PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Portland draft Andre Drummond with the 6th pick?

Pelicans78
05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
To make up for Bowie and Oden? :toast

Richie
05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
If he falls to 6 he's probably good value there

Thomas82
06-23-2012, 02:46 PM
If anything, I hope he doesn't get drafted by Portland and be the next victim of their big man curse. LaRue Martin, Bill Walton, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden......enough said!! You can even add Arvydas Sabonis to the mix.....he was drafted by them in 1986, but the Soviet Union didn't let him go to Portland until 1995, when he was past his prime.

baseline bum
06-23-2012, 03:09 PM
If anything, I hope he doesn't get drafted by Portland and be the next victim of their big man curse. LaRue Martin, Bill Walton, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden......enough said!! You can even add Arvydas Sabonis to the mix.....he was drafted by them in 1986, but the Soviet Union didn't let him go to Portland until 1995, when he was past his prime.

Drummond don't give a fuck, so might as well have his lazy ass get injured and collect the 4 year rookie deal. Sacrifice him so that a decent player with some drive doesn't get destroyed by their medical staff.

racm
06-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Tbh I hope Olshey doesn't lose his savvy and draft intelligently.

Thomas82
06-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Drummond don't give a fuck, so might as well have his lazy ass get injured and collect the 4 year rookie deal. Sacrifice him so that a decent player with some drive doesn't get destroyed by their medical staff.

I guess we'll see Thursday.

Clipper Nation
06-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Tbh I hope Olshey doesn't lose his savvy and draft intelligently.

:lmao

Get ready, because Olshey SUCKS at the draft, B.... Al-Farouq Aminu, Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie.... no wonder he kept trading away our picks, tbh....

Pelicans78
06-23-2012, 11:45 PM
I bet they will go with Lillard at 6. I'm praying the Hornets go with Terrence Jones at 10. Most Hornet fans want either Leonard, Zeller, or Rivers. I'm ok with Leonard, but I want Jones more.

racm
06-24-2012, 01:33 AM
:lmao

Get ready, because Olshey SUCKS at the draft, B.... Al-Farouq Aminu, Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie.... no wonder he kept trading away our picks, tbh....

He's not RC of course.

baseline bum
06-24-2012, 02:04 AM
I bet they will go with Lillard at 6. I'm praying the Hornets go with Terrence Jones at 10. Most Hornet fans want either Leonard, Zeller, or Rivers. I'm ok with Leonard, but I want Jones more.

I would want Marshall if I'm New Orleans. Unibrow has a lots of offensive potential that he never got to show at Kentucky, and having a solid point guard to get him shots in areas he likes will be big for him. I do agree that Jones is ridiculously undervalued on the mocks I'm seeing right now though.

baseline bum
06-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Rivers is intriguing as hell though, especially at pick #10. The guy can really handle the ball, has a lot of skill making tough shots in the lane, and has a pretty good jumper. Those are three huge skills to have at the NBA level. Unfortunately he's a horrible playmaker and thus would be a disaster at the pro level if he wants to continue to be the ballhawk he has been his entire career.

Pelicans78
06-24-2012, 02:39 AM
I would want Marshall if I'm New Orleans. Unibrow has a lots of offensive potential that he never got to show at Kentucky, and having a solid point guard to get him shots in areas he likes will be big for him. I do agree that Jones is ridiculously undervalued on the mocks I'm seeing right now though.

I like Marshall too especially with Davis, but since Gordon is a ball dominant SG who excels in the pick n roll, I'm not sure if Marshall will be a great fit.

I really don't like Rivers, especially trying to play him at the point next to Gordon.

I used to like Sully before his injury concerns. Now I'm on the TJones bandwagon.

baseline bum
06-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Yeah, Rivers would be a disaster running point. Slipped my mind that you guys have the 2-guard position locked up with Gordon. Gordon's not Dwayne Wade, so I'd kill having him control the ball every time down the floor.