Three years, including (a) this current season, (b) next season (which is the final year of his current contract) and (c) one more year]

Option D: If he waits until July 11 (the end of the July Moratorium), he can be extended-and-traded by Orlando to an extension that runs only through the 2014-15 season. [Three years, including (a) next season and (b) two more years]

For these reasons, I think the following:

(1) Dwight will not likely agree to an extend-and-trade deal with Orlando until July 11 at the earliest, hurting the Magic's chance to complete a draft day deal at "maximum value" but instead leaving Orlando to field less favorable offers from teams.

(2) Few teams will want to give up a huge package of assets for Dwight in a draft day deal, since the longest commitment they could get from Howard in an extend-and-trade is one additional year.

(3) The Rockets will try to force the Magic to make a decision by draft day on a Howard-to-Houston deal, offering (maybe?) the best package of assets for a NON-EXTENDED Dwight Howard, a package that includes multiple 2012 first round picks. The Rockets will attempt to persuade Orlando that

(a) it will not get a better offer for a "pure rental" of Howard and

(b) if they don't trade Howard by the draft, they'll face another "Melo-Drama", where Dwight will be able to force his way to the particular team he wants, except with far worse return than Denver ended up getting in their fleecing of the Knicks. (This pressure will be exerted by the Rockets with full knowledge that, once the draft comes and goes, the bidding for Howard will go up substantially among teams looking for an extend-and-trade deal after July 11.)

Just my two cents. Take them for what they're worth.

100%duncan
05-30-2012, 08:51 PM
What a faggot Dwight is. And Orlando Owner is a faggot too. Never should have fired SVG. Although Otis is dumb as fuck.

djohn2oo8
05-30-2012, 08:52 PM
It's interesting to think about. Orlando was going to trade him to Houston until Dwight opted in.

Seventyniner
05-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Dwight Howard is a fag. Orlando can keep him.

Except that they evidently can't keep him.

They should just give Dwight the middle finger and refuse to trade him at all.

I still say they should have Dwight be the coach and GM as well as a player. That'll teach him to criticize people with those jobs.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Howard is not worth any teams head-aches.. His stock should have plummeted this season..

Basketballgirl25
05-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Howard is not worth any teams head-aches.. His stock should have plummeted this season..

agreed. I hope Deron is smart and goes to Lakers, and Dwight stays in Orlando and doesn't win:lol

Russo21
05-31-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm so sick of these 'superstars' who are just big whiney fucken baby's. Lead your own team to a title. You don't have to hold your friends hand to lead you to the promised land. Be like the good old days and build a great team where you already are and beat the best. Dickheads. I'm not re-signing without Dwight. Are these guys in pre-school or what? This new breed of 'superstars' are pathetic.

Donkeybong
05-31-2012, 04:38 AM
I'd welcome both win open arms

Kai
05-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Deron has been a Net for a year and a half. He doesn't owe the franchise anything. It's not like Dwight. Deron has said from day one that if they can put talent around him, he'll stay. The Nets then proceeded to shit the bed, so Deron's out.