PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead

spurso
05-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I was just having a conversation with a friend about the the Miami heat and wanted to get everyone's opinion on the matter. The simple question was how would the spurs do against the heat. IMO the thunder are better than the heat. In fact, during the pacer series, I thought the heat looked just plain bad. What's more likely:
1. The spurs sweep
2. The spurs win in 7

Obviously I'm not considering the spurs loosing because I don't think they will although it is a possibility. I'm just playing out scenario's to a spur championship.
Maybe timvp can shed some light on this.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2012, 09:19 PM
No looking ahead..

Can't do that...

Wilford Brimley
05-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Lol mma

urunobili
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Heat wins TBH. The league would never allow another LeBron meltdown

eyeh8u
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
I was just having a conversation with a friend about the the Miami heat and wanted to get everyone's opinion on the matter. The simple question was how would the spurs do against the heat. IMO the thunder are better than the heat. In fact, during the pacer series, I thought the heat looked just plain bad. What's more likely:
1. The spurs sweep
2. The spurs win in 7

Obviously I'm not considering the spurs loosing because I don't think they will although it is a possibility. I'm just playing out scenario's to a spur championship.
Maybe timvp can shed some light on this.

a 7 game series with miami is more likely than a 6 or 7 game series with OKC. wouldn't be surprised if refs gift miami a shit load of free throws ala 2006.

Russ
05-30-2012, 09:26 PM
The Heat are the Spurs' nightmare.

Which will make it all the sweeter if the Spurs can win.

Dingle Barry
05-30-2012, 09:28 PM

Bullshit.

spurso
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM

Did anyone else watch the pacer series?

Russ
05-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Bullshit.

You hope they lose?

TwelveGs210
05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Lol mma

Are you more of the figure skating type?

Dingle Barry
05-30-2012, 09:42 PM
You hope they lose?

They aren't the Spurs' nightmare at all. We would tear their shit up even with Wade and LeBroom avg 70 combined.

Russ
05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
They aren't the Spurs' nightmare at all. We would tear their shit up even with Wade and LeBroom avg 70 combined.

Spurs pretty much had the best record in the NBA the last two years.

They're 1-2 against the Heat during that period. Both blowout losses.

What other team can say that?

Marcus Bryant
05-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I would think that, but this team is playing at a 100 year floodplain level, as it were.

Dingle Barry
05-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Spurs pretty much had the best record in the NBA the last two years.

They're 1-2 against the Heat during that period. Both blowout losses.

What other team can say that?

That iteration of the Spurs wouldn't even be in this position IMO.

Russ
05-30-2012, 10:22 PM
IMO.

Whatever you say.

skulls138
05-30-2012, 10:35 PM
That iteration of the Spurs wouldn't even be in this position IMO.

Thats a complete understatement. No Kawhi, no Greene, no Diaw, no Jackson, improved Splitter, improved Parker, improved Duncan, without a drop off anywhere else.

TD 21
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I keep hearing that the "Thunder are better than the Heat", which is ridiculous. The Heat are clearly better. For one, their three stars are in their prime. For another, their top two players are on another level from the Thunder's top two. Also, their defense, when they're locked in, is excellent. They probably have the quickest rotations in the league.

The Reckoning
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
spurs sweep hands down. hell, okc would sweep the heat.

the TOSB mavs exposed those one-dimensional choke-a-holics last year. its gonna be a bloodbath regardless which western team makes it to the finals.

sure the heat have more "depth" this year but bosh and wade continue to suck/be hurt. lebron has carried the team all season, so all the spurs/thunder need to do is contain lebron and its an auto W.

The Reckoning
05-30-2012, 10:56 PM
The Heat are clearly better. For one, their three stars are in their prime. For another, their top two players are on another level from the Thunder's top two.

Dwyane sucks dah. well atleast moreso this year compared to previous seasons.

ok yeah he's had a decent post season, but itll be interesting to see if that continues.

eyeh8u
05-30-2012, 10:59 PM
spurs fans are giving OKC way too much credit, and the Heat not enough, everyone is forgetting bosh isnt playing. Heat series will be tougher than this series

dbreiden83080
05-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Lol mma

If you wanna fight Liberty Medical won't be enough...

ducks
05-30-2012, 11:43 PM
first off
heat are not better then the thunder
thunder would beat heat 7 out of 10 times

dbreiden83080
05-30-2012, 11:46 PM
first off
heat are not better then the thunder
thunder would beat heat 7 out of 10 times

Not sure.. It would be 48 min of Westbrook and Lebron dribbling down the clock and shooting jumpers...

Budkin
05-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Two man team with shitty role players. Spurs in 6.

spursfan1000
05-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Between the heat and the thunder I would give the heat the nod with a healthy bosh. Heats big 3 are just on another level from the thunders. Thunder don't really have a low post presence and heat do in bosh. Heat are just a lot tighter on defense and anytime you have Lebron on your team your never out of the game , until the last 2 minutes of course when Lebron chokes.

dbreiden83080
05-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Between the heat and the thunder I would give the heat the nod with a healthy bosh. Heats big 3 are just on another level from the thunders. Thunder don't really have a low post presence and heat do in bosh. Heat are just a lot tighter on defense and anytime you have Lebron on your team your never out of the game , until the last 2 minutes of course when Lebron chokes.

OKC is deeper and would outscore them IMO.. Spurs healthy eat the Heat up with ball movement.. Wade and Lebron can score all they want..

Floyd Pacquiao
05-31-2012, 12:07 AM
no comment...dont want to jinx the team

eyeh8u
05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
OKC is deeper and would outscore them IMO.. Spurs healthy eat the Heat up with ball movement.. Wade and Lebron can score all they want..

how are they deeper, jumpshooting 3 man team that may run once in a while vs slashing /jumpshooting team with a bit of post presence 3 man team.

they rest of the players are a wash, strengths and weaknesses cancel out, no way you can say one supporting cast is vastly better than the other. so it comes down to which 3 is better. Lebron is better than Durant. Wade will get more calls than westbrook. Bosh's game is more complimentary than Harden's which is the same as Westbrook and Durant.

dbreiden83080
05-31-2012, 12:22 AM
how are they deeper, jumpshooting 3 man team that may run once in a while vs slashing /jumpshooting team with a bit of post presence 3 man team.

they rest of the players are a wash, strengths and weaknesses cancel out, no way you can say one supporting cast is vastly better than the other. so it comes down to which 3 is better. Lebron is better than Durant. Wade will get more calls than westbrook. Bosh's game is more complimentary than Harden's which is the same as Westbrook and Durant.

The Heats bench is complete shit... If Haslem is missing jumpers they lose to the elite teams.. This is the same team that the Pacers had on the verge of a 3-1 hole.. Thunder sweep the Pacers...

Dingle Barry
05-31-2012, 12:27 AM
If they play, Spurs should focus on shutting everyone else down (not hard), limit James and Wade penetratration (difficult) and make them beat us with jumpers.

z0sa
05-31-2012, 12:27 AM
It's the Spurs title to lose, at this point, tbh, and I don't feel too homerish saying that anymore.. but everything really, really depends on how we end up taking this OKC series.

Do the Spurs sweep through?

Do they get a split at least and win in 5?

Or does OKC find something that works, combined with a Spurs offensive letdown from "ULTRAWHITEHOT" mode, that makes this series goes 6 or 7?

If the Spurs stay on fire the Heat face a mountain to climb and it's really all there is to it. I think the Spurs are firmly in control of their own destiny at this point. However which path will they ultimately follow no one can yet say.

aal04
05-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Heat with Bosh = Heat with 60% chance to win
heat without Bosh = SAS with 60% chance to win.

dbreiden83080
05-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Heat with Bosh = Heat with 60% chance to win
heat without Bosh = SAS with 60% chance to win.

LOL Bosh... Heat are better without him.. He admits Lebron and Wade don't even like him... :lol

eyeh8u
05-31-2012, 12:59 AM
LOL Bosh... Heat are better without him.. He admits Lebron and Wade don't even like him... :lol

although they have the potential to be better, when lebron and wade are on he just clogs the lane, with bosh they are more consistent, when lebron is having an off game or Wade's herpes is flaring up bosh gives the heat another option for a game plan.

ducks
05-31-2012, 01:12 AM
james is an idiot

mike20spurs
05-31-2012, 01:35 AM
Did anyone learn anything about the Pacer-Heat series? It's really simple to beat the Heat: PASS THE BALL! That's what Dallas did last season and that's what the Pacers attempted to do. The reason why the Pacers lost is because they lacked a go-to-scorer if momentum ever started swinging. Other than that, they were clearly better as a whole team. The Pacers are definitely a poor man's Spurs. Spurs would make the Heat's defense tired after one quarter! Move the ball until you get the open shot, have Leonard on Lebron, and Danny Green on Wade, shut down everyone else, then prepare for the media frenzy as the Spurs go 16-... I should probably stop there to not jinx it. Anyways, Spurs shouldn't worry about this until OKC is done and in the past. Gotta get Game 3!

hooperflash
05-31-2012, 01:37 AM
read my motto - one game at a time please

BatManu20
05-31-2012, 01:39 AM
We've only won 2 games against OKC.. This thing is far from over. Focus on the present.